Author Topic: 4 easy fixes to make cRPG better.  (Read 2589 times)

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
Re: 4 easy fixes to make cRPG better.
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2013, 02:41:38 pm »
+3
The only non-bleh point is the leadership chat but automatically giving it to the most successful guy doesn't mean he wants to lead. Instead of this it would be vote based, elected once per map or until the old commander leaves. I'd also like to have that the commander spot receives access to  bird eye view like in strategus beta (spawn) with class indicators over the own troops but that would take work.

Offline Phew

• Marshall
  • Renown: 775
  • Infamy: 132
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Phew_XVI
« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2013, 03:09:27 pm »
+2
Give the person with the highest Win:Loss ratio on each team a special Leadership coloured team-chat. (Like, purple or bright green)

Oh god no. On NA2, the last thing we need is for demento's capslock ragefests at his team to be more prominent.

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2013, 03:20:19 pm »
@Paul: If you read my post, it's clear that players must tick a box if they want to be commanders. As well, in the field, the commander can give command to the next on the list.

Yes, I know there are potential for lots of features, but this post is all about relatively easy fixes, within current dev-effort levels. :)

Your idea would make it less likely to be implemented because it sounds like work. My idea sounds like a cool little feature, easily and quickly made, and worth a shot! (If it works, you can repeat it for melee)

If it is a success, it can of course be expanded upon. And yes, downvoting a bad commander should probably be an option, but I think that after a while, most commanders that deserve the spot will be rather competent.

This is step by step how it could be implemented:

1. Track Win:Loss ratio. (Some code that adds 1,0,-1 to a W:L ratio database field to each player at the end of each round)
2. Harald makes a tick box on the website for players who wants to try for commander.
3. At map start: Check who has the best W:L ratio, award special text to one commander on each team.
4. At 15 seconds: Display server side chat message to all players (or full screen message)   "Paul is now commanding Blue team, Bjord is now commanding Red team"
5. Add button to each commander to give away command to next on list. If done, display new server message accordingly.

To my eyes, it looks like a few hours work to implement, but what do I know. Worth a shot imo. 

(click to show/hide)

@Phew: Sorry forgot, this is obviously for battle. In siege it wouldn't work because of the aggressive autobalancer, as well as tactics are OP there.. :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2013, 04:39:42 pm »
Thomek try using teamwork for once, you'll see how much better the game is, and how much easier it is to not get picked off by Horse ranged, xbows, or archers when you're a lone straggler.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Torost

• Count
  • Renown: 292
  • Infamy: 109
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2013, 04:57:36 pm »
+1
Crossbows are unholy abominations. Burn them all in a big pyre.

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2013, 09:46:43 pm »
+1
Leadership chat is retarded, nothing is more annoying than retards playing internet general acting as if he's entitled to have everyone follow his commands, people won't follow someone just because of his chat color, also, some byzstacktium is always gonna have the magic leadership chat due to bannerstacking. Teamwork already happens when a large amount of people feel like doing teamwork, teamwork doesn't require teamspeak, magic chat colors or anything, we got voicecommands, bat flags, and team chat, that's all we need.

After the latest HX nerf Horsecrossbowmen are fine, their superior (to HA) damage, accuracy, and riding skill is offset by their reloads being extremely slow. I hate(_more) horsecrossbowmen as much much as the next guy, but they're fine as they are. Fun fact: The amount of bolts they can carry and their reload time leaves them with it taking about the same amount of time for them to empty an ammo stack as it does an archer.

The only issue with ranged points is that ranged don't get proximity points for their own hits, as a horsethrower I get nearly twice the points if I headshot a cav from facehug range as I would if I headshot him from far off, also, ranged isn't OP, it is annoying, but certainly not OP.

I wouldn't mind crossbow weight being increased, kiting crossbowers are gay as fuck.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Grumpy_Nic

• King
  • Renown: 1023
  • Infamy: 306
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Hermann_von_Krems
« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2013, 09:59:41 pm »
bullshit

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #37 on: October 17, 2013, 10:07:52 pm »
+5
Fix valor to be separate for each team, too. No screwing over one team's valor because the other team was unbalanced with a few more outstanding players.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #38 on: October 17, 2013, 10:24:54 pm »
Fix valor to be separate for each team, too. No screwing over one team's valor because the other team was unbalanced with a few more outstanding players.

This x100.  It shouldn't matter how much the average score of the other team was.  Especially if you're on the losing team it seems like it's going to be harder to get valor in the current system.  The valor system should only take your team's score into account. 

Thanks for bringing that up, one of those things I think about in game fairly regularly, but forget about on forums.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Phew

• Marshall
  • Renown: 775
  • Infamy: 132
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Phew_XVI
« Reply #39 on: October 17, 2013, 10:25:37 pm »
+1

Yeah, especially on siege, since attacking and defending are so different, they should have separate valor calcs.

Although, the multiplier/point/valor system is crappy to begin with, so I'd rather the devs just implement a reward system that is actually a function of difficulty (kill a high level/loomed player and get a big reward, kill a peasant and get nothing) and performance, rather than just praying you get on the bannerstack team and/or attack team on siege.

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #40 on: October 17, 2013, 10:37:31 pm »
+3
I looked into the commander chat stuff. Seems like new things involving strings being sent can't be done without moving old stuff around because TW hates us. Dunno if it is worth the risk and effort. Make a poll for commander chat. At >80% approval I might consider thinking about it more.

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • Renown: 1328
  • Infamy: 1109
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 18, 2013, 01:05:35 am »
+3
Paul, we appreciate you. :*
When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 18, 2013, 02:28:34 am »
At >80% approval I might consider thinking about it more.

80% of those who will vote no probably "dont think it would work" but I'm pretty sure 100% would like a try.
New policies are often frowned upon whatever their merits...

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • Renown: 995
  • Infamy: 483
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • QQ
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Rufio_pleaser_of_widows, LeLouche_LampeRouge, Quenya_Favourite_of_Rufio
« Reply #43 on: October 19, 2013, 01:04:14 pm »
+2

half ranged stagger

Offline Nightmare798

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 400
  • Infamy: 502
  • cRPG Player
  • Darksider on redemption
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 19, 2013, 03:04:50 pm »
(click to show/hide)

To be honest, i think that less points for ranged is perfectly justified. After all, they are able to inflict harm upon others, while being in no danger themselves.

note: Ranged vs ranged is a different story.
Tseng: Used to the bitter taste of refusal, this only serves to reinforce his greatest life lession yet.
Cloud: And that is?
Tseng: Bitches, man.