Author Topic: Global warming, more like global hoax.  (Read 7761 times)

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Global warming, more like global hoax.
« Reply #121 on: January 26, 2016, 01:09:45 pm »
In the CERN CLOUD experiments, Almeida et al. (2013) found

"ionising radiation such as the cosmic radiation that bombards the atmosphere from space has negligible influence on the formation rates of these particular aerosols [that form clouds]"

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #122 on: January 26, 2016, 01:32:25 pm »
In the CERN CLOUD experiments, Almeida et al. (2013) found

"ionising radiation such as the cosmic radiation that bombards the atmosphere from space has negligible influence on the formation rates of these particular aerosols [that form clouds]"

The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) considers that the increased amount of aerosol in the atmosphere from human activities constitutes the largest present uncertainty in climate radiative forcing2 and projected climate change this century29. The results reported here show that the uncertainty is even greater than previously thought, because extremely low amine emissions—which have substantial anthropogenic sources and have not hitherto been considered by the IPCC—have a large influence on the nucleation of sulphuric acid particles. Moreover, amine scrubbing is likely to become the dominant technology for CO2 capture from fossil-fuelled power plants, so anthropogenic amine emissions are expected to increase in the future30. If amine emissions were to spread into pristine regions of the boundary layer where they could switch on nucleation, substantial increases in regional and global cloud condensation nuclei could occur. This underscores the importance of monitoring amine emissions—as well as those of sulphur dioxide—when assessing the impact of anthropogenic activities on the radiative forcing of regional and global climate by aerosols.
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 26, 2016, 01:38:34 pm »
And your point is?

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #124 on: January 26, 2016, 01:52:48 pm »
+1
whats your point molly?

also xant:  necro more.  and then with an article older then original thread. le fuck.
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 26, 2016, 01:53:18 pm »
Oh no, I have "necroed"!!!!!!!! Whatever shall I do?
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Torben

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 26, 2016, 02:00:13 pm »

not necro ^^
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 26, 2016, 02:00:54 pm »
+1
also xant:  necro more.  and then with an article older then original thread. le fuck.

To be frank, there is nothing wrong with the article, it is a scientific piece that proves something and that is that galactic cosmic rays do affect creation of aerosols, but the change is not significant enough to contribute to cloud formation and global warming. At most, they effect slight changes on short interannual timescales, as the abstract of another piece from 2015 says:

Here we use newly available methods to examine the dynamical association between cosmic rays (CR) and global temperature (GT) in the 20th-century observational record. We find no measurable evidence of a causal effect linking CR to the overall 20th-century warming trend; however, on short interannual timescales, we find a significant, although modest, causal effect of CR on short-term, year-to-year variability in GT. Thus, although CR clearly do not contribute measurably to the 20th-century global warming trend, they do appear as a nontraditional forcing in the climate system on short interannual timescales, providing another interesting piece of the puzzle in our understanding of factors influencing climate variability.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 02:10:57 pm by Vibe »

Offline Torben

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 26, 2016, 02:14:11 pm »
vibe, I am referring to this piece of shit conglomerate of words: http://business.financialpost.com/fp-comment/lawrence-solomon-science-now-settled

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 26, 2016, 02:34:46 pm »
+2
that article was just max cringe

Offline Piok

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 97
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 26, 2016, 03:14:13 pm »
Maybe it is hoax(very profitable) but overpopulation is not a hoax :cry:

Just look at waves of potential rocket scientist from Africa and Middle east :twisted:

Offline Torben

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 26, 2016, 03:25:51 pm »
verpopulation is not a hoax :cry:

I attended a lecture that also broached the subject of population management and learned that todays food production can nourish a world wide population of 12 billion,  ignoring logistics ofc.  considering the increase in population growth speed and changing migration patterns, "overpopulation" may well be considered as a great challenge in the coming century, I agree.

Offline ecorcheur_brokar

• Earl
  • Renown: 482
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player
  • The guy who kill with one blow
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Brokar/SuisseMonCervela/CheeseInMyPants
« Reply #132 on: January 27, 2016, 04:28:07 pm »
+1
There is no "good science" any more since Science is a business as everything else.
It probably used to be different a few decades or a century back but nowadays statistics are abused to show what you wanna show which isn't necessarily an image of the objective reality.
The thing is one scientist or one scientist lab in itself means nothing, all he creates must be taken cautiously. The thing that makes science reliable is the debate inside of the scientific community. Is the result replicable? Can another team disprof what has been said? Is everything stated agreed by everyone inside the community (or by most of it)?
The problem is that general media don't wait for the scientific debate to take place. As soon as some results are published, they will go "science say that". But that is not the truth, it should more be like "this lab is saying that. We will see in some years if the scientific community agrees on this".

...that said, I and a lots of people in the scientific community agree that there's a drop in the quality of scientific production. Lots of publishing just to have citations and credits but not enough time spend on each research.

....and we know for sure that methane is more than one order of magnitude more powerful than CO2. The only reasonable thing to do on a human scale to stop global warming and be more healthy is to stop or severely reduce meat consumption.
Do people really think that scientists working for educational institutions have more of a financial agenda than corporations making trillions from their ravaging of the planet? 
Couldn't say those better.

Are people that fucking retarded to think that only a little over 200 years of heavy industry is having a massive impact in a system as big as our planet?
You know about https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ozone_depletion right?

Maybe some people tend to be too dramatic about it, but climate change is real. Even if climate change have occurred before humans were there, the effects were dramatic, Glacial age were not fun time for living creatures. To what degree human are affecting it is still in debate but there's quite a lot of proof that we do have an effect and reducing it can only make things better.

If there is one thing that pisses me off it's the preserve the rainforest bullshit, Eurasians wiped out the vast majority of their forests and built shit there, then go off crying how the people in Brazil shouldn't be allowed to do the same, if you want forests, go get rid of some of your cities or farms and plant shit there.
What if we just wanted to avoid that they do the same mistake? Plus the situation is quite different as they have way more wildlife diversity as we never had and that they have a tropical soil which after some years without tropical forest becomes infertile. So in one generation the destruction of the forest will have been useless.

Scientists also have their own agendas. If they come up with something 'relevant' that will spark a lot of attention and is to do with the current issue then they will likely get more funding, advance their own career ect.

So just because scientists agree, doesn't mean they aren't bullshitting or stretching the truth to some extent to suit their own needs in life.
Destroying other scientist theories also bring lot of fame and reward for scientists too, if some scientists could have debunked the global warning they would already have done it. And I don't think governement are spending so much money to make everything greener if some scientist could provide them proof global warming is a hoax.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 04:36:29 pm by ecorcheur_brokar »
"With great bardiche comes great responsability"
"The wolf doesn't care how many sheeps may be"

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 136
  • Infamy: 2998
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 27, 2016, 04:51:52 pm »
I attended a lecture that also broached the subject of population management and learned that todays food production can nourish a world wide population of 12 billion,  ignoring logistics ofc.  considering the increase in population growth speed and changing migration patterns, "overpopulation" may well be considered as a great challenge in the coming century, I agree.

Define food? What they sell to mass market is edible but I wouldn't call that proper food. Cancer rates are going up and it's not just because our life span is becoming longer. We are bombarded by various harmful agents from all sides, most of them are in mass produced food.

Also current food industry is taking its toll on ecology. We need to gradually shrink it, which means less food.

But considering that most of you believe that global warming is a hoax, I'm not even sure why are we having this discussion.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 181
  • Infamy: 1585
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 27, 2016, 04:54:06 pm »

Kill yourself. With a blunt and rusty knife.