Author Topic: Disable the evil feature called "Crosshair" !  (Read 2506 times)

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
Re: Disable the evil feature called "Crosshair" !
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2011, 12:50:22 pm »
If you don't grab any shield skill, because you need to be 'dedicated' two-hander/polearm, it's only your own stupidity that keeps you getting shot. If you don't want shield, do a different job for your team. Flank around instead of being the first one in, in the middle of all their archers.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Dezilagel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 722
  • Infamy: 209
  • cRPG Player
  • (X) probably goes well with Nutella
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guards, Guards!
  • Game nicks: Dezi_the_Bagel
  • IRC nick: Dezilagel
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2011, 02:47:58 pm »
Just change the crosshair then, keep it but remove the "tightens" feature and let people practice their timing.

I know this would buff xbows alot, but they already need a dmg nerf :p

...Or just remove ranged from the game  :twisted:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Quote from: Rumblood
You fuck, or you get fucked.
Valour Multghulis - All Krems Must Die

Offline HarunYahya

• Marshall
  • Renown: 965
  • Infamy: 309
  • cRPG Player
  • Proud Abdulla wielder
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BashiBazouks
  • Game nicks: HarunYahya,HarunShootya,Inan
  • IRC nick: HarunYahya
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2011, 05:56:10 pm »
When there are 50 ranged out of 120 people on battle server,you cannot evade shots.
As ı said before i didn't post this topic for whining , nor asking suggestions to evade shots.
I just think that removing crosshair and maybe increasing damage of projectiles would bring balance on increasing ranged spam.
Do not ever misquote me.If you read the whole paragraph and if you are not a retard you could understand that my explanations target archery rather than xbow or throwing.
(click to show/hide)
Have you ever heard of 15str 24 agi strongbow user horse archer thrower ? -.-

If you post some constructive comments about this suggestion i would be pleased.

Offline mustg

• Noble
  • Renown: 21
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: BashiBazouk_Mustafa
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2011, 05:58:05 pm »
What?  There are these things called shields, they block projectiles, perhaps you should invest in one.  Also, maybe you haven't heard of the projectile drop ranged users suffer from trying to shoot at anything further than ~40 feet away.

+11111

Offline Duerkos

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Basileia ton Romaion
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Duerkos
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2011, 06:22:44 pm »
I plan to  be an archer next generation and I like this suggestion a lot. It is not madness, in lots of games there is no crosshair, you can either fire blindly or use ironsights (here, it would be using first person view).

The only thing I don't like is that you won't be able to know how your accuracy really is, other than trying a lot of times. I would be ok with this if I find some map in a duel server with targets.

And of course, the same for throwers, and buff their accuracy a bit.

Offline Blondin

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • aka Blondie
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Blondin, Tuco, Sentenza
  • IRC nick: Blondin
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2011, 06:24:29 pm »
Constructive comment:
It's not possible because you CAN'T force disable of crosshair, everybody know how to re-activate it.

As i said, chadz made some post with screenshot where you see an archer in firstperson without crosshairs, he wanted to implement this feature but i guess he realize that's impossible...

Offline HarunYahya

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
  • Proud Abdulla wielder
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2011, 07:09:59 pm »
Constructive comment:
It's not possible because you CAN'T force disable of crosshair, everybody know how to re-activate it.

As i said, chadz made some post with screenshot where you see an archer in firstperson without crosshairs, he wanted to implement this feature but i guess he realize that's impossible...
I ignored your first "impossible !" post , i am going to ignore that one also ! :P
You ruined my dreams tbh.I didn't know that it's impossible to disable crosshair from the mod.
Thanks all who shared their thoughts.It would be great imo but ... what a shame :(
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 07:12:50 pm by koyama »

Offline Hirlok

• Duke
  • Renown: 624
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • A friendly archer decorating your ass with arrows
    • View Profile
    • Gab.ai. Freedom of Speech matters.
  • Faction: Always Take The Shot
  • Game nicks: None that you need to know of - except Hirlok the Hermit.
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2011, 07:24:19 pm »
Disable that evil feature and let archers practice their timing to be good !
It would make archery more fun i think.
Mastering your archery skills would be hard as other classes  (1h,2h,polearm,cav...) if you disable crosshair.

Big LOL. If you suggest ANOTHER archery nerf, please: at least do not disguise it as "more fun", we have to deal with enough double speak in real life.
Unless there is an input device with force feedback where I can actually feel the draw of the bow, we need some kind of visualization.
If you don't like it, go play vikingr, it is a meleetist mod where there is no crosshair - but at least the archers are not struck with a slot system there...

"as hard as other classes" - ROFL, really made my day (and yes, I have alts for all other classes, apart from cav)
Hermit Status report : feeling a little social. Threatening melee my old friends with a comeback. Greasing the string of his old longbow. Carving certain names into the tips of his arrows...

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2011, 07:32:51 pm »
I like this idea, even if you would put scotch tape on the screen you would still have to time the arrows. +1 from me
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2011, 07:50:34 pm »
I would kindly accept this if everytime you use a melee weapon, it automatically switches you to first person, and you don't have the arrows showing the direction of your attacks. (i don't use the silly arrows, since i also don't use the first person mode, but heard it was usefull in it)
And, arrow timing is predictable. So predictable that i often come across melees who move EXACTLY the same time i release the click.^^
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2011, 07:50:49 pm »
I like this idea, even if you would put scotch tape on the screen you would still have to time the arrows. +1 from me

To be perfectly honest, considering I already time it 48 times per battle I really have it memorized already. This is not a difficult timing by any atretch of the imagination, especially since with your periphery vision you can watch the draw animation that your body is doing if you really are unable to get used to the timing.

I already don't pay all that much attention to my crosshairs and more to where the target is or the surrounding targets.

Third point, this feature woul be impossible

Fourth point, this would not make it more "fun" only more irritating. If however you are an archer or crossbowmen then please do tell me in detail how this would be fun.

5th point, if you want to nerf something then do it in an easier fashion.

6th point, in RL you effectively have a cross hair by looking down your bow... So not even realism can you argue that this feature would be ok.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Duerkos

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2011, 08:32:26 pm »
Fourth point, this would not make it more "fun" only more irritating. If however you are an archer or crossbowmen then please do tell me in detail how this would be fun.

It will be more fun because shooting well will be more rewarding. If Auto-blocking worked on CRPG as default (and worked perfectly), wouldn't you rather block yourself?

I have played some FPS without crosshairs everywhere, and I like it.

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2011, 08:46:19 pm »
It will be more fun because shooting well will be more rewarding. If Auto-blocking worked on CRPG as default (and worked perfectly), wouldn't you rather block yourself?

I have played some FPS without crosshairs everywhere, and I like it.

A FPS with some bows and such, that have a curbe trajectory, or some FPS with a straight trahjectory with rifles and such, wich are automated and have 150 ammunition ? I don't think you've ever played a FPS with 30 restricted ammo, great trajectory drop, and still needing to watch your back for cavs and such.
Comment is totally unrelated.
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;

Offline Duerkos

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2011, 08:56:10 pm »
A FPS with some bows and such, that have a curbe trajectory, or some FPS with a straight trahjectory with rifles and such, wich are automated and have 150 ammunition ? I don't think you've ever played a FPS with 30 restricted ammo, great trajectory drop, and still needing to watch your back for cavs and such.
Comment is totally unrelated.

So what? This is just one thing more. And well, I have played Killing Floor with the demo class for a long time, and is very similar to the things you mention.

We will just have to disagree. I understand that things fun to some are not funny at all for others. There is some way to remove the crosshair only for me?

PS: I don't really understand why everybody thinks this would be a huge nerf. It is not like accuracy is 100% here in CRPG, and you learn with practice to aim without a crosshair.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 08:57:52 pm by Duerkos »

Offline HarunYahya

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
  • Proud Abdulla wielder
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2011, 09:51:15 pm »
I still don't think it would be a nerf individually for archers.
Maybe it reduces the amount of nonskilled archers who only shoot to crowd hit/kill their teammates or enemies.(Most of the time they just don't care anyway.)

The thing is , i love fighting among ranged and i think most of this community does so.They add the medieval atmosphere for sure.But when %40,%50 or more of the people are ranged on 1 server (Usually they gather in 1 team magically !)It ruins the game experience.

So i came up with this idea but since it's impossible to do and most of you didn't like it,what other things to do to slow down the rangespam ? Limiting ranged class for each team won't work either cuz there is no "class" system in cRPG. :|
This game,as it is now forces melee to play shielder or ninja(I mean ninja tactics.) . Cuz of this situation we miss the epic braveheart style battles where two armies fight face to face under the rain of arrows.Most of the melee dies without getting into contact lol !

Most of the rounds end like this:
1 shielder 1-2 ranged survives and the shielder guy tries to chase and kill the running archers...same shit happens all the time.Sometimes shielder wins sometimes archer.
  Im concerned cuz this game wasn't like that 1-2 months before.It was more fun,it was more epic so i am trying to suggest some solutions and want to see the response from community.
 (Im talking about EU battle servers idk how its going on at NA.)

edit:You guys love the word "nerf".Adding some challenge is not a nerf for god sake .

« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 09:59:22 pm by koyama »