Poll

Is the game acceptable in it's current state?

I am american, and I think swords/stabs are fine. I am also gay
23 (13.5%)
I am eurofilth, and I think swords/stabs are fine. I am undoubtedly gay.
20 (11.7%)
I am american, I think swords/stabs are too easy and need to be changed.
28 (16.4%)
I am european and somehow intelligent enough to see that swords/stabs must be changed.
26 (15.2%)
I am a filthy, babbling, illiterate european who craves linear gameplay and the addition of poorly implemented mechanics like roll and nudge.
24 (14%)
清庄静庄静冲
50 (29.2%)

Total Members Voted: 171

Author Topic: Swords *(Now with polls!)*  (Read 8602 times)

Offline Smithy

• Earl
  • Renown: 459
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • immer Kameraden
    • View Profile
  • Faction: iK
  • Game nicks: iK_Smithy
Re: Swords
« Reply #45 on: January 06, 2014, 12:58:23 am »
Why would you use ANY three directional over a 4 directional sword? The stab is the only attack worth using now thanks to Tydefriend.

This just proves your lack of understanding when it comes to how weapons and their mechanics actually function in this game.  Tydeus did not make stabs "OP" or, "the only viable attack direction" as you and so many others have come to believe.  Everything has advantages and disadvantages.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Sari

• Duke
  • Renown: 507
  • Infamy: 111
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 06, 2014, 01:03:55 am »
This just proves your lack of understanding when it comes to how weapons and their mechanics actually function in this game.  Tydeus did not make stabs "OP" or, "the only viable attack direction" as you and so many others have come to believe.  Everything has advantages and disadvantages.

With stab being "OP", everybody now days stabs. So it's easy fighting them, just like fighting a hoplite. Down Block!  8-)

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #47 on: January 06, 2014, 01:05:01 am »
+3
As a 2D polearm user, I can say stabs are OP
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #48 on: January 06, 2014, 08:26:26 am »
+1

You clearly don't watch riran or tretter fight much, do you?

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Dionysus

• Duke
  • Renown: 696
  • Infamy: 63
  • cRPG Player
  • I move-- for no man.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Art of War
  • Game nicks: Dionysus_AoW
« Reply #49 on: January 06, 2014, 08:45:58 am »
+5
I assume you're exclusively talking about one-handed weapons, and I think seeing an increase in their use would mean buffing their stats. The only two maces I often see used by players are the Spathovaklion and the Iberian. Why bother using the Winged, Spiked*, Knobbed*, Iron, or Flanged Maces?

As for axes, I see them all used to some degree, particularly as an auxiliary to a sword. The sword is otherwise just a superior weapon.

Offline owens

• Earl
  • Renown: 436
  • Infamy: 389
  • cRPG Player
  • PK_BALLA
    • View Profile
    • Our Website
  • Faction: Persian Kittens
  • Game nicks: PK's nice guy
  • IRC nick: PK world tour pm to donate
« Reply #50 on: January 06, 2014, 10:51:36 am »
+2
^This

When a few maces are far better than the rest only a few will be used. I suggest increasing the stat diversity of maces. Damage and speed are the only things that need to be changed so why not.
PK is back

PK is a collection of elites from throughout modern and ancient history. Giants of Calradia individually, as a group these gods of combat shatter all expectations and ascend to a higher plain of victory that only a few have seen before.

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • Renown: 1168
  • Infamy: 616
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 06, 2014, 11:06:41 am »
+2
imo remove weapons altogether

we can just use nudge and kick to kill everyone, it'll be 98.4% fun
I 10/10'd cRPG on moddb.com!

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !

Offline Nightmare798

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 400
  • Infamy: 502
  • cRPG Player
  • Darksider on redemption
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 06, 2014, 11:14:20 am »
^This

When a few maces are far better than the rest only a few will be used. I suggest increasing the stat diversity of maces. Damage and speed are the only things that need to be changed so why not.

Price? Reach? Cost? Speed?
Tseng: Used to the bitter taste of refusal, this only serves to reinforce his greatest life lession yet.
Cloud: And that is?
Tseng: Bitches, man.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 06, 2014, 11:19:31 am »
+11
Stabs are the fastest attack, often the highest damage attack, the longest attack, the easiest to aim past teammates and stabs benefit the most from speed bonus. Stabs are OP and the biggest source of frustration for me in the game currently.

Offline Nightmare798

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 400
  • Infamy: 502
  • cRPG Player
  • Darksider on redemption
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 06, 2014, 11:50:28 am »
cRPG has waaay too many swords.
Please to add more maces, axes, goofy blunt weapons, and polearms.
It would also be nice if players were given more incentive to use weapons that aren't swords.
(click to show/hide)

Many love.
SMAGMAR.

You forget picks, hammers and clubs. And I am sure as hell that spathovaklion doesnt show when you type "mace,, in the shop weapon name.
Tseng: Used to the bitter taste of refusal, this only serves to reinforce his greatest life lession yet.
Cloud: And that is?
Tseng: Bitches, man.

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • Renown: 795
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 06, 2014, 01:10:41 pm »
sword is just the best allround weapon thus preferred by majority = many swords

Stabs are the fastest attack, often the highest damage attack, the longest attack, the easiest to aim past teammates and stabs benefit the most from speed bonus. Stabs are OP and the biggest source of frustration for me in the game currently.

but its almost the only cav defense for a 1h

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 06, 2014, 06:37:23 pm »

i couldn't agree more

watching dieler / polepoop / teeth (although they are the best players to use as an example of this) jumping around in full tincan

(the idea of tincan is that you're supposed to be slow, am i right)

and yet, having a weapon with extremely long range, extremely high damage, and being instant (polearm/2h/1h stabs are absolutely instant, no left, right, or up swing can outspeed them)

if any of these guys, with the armour levels and WPF they use, were using a swing instead of a stab, they would not get nearly as many kills (although like i say they are good players), their weapons would be very slow (like they should be in full tincan armour)

It's just a complete joke that someone can wear extremely high armour, and yet the second he uses a polearm/2h/1h stab, even with a mostly STR build, he's faster than my left/right/up swing with a weapon with ~~ 15-20 more weapon speed, a gambeson as my armour, and 9 weapon master.

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #57 on: January 06, 2014, 06:41:52 pm »
Maybe if jumping doesn't let you outpace someone with much more athletics than you?

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 06, 2014, 06:50:16 pm »
+1
Maybe if jumping doesn't let you outpace someone with much more athletics than you?

i don't think that's the problem, i think the problem is that stabs just don't require much WPF to massively outspeed every other attack direction, as well as do more damage and have a longer range

it's pretty dumb imo

Offline Mr.K.

• Earl
  • Renown: 474
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmar Union
« Reply #59 on: January 06, 2014, 06:53:57 pm »
+2
sword is just the best allround weapon thus preferred by majority = many swords

but its almost the only cav defense for a 1h

Why should 1H have a attack to defend against cav? What exactly can 1H cav attack now head on? And no, I'm not saying 1H cav is hard