Author Topic: Is something going to be done about the current problems?  (Read 4857 times)

Offline F i n

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1148
  • Infamy: 155
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Hi
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fin
  • IRC nick: Fin
Re: Is something going to be done about the current problems?
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2013, 10:18:44 pm »
+12
I think the mod is just fine atm.

Theres one really big issue with the servers tho. There's been a slight lag with huge impact on gameplay. E.g. some animations aren't displayed correctly making it impossible to block - and thats not the only thing thats wrong. The whole game feels "delayed" and glitchy atm - not as direct as old players are used to experience the gameplay.

Another big problem is theres only ONE real battle server (Eu) at the moment. And this one is basically full all the time which causes pc-side lags (performance) for some players (in addition to the server-sided ones mentioned above).

The mod is great - and its still one of the best games i know, but i'm really losing fun playing on rapist-packed lagging servers.

"Life was easier as a borderline alcoholic." (chadz, 2016)

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2013, 10:18:58 pm »
+1
First rule about problems. don't talk about problems!

and i agree eu1 has been much more laggy and the combat less smooth recently IE insta swings or swings missing then hitting and projectiles going past then hitting me my ping is low and fps stable so dunno what it is.
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2013, 10:24:00 pm »
bla bla bla
Thanks for the feedback !

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2013, 10:24:09 pm »
+12
feedback

Offline F i n

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1148
  • Infamy: 155
  • Hi
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fin
  • IRC nick: Fin
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2013, 10:26:58 pm »
+1
feedback

:)

but still - what about the lag? is there any technical explanation for that? i have no clue what could be wrong - is there something I could do?
"Life was easier as a borderline alcoholic." (chadz, 2016)

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2013, 10:47:28 pm »
Not since you plan on releasing your own game soon. I believe it's vital for you to keep your cRPG players to make it a success.
Paul isn't involved with that thing you're talking about last I heard. Fairly sure he also announced he'd stop working on cRPG or something recently.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Panos_

• იოსებ ბესარიონის ძე სტალინი
  • King
  • Renown: 2006
  • Infamy: 885
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • Come and get couched, Turk!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vyzantion (Palaiologos Era)
  • Game nicks: Panos_the_TurkSlayer
  • IRC nick: THE_PANOS
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2013, 10:59:07 pm »
+5
I already mentioned it several times before, but one more won`t harm no one.

I strongly believe that the mod needs a new spark, and by new spark I mean new developers, look at Fips, Tydeus and Teeth, all three of them are doing the best they can, Fips and Teeth making/adding/editing  maps as scene editors and making strat battles less buggy, and Tudeys fucking 1h stab up  :lol: , long story short, in a such a big community like this, I`m pretty sure that you will find some decent item balancers, modelers or whatever. All you need to do is ask.

Offline Macropus

• King
  • Renown: 1668
  • Infamy: 296
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macropus
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2013, 11:01:17 pm »
+1
The only thing I don't like about c-rpg right now is a very high ping. But that's just my connection's problems, so... Sucks to be me.  :(

Offline Akynos

• Earl
  • Renown: 369
  • Infamy: 157
  • cRPG Player
  • Is now an agiwhore :*(
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Skono, Rollmops
« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2013, 11:50:13 pm »
+6
Well to answer most of what's been said here:

I am grateful for the development so far which has turned this mod into the best game I have played ( though civ IV is also a favorite of mine riddy)
However there are many problems ( which I will state since no one is arsed to look at the active posts in suggestions and technical problems) such as class imbalance ( notably 1h), server lags, lack of server variety and other little annoying things. I did not want to mention those things in the first place because they have their own topics of discussion and I wanted to avoid the ''Oh but no Akynos 1h isn't OP'' kind of deviation which I'm sure some asshead will mention.
Now all I was wondering was '' Are the devs looking at those issues and seing how they can solve them or are they all gone developping Battlegrounds?''
Now as I got an answer from both Paul and Cmp, I sort of got my answer, although I ( and I believe many other players) would truly appreciate it if an announcement of some kind was to enlighten us about what the devs are working on.
I am sorry about the rudeness of my OP, mostly because of my frustration at how c-rpg slowly loses it's entertaining side in my opinion.
Thanks for your time.
Kudos to Kulin_Ban for the video

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2013, 12:01:47 am »
+2
Let me break it down for you as simple as possible.

Mod is 3+ years old, that's pretty good for a mod of an obscure game, most original devs have moved away form the mod, they will not hand the mod over to anybody else, nor should they, it's their baby and they have the right to do with it as they wish, after all it's their name on the line. Under this conditions you really can't expect monthly patches, shitloads of server and gameplay options and high server population. We had a great ride and it's still going but not for 3 more years that's for sure. My tip: Enjoy while you still can cuz my bet this time next year you wont be able to :wink:
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2013, 12:20:28 am »
+2
Another big problem is theres only ONE real battle server (Eu) at the moment. And this one is basically full all the time
Hah if only, 240 people on the server would instantly make this game twelve times better. Splitting the community further is complete bullshit at this point.

Most my frustrations with the game come from the low population playing now usually. On 60 people having 5 more people not spawning on one team than the other almost decides the round already. With 60 people on the server there is no hiding from the few Steevee's and Mendro's on the server, they always manage to pick off the high profile players. With 60 people 10 players from one clan can roll the server for hours, or 5 players from a shit clan or a clan playing troll builds can make one team lose for hours. With 60 players having 5 retards on your team that split off and get lost ensures you and the rest of your team get ganked. It's just ganking, getting ganked and getting wrecked by ranged now.

Let's face it, the mod is dying and the fact that it is dying is making me get tired of it. People have just played this shit for way too long, including me. The mod had a damn good run, but one of these days I'll do one last GTX. At least I have a new hope though which apparently shouldn't take long.

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2013, 12:41:32 am »
+4
It's just ganking, getting ganked and getting wrecked by ranged now.
It has always been just that, except when GK was a thing, then you'd also get wrecked by cav. And all those negative things you list, are some of the reasons the EU_4 folks dislike EU_1.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Bittersteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 919
  • Infamy: 199
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Créme
  • Game nicks: Tybalt_von_Krems, Lennart_Bladh
  • IRC nick: Bittersteel
« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2013, 01:16:23 am »
+1
I know i got into cRPG cause i stumbled upon one of RipperX videos. I mean, if we'd type to some famous youtube (JesseCox for an example) that acually read comments, PM's and such and recommended both the game and the mod and they actually started a series about it, i mean holy crap this mod would sparkle with new people and old devs would get inspired and new would come.

Offline Fips

• King
  • Renown: 1217
  • Infamy: 290
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Fips_HRE
« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2013, 01:35:03 am »
Those "famous" (Not that i'm jealous of their success or anything, but fame is something different and those guys themselves would never call themselves famous) Youtubers would never have the patience and time to play this game. I know for example AngryJoe played Napoleonic War and he would probably enjoy this mod a lot, but there are just way more interesting and newer games for them to review/letsplay/whatevs. cRPG takes just so much time to get into. Anyone that is a huge and important part of the many YT-networks for gaming is never going to play this mod. Maybe if there is someone with not so many subscribers that would have the time, but then again, cRPG is not big on Youtube and noone who wants to do something more as a YT-creator is going to play it.

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2013, 03:25:39 am »
despite all the bitching about cavnerfs I kinda always like the mod in every patch ^^

this patch is however the first i can recall that I have continues continuity problems or whatnot:  I cant swing a LHB on horseback without the hole game starting to  lag and almost disconnect,  any jump i do on my horse lets me fall into the ground for a good while and everything feels sticky and laggy.

so fix that n id be an even happier camper : )
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!