Poll

Will it be better than bannerlord?

Yeah, way better
97 (43.1%)
Don't think so
128 (56.9%)

Total Members Voted: 225

Author Topic: Kingdom Come: Deliverance  (Read 62862 times)

Offline jack786

• Count
  • Renown: 194
  • Infamy: 62
  • cRPG Player
  • Field Commander
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Swadia
  • Game nicks: Nefcok
Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance
« Reply #45 on: January 22, 2014, 11:27:05 am »
+2
It looks like a RPG game , graphics look like WotR , suux! :D
wow didnt know there are so stupid people in world, that doesn't see difference at something when they look at it...
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

Offline Apsod

• Duke
  • Renown: 698
  • Infamy: 98
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Donate a few denari to the farmers of Calradia!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Apsod

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 22, 2014, 11:53:36 am »
I also don't like how they are trying to take us hostage by saying "If you don't back this, the publishers will never do it again"

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 22, 2014, 11:56:35 am »
+2
It has a different scope than Bannerlord. So you can't say whether it will be better, because it will be different.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?

Offline Moncho

• King
  • Renown: 1127
  • Infamy: 221
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Moncho, Some_Random_STF, Some_Random_Troll
« Reply #49 on: January 22, 2014, 12:01:51 pm »
This almost killed my hopes for the game:
 :cry: :cry: :cry:
Battles and castle sieges

You are no superhero - fighting multiple enemies at the same time is very difficult. It is often a good idea to have allies at your side (and, at times, a lot of them). Our goal is to have as many characters in fights as possible and to offer players big battles and castle sieges to take part in. Not many battles, mind you - more like one or two in the first act. For us, a battle is a climax, not a ‘wow’ moment that needs to happen every two minutes. The precise scope of these battles and the amount of characters on screen are still things we are evaluating – they are complicated feats to pull off even on next-gen hardware.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 22, 2014, 12:03:55 pm »
+6
wow didnt know there are so stupid people in world, that doesn't see difference at something when they look at it...
Funny, as I don't think you should compare this game to Bannerlord at all, it is probably more similar to The Witcher in game design. I presume Bannerlord is going for their brand of sandbox world map based party gameplay again, which is a very different experience altogether with the focus on other things. Less focus on story, more focus on very dynamic and non scripted gameplay and battles. I am really curious to see where Bannerlord devs take that style of singleplayer because it has so much potential. Doing any comparison on the basis of the very little info we have for these completely different games is just senseless.

As for this game, the graphics and the style look very good, but it all depends on the quality of the story and gameplay. Can't say anything about the quality of the story yet. Trailer was a bit cheesy, so I hope they do better with the story. The gameplay looks very scripted to me, which is probably going to make it boring. Doesn't look like the combat system supports fighting multiple opponents at once, and those big battles seem to be scripted sequences where you run into opponents one by one and defeat them. They got the right atmosphere going though.

The Witcher 2 was pretty much my favourite big studio release of recent years so I am interested. I am fairly sure that from a purely combat gameplay point of view Bannerlord is going to leave this in the dust. Warband left the Witcher 2 in the dust in that regard as well, didn't stop it from being a tremendously well designed experience.

Offline Algarn

• King
  • Renown: 1230
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Algarn, Jorick
« Reply #51 on: January 22, 2014, 01:14:13 pm »

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 327
  • Infamy: 1453
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 22, 2014, 01:18:00 pm »
+1
They mention combat like in Dark Souls, so there will probably be stamina and I doubt there will be directional combat/blocking. But it's an RPG so no big deal, really.

Offline pingpong

• Earl
  • Renown: 423
  • Infamy: 220
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 22, 2014, 01:23:23 pm »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=MefZfhxgpZE#t=14

Official kick starter video.
Wow did they hire some random guy from the streets to do the voice acting, because it sucks and sounds odd at best.
And apparently  unique melee combat: everyone 1vs1 gaydueling each other.

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 22, 2014, 05:01:45 pm »
Well, it looks really ambitious alright. The only negative point in this video is that at 1:30 you clearly see that right now they are unable to have fights bigger than maybe a dozen people. Also I suspect the combat system will not be able to deal with situations other than 1v1, Assassin's Creed-like.
They said you will fight multiple opponants in this;
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/the-medieval-unmagic-of-kingdom-come-deliverance/1100-6417236/

hopefully that was just because its WIP, altho I doubt you will having 100 people trying to slash you at the same time like M&B.

also
"We're trying to mix the freedom and mechanics of Skyrim, the setting of Mount & Blade, the storytelling of The Witcher, and the combat dynamics of Dark Souls in a single gorgeous package."

This game is not going to be a direct competitor to bannerlord imo, bannerlord is largely a stratergy game and has multiplayer. Kingdom is all about the singleplayer and will probably be more simular like witcher/skyrim/darksouls, also obvious focus on graphics, immersion and will release on console. They will be very different games I reckon

Anyway this is a kickstarter I really want to get funded, but I'm still too broke to buy something that likely wont come out until 2016.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 05:07:54 pm by Banok »

Offline LordRichrich

• Count
  • Renown: 297
  • Infamy: 115
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 22, 2014, 05:01:58 pm »
+3
This almost killed my hopes for the game:
 :cry: :cry: :cry:
Battles and castle sieges

You are no superhero - fighting multiple enemies at the same time is very difficult. It is often a good idea to have allies at your side (and, at times, a lot of them). Our goal is to have as many characters in fights as possible and to offer players big battles and castle sieges to take part in. Not many battles, mind you - more like one or two in the first act. For us, a battle is a climax, not a ‘wow’ moment that needs to happen every two minutes. The precise scope of these battles and the amount of characters on screen are still things we are evaluating – they are complicated feats to pull off even on next-gen hardware.

Can no one see that this isn't a Mount and Blade type game?
Best way to look at it, strip away all the fantasy crap from Skyrim and add fuckloads of detail and depth to it.
Warband is a fighting game, everything is about fighting, I think this game will be MORE of an RPG, like crafting, family, hunting, all the things you can't do in warband at the expense of constant big battles. I think they will be able to do "large" battles in the way that you will be able to see other parts of the battle (scripted) and be able to interact with your own small part of it, with previous factors affecting who wins (ie, you can't turn the tide of battle yourself, if you have worse troops or less or whatever, you're gonna lose). This is just my take on it however, from what I've watch.

TL;DR, it's not meant to be a constant battle fest like Warband but like skyrim (but much much much more indepth and detailed)

Offline LordRichrich

• Count
  • Renown: 297
  • Infamy: 115
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 22, 2014, 05:04:29 pm »
Wow did they hire some random guy from the streets to do the voice acting, because it sucks and sounds odd at best.
And apparently  unique melee combat: everyone 1vs1 gaydueling each other.

Why can no one see this is alpha footage? Seriously with every game footage that comes out as alpha, you get complaints about how this is bad, with no askance of the dev to see if it will change. What if they've nailed the 1 vs 1 combat (so they have something to show) and are now working on the more complicated task of multi-combat. And the voice acting is again just a placeholder, clearly. The voice acting is something they'll do in the final stages before release, for now it's just one of the devs giving it a placeholder.

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 22, 2014, 08:10:52 pm »
+1
The only thing I dont like is the first-person part. I have always been a complete sucker for 3rd person games. 1st person always seems so limited compared to it.

Offline Nightmare798

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 400
  • Infamy: 502
  • cRPG Player
  • Darksider on redemption
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 22, 2014, 08:15:45 pm »
+1
Dunno about the game, but I have never heard of a title with a name this stupid.
Tseng: Used to the bitter taste of refusal, this only serves to reinforce his greatest life lession yet.
Cloud: And that is?
Tseng: Bitches, man.

Offline Mala

• Earl
  • Renown: 412
  • Infamy: 61
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 22, 2014, 10:30:57 pm »
Dunno about the game, but I have never heard of a title with a name this stupid.

my favorite is still "Deathfire: Ruins of Nethermore".