Author Topic: Metalocalypse: The Doomstar Requiem A Klok Opera  (Read 1477 times)

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
Re: Metalocalypse: The Doomstar Requim A Klok Opera
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2013, 07:24:58 pm »
+3
I really liked the song in the first dungeon scene. The new kid trying out with the dueling guitars was also pretty badass. Deathklok and Metalocalypse is definitely a brilliant concept. I've always loved that classic metal sound. Haven't seen any episodes in awhile. Thanks for posting  :wink: I'm hoping they go on tour again in my area as I will definitely take the time out to go see them.

so fucking awesome, why not make metal musical? why someone else didnt make that?

???

Try listening to some Judas Priest/Iron Maiden/QueensRyche and many other metal bands. Rob Halford, Bruce Dickinson, and Geoff Tate are all operatic style singers.

For specific examples, listen to these albums, Judas Priest: Screaming for Vengeance, Iron Maiden: Piece of Mind, and QueensRyche: Operation Mindcrime. If you only want to listen to a single song by each, go with Priest: Riding on the Wind, Iron Maiden: Where Eagles Dare, QueensRyche: Eyes of a Stranger.

Bonus:

Thanks for your comment by the way, I just spent the last hour listening to some of the best music ever written  :P

By the way, if you mean why wasn't an actual Broadway musical written, its true but those things are written for a much broader audience. Rock of Ages was the closest we got and I'm afraid it really was more rock than metal. It would take a visionary leader with some experience bringing a show like that to fruition, plus someone with the cash to put it together willing to risk a loss if finicky metal fans decided that "it sucks". It would be hard to write original material for it without testing the waters first.
Operation Mindcrime (see the QueensRyche above) was given a thumbs up by the band to be turned into a Broadway musical back in 2009, but I can't find any progress on it at all and the guy who wanted to bring it to stage was just an actor/singer, not a bigwig. Pink Floyd also has been interested in bringing The Wall to stage as well, but again, no real progress on making that happen.

"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2013, 07:27:51 pm »
+2
^

This. this style isn't widespread because it's very hard to make, and people may not see good results even if they put TONS of effort into it.

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
  • Renown: 1856
  • Infamy: 338
  • Sky belongs to Asagods as long as the raven flies.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Son_Of_Odin
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2013, 07:32:11 pm »
+2
Behind the scenes

There is no sight in my third eye

Offline Havoco

• Duke
  • Renown: 538
  • Infamy: 102
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Hospookfans
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Havoc
  • IRC nick: Havoco
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2013, 09:06:05 pm »

Mark Hamill as Mr. Salacia, Senator Stampingston

No shit? I didn't know he still did any acting.
Pock gobblers

Offline Gmnotutoo

• King
  • Renown: 1387
  • Infamy: 229
  • Space Pope of BIRD CLAN
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Unicorns
  • Game nicks: Gmnotutoo
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2013, 10:04:28 pm »
No shit? I didn't know he still did any acting.

He does a lot of voice acting for animated shows and movies. I think he does the Joker in one of the more recent batman cartoons.

THIS IS A MANLY CLAN. FOR MANLY MEN. DOING MANLY THINGS.

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2013, 10:10:26 pm »
+1
He does a lot of voice acting for animated shows and movies. I think he does the Joker in one of the more recent batman cartoons.

Also http://screenrant.com/carrie-fisher-mark-hamill-getting-fit-star-wars-episode-7/
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln