Author Topic: Repairing system ?  (Read 733 times)

Offline LordBoltonThebastard

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Repairing system ?
« on: October 11, 2013, 03:34:10 am »
+3
Hi there . I started to play Crpg 3 days ago and i bought an expensive stuff ( plate armor , plate gauntlet , big sword and shield...i think my value stuff is something like 60k). After each round i have somethng like 2k repair :( , i don't really understand the repairing system. I saw we have 4% chance after  each round that our stuff get damaged , but all round...seriously. ty by advance for ur responds. ( and apologize for my poor english)

Offline no_rules_just_play

• King
  • Renown: 1401
  • Infamy: 384
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE; Peasants United; Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: CapraAegagrusHircus_HRE; no_rules_just_play_HRE
  • IRC nick: norulesjustplay
Re: Repairing system ?
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2013, 03:50:27 am »
+3
more wpf in a weapon reduces your chance to get repairs, the only other thing you can do is using lighter equipment.
Plate armor, a shield and a (twohanded) sword are a super expensive combination that i wouldn't suggest.

Btw what is your build? because I wouldn't suggest combining shieldskill and twohanded wpf.

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2013, 04:09:18 am »
+2
I'm lvl 27 20/12 max in 1h.  I use plate armor , long espada , weimar helmet , cased greaves , plain board shield and mail gauntlet. the armor cost me 70% of my repairs , do u think i have to change it for something cheaper ? i don't want to be dressed like a peasant :( . thx for ur help ^^

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2013, 04:36:31 am »
+4
look around you, do you really think everybody who doesn't wear plate is a peasant?
You will probably even do better with lighter armor because you won't be fucking slow.
I also suggest to atleast get 15 agility, 12 is really slow.

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2013, 04:48:26 am »
+1
i was joking for the peasant , some of them just own me ^^ . yep i heard that 21/15 is good so i'll to do that.
I'll try something lighter . A last question about the repairs , the system is based one by one for all items or it based on the entire stuff.
I mean if i have a 5k amor and 0 golds on other items , will i pay the same price on repair than if i had 5 items that cost 1k each ? ( without counting the character stats  i mean )

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2013, 04:56:22 am »
+4
ill just quote this, hope it helps

Maintenance

There's a chance every minute for items you're wearing to break up resulting in them getting reduced stats until they are repaired. By default items will automatically be repaired when you have enough money. On average player can hold gear worth of roughly 50,000 and break even (Source: http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,8400.0.html). This is a long term average though, and you should have a considerable reserve of money before trying to run around in gear of that price.

For weaponry wpf dictates the breaking chance while other items have a static chance which supposedly is somewhat higher for arrows and bolts. For melee weapons highest melee skill is chosen, so for example using a long spear with 1 polearm wpf while having 120 wpf in two handed uses the 120 wpf for breaking. For ranged this kind of mechanic isn't in effect, and bow breaking chance in determined by archery wpf etc.

Offline Erzengel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 769
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Norse_Erzengel
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2013, 05:44:43 pm »
+1
You really should get much lighter/cheaper gear.

Get something like this:

Head armor: something with ~2 weight
Body armor: something between ~5.5 and 11 weight, medium armor is usually the best for beginners
Hand armor: Mail Mittens
Leg armor: anything up to Mail Chausses, you won't need that much leg armor as shielder
Weapons: only use a single weapon, get one with either pierce/blunt or high cut damage, it doesn't need to be the most expensive one, there are lots of good cheaper one handed weapons
Shield: use one with 4 difficulty, they are usually the best ones and are still quite affordable

Making gold should be your priority at the beginning. Don't buy expensive equipment at the beginning. :)

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2013, 05:45:31 pm »
no rules is giving good information here.

As he said, you can reduce the chance of your weapon needing repairs by putting WPF into the weapon type you're using.  You average a 4% repair chance for every multiplier/gold tick you get each round (except for the 6:30 mark).  It's a long term average.  You can get hit with repairs for a certain item 10 rounds in a row.  It's 4% of infinity, not 4% of every 10 ticks, or 100 ticks. 

As a new player I'd highly recommend you use lighter gear (aim for medium'ish armor, or heavier "medium" armor).  Make some money early on and learn the techniques of the game (blocking, foot movement, etc).  Wearing very heavy armor is going to slow down your learning curve (IMO).  Also learning how to manually block other players will make you better overall (even as a shielder).  And it will save you money because you're using one less item of equipment.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline korppis

• Earl
  • Renown: 404
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ninja
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2013, 05:52:29 pm »
+1
If you enjoy heavy armors most, it might be worth selling your first loom point when you get there. You can pay repairs for a long time with that ~400k.

But as for beginning, I wouldn't use expensive stuff untill you're level 30 or so, and can actually benefit from it.

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2013, 06:13:51 pm »
+2
I'd use between 20-30k total gear cost to comfortably make money while using OK gear. Then you want a little gold buffer, at least 20k and then you can forget all about repairs. Don't even pay attention to it, you just have to accept that you will lose some money occasionally, but on the whole you will make profit with that type of gear. You can use 60k gear, but just use it when you're on x5 or something, or get a good gold buffer first

Between 50-60 body armour is plenty. If you use a shield you can use less armour to maintain speed, and you should avoid damage better because of the shield
If you have ranged troubles use this:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login