Author Topic: PC build  (Read 2447 times)

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 71
  • Infamy: 2903
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
Re: PC build
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2014, 06:09:42 pm »
Unless it is OEM license (which most likely is) you can call them and ask to transfer your license to new PC. Are you university student? If you are try to find a way to get it from Dreamspark.

Offline Latvian

• King
  • Renown: 1494
  • Infamy: 379
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • с̴͎͖͈͟͠ͅу̷̸̻̣͇͚̫͎͇̩̟̖̪͇̯к̀́͠͞҉͎͚͎а̰̤͕̱͔̬͖̟̺͍͎́͞ ̸͝
    • View Profile
  • Faction: one and only DESERTERS
  • Game nicks: u know its me when you see me
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2014, 06:13:10 pm »
Unless it is OEM license (which most likely is) you can call them and ask to transfer your license to new PC. Are you university student? If you are try to find a way to get it from Dreamspark.
no i am not uni student
people are like potatoes, they come in different shapes and sizes and they all are beautifull
masturbating while looking in a mirror isnt wrong unless its the rear view mirror and you are driving a school buss.

it doesnt matter if you are happiest person or an unfortunate weeper, a powerfull beast or a terrifying creature. we are all equal, in the eyes of the reaper.

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2014, 06:30:37 pm »
+2
AMD is promising great things with Mantle, but like with everything AMD it's only a promise...

Intel i7-4771K
16 GB DDR3 RAM
GeForce GTX770
250 GB SSD
PSU SS620 or TT800W
Windows Pirate Edition*
Case Corsair

*Do not buy this shit, do not pay money to Microsoft. Unless you're American.

You'll be able to install SteamOS on this can and I'm certain that fine chap from Trieste will have to port his engine to Linux in near future :wink:
I'd replace the 250gb SSD with a 120gb SSD + 2TB HDD, much more practical, imo. That's pretty much it. I bet you can put this together on ebay for 1k euros, anything more than this is probably just a waste.

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2014, 06:34:14 pm »
+1
I kinda dislike AMDs in general. Options for making a PC are quite limitless honestly. Just make sure your powersupply can sustain your PC and get a very high-end graphicscard and shitton of RAM. Id suggest 16gb max. 8 is good too if you dont plan on hosting servers and such. And as I understood Jarlek proposed GTX 660. I have a GTX 670(which is better) and it is starting to show slight signs of aging. Would not suggest going 660. Id go with Leshma on this and just go with a GTX 770. GPU is superimportant and id suggest not sparing expense when getting one to avoid getting frustrated and buying a new one in a short time. Personally as a slightly more then casual gamer that I am, I never found much use for my i7 processor. People I know, run everything fine even with i3s.

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2014, 06:35:56 pm »
Yeah a good power supply is important. Had a coolmaster 500w broke on me 2 weeks ago. Only had it for around 3 months :|
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2014, 06:53:23 pm »
+2
As latvian asked over steam, here are my recommendations.

Basically the same as Jarold, but replace the hard disk with something like this : http://www.ebay.com/itm/Seagate-1TB-2-5-SATA-6-0Gbps-Hard-Drive-Solid-State-Drive-Hybrid-ST1000LM014-/231087233186, or a 250Gb samsung SSD given that you already have a 1tb external drive.
I was going to suggest replacing the CPU with this http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brand-NEW-Sealed-Intel-Core-i7-3770K-3-5GHz-Quad-Core-BX80637I73770K-Processor-/321287030628 but the Vishera is so cheap... there's probably a catch though, AMD CPUs being traditionally less gaming-friendly.

Also you'll definitely be fine with a 500W branded PSU unless you start derping with a SLI/Crossfire setup.

Offline Latvian

• King
    • View Profile
people are like potatoes, they come in different shapes and sizes and they all are beautifull
masturbating while looking in a mirror isnt wrong unless its the rear view mirror and you are driving a school buss.

it doesnt matter if you are happiest person or an unfortunate weeper, a powerfull beast or a terrifying creature. we are all equal, in the eyes of the reaper.

Offline FleetFox

• Marshall
  • Renown: 711
  • Infamy: 72
  • Fox Shox Rox
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Norsemen
  • Game nicks: Norse_Torr and FleetFox
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2014, 08:03:13 pm »
I'd also recommend waiting for the arrival of the steam box consoles (to see if they turn out any good), you might just feel they will be a good option for the money to use as a gaming rig, then laptop for every day use :)
"Its better to die on your feet than to live on your knees."
― Emiliano Zapata

Offline Tore

• Item Manager
  • Renown: 882
  • Infamy: 329
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2014, 08:05:36 pm »
I'd also recommend waiting for the arrival of the steam box consoles (to see if they turn out any good), you might just feel they will be a good option for the money to use as a gaming rig, then laptop for every day use :)

It will probarbly still be cheaper to build a pc yourself, and steam OS is free.

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2014, 10:01:30 pm »
Do you plan to build it?

This comes to 935 Euros from CyberpowerPC.com already assembled and ready to go. I think someone said in another thread that they dont ship to Europe, but there is a French site (I think) that does and is about similar on their pricing.

Gaming Chasis: CYBERPOWERPC X-Titan 200 Full Tower Gaming Case w/ USB 3.0, Fan Control, EZ Swap HDD Dock, Side Panel Window (Black Color)
    Internal USB Expansion Module: None
    Neon Light Upgrade: None
    Extra Case Fans: Default case fans
    Noise Reduction Technology: None
    CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-4770K 3.50 GHz 8MB Intel Smart Cache LGA1150 (All Venom OC Certified)
    Performance Tuning Protection Plan by Intel: None
    Venom Boost Fast And Efficient Factory Overclocking: No Overclocking
    CPU / Processor Cooling Fan: Corsair Hydro Series H60 High Performance Liquid Cooling System 120MM Radiator & Fan (Single Standard 120MM Fan)
    Coolant for Cyberpower Xtreme Hydro Water Cooling Kits: Standard Coolant
    Motherboard: MSI Z87-G41 PC Mate ATX w/ Military Class 4, OC Genie II, GbLAN, 2 GEn3 PCIe x16, 2 PCIe x1, 2 PCI
    Intel Smart Response Technology: None
    RAM / System Memory: 8GB (4GBx2) DDR3/1866MHz Dual Channel Memory (ADATA XPG V2)
    Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 2GB GDDR5 16X PCIe 3.0 Video Card (Major Brand Powered by NVIDIA)
    Freebies: None
    Video Card 2: None
    Freebies: None
    Video Card 3: None
    Power Supply: 800 Watts - Standard 80 Plus Certified Power Supply - SLI/CrossFireX Ready
    Hard Drive: 2TB (2TBx1) SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 64MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (Single Drive)
    Secondary Hard Drive: None
    Hard Drive Cooling Fan: None
    External Storage: None
    USB Flash Drive: None
    Optical Drive: 24X Double Layer Dual Format DVD+-R/+-RW + CD-R/RW Drive (BLACK COLOR)
    Optical Drive 2: None
    External Optical Drive: None
    Sound: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
    LCD Monitor: None
    2nd Monitor: None
    3rd Monitor: None
    Speakers: None
    Internal Network Card: Onboard Gigabit LAN Network
    Keyboard: AZZA Multimedia USB Gaming Keyboard
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2921
  • Infamy: 509
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2014, 10:06:31 pm »
935 EUR with taxes? Also PC parts are cheaper in USA.

Offline Jarold

• Marshall
  • Renown: 987
  • Infamy: 142
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "Always wear more armor than the guy next to you."
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarold
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2014, 12:14:53 am »
It's nice to know i'm the only poor one here! But sure if you can go double the price I put up for my build then definitely get a better graphics card, even though the 660 isn't terrible. I was just assuming you were trying to get it fast and cheap. I hear good things about the GTX 770 and my friend actually has one and it's great.

CPU is important if you have a good graphics card but not terribly important. With the AMD FX-6300 it could bottleneck you by 10-15 fps at most if you have a super chunky graphics card, but a 660 not at all really. So i'd go with an Intel i7 since you have a way bigger budget then me.

Offline Latvian

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2014, 10:16:08 pm »
+1
oh boy , i think  i exceeted my budget a little by ordering this thing, well but you know what they say YOLO. even took legit windows :D

anyway thank you all who replied , helped me alot   :wink:

(click to show/hide)

i think i took different box though.

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2014, 10:42:58 pm »
+1
A pre-built? Come on, donate that money to charities, if it really burdens you that much O.o

Offline NuberT

• Earl
  • Renown: 436
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: NuberT_HRE
  • IRC nick: NuberT_HRE
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2014, 10:50:49 pm »
+3
oh boy , i think  i exceeted my budget a little by ordering this thing, well but you know what they say YOLO. even took legit windows :D

anyway thank you all who replied , helped me alot   :wink:

(click to show/hide)

i think i took different box though.