Author Topic: Tower shield?  (Read 626 times)

Offline RD_Professor

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 718
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player
  • goon
    • View Profile
Tower shield?
« on: January 11, 2014, 07:36:03 am »
+1
I have no idea whether this will balance well into the game but I would like to see some sort of 2h shield that can take a helluva beating. In the (somewhat short) time I have spent being a shielder, it's seemed as though even with 7 shielding my huscy shield couldn't take a huge amount of hits. To make it practical for the user maybe it could have a bonus to the nudge power, maybe even add in a melee bonus? I feel like there is a slim chance this could be a good addition to this mod, but then again, I could be wrong.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 08:37:05 am by Dr_Professor »
shoot me on discord or real life

Offline Battlepriest

• Scene Manager
  • Renown: 440
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • hi how are you doing
    • View Profile
  • Faction: hesse
  • Game nicks: hesse_judie, skot_judas
  • IRC nick: sweet potato
Re: Tower shield?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2014, 08:05:52 am »
+2
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Unless you mean 2h board shield that's held with 2 hands. Just encourages turtling. Maybe you can go 13 shield and use one of these to make a shield wall with some friends. That's a good way to get a blowjob from the 2hers complaining about archers

Offline RD_Professor

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 718
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player
  • goon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2014, 08:36:11 am »
Yes i do mean a 2h sheild, and I didn't expect people to like it. But, worse ideas have been suggested.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 08:45:41 am by Dr_Professor »
shoot me on discord or real life

Offline Grumpy_Nic

• King
  • Renown: 1023
  • Infamy: 306
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Hermann_von_Krems
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2014, 09:20:49 am »
+1
Avoid enemies with axes and your shield should be fine. My shield hardly brakes with 6 shield skill. Once you engage an axe wielding maniac its gone though. Pick your enemies.

Offline owens

• Earl
  • Renown: 436
  • Infamy: 389
  • cRPG Player
  • PK_BALLA
    • View Profile
    • Our Website
  • Faction: Persian Kittens
  • Game nicks: PK's nice guy
  • IRC nick: PK world tour pm to donate
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2014, 09:57:05 am »
+2
I wouldn't be all that happy with someone (on my team) choosing a class with no damage capability
PK is back

PK is a collection of elites from throughout modern and ancient history. Giants of Calradia individually, as a group these gods of combat shatter all expectations and ascend to a higher plain of victory that only a few have seen before.

Offline Johammeth

• King
  • Renown: 1077
  • Infamy: 81
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ConnectiKUTT
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2014, 03:51:44 pm »
+1
Avoid enemies with axes and your shield should be fine. My shield hardly brakes with 6 shield skill. Once you engage an axe wielding maniac its gone though. Pick your enemies.

This x1000.

For OP:

Also make sure that you're fighting back, or at least threatening your opponent. If your opponent doesn't think you're going to attack, then they will just spam your shield as fast as possible until it breaks.

Even if you just get into the "i hit you, you hit me" rhythm of trading blows on shields, your 7 shield Huscarl's should outlast that of most opponents. Also, trading blows has the effect of reducing their overall attack speed (since they have to spend half the time covering up from YOUR blows) so your shield will stay alive significantly longer.

Disrupt the rhythm with feints/held attacks (attack when they think it's their "turn" to), and you've got the most basic strategy. (Just watch out for them doing the same to you!)