Author Topic: shitpost  (Read 8337 times)

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
  • Renown: 1337
  • Infamy: 428
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TRUMP / WEST 2020
Re: shitpost
« Reply #60 on: September 09, 2013, 02:31:42 am »
+12
Who has the time or no life to do such a thing to just -1 posts all day. Oh forgot right who we are talking about for a moment.  :P

Kaoklai?
▀█▀▒█▀█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒█▒█▀█▒▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█
▒█▒▒█▄█▒█▒█▒██▒██▒█▄█▒▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒█
▒█▒▒█▀▄▒█▄█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒▄

Offline kap10

• Knight
  • Renown: 54
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Occitan (Cavalièr)
  • Game nicks: Occitan_Kap10
  • IRC nick: kap10
« Reply #61 on: September 09, 2013, 03:08:42 am »
+1
juts need to post that i love u DH !
Kap10 Le SEC !!

Offline Aldogalus

• Count
  • Renown: 264
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Murder Boner, Keyboard Warriors (MB, KbW)
  • Game nicks: Aldo, Aldo_TheDandyDiddler_MB
  • IRC nick: Aldogalus
« Reply #62 on: September 09, 2013, 03:15:04 am »
ily2 DH! almost as much as i love that avatar

Offline Thumper

• Count
  • Renown: 178
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
  • Steam: SecretTammo
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Folkvangr
  • Game nicks: Thumper, Tammo
« Reply #63 on: September 09, 2013, 03:18:44 am »
+1
Gow/RoR is not affiliated with any factions we are said to be "allied" to. We are our own independent faction.

Questions and Concerns? You can PM me on the forums
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Lord_Bernie_of_Voodoo

• Earl
  • Renown: 372
  • Infamy: 46
  • cRPG Player
  • Remove Great Lances 2015
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Bernie
« Reply #64 on: September 09, 2013, 03:52:39 am »
+3
This was what, over 3 or 4 months ago? Anyways, at least this whole hilarious shitstorm made strategus somewhat entertaining for that short while - causing mass e-peen erections, nerd rage and virtual tears. Face it, without this kind of shit, strat would be more boring than a Kings of Leon album.

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #65 on: September 09, 2013, 04:13:18 am »
Here it is boys, the post you have all been waiting for... the "inside scoop" if you will...

Why HoC Left the Empire
A Documentary about the Darkside of Strat
Written by Jona

A long time ago, back in the glory days of the VE, there were very few serious clans involved with strategus. To name a few, there were the members of FCC, TKoV, NH (now Ravens), HoC, Hospitaller, and Occitans. It was the members of these mighty clans who were the leading drama (read:shitposting) nerds around. But it was all in good fun, and everyone was able to cope, for this was the status quo.  Problems arose however, when these clans who gave two shits were forced to interact with those who didn't.  When clans with different mentalities towards strategus were forced to be allies, the situation grew unbearable.

One example of such animosity was between the Hounds of Chulainn and the Murder Boner clan.  The great Hounds, best of friends with The Kingdom of Veluca, were playing strategus with a similar mindset to theirs; they were playing to win.  But the Hounds and TKoV were not the only ones in the massive Empire, for there was a third party: the MB clan.  Now the MB clan, unlike TKoV or HoC, cared little for strategus.  They rarely if ever pulled their own weight, and were only really in the faction to pump out troops for both TKoV and HoC to use when attacking their foes.  They would also help by signing up as mercenaries for the conquests.  This was all well, and would have sufficed, if it were not for the fact that all of MB was secretely jealous of the might HoC faction.  Yes, though none would ever admit it, they wanted to be as great and mighty as the Hounds.  From where do I get such an outlandish thought, you might ask? Well, it is quite obvious actually.  You see, while TKoV and HoC spearheaded the many assaults of the Empire, and saw its borders swell, MB did little more than watch and add fuel to the VE war machine.  Because HoC and TKoV 'stole' (read: earned) the spotlight, the MB clan did little more than devolve into trolling little crybabies.  It is here that they showed their true colors.  It is here that from MB's endless trolling and insulting of HoC that it is evident that they loathed them, for MB knew in their tiny, cold, black hearts, that they would never be as great as the Hounds. 

So as time passed, and each party grew more tired of the other, there was little actually happening in the realm of Calradia.  The Empire found themselves in a tiresome war against heavily plated frenchman, with castles protected by many a glitch.  In this near-stalemate of a war, tempers balanced on the edge of a knife.  Come the winter, it was HoCs time to lay siege to the accursed New Weyyah Castle.  And lay siege they did.  Over and over again, for its walls were nearly impenetrable.  After nearly ten thousand Hounds perished at the walls of the accursed fortress, it was TKoV's and MB's turn to strike at the weakened castle.  But after only one or two assaults by TKoV, no further assistance was to be had from HoC's allies.  MB never even set foot in the desert.  So after all of the ground that had been gained with blood, after all those Hounds were put to rest, never to wake again, what happened? Why, a peace treaty was signed and all feifs taken were to be given back to the frenchmen. 

It was not long after this instance when the Hounds started talking of deserting.  For they were a mighty clan, and had the numbers necessary to run a successful mercenary faction all on their own.  So what were they waiting for?  While many were already dead-set on becoming a merc faction next strategus, that was too far off for some.  Yet for each of those who would have liked to jump ship and start anew now, there were others who felt honor and duty-bound to remain tied to the Empire, and wait out this bitter strategus in such a miserable state. But as time passed, and as the once-great and highly active TkoV turned afk, many of the more stubborn Hounds were finally convinced it was time to set their plans in motion.  For it was not worth staying in an alliance with one afk clan, and another hostile clan, who was so hostile in fact that many of the Hounds despised those scum more than they despised their true enemies... the enemies who had slain over ten thousand Hounds using their french tactics and glitch-ridden castles.  So once the trolling of the inferior and highly butt-hurt MB clan and the afk-ness of the TKoV clan reached a simultaneous all-time high, the Hounds all knew it was time.

While the Hounds left the Empire to their own devices, they did not wish to cut ties all at once.  They still wished to remain faithful allies to their friends TKoV, and still honored trade agreements with other associates such as FCC.  Essentially nothing had changed, other than the fact that HoC was no longer obligated to deal with the wretched MB.  And since MB apparently hated HoC so much, this was a win-win scenario.  But this new-found peace was not meant to last, for once the leaders of TKoV returned from their long hiatus, they felt betrayed, with little valid reason to do so.  They assumed the Hounds had turned their back on them, when in fact they truly hadn't.  Yet before diplomatic words could be exchanged, the shit-flinging started, and TKoV drove themselves away from their longstanding brothers-in-arms.  So now that the Hounds found themselves as an entirely independent faction the thing they set out to do was seek retribution against MB. 

And they did, yet as shitty strategus mechanics would have it, attacking sucks and they lost their first couple of minor assaults.  But those were the only assaults to be had, since the mercenary-selling-faction idea was growing ever stronger amongst the HoC ranks.  Many of the veteran members had grown tired of such broken mechanics, and the constant babysitting necessary to run a successful faction.  The Hounds were growing bored of the mundane world of Calradia, and decided to spicen things up a bit.  In order to start their merc-selling business, they would need to downsize to only one feif.  Originally the idea was to sell off one feif at a time, but what better, more fun way to downsize than to declare war on every nearby faction in Calradia? The long stale winter of strategus was finally over, and in such grand way!  Everyone at war against one small faction... the last great stand of the Hounds was in full swing! Finally the warriors who were growing round and soft from all their time spent drinking could finally return to the battlefield and fight! Who cares who was fighting against who.. it was madness, and such fun madness it was!

And in the end, the Hound's goal was achieved.  They were a small faction doing nothing but shipping out mercenaries.  The veteran members got their reprieve and were finally able to take a break from the ugly world of politics in Calradia.  Yet everyone else became extremely butt-hurt and personally offended that the Hounds would ever dare attack them, so the HoC hatred continued. But the Hounds are not put down so easily.  They have risen again, and are ready to torment those who would still be foolish enough to oppose them.

« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 04:27:25 am by Jona »

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Canary

• Marshall
  • Renown: 826
  • Infamy: 202
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
« Reply #66 on: September 09, 2013, 06:05:09 am »
+13
You're all doing a great job! (owned, Rhalzo, beaten to the punch) I'd like to go into detail about how awesome this thread is:

Aldogalus: Here you posted an amazing implication against your former benefactor. It was totally awesome. I don't care if it's true, this is the strategus I choose to believe in.
(in light of the things Hobb and Trist said, it seems entirely likely that whatever hearsay this thread is supposedly based on was an easily misconstrued way of looking at events and, possibly, things TKoV/HoC leaders have said in the past). I hope to hear more good things like this

Hobb and Tristran: You guys are great. I'd have liked to interact with yaw more this strat but that whole ginormous faction thing made it an uninteresting prospect to approach from either side. I feel like you should have played the situation in this thread up a bit more. Playing into Aldo's rantings would have been fun for everyone, even if you gave him the satisfaction. I don't think, especially considering Hobb's well-said description of strat playstyles, it would've made you out as that big of shitprinces, either.

Adoptagoat: You're actually giving more credence to Aldo's crackpot theory. There was a seed of truth behind it? Well, shucks! Even if it wasn't a tangible scheme, there was a sentiment there, and those things tend to grow and get worse.

Bonesaw: I would enjoy a post from you on this, hoo-boy! I dunno what led you to apparently burn out and go crazy, but hopefully it was just the game being shitty.

Daruvian: You are sometimes a great shitposter, but you get lazy. Work harder. (A+ for 91,000, though)

Tears and anybody still in Fallen (I mean, hi, Dach): Posting somewhere you don't really have any belonging, again, saying something inane and useless. Guess it's okay when everybody else is doing it, this time...  :wink:

Murdertron: Anybody still responding to things he says is not treating themselves with respect. He's a very lackluster troll.

Sandersson: Keep fighting the good fight. Even if you aren't laid-back about strat, you suuuuure sound like it. It puts me at ease.  8-) Your fights are fun. (see below)

BaleOhay: I would have signed up for you guys tonight but Frisia is so much more fun to fight for. If I had to rank how much fun different teamspeaks are for strat battles, I'd put Frisia at probably second (after Occitan fights when Arowaine leads and is in a good mood). Not your fault, but FCC is one of the least fun environments to fight battles in. No disrespect, but enjoyment ought to be my chief concern. Well-fought and all-what, you know.

FUPA guys: Please be more relevant, please, please.

Matey: I think you're forgetting how factions work. The loudest mouth speaks for and condemns the rest of the body. In your post that applies not only to Aldogalus but also you guys, as well. (also, is that some fishing for information I see...?)

Relit: Ravens have always seemed to me like the one faction watching all the other ones acting foolish. The 'shaking-their-head-in-disbelief-and-disgust' faction. I don't agree with the approach, but I respect you for it.

Kesh: It is very apparent that you use deflection anytime someone says something you disagree with. Nearly every time you say an insult or insinuation it seems to directly apply to you as well. Imaginary grudges are precisely the kind you make before someone's intentions even become decided. Their response to your flipping out when they finally do something you disapprove of (as "proof" for your grudge) is inevitably to dislike you. It's a vicious cycle, you don't have to keep making people hate you!

Jona: cool rp man very well written and good story telling *two thumbs up* not out of place in this thread at all (but really, it was kind of interesting to hear the thoughts on events from someone inside. Much of what happened became so public I don't think I learned anything new, though. At least not anything that was actually true...)

Disclaimer: This is the dark half of strategus, and it's necessary to keep the other side of it interesting.

Keep up the good work!
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 12:08:28 am by Canary »

Offline Aldogalus

• Count
  • Renown: 264
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Murder Boner, Keyboard Warriors (MB, KbW)
  • Game nicks: Aldo, Aldo_TheDandyDiddler_MB
  • IRC nick: Aldogalus
« Reply #67 on: September 09, 2013, 06:15:19 am »
Meh the honest truth is, you are generalizing too much. I should have been more specific. When I said the slimy shitbirds  in HoC and TKoV, I was talking about their leadership, not the individual members who had no idea what was happening(not that bonesaw wasn't blindsided during this whole thing too, but you just weren't in on his plan). Not all members of MB hate HoC, in fact most of those members I had already threatened to kick out, for very similar reasons (shit-talking senselessly) . They left about 2 days after I threatened to kick them out. The MB HoC grudge really kind of continued from there. Some people said HoC this, and some people said MB that. The truth is I never disliked the majority of HoC, more so just bonesaw. Maybe there was one or two more, but apparently I didn't dislike them enough to be able to recall their names, only a few months later. I'm sure plenty of MB generalized about HoC here and there, as the shit tends to fly both ways. One side says one thing, another side throws counter insults back, and it escalates from there. Anyways, I remain pretty friendly with quite a few old HoC members. I guess what I'm really trying to say is, the only sense of the HoC vs MB mentality I had, was on the battlefield, when you were attacking us. But I guess my entire clan is scum, including myself, and we have tiny black hearts.

That being said, though I wasnt very involved in strat during the VE/LCO war, I do happen to recall you guys whiffing it multiple times on sieges and field battles. I IN FACT remember you became rather notorious for having ill-prepared armies, be it not having pikes, or not having pierce/blunt weapons, or not having mauls, or not having siege equipment. yada yada yada. I ALSO SEEM TO IN FACT REMEMBER, you guys being the ones who recruited troops, because you "just wanted to play in the battles". Pretty sure MB ran a good portion of the trade runs with WELL PREPARED ARMIES cough, and earned our factions some serious motha fuckin denars. bedtime

Offline Rhalzo

• Duke
  • Renown: 599
  • Infamy: 48
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FIDLGB
« Reply #68 on: September 09, 2013, 06:18:19 am »
+3
You're all doing a great job! (owned, Rhalzo, beaten to the punch) I'd like to go into detail about how awesome this thread is:

Aldogalus: Here you posted an amazing implication against your former benefactor. It was totally awesome. I don't care if it's true, this is the strategus I choose to believe in.
(in light of the things Hobb and Trist said, it seems entirely likely that whatever hearsay this thread is supposedly based on was an easily misconstrued way of looking at events and, possibly, things TKoV/HoC leaders have said in the past). I hope to hear more good things like this

Hobb and Tristran: You guys are great. I'd have liked to interact with yaw more this strat but that whole ginormous faction thing made it an uninteresting prospect to approach from either side. I feel like you should have played the situation in this thread up a bit more. Playing into Aldo's rantings would have been fun for everyone, even if you gave him the satisfaction. I don't think, especially considering Hobb's well-said description of strat playstyles, it would've made you out as that big of shitprinces, either.

Adoptagoat: You're actually giving more credence to Aldo's crackpot theory. There was a seed of truth behind it? Well, shucks! Even if it wasn't a tangible scheme, there was a sentiment there, and those things tend to grow and get worse.

Bonesaw: I would enjoy a post from you on this, hoo-boy! I dunno what led you to apparently burn out on the and go crazy, but hopefully it was just the game being shitty.

Daruvian: You are sometimes a great shitposter, but you get lazy. Work harder. (A+ for 91,000, though)

Tears and anybody still in Fallen (I mean, hi, Dach): Posting somewhere you don't really have any belonging, again, saying something inane and useless. Guess it's okay when everybody else is doing it, this time...  :wink:

Murdertron: Anybody still responding to things he says is not treating themselves with respect. He's a very lackluster troll.

Sandersson: Keep fighting the good fight. Even if you aren't laid-back about strat, you suuuuure sound like it. It puts me at ease.  8-) Your fights are fun. (see below)

BaleOhay: I would have signed up for you guys tonight but Frisia is so much more fun to fight for. If I had to rank how much fun different teamspeaks are for strat battles, I'd put Frisia at probably second (after Occitan fights when Arowaine leads and is in a good mood). Not your fault, but FCC is one of the least fun environments to fight battles in. No disrespect, but enjoyment ought to be my chief concern. Well-fought and all-what, you know.

FUPA guys: Please be more relevant, please, please.

Matey: I think you're forgetting how factions work. The loudest mouth speaks for and condemns the rest of the body. In your post that applies not only to Aldogalus but also you guys, as well. (also, is that some fishing for information I see...?)

Relit: Ravens have always seemed to me like the one faction watching all the other ones acting foolish. The 'shaking-their-head-in-disbelief-and-disgust' faction. I don't agree with the approach, but I respect you for it.

Kesh: It is very apparent that you use deflection anytime someone says something you disagree with. Nearly every time you say an insult or insinuation it seems to directly apply to you as well. Imaginary grudges are precisely the kind you make before someone's intentions even become decided. Their response to your flipping out when they finally do something you disapprove of (as "proof" for your grudge) is inevitably to dislike you. It's a vicious cycle, you don't have to keep making people hate you!

Jona: cool rp man very well written and good story telling *two thumbs up* not out of place in this thread at all (but really, it was kind of interesting to hear the thoughts on events from someone inside. Much of what happened became so public I don't think I learned anything new, though. At least not anything that was actually true...)

Disclaimer: This is the dark half of strategus, and it's necessary to keep the other side of it interesting.

Keep up the good work!

You're all doing a great job!
Mine is better

No really though, everyone has been doing a great job. This drama just leads to more battles and more interesting twists and turns that not even M. Night Shamalongadingdong could come up with. Or at least it should. Instead of being all mad and sassy in a post on the forums, try sending an army at that person (or clan) instead. OR be mad and sassy as well as sending an army at that person (or clan). Both options are acceptable. Or just completely stab that one person in the back. Make the game interesting for yourself and all of the other folks that sink time into pixel warriors and colored dots moving around a map for days upon days. I'm so proud of all of you and can't wait to see what kind of shit will go on next.

And Canary, you left me off of that list and stole my phrase; THIS MEANS WAR!

Rhalzo's already in Chaos' cooler older brother clan, he's fine riding his motorcycle around in a leather jacket smoking cigarettes with GIRLS, our little treehouse isn't his speed anymore.

Offline Nightingale

• Balancer
  • Renown: 925
  • Infamy: 205
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Elderly Woman
  • IRC nick: Nightingale
« Reply #69 on: September 09, 2013, 06:25:23 am »
I feel like I need to contribute to this thread... but I don't think I have anyone I hate enough to dedicate a "shit post" too. I guess this means I need to take strat more seriously in the future, I mean how often do you think that a topic in diplomacy will be ANY SHITPOST is on topic. Matter of a fact this whole post I just did is off topic and deserves a warning.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Canuck

• Earl
  • Renown: 482
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Canuck
« Reply #70 on: September 09, 2013, 06:28:35 am »
+5
I don't think I have anyone I hate enough to dedicate a "shit post" too

Keep banning and shooting arowaine in strategus battles and before long he'll shit post about you and you can do one in reply

Offline Nightingale

• Balancer
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 09, 2013, 06:31:51 am »
Keep banning and shooting arowaine in strategus battles and before long he'll shit post about you and you can do one in reply

I'm bad at replying seriously to shit posts. Literally the worst.

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 09, 2013, 06:35:14 am »
Much of what happened became so public I don't think I learned anything new, though. At least not anything that was actually true...)[/size]

Well I don't know what you had learned prior to that post, but much of what had become public was similar to aldo's OP... and you can see there are just a few discrepancies between his version and the truthful documentary post of mine.

Matter of a fact this whole post I just did is off topic and deserves a warning.

Dangit Desire, breaking the flow of this thread! For that I may just have to take your miserable little feif! Prepare for a siege!

(click to show/hide)

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Nightingale

• Balancer
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 09, 2013, 06:38:48 am »
Well I don't know what you had learned prior to that post, but much of what had become public was similar to aldo's OP... and you can see there are just a few discrepancies between his version and the truthful documentary post of mine.

Dangit Desire, breaking the flow of this thread! For that I may just have to take your miserable little feif! Prepare for a siege!

(click to show/hide)

If you want too go ahead! be a fun little fight, and give me something to do for the rest of strat. RECLAIM MY LAND!

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 09, 2013, 06:40:37 am »
If you want too go ahead! be a fun little fight, and give me something to do for the rest of strat. RECLAIM MY LAND!

Hehe would be fun indeed... if only your land was a little closer to almerra.

can you get transferred to unuzdaq or something? seems to be the closest chaos feif.

or just you know.. take over a closer one.