Author Topic: Whats up with the kicks? Going to be fixed ever?  (Read 2288 times)

Offline Nightmare798

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 400
  • Infamy: 502
  • cRPG Player
  • Darksider on redemption
    • View Profile
Re: Whats up with the kicks? Going to be fixed ever?
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2013, 11:45:42 pm »
Been wishing for years now. It's a stupid feature that makes no sense at all. Its existence can't be justified in any way.

yeah, the last thing i would do in a fight is to try to kick a guy armed with a sword. thats just nonsense.
Tseng: Used to the bitter taste of refusal, this only serves to reinforce his greatest life lession yet.
Cloud: And that is?
Tseng: Bitches, man.

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2013, 11:45:59 pm »
+2
Working as intended?
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2013, 11:58:58 pm »
yeah, the last thing i would do in a fight is to try to kick a guy armed with a sword. thats just nonsense.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
  • Renown: 1337
  • Infamy: 428
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TRUMP / WEST 2020
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2013, 12:34:40 am »
Its pretty awesome beating the shit out of STR nerds by combining kicks and knockdowns...  Of course, if I miss, I might get 1 hit killed.
▀█▀▒█▀█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒█▒█▀█▒▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█
▒█▒▒█▄█▒█▒█▒██▒██▒█▄█▒▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒█
▒█▒▒█▀▄▒█▄█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒▄

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2013, 12:51:15 am »
You must be one helluva kickabuser to call complaints about kick arc and kick duration whining, with an obnoxious gif even. They are pretty clearly and blatantly borked and very easy to use because of it.

Nah man, I barely ever use them, no harm meant just some random lolz with the gif (*´ー`)/

And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

Offline Nightmare798

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2013, 03:23:45 am »

thats not a real deal, you call me dumb and then you show me a video of a training session.

in any real combat situation, you would get your leg cut off if you were dumb enough to try shit like that.

Tseng: Used to the bitter taste of refusal, this only serves to reinforce his greatest life lession yet.

Offline Apsod

• Duke
  • Renown: 698
  • Infamy: 98
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Donate a few denari to the farmers of Calradia!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Apsod
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2013, 02:54:33 pm »
thats not a real deal, you call me dumb and then you show me a video of a training session.

in any real combat situation, you would get your leg cut off if you were dumb enough to try shit like that.
Yeah, maybe if you're fighting without proper armor. If you were fighting with the type of armor that is in that video you wouldn't even get a tiny cut if someone hit you with a sword in the foot as you were about to kick someone. A kick on the other hand could make someone lose their balance and fall to the ground which gave the kicker the ability to pull out his knife and stab him through the small crack in the helmet, the armpits or in the groin.

Offline Nightmare798

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2013, 03:07:38 pm »
Yeah, maybe if you're fighting without proper armor. If you were fighting with the type of armor that is in that video you wouldn't even get a tiny cut if someone hit you with a sword in the foot as you were about to kick someone. A kick on the other hand could make someone lose their balance and fall to the ground which gave the kicker the ability to pull out his knife and stab him through the small crack in the helmet, the armpits or in the groin.

kick someone with his shield raised? HELLO? also it depends on weapon. trying to kick a guy with mace would be the last thing you do. also, a proper shieldbash can send the kicker flying to ground. i just fail to see how would any sane person try to kick a guy with a sword or mace and shield in his hand.

sword and shield stance usually has user positioning his dominant leg back, so he can perform surprise lunges and quick advances. this also gives considerable impact resistance from front. a swordsman with proper stance would fuck you up the second you extended your leg. that is why nobody ever tried to kick in sword fight [unless we are talking about fencing, where were attacks like kicks, punches and grapples pretty common].

Offline Erzengel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 769
  • Infamy: 214
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Norse_Erzengel
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2013, 03:10:20 pm »
Its pretty awesome beating the shit out of STR nerds by combining kicks and knockdowns...  Of course, if I miss, I might get 1 hit killed.

Or the "STR NERD" with the much longer weapon just kicks you once and then you are dead...  :rolleyes:  :P

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2013, 04:14:44 pm »
+2
If you want kicks to be "realist" (no area of effect and only kicks when the foot has reached a target), kickers need to be able to modify the course of their kicks mid-air (like IRL too) to represent flexibility of the legs and to add the skill to touch a moving target.

If you have a realist kick but you are still "frozen" in a kick animation everytime you press E, the kick will become completely useless. cRPG need more gameplay mechanics not less.

So +1 for fixing the kick and going toward more realism, but -1 for adding only handicaps and no advantages; thus removing every incentive to actually use the kick.

Offline Adamar

• He who doesn't want to be labelled
  • Earl
  • Renown: 422
  • Infamy: 319
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2013, 04:19:24 pm »
Solution: use kick urself.

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2013, 04:37:11 pm »
+3
how many threads need to be made before cmp actually changes something? It seems that he has no intention to change it... Clearly everyone just needs to send him forum messages asking him Politely and respectfully to adjust the kicking.

Offline Canuck

• Earl
  • Renown: 482
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Canuck
« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2013, 04:45:46 pm »
+1
I don't think cmp has looked at this one yet, if he had it'd probably be in the chamber of tears by now  :lol:

I agree that kicks should probably be adjusted again. Get rid of the invisible hitbox bullshit and turning and it's much easier for somebody who knows how to sidestep to gain the advantage on the kicker while still maintaining that skillful/deserved free shot on somebody when a kick does land.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2013, 06:04:09 pm »
+2
how many threads need to be made before cmp actually changes something? It seems that he has no intention to change it... Clearly everyone just needs to send him forum messages asking him Politely and respectfully to adjust the kicking.

Well I don't think (and I don't think you meant it that way) that the amount of tears or complaints warrant something to be fixed.  I think it's clearly borked by any common sense standards (compared to what kicks used to be anyways), and being able to block while kicking was much better than having a huge area of effect, longer kick duration than the animation and even the length/reach of the kick (not positive about the last one). 

All risk no reward Butan?  The reward is that you are able to get a hit on someone who was blocking your every swing up until that point.  The risk is that you miss or they hit you before you get your kick off.  Seems like a valid risk/reward to me.  I just don't see the justification for area of effect, or the duration the kick is active for.

I think the old kick mechanic was best of both worlds.  In theory being able to turn while kicking (even slightly) would be a possible trade off as well, I just think that it will be quite overpowered, and people with longer weapons obviously don't have to worry about it as much as other classes (basically only 1h's).
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2013, 02:09:03 am »
+2
love dem kicks. get into a fight with a guy who spamming them... i have 9 athletics, light armour and one of the longest 1hers in the game and switched to only using stabs and right swings to maximize my reach so as to avoid his kick range... he kicks, i shank him in the gut... he staggers.. and i get kicked while on his side and him staggering after getting stabbed. seems legit.