Author Topic: HoC BUYING MERCS OFF ROSTER TO SECURE THEIR SHIT EXISTENCE  (Read 6625 times)

Offline Novamere

• Duke
  • Renown: 599
  • Infamy: 273
  • cRPG Player
  • Feed me your tears!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Knightmare_
Re: HoC BUYING MERCS OFF ROSTER TO SECURE THEIR SHIT EXISTENCE
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2013, 05:15:15 am »
+1
I am against paying people to switch sides for two reasons. 1) It is expensive and 2) the merc will come to expect it when he signs for you. By offering general rewards, you get rid of both those negatives. You draw in more mercs willing to fight for you at a cheaper cost as well as making sure it doesn't become an expected reward.

This makes total sense i wish every battle had top 2 prizes for Kills/KDR/Score. Well you would of course be excluded cause of your xbow skill and all but yea hahaha.

Offline The Last Ironside REDGAR

• Knight
  • Renown: 47
  • Infamy: 22
  • cRPG Player
  • For the glory of the House.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: REDGAR_The_Bloodthirsty, The_Last_Ironside_REDGAR
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2013, 05:16:22 am »
+4
They are mercenaries. They fight for money. It's true, look it up. The mercs we hired were on your roster because YOU paid them. We did not attempt to steal them, but rather decided to seek out a few extremely talented MERCENARIES to fight for us. They already had an incentive to fight for you, with that incentive being money, so we offered more. THAT is called bidding.  You can look that up too; you'll find it, I promise. We did nothing wrong. I'm sorry if you didn't like it, but we were as much within our rights to pay players as you were, no matter the terms of the reward.  We won the siege because our men fought well and our command was superior. You Gobblins knew you were attacking a castle; blaming your failure to capture Almerra on the presence of WALLS is a little pathetic really. I do not know what you expected, but you will not just waltz into our home, one of the most well-built castles in NA and our choice of home for a reason, and take it from us while only spending 4,000 men...1,800 of which we now control due to your failure to plan an effective siege. Perhaps you are too used to walking into poorly-defended villages with thousands of men in endless plate to plan for a REAL siege, but if you wish to take Almerra from us, you're going to have to go big or go home. And based on today, you may just want to go home.
Deliver prosperity to your people, honor to your House, glorious victory to your men, and sorrow to your enemies.

Offline GOBBLINKINGREATLEADER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 515
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Daruvian, GOBBLINKINGGREATLEADER
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2013, 05:27:52 am »
+6
They are mercenaries. They fight for money. It's true, look it up. The mercs we hired were on your roster because YOU paid them. We did not attempt to steal them, but rather decided to seek out a few extremely talented MERCENARIES to fight for us. They already had an incentive to fight for you, with that incentive being money, so we offered more. THAT is called bidding.  You can look that up too; you'll find it, I promise. We did nothing wrong. I'm sorry if you didn't like it, but we were as much within our rights to pay players as you were, no matter the terms of the reward.  We won the siege because our men fought well and our command was superior. You Gobblins knew you were attacking a castle; blaming your failure to capture Almerra on the presence of WALLS is a little pathetic really. I do not know what you expected, but you will not just waltz into our home, one of the most well-built castles in NA and our choice of home for a reason, and take it from us while only spending 4,000 men...1,800 of which we now control due to your failure to plan an effective siege. Perhaps you are too used to walking into poorly-defended villages with thousands of men in endless plate to plan for a REAL siege, but if you wish to take Almerra from us, you're going to have to go big or go home. And based on today, you may just want to go home.

1. You don't have those 1,800 troops, you only win troops when you capture a fief. You don't know how Strategus works.

2. The last time you did something in our shoes (attacking a castle), you killed even less troops than we did on that last attack. Our "oh my god how was that so horrible" is your regular.

3. None of those mercenaries were on our roster tonight because we paid them, they were on our roster because we were their first choice. We didn't offer any money to anyone to play to us tonight lol, you did.

4. My siege was bad because Sandy and Tretter were jackasses and did the wrong things with the catapults after having it spelled out to them multiple times.

5. You're bad.

6. All of your clan is bad. Except for Jona who is good at the game. The rest are bad.

7. I routinely suck cock for money, do you think sucking your cock for one battle is going to bother me?
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 05:32:04 am by GOBBLIN KING GREAT LEADER »

Offline Phantasmal

• Duke
  • Renown: 510
  • Infamy: 46
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Phantasmal_Astralis, The_Ebon_Hawk
  • IRC nick: Phantasmal
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2013, 05:30:11 am »
+1

Three points:
1: We, to the best of my knowledge, have never paid individually to have people merc for us. Their incentive for signing up was that they enjoy being on our side or are friends with us. I didn't offer Desire anything to sign up for us, all I did was ask. You are the ones who offered her gold to begin with.
2: Considering we're going 1:1 during the timer, I am pretty happy with how these sieges are going. Most of them end up being 2:1 KDs in the defenders favor during the timer if properly executed anyways.
3: You don't get those troops anyways. So...

But don't worry, you can always turtle up in your castle to hide from the big bad GOBBLINs anyways.
Worst admin ever, horrible person, rude in chat, griefs in game, threatens with kicks and bans if you don't praise him in his admin thread, doesn't worship the goat, and worst of all, uses a crossbow, I suggest instant removal of admin rights and crucifixion.

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2013, 05:33:29 am »
Two points:
1: We, to the best of my knowledge, have never paid individually to have people merc for us. Their incentive for signing up was that they enjoy being on our side or are friends with us. I didn't offer Desire anything to sign up for us, all I did was ask. You are the ones who offered her gold to begin with.
2: Considering we're going 1:1 during the timer, I am pretty happy with how these sieges are going. Most of them end up being 2:1 KDs in the defenders favor during the timer if properly executed anyways.

But don't worry, you can always turtle up in your castle to hide from the big bad GOBBLINs anyways.

Big bad gobblin so pro for attacking all of NA's small 1 fief factions. Man up and fight an all out war with someone your own size. If you actually cared about spreading the xp that is what you would do.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2013, 05:35:16 am »
It's easy to tell people how to play when the only amount of armies you've ever coordinated was 3, Jonnerd.

Offline Legs

• Marshall
  • Renown: 819
  • Infamy: 88
  • cRPG Player
  • Loco Motive
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Arms, Legs
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2013, 05:36:38 am »
+8
Big bad gobblin so pro for attacking all of NA's small 1 fief factions. Man up and fight an all out war with someone your own size. If you actually cared about spreading the xp that is what you would do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pu0BVGVSd4Y

Tonight... you.
Legs are used for standing, walking, jumping, running, kicking, and similar activities.

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2013, 05:40:21 am »
So everyone knows, Legs is a loose cannon and I had nothing to do with him initiating this battle. My plan was to wait and attack sometime later. However I find his decision to attack fucking hilarious.

EDIT: That song is a combination of offensive, shockingly unfunny, and hilarious.

Offline Phantasmal

• Duke
  • Renown: 510
  • Infamy: 46
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Phantasmal_Astralis, The_Ebon_Hawk
  • IRC nick: Phantasmal
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2013, 05:43:23 am »
+4

Strat the HoC way:
-Declare war on GOBs by continually attacking their castle.
-Get pushed back to only one fief.
-Cry about being picked on by the now "too big faction" you decided to fight in the first place.

10/10 profound reasoning.
Worst admin ever, horrible person, rude in chat, griefs in game, threatens with kicks and bans if you don't praise him in his admin thread, doesn't worship the goat, and worst of all, uses a crossbow, I suggest instant removal of admin rights and crucifixion.

Offline The Last Ironside REDGAR

• Knight
  • Renown: 47
  • Infamy: 22
  • cRPG Player
  • For the glory of the House.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: REDGAR_The_Bloodthirsty, The_Last_Ironside_REDGAR
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2013, 05:43:32 am »
+3
Dude it's pretty mutch whatever at this point. HoC does not cry about our losses. Nor did we ridicule you. You LITERALLY blamed your loss on our walls. You bragged that without walls you won; seemed like no one really had fun on either side because of an atrocious map. That's not your fault, and it's not mine, it just was. According to my information Firebus was expecting pay from you. Yeah, we paid Desire, she friggin deserves it. We won't tell a merc who to fight for, and we usually don't pay for mercs, but we did, and we won because of much more than those mercs, and you screwed up Daruvian, and you lost. Get over it.
Deliver prosperity to your people, honor to your House, glorious victory to your men, and sorrow to your enemies.

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2013, 05:45:52 am »
+2
I am over it lol, my faction is already attacking tomorrow night lel.

There's a common misconception or inability to communicate well with people in video games where they think when someone says "wow thats really gay" what they're really saying is "OH MY FUCKING GOD I AM SO GOD DAMN FUCKING FURIOUS HOLY SHIT SJKDFANSUIDHIUA".

So in short...

wow thats really gay

Offline Lord_Derpington

• Knight
  • Renown: 41
  • Infamy: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2013, 05:52:18 am »
+2
HoC just give up you castle hugging nerds.
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 06:02:08 am by Lord_Derpington »

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2013, 06:05:18 am »
+5
Are we done shitposting at each other already? That was quick. I like this new blitzkrieg style shitposting as compared to the 10-page long drawn out Kesh rants that used to dominate drama.

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2013, 06:09:36 am »
Size of the faction does not translate into how bad you do in those battles.

It has everything to do with it. Small faction = small income. Small income = low budget armies. Low budget armies = shit compared to full plate.

And that is how strat works.

Strat the HoC way:
-Declare war on GOBs by continually attacking their castle.
-Get pushed back to only one fief.
-Cry about being picked on by the now "too big faction" you decided to fight in the first place.

10/10 profound reasoning.

1/10 no reasoning done.

Let's see... we attacked CHAOS first, then the gobs only because CHAOS gave away the fief we were attacking. We never declared war on either of them. We simply stated "we want those fiefs, owner of them be warned, long live XP battles, etc etc." Pushed back, you say? It is quite common to lose a recently acquired fief when it is in the middle of a 3-way warzone. Regardless, we have not once lost a fief to the gobblins, so yeah, you can't talk smack. And... cry? Lol... okay. We welcome the sieges and are glad we finally got to defend the motherland. Just wish it were against a more respectable enemy.

EDIT: Now done shitposting.

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Kirbyy

• Count
  • Renown: 286
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player
  • Hi guys
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Malta 4 lyfe.
  • Game nicks: Kirby, ynyng
« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2013, 06:16:39 am »
+1
Wait wait wait, so what you're saying is, you attempted to take a fief from someone else forcefully, and expected them not to take action against you?  Well it seems like the tables have turned.. time for you to take action and attack them back, or just stop bitching about how they're so much stronger than you and that it's unfair.