Author Topic: 0.3.2.0  (Read 15031 times)

Offline Turkhammer

• Earl
  • Renown: 376
  • Infamy: 194
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: 0.3.2.0
« Reply #75 on: January 12, 2014, 09:27:08 pm »
+1
Body armor of shields are increased, now their hp needs to be reduced I think?

What would be the use of shields then?  You want to get rid of shield, bring an axe for pole axe.  Or you could try kick slash.  We don't want to weaken shields just so people can slash them like paper with long swords.

Offline ArysOakheart

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1322
  • Infamy: 176
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Peasants of Fisdnar
  • Game nicks: Arys_TheDrunkenPeasant
« Reply #76 on: January 12, 2014, 09:31:46 pm »
+7
Oohhhhh yea OLD ROUND SHIELD BUFF!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Look at that beast.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #77 on: January 12, 2014, 10:01:15 pm »
+7
We're going to apply a 30* ms duration increase to the ready animation of 1h, 2h, pole, and 1h cav thrust(lancer cav/hoplite doesn't receive this). This means it will take longer to reach a spot in the release where you can actually damage an enemy. It won't be perfect, but it should serve its purpose until we can make the more in depth change we've planned for.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 10:52:15 pm by Tydeus »
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline FrugFrug

• Earl
  • Renown: 493
  • Infamy: 59
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: MB Mascot
  • Game nicks: FrugFrug Owl_Beard
« Reply #78 on: January 12, 2014, 10:04:48 pm »
awww yissss practice shield buff

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 2151
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 12, 2014, 10:06:15 pm »
We're going to apply a .03 ms duration increase to the ready animation of 1h, 2h, pole, and 1h cav thrust(lancer cav/hoplite doesn't receive this). This means it will take longer to reach a spot in the release where you can actually damage an enemy. It won't be perfect, but it should serve its purpose until we can make the more in depth change we've planned for.

That only sounds like good idea. I bet it will even more mess up weak netcode of Warband and bring us more lag. But you're the boss.

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
« Reply #80 on: January 12, 2014, 10:08:47 pm »
We're going to apply a .03 ms duration increase to the ready animation of 1h, 2h, pole, and 1h .....
not to be anal, but didnt you mean like 30 ms or 0.03 sec?
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future

Offline Tindel

• Earl
  • Renown: 333
  • Infamy: 238
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Tindel
« Reply #81 on: January 12, 2014, 10:21:11 pm »
+1
And while you are at it, buff 1h picks and 1 blunts so people actually start using them.

Its not like you see alot of those around on the servers is it?  No its just swords and swords,  lets nerf swords..............................

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #82 on: January 12, 2014, 10:22:34 pm »
Amazing. Praise.

Offline Apsod

• Duke
  • Renown: 698
  • Infamy: 98
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Donate a few denari to the farmers of Calradia!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Apsod
« Reply #83 on: January 12, 2014, 10:46:24 pm »
+2
Decided to give archery a try on my STF after the patch. Haven't played it actively for a very long time, but still managed to top the scoreboard. Archery is simply too easy.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 12, 2014, 10:53:49 pm »
That only sounds like good idea. I bet it will even more mess up weak netcode of Warband and bring us more lag. But you're the boss.
No, this actually isn't anything fancy, really. This should help people with high ping more than anything. Essentially this slows thrusts down and gives a player more time to block thrusts. It doesn't change what people see, it doesn't change sweetspots or how much damage people do, nothing like that. It just make the animation of pulling your arm back before you start thrusting forward, longer.
not to be anal, but didnt you mean like 30 ms or 0.03 sec?
Woops, yeah. 30 ms.

Offline Angantyr

• King
  • Renown: 1134
  • Infamy: 130
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 12, 2014, 10:55:09 pm »
Xbows galore.

Thanks for patch, though.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 12, 2014, 10:57:09 pm »
No, this actually isn't anything fancy, really. This should help people with high ping more than anything. Essentially this slows thrusts down and gives a player more time to block thrusts. It doesn't change what people see, it doesn't change sweetspots or how much damage people do, nothing like that. It just make the animation of pulling your arm back before you start thrusting forward, longer.

Isn't that going to have a major impact on gameplay ? What if I block an attack then immediately start stabbing, will that stab connect before I get hit again by spam ?

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 12, 2014, 11:13:00 pm »
No, really, this is an incredibly minor thing. Here's how it works:

Every swing, be it a thrust, overhead or side-swing, has three phases. When you click your left mouse button(or hold it down) while holding a melee weapon, your character immediately enters a swing/thrusts 'ready' animation. Your character will stay in this position until you have both released your left mouse button and the ready_dur has been exceeded. Upon fulfilling both requirements, you will then transition immediately into the release animation for that swing. The release animation is when the weapon becomes active and can collide on scene props or damage agents. Before this patch, your character would be in the ready animation for 350 ms, now we have increased that to 380. It's a minor change, but it should help.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Zanze

• Earl
  • Renown: 366
  • Infamy: 69
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
  • Game nicks: Raven_Zan
« Reply #88 on: January 12, 2014, 11:34:26 pm »
We're going to apply a 30* ms duration increase to the ready animation of 1h, 2h, pole, and 1h cav thrust(lancer cav/hoplite doesn't receive this). This means it will take longer to reach a spot in the release where you can actually damage an enemy. It won't be perfect, but it should serve its purpose until we can make the more in depth change we've planned for.

I was scared up until I read hoplite would not receive the duration increase. Not getting double hit is hard enough as is.

Also, awesome shield buff. Makes the lower level shields a lot more viable for hybrids while encouraging pure class shielders.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 243
  • Infamy: 1006
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 12, 2014, 11:38:04 pm »
+2
I'm probably the only player on EU siege who still use awlpike, and I'm not even that good with it. Knitler doesn't play cRPG anymore, Heibai use other polearms, Switch is playing on alt, Teeth is not playing cRPG. On siege there are mainly swinging weapons, 2H and poleaxes, shielders and ranged, of course. Dunno how it is on NA, but I bet there aren't many 2D polearms users there as well. Only good thing about awlpike is stealing kills, while players are busy fighting someone else. I can't duel with it (tried). Reason why I use it is because I'm tired of Druzhina and Grey Order behemoths with 90 HP and 75 body armor rating.

This patch brought a lot of ranged players online, which will soon be countered by more shielders. I don't understand why are you try to nerf 2D polearms, when they aren't good against any of those dominant classes.

Dunno about battle, but from what I've heard it's full of ranged and mounted ranged.

To be perfectly honest with you, Tydeus, while I have crappy internet connection myself I'm not for giving advantages to high ping players. We have way too many high level players with 80+ ping who learned to play after 3 years, they don't really need more help.