Author Topic: The Meerkat place  (Read 1054 times)

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
The Meerkat place
« on: November 07, 2013, 11:06:21 am »
+4
I doubt I'm the only one that's noticed but after having a long absence from the market place... well, it's decidedly very poor indeed.

Prior to September 2012 it was easy to pick up whatever you wanted. A couple of days of trading and you would have what ever item it is that you desired, and probably a fist load of gold to fund your dickishness (if like me you covered yourself head to toe in plate and road around a Catafucker yelling inconceivably stupid things down microphones)

About 6 months ago I noticed a rather large drop in what was readily available from the 6 months before that.

Today I went on the market for more or less the first time in 6 months.

Two sets of Gothic Plate with Bevor (with completely mental offers attached: I'm looking at you palatro!)

Horse section is limited to;

Arabian Warhorse (3)
Charger (1)
Courser (pretty much makes up 90% of the offers)
Destrier (1)
Eastern Warhorse (1)
Rouncey (9)
Steppe Horse (3)
War Horse (3)

----

Has it died because of a shrinking, dying, smelly, useless, unengaged player base?

Or is it simply a result of the Armoury?

I would complain that I can't make piles and piles of money like I used to in the good old days but I don't really care and it's an aside from the question and or point. I can't remember the last time I actually logged into a server anyway. I also sold most of my stuff to add more numbers to the FPF war machine in strat... I'm going all tangential... oh dear.

It's more out of curiosity that I ask the question.

Is this the end of days?
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline Sparvico

• Marshall
  • Renown: 976
  • Infamy: 174
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Steam ID: Sparvico
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mossbacks
  • Game nicks: Sparvico et al.
Re: The Meerkat place
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2013, 11:11:12 am »
+5
I direct you to my signature my good Australian friend.
Mossback_Westwood: "I swear 2 my semitic God if you give me this bundle of sticks's address I'll cut off his ear and eat it"

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline RobertOfDrugsley

• Count
  • Renown: 210
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ANGST
  • Game nicks: ANGST_Robert_of_Drugsley, ANGST_Waldorph_the_Salad, ANGST_Monkey_Fling_Poo
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2013, 11:22:23 am »
+1
a shrinking, dying, smelly, useless, unengaged player base?

We're not shrinking! Actually I assume most of us are getting more and more bloated by the minute.

Other than that, I believe your analysis is correct.
I find the idea of defending someone who isn't been violently raped unacceptable on moral grounds.

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2013, 11:30:35 am »
+3
should be able to put items on the market and armoury :P should solve it
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline woody

• Earl
  • Renown: 407
  • Infamy: 138
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Woody, Weebo, Wreky
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2013, 12:54:14 pm »
I find trading really easy to get what I want, but I only look to do fair trades.

eg I put a +3 item up and request a +3 item. I dont put up a+2 item and request a +3 item and 500k. Normally get what I want in a day or two. The only thing I added money to was a danish bcause its probably the commonest loom and hence the least valuable.

90% of the trades I see are bullshit offers no-one with a brain would accept. People have cottoned on so I dont think making fistfuls of cash is easy anymore, but ripping off noobs was not what I thought the markeplace was intended for?

Basically I use it mainly to swap between 1h and pole items for my alt and to try different weapons and I find it works well.

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2013, 12:57:21 pm »
My old system was simple.

I'd offer an item for say 25 different items and ask for 10-25k. Basically just acting as a middle man. I didn't care about the items so after while everyone had what they wanted and it would die for a week or so and pick back up. It doesn't seem to work any more at all.
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline Erzengel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 769
  • Infamy: 214
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Norse_Erzengel
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2013, 01:13:42 pm »
+3
As one of the worst trading whores I have to say: marketplace is dead.  :cry:

Offline woody

• Earl
  • Renown: 407
  • Infamy: 138
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Woody, Weebo, Wreky
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2013, 03:24:15 pm »
+1
Not trying to offend and what frank was doing, making 10-25k a trade seems very reasonable. Just acting as swap place really, surprised thats not working anymore.

I was really having a pop at those who made silly amounts from bad trades that I think may have put some people off.

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2013, 03:33:56 pm »
+7

What's the point of trade offers like this, that's the question :lol:
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Vermilion

• Count
  • Renown: 208
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vermilion
  • IRC nick: Vermilion
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2013, 05:06:08 pm »
The market place is just full of people pricks trying to profit from every deal.

So many people put their +3 item up for trade for any other +3 plus gold.

If you're that desperate to trade your +3 item that you will accept any other +3 in the same class, why are you asking for gold on top?

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Offline Riddaren

• Duke
  • Renown: 601
  • Infamy: 298
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Riddaren, Matthaus
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2013, 10:28:29 pm »
should be able to put items on the market and armoury :P should solve it

That's a very good suggestion. It would definately increase the number of marketplace offers.

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2013, 04:33:07 am »
+2
The market place is just full of people pricks trying to profit from every deal.

So many people put their +3 item up for trade for any other +3 plus gold.

If you're that desperate to trade your +3 item that you will accept any other +3 in the same class, why are you asking for gold on top?

Yes I know most people are only putting those offers up to make money and they will just put what ever they traded for straight back up on the market to trade again making yet more money.

Putting your +3 for a +3 and gold is the opposite of desperate. If you really wanted to trade it you'd include gold on your side of the offer, wouldn't you?

I offer my +3 for +3 of the same class + gold because I am not dedicated to having a perfect build that uses one specific item to devastating effect. I'll swing pretty much any old 1H and have fun with it. I just put out 25 offers once a week and if someone is craving that long espada eslavona or spathovaklion or whatever I currently have it makes me happy that they are getting the item they want.

I can't say this part is true for everyone, but I don't hoard the money that I pocket from these offers. Part of it funds my vanity title (50k gold per month, I could live without it but it's fun to have). The rest lets me put gold on my side of the trade if I see a rare item that I have wanted to mess around with for forever, like a steel buckler or a heavy crossbow.

I can understand hate towards people who post nothing but rocks for 50k gold or +1 item for your +3 item. That's clogging up peoples' searches and... I don't know. Hoping to prey on people who misread the trade? There's no reason to get mad at people who are making realistic trade offers that favor their side to a small degree. "Hey I have this +3, if you want it for your +3 just toss a little gold my way" is how marketplace trades are supposed to be, isn't it?

Seems like this topic comes up every few months with the same complaints.

All yall's emotions are quite vexing to me.

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline Vermilion

• Count
  • Renown: 208
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vermilion
  • IRC nick: Vermilion
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2013, 05:44:02 am »
"Hey I have this +3, if you want it for your +3 just toss a little gold my way" is how marketplace trades are supposed to be, isn't it?

Yes but it's the wrong way on the market place.

If you have a +3 item you want to swap for a different +3 item (eg  you have a steel pick and you want a spathovaklion) then put up an offer on the market place plus a little gold on your side as an incentive for someone to accept the swap.

Putting a random +3 item up for any +3 plus gold just adds hundreds of offers to the market place which clogs it up.

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2013, 07:01:16 am »
Putting a random +3 item up for any +3 plus gold just adds hundreds of offers to the market place which clogs it up.

Guess it's just a matter of perspective. I would rather post offers once a week than check multiple times every day to find someone who wants my item. Searching by name of the item you want and checking all trades that you can fulfill, you shouldn't have any problems with the marketplace being clogged. The playerbase of CRPG, and therefor the pool of heirloomed items, is small enough that it should never be a chore to sift the marketplace for a reasonable offer. The only time I've had trouble was trading really common items like mail gauntlets, danish greatsword, crossbow, etc.

Just to let you know, I'm not trying to disprove your point. Really dumb and unfair trades are a waste of time for the people that post them and the people that have to read them. And I quoted you because yours was the most recent post, not to single you out.  :P

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline Tom Cruise

• Duke
  • Renown: 685
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
  • All I do is shitpost anymore in this game.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tom_Cruise_Dota_Fanatic
  • IRC nick: Tom_Cruise
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2013, 07:26:01 am »
+1
Fosters and Russel Coight