Author Topic: 4 easy fixes to make cRPG better.  (Read 2598 times)

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
Re: 4 easy fixes to make cRPG better.
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2013, 11:51:59 am »
+3
5. Rework of the the whole xp-system incl. the removal of valour (at least for the winning team)
This is so desperately needed. I don't really have a proper suggestion on how to rework it but the current multiplier system sucks ass...

And remove valour either completely or make it only achievable for the losing side. Being exceptional in a good team is way easier than being exceptional in a bad team. The winning team already gets the multiplier raised as bonus.
Giving valour only to those who do exceptional in the losing team would finally make valour meaning- and useful.
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2013, 11:55:29 am »
+1
5. Rework of the the whole xp-system incl. the removal of valour (at least for the winning team)
This is so desperately needed. I don't really have a proper suggestion on how to rework it but the current multiplier system sucks ass...

And remove valour either completely or make it only achievable for the losing side. Being exceptional in a good team is way easier than being exceptional in a bad team. The winning team already gets the multiplier raised as bonus.
Giving valour only to those who do exceptional in the losing team would finally make valour meaning- and useful.

Valour for the losing team would further encourage dickheads to camp and play hero at the end when their team starts losing in battle.

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2013, 12:05:46 pm »
W:L Ratio and leadership

ok I will explain a bit more,  the theoretical basis for Win:Loss ratio.  (Which is Round based, or map based, it's undecided atm)

a. One of the factors of the autobalancer is K:D ratio
b. Autobalance to some extent nullifies your Win:Loss ratio by shifting you to the weakest team.

The only way to "Beat the system" is by teamwork, most powerfully:doing things that are good for the team that doesn't result in personal kills for you.
(It could be kiting/splitting enemy team, bumping, staggering opponents at the right moment, moving cleverly in melee, etc.)

Or, you guessed it, leading the team to tactical victories.

Removing HX
Well Fin, I don't mind fighting them. It's just that in the greater equation of gameplay, in the sense of "Most fun for Most" I think they are detrimental. I know what you say fin, I'm  a thrower too :) and probably throwers are probably the best infantry "counters" to them. Hate is not the worst of them though, he is a kind of HX with a conscience :). He doesn't bump as much as he could have done, or avoid fights he should avoid.

Ranged Points
Take a look at K:D ratio's of good ranged, and you will see their points are way way off where they should be. I think giving them valour is fine, and soon enough they will get nerfed, because it will simply be too clear to all how powerful they are...  :twisted:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2013, 12:06:53 pm »
Ranged Points
Take a look at K:D ratio's of good ranged, and you will see their points are way way off where they should be. I think giving them valour is fine, and soon enough they will get nerfed, because it will simply be too clear to all how powerful they are...  :twisted:

get a shield xD
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2013, 12:08:25 pm »
@Benkei

We are just listing easy fixes here!

@Torben
Think ranged has just as good reason as being afraid of me as I have of them.. Just look at their K:D ratio's and pay attention.

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • Renown: 995
  • Infamy: 483
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • QQ
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Rufio_pleaser_of_widows, LeLouche_LampeRouge, Quenya_Favourite_of_Rufio
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2013, 12:25:04 pm »
half ranged stagger, oui?

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2013, 12:52:52 pm »
+7
No to all points. Thank you for your feedback.

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2013, 01:18:31 pm »
come on paul, you can do better.. write a proper reply pls.

Offline Fartface

• Earl
  • Renown: 476
  • Infamy: 288
  • cRPG Player
  • Centurii
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deathcore,Djentcore,Deathmetal,Brutal,Slam
  • Game nicks: Growling,Grunting,Screaming,Squeeling
  • IRC nick: Fuck I love it.
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2013, 01:21:53 pm »
come on paul, you can do better.. write a proper reply pls.
IRONY

Offline DaveUKR

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 242
  • cRPG Player
  • Small rain lays great dust
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2013, 01:39:38 pm »
+1
Thomek got owned by classes that counter him and made a ragepost, I can't see anything else here :D

Offline Segd

• Marshall
  • Renown: 845
  • Infamy: 88
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2013, 01:42:43 pm »
+2
No to all points. Thank you for your feedback.
Even this?   :(
5. Remove Katana

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2013, 02:00:07 pm »
Thomek got owned by classes that counter him and made a ragepost, I can't see anything else here :D

Pff, no! Ask Hate, I think we are about 50/50 when it comes to who kills who the most. Xbowers are fucked the moment I see them. :)  I carry tools to deal with both range and cav, that's just the way my build works..

But of course, I only have my point of view to write from.. Though, I think I'm not the only player to be sick of HX, no teamplay, xbow power and range points. I honestly think these changes would make crpg better overall. Trying to shift metagame away from the ranged bump-fest that exists currently.

The reason for this is of course that the better people can block, the less effective melee is, because it takes much longer to kill any given enemy.

Thus the deciding factor for 70% of individual deaths are either cav bumps or ranged. Those things are skill-nullifiers, removing a sense of control, something arguably important for gameplay.

To me, and many others the real deal with c-RPG is kicks. I get kicks and adrenaline when fighting in melee, like no other game out there can produce. The fixes I proposed would increase the chance of kicks, and reduce the lame rage.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2013, 02:11:02 pm »
1. People wont listen, its not like having a different colored text will change much.

2. No just nerf them.

3&4. Ranged is fine.

5. Get a shield  :twisted:
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2013, 02:15:48 pm »
1. I think they will listen. What if someone really talented in commanding comes along? What if achieves a great W:L ratio? People will listen, because they want to win rounds. We've even seen it before with Merc_Phaz for example. Without any real confirmation that his tactics worked, without any special text. (or phaze or whatever :)

2. No just remove them, they are the no1 timewasting class as well. Removing HX=More crpg playtime for all.

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2013, 02:31:49 pm »
the majority will enjoy a commander,  as teamwork is fun.  everytime tw happens spontaniously its great.

using w/l will however favor good players in a very good clan.  which is ok though,  as they might get the team to work with the clan presented in the team.  bla,  at work,  cant think of better words ^^
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!