Author Topic: Can someone explain duels to me  (Read 7764 times)

Offline _GTX_

• I <3 Shemaforash
  • Duke
  • Renown: 535
  • Infamy: 960
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • O===((:::::::::::::::>
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmarunionen
  • Game nicks: GTX
  • IRC nick: GTX
Re: Can someone explain duels to me
« Reply #45 on: November 02, 2013, 01:56:00 pm »
And we're simply pointing out that caring about your KDR is extremely irrational when it isn't a realistic representation of your real skill when it's skewed by you exploiting the system.

Did he exploit the system? That would explain the sudden rise in points.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Fips

• King
  • Renown: 1217
  • Infamy: 290
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Fips_HRE
« Reply #46 on: November 02, 2013, 02:13:08 pm »
+1
Oh Varadin, why don't you just keep your fingers still once in a while. The contradictory crap you post on a regular basis here on the forums doesn't just make you look bad, you know...
We took you back in HRE because of good will, so please do us a favour and keep you head down in this kinda thread here.  :|

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 02, 2013, 02:17:12 pm »
+17
I always up block when looking for duels because I am a semi-oldmy old friend and that was common courtesy and now people whine at me for doing it because it apparently triggers ranked duels.

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #48 on: November 02, 2013, 02:20:35 pm »
+1
O.o i always upblock its just polite :P
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #49 on: November 02, 2013, 02:20:39 pm »
If the system is so abusable, why aren't there severe point penalties to people who disconnect mid duel?
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

Offline Varadin

• fite me irl
  • Duke
  • Renown: 577
  • Infamy: 353
  • Serbian
    • View Profile
    • http://steamcommunity.com/id/19930206800039/
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Varadin
  • IRC nick: Varadin
« Reply #50 on: November 02, 2013, 02:27:24 pm »
+1
Oh Varadin, why don't you just keep your fingers still once in a while. The contradictory crap you post on a regular basis here on the forums doesn't just make you look bad, you know...
We took you back in HRE because of good will, so please do us a favour and keep you head down in this kinda thread here.  :|

What is this bullshit talk here? What does this thread or any of my posts have to do with HRE clan , and your "good" will ? did i mention you or any other guys from clan , did i eve mention Hre ? :O

No, so let me talk what i want, its my roleplay here in community to do a trashtalk and get -1 and make ppl rage and qq and cry  all other things

Offline SugarHoe

• Earl
  • Renown: 413
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Frisia
« Reply #51 on: November 02, 2013, 02:30:54 pm »
+2
Duel points really don't mean shit. It doesn't define you as good if you're on the leader boards. I can see some people that farmed points with their clan buddies  just to get on there. Losing points is pretty fucking frustrating when some 36-3 bundle of sticks 2 shots you but plumbo stahp forcing rank duels like a bundle of sticks being on their doesnt mean you're fucking good

Offline SugarHoe

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 02, 2013, 02:31:51 pm »
+2
What is this bullshit talk here? What does this thread or any of my posts have to do with HRE clan , and your "good" will ? did i mention you or any other guys from clan , did i eve mention Hre ? :O

No, so let me talk what i want, its my roleplay here in community to do a trashtalk and get -1 and make ppl rage and qq and cry  all other things
this made me +1 you <3

Offline Varadin

• fite me irl
  • Duke
  • Renown: 577
  • Infamy: 353
  • Serbian
    • View Profile
    • http://steamcommunity.com/id/19930206800039/
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Varadin
  • IRC nick: Varadin
« Reply #53 on: November 02, 2013, 02:33:39 pm »
+1
Duel points really don't mean shit. It doesn't define you as good if you're on the leader boards. I can see some people that farmed points with their clan buddies  just to get on there. Losing points is pretty fucking frustrating when some 36-3 bundle of sticks 2 shots you but plumbo stahp forcing rank duels like a bundle of sticks being on their doesnt mean you're fucking good

OFc it doesn't , even im number 1 doesnt mean im best i know im not, but still i can make an alt with 1500 and kill those high ranked duleists, so generally looking none of things in this game makes you good or best, Or you have a good day or you don;t simple as that.

Offline SugarHoe

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 02, 2013, 02:37:07 pm »
+1
OFc it doesn't , even im number 1 doesnt mean im best i know im not, but still i can make an alt with 1500 and kill those high ranked duleists, so generally looking none of things in this game makes you good or best, Or you have a good day or you don;t simple as that.
wasnt talking bout you, ment plumbo because he is complete shit and the only reason why he gets kills is 36-3, game isn't fair but it doesn't mean he isn't shit

Offline Fips

• King
  • Renown: 1217
  • Infamy: 290
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Fips_HRE
« Reply #55 on: November 02, 2013, 02:49:48 pm »

No you did not mention HRE and you don't have to, because everyone knows that you are back in it. Maybe you don't care about what other people think about you, but your clan does in a way (Because we have to) and maybe you should care a little about that. We've set the rules that we have for a very good reason and making people rage and cry and all other things is against them.
I wouldn't care if that happens every now and then, but basically all of the posts i lately read from you are exactly what you just said.

Offline _GTX_

• I <3 Shemaforash
  • Duke
  • Renown: 535
  • Infamy: 960
  • O===((:::::::::::::::>
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmarunionen
  • Game nicks: GTX
  • IRC nick: GTX
« Reply #56 on: November 02, 2013, 03:01:17 pm »
+3

Every member in a clan represents it. So when you affect your reputation this way, it also affects the reputation of the clan.

Offline Hoppster

• Count
  • Renown: 210
  • Infamy: 67
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Billy_Bad_Ass
« Reply #57 on: November 02, 2013, 04:00:27 pm »
+2
I always up block when looking for duels because I am a semi-oldmy old friend and that was common courtesy and now people whine at me for doing it because it apparently triggers ranked duels.

When i first started playing i was taught that it was rude not too

see, your such a dick even your clan mates are ashamed to be associated with you...

Offline enigmatic_stranger

• King
  • Renown: 1118
  • Infamy: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 02, 2013, 04:02:25 pm »
+4
That wasn't just common courtesy, that was nessery back when duel mode hadn't been yet implemented. There were just deathmatch servers with "duel" in their name (for example 22nd_Duel_Server). Not showing upper block before duel or simply killing everybody in sight was against the server rules. Duelists called "randomers" such players, admins' job was to kick or ban them. That's why time spent on a duel server was so fun... It was a place where elite of Warband could meet each other, talk about recent news, try new things, learn cool moves and kick Logen's butt mid-duel.

useless old fart mode off.

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #59 on: November 02, 2013, 05:15:40 pm »
+3
But i don't care what you or rest of ppl think here :)

Evil_Cirila just loves -1 me, stop being pathetic and if you want something to say say it to me, if you want a fair duel just ask me we can do it anytime, and i will just humiliate you :)

So you care in the end, don't you?  :P

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!