Author Topic: Give award for winning "The Map". XP? Gold? Could be incentive for teamplay.  (Read 715 times)

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
So here's how many maps play out:

Team 1 wins a couple of rounds, then get stomped for the rest of the map. I sense this might have to do with a sneaky feeling of defeatism hovering in the back of players minds. Very often people just want the map to be over once they loose their X.

Often I find myself being motivated by some kind of honor to win the last round if the map goes 3:3, and I think this motivation could be strengthened by giving some kind of reward mechanics.

My suggestion is to give another incentive for who wins the map, that is the team that wins the last round before map change.

Ideas:

1. Give a text shoutout to the team that wins the map that could be like:  RED TEAM WINS THE MAP. (OR GREEN TEAM LOST THE MAP/BATTLE)
2. Give a small bonus of XP, multi or Gold to the players on the map-winning team.

I believe this idea would create a higher goal other than players personal Multi, as the team SHARES a long term goal.
I believe this could lead to more and better teamplay.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
+4
How loose is your X? Anyway, could work like this for battle with a player slot that is set to 0 at map start or leaving spec and increased each time one wins a round. At map end it gives player_slot*xp_bonus_constant xp bonus.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 02:18:25 pm by Paul »

Offline Dezilagel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 722
  • Infamy: 209
  • cRPG Player
  • (X) probably goes well with Nutella
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guards, Guards!
  • Game nicks: Dezi_the_Bagel
  • IRC nick: Dezilagel
Yeah, additional rewards for winning the majority of rounds of a map (calculated individually, also only applies if all rounds of a map are completed) would be nice.

Quote from: Rumblood
You fuck, or you get fucked.
Valour Multghulis - All Krems Must Die

Offline Nordwolf

• Earl
  • Renown: 492
  • Infamy: 46
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Nordwolf, 4 other Nordwolfs, Wolf_in_the_Van Victory, Earngrim, Core, Farewell, Akaio_BlackSpear +**
+1
It would have been a really nice idea if there was no player balance.
With all these team swaps it will be only about luck.

I think it can work if you count wins not by team, but by personal amount of wins per map (more than half - you get the bonus).

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
There are not that many team switches on Battle. A player that gets switched might loose the map 50% of the time, but since the best players are most often switched I think that percentage will be much lower in reality.

This idea might not be relevant for siege as one gets switched all the time.

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Necrorave

• Duke
  • Renown: 609
  • Infamy: 71
  • Who the fuck is this guy?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul
  • Game nicks: Necrorave and or Cheesus Crust
  • IRC nick: Necrorave
There are not that many team switches on Battle. A player that gets switched might loose the map 50% of the time, but since the best players are most often switched I think that percentage will be much lower in reality.

This may be true, but these balances will cause problems with these "Best Players".  I get team swapped often (Unless my clan is on) and it can get fairly frustrating.  It would be even more annoying to know that I am not going to get the "Bonus" for helping a team for 3 rounds and getting swapped to the other one before they win one last time.  It is like punishing a player for being "Good enough" for the balance to move them.

This also rewards players for logging in and getting put on the winning team.  What is the point of that?  (Unless you calculate how many rounds they played)

I like the idea, but it should be more based on How many wins the player was "Part of" rather than which team has the most wins.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
How loose is your X? Anyway, could work like this for battle with a player slot that is set to 0 at map start or leaving spec and increased each time one wins a round. At map end it gives player_slot*xp_bonus_constant xp bonus.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
(click to show/hide)

Ofcourse it should not be exploitable by relogging. - Only given if you have played all the rounds? If you are switched then you should help your new team win, as it has always been. We're not taking away multis here.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Necrorave

• Duke
  • Renown: 609
  • Infamy: 71
  • Who the fuck is this guy?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul
  • Game nicks: Necrorave and or Cheesus Crust
  • IRC nick: Necrorave
(click to show/hide)

Ofcourse it should not be exploitable by relogging. - Only given if you have played all the rounds? If you are switched then you should help your new team win, as it has always been. We're not taking away multis here.

I know but I think you missed my point.

If I helped my team win 3 rounds then get switched to the "Losing" side in the last round.  I would not get the bonus even though I worked just as hard as my Former allies to earn that bonus.  Even so if I got valor and kept a multi after losing, I still would not be getting that bonus.  It would just cause problems with those who are considered "Better"

It creates a whole "Luck" factor to getting the bonus which I think is a bit silly.

Edit:  Low end players will pray they have good players on their side and good players will pray they don't get switched.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 09:16:46 pm by Necrorave »

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
+1
I see your point, but I think the advantages outweigh the small disadvantages. Very few players gets switched that often, and if they do, they are often able to turn rounds.

Imagine a team getting together to "win the map" after a series of round losses! :) Thing is, multi FEELS like an individual reward, while a team reward FEELS like something you achieved together. And thus in theory, should make the teams cooperate more.

Players topping all the time and getting switched I think can take it easily. Just gives them another challenge which I think they will appreciate.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
+1
This makes me quite uncomfortable to admit, but I agree with Thomek.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
Agreed!

Also one of the reasons that nake me disconnect quite often are long ass boring maps. sry to say but I'm probably not gonna play 7 rounds of 6 minute hiding from archers random plaing. Make maps last to 3 wins, makes for a more dynamic gameplay
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
+1
Instead of a map going 3-4 being a boring haul, it might turn into a nerve wrecking drama of honor and shame... *and gold/xp  :)

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
remove multi remove multi 2pac is with us