Author Topic: Unban....maybe?  (Read 1628 times)

Offline Built

• Count
  • Renown: 244
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
  • I guess P.T. Barnum was right
    • View Profile
  • Faction: DWARVES
  • Game nicks: Radsvid, Eirik, Angry something
  • IRC nick: Built
Re: Unban....maybe?
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2014, 10:11:00 pm »

However, posting a thread on various different glitches and then refusing to tell the mapmakers how you did it (so they can fucking fix it) is a pretty good reason for a ban.

From my few days as a map maker for Quake 2/ Quake 3 Arena/ Unreal Tournament, etc I feel that finding the bug and removing it is the mapmakers responsibility and should be done prior to release. But then again that was an fps and several years ago, so maybe it changed...

Anyways, I don't see why he was banned honestly and I think the entire thing could have been handled much better on both teams side.
But maybe that is just me.
I dun know

banned or not though, Jona will always be a real human being and a real hero
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 10:16:28 pm by Built »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Also, James, you were legitimately mad at a rhyming dwarf on the internet.

Offline Lord_Derpington

• Knight
  • Renown: 41
  • Infamy: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2014, 10:49:42 pm »
Well...this is a bull shit ban on Jona, just because he criticized your mod. Complete bull shit. He pointed out things you can fix, so you ban him. Yep C-Rpg admins for ya.

#FREEJONA

Offline Ubereem

• Count
  • Renown: 197
  • Infamy: 115
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2014, 04:07:42 am »

Free JONA!
Jackson And No Bank

Offline Snufalufagus

• Earl
  • Renown: 320
  • Infamy: 21
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Snuffy, Snufalufagus, Sexy Cupid, Charlie_Sheen Sir Lord Gentleman Snuffy
  • IRC nick: Snufalufagus
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2014, 09:21:51 am »
Could he be un-muted so he can make an official apology at least?
Im your imaginary friend...

Offline Smithy

• Earl
  • Renown: 459
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • immer Kameraden
    • View Profile
  • Faction: iK
  • Game nicks: iK_Smithy
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2014, 03:54:02 pm »
Well...this is a bull shit ban on Jona, just because he criticized your mod. Complete bull shit. He pointed out things you can fix, so you ban him. Yep C-Rpg admins for ya.

#FREEJONA

I feel as though you have no actual idea as to what is going on..  I support the #FREEJONA movement, but I also believe what he did was utter bullshit.  Anyway, someone needs to make some Free Jona forum signatures.  :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Phew

• Marshall
  • Renown: 775
  • Infamy: 132
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Phew_XVI
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2014, 09:25:43 pm »
I miss seeing Jona on siege (although my shield has stayed pleasantly intact since his ban), but this and most other DTV drama could be fixed with one simple change:

Restrict the DTV game mode to <lvl 31 characters.

DTV should be a place to learn cRPG combat mechanics and/or slog through the peasant grind without being 1-shot by all the lvl 34+ tryhards at every turn. It should NOT be the fastest and most profitable way to grind your way to being one of those lvl 34+ tryhards. I got Gen 16, lvl 34 almost exclusively on low-population Siege, which certainly wasn't the fastest route (in fact, it's probably the slowest route) but it was a helluva lot more fun than mindlessly overheading bots on DTV. It truly pains me to see NA DTV populated with all the former NA Siege regulars while NA Siege sits empty. Any one of them would tell you that siege is more fun than DTV, but no one wants to sit on an empty server waiting for people to show up.

Jona doesn't exploit anything on Siege (except that ridiculous Spammaster's Staff sometimes), so he won't ruffle any more feathers if you just make him play there.

« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 09:56:01 pm by Phew »