Author Topic: Conservation is the key  (Read 2025 times)

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
Re: Conservation is the key
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2014, 09:55:44 pm »
I hate the mods where your horse slows down to a crawl when it gets damaged (even worse if that same effect gets applied to your character).

Fuck that noise. 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Arnwald_TheDark

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2014, 06:54:16 pm »
I hate the mods where your horse slows down to a crawl when it gets damaged (even worse if that same effect gets applied to your character).

Fuck that noise.

So you rather ride a magical horse that doesn't get slowed down by the blood fleeting his body? Or the same happening to you when your guts are spilling out by 1 to 2 strikes to the lower abdomen? Let me geuss you're part of the cav that rides into a wall with a 500kg (without armor) horse at about 25 miles/h just to get a couch killl on an archer and feels good about that?

If this were to happen IRL both you and said horse would be nothing but a big splatter on that wall, but THAT would be to much of a demand on coding.

Games should have penalties if you F'd it up, how else can you feel that you achieved something when there are babyrails that catch & guide you all the time?

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2014, 07:19:17 pm »
Okay guys, compromise time...

How about we implement both ideas, the lower movement speed at lower health and adrenaline/bloodlust? Not buying it? Okay, just hear me out...

As you accumulate damage, your adrenaline meter begins to fill. For every hit you take, you lose some health (and therefore speed) and gain some adrenaline. However, as your adrenaline meter fills, you begin to ignore the effects of your pain, and can move faster. You gain 1 adrenaline for every 1 health you lose. You lose .5% of your max speed for every 1 health lost, and gain .5% speed for each 1 adrenaline gained.However, it should be noted that if your adrenaline meter is full, you die, due to the fact that it can only be full when your health is all gone.

And little did you guys know, that these two features are already in the game!

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2014, 07:33:22 pm »
So you rather ride a magical horse that doesn't get slowed down by the blood fleeting his body? Or the same happening to you when your guts are spilling out by 1 to 2 strikes to the lower abdomen? Let me geuss you're part of the cav that rides into a wall with a 500kg (without armor) horse at about 25 miles/h just to get a couch killl on an archer and feels good about that?

If this were to happen IRL both you and said horse would be nothing but a big splatter on that wall, but THAT would be to much of a demand on coding.

Games should have penalties if you F'd it up, how else can you feel that you achieved something when there are babyrails that catch & guide you all the time?

And my horse should knock people out when it runs you over.  When it dies and it's corpse flies into you and 3 other people, you should all be dead or crippled. 

The game isn't realistic, trying to bring realism into it (without a complete overhaul of everything in the game) is fucking retarded.  And it shows how retarded that is, in the mods where your horse slows to a crawl when it takes damage.   But no other concerns about realism are added.

Furthermore, your idea will never happen, so us opinions about it, are a moot point.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2014, 07:56:15 pm »
+1
This should probably be move to Realism area. Thing is this game is only very vaguely based around realism because realism does not necessarily make a game more fun to play. If it did we would play simulators

Making you slow down when you lose HP would be only 1 aspect of realism and you have to consider how that improves the gameplay by implementing it. I don't think it would improve gameplay for reasons I mentioned already, like making the player lose his sense of consistency with his character. For games to be fun you need to be able to make judgements about what you're doing and the impact that has on everything else. If you move at one speed one time and another speed another time you won't get to know how your character performs so you won't learn to make good judgements. You will penalise anything that can't do damage from a distance and team killing hitting would piss people off way more

When you do realism you need to consider how it improves gameplay or immersion. If not then you can't just go for realism in one area then ignore it elsewhere. If we had realism plate would be so much better. 1 handers would suck. We would have real melee fights because ranged were only used before the main fight happened or you would shoot your own guys etc
If you have ranged troubles use this: