Author Topic: eu1 tonight  (Read 7909 times)

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
Re: eu1 tonight
« Reply #45 on: September 03, 2013, 04:34:29 pm »
I don't get it why people don't escape the cancer of EU 1 already.

Because there is no alternative to people who don't like Siege game mode. The numbers are low as it is.
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #46 on: September 03, 2013, 04:37:39 pm »
+5
Because there is no alternative to people who don't like Siege game mode. The numbers are low as it is.
Not to mention that EU4 isn't an option cuz that's the garbage dump of crpg.
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Yorvik

• Peasant
  • Renown: 8
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 03, 2013, 04:58:06 pm »
I made a HA stf so I could join the horde and the fact is ranged are not really that strong you guys seem to forget that it took 10+ arrows to kill some of you. As well as the fact ranged massively restrict themselves when it comes to melee. I know that and I main hoplite, ranged are annoying yes but they are not as bad as you 2h Kuyak heroes make them out to be. So don't whine on the forums about it and ask them to get nerfed the day when archers are useless in cRPG is the day when fun will be lost as you'll miss the support and versatility they give to a team.

Offline Swaggart

• Earl
  • Renown: 481
  • Infamy: 92
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 03, 2013, 05:28:49 pm »
I cant understand how anyone even expects to be taken seriously when he proposes that gameplay mechanics should be ballanced in a way that he alone with his specific build is able to counter EVERYTHING in the game.

You mean like how an archer (or crossbowman) can shoot at someone from a distance, and completely shut down a melee's ability to harm the archer by simply blocking a poleaxe with a 0 slot hammer?

Sounds like ranged can counter everything in the game.

Offline XyNox

• Marshall
  • Renown: 801
  • Infamy: 219
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Quincy Clan
  • Game nicks: Quincy_XyNox
« Reply #49 on: September 03, 2013, 06:13:14 pm »
You mean like how an archer (or crossbowman) can shoot at someone from a distance, and completely shut down a melee's ability to harm the archer by simply blocking a poleaxe with a 0 slot hammer?

Sounds like ranged can counter everything in the game.

Because when an archer blocks a melee swing he is countering the melee ?? By that logic, the instant a shielder blocks an arrow, he has countered the archer. LOL

This is just another one of those comments that appear to be aimed more towards creating self-pity for a certain class to justify a nerf instead of dealing with the real issue. I mean common, did this, in retrospect really make sense to yourself at all ?

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #50 on: September 03, 2013, 06:18:31 pm »
+1
Xynox this wasnt a nerf archer qq thread before you rage posted :-P its more lulz at unfortunate team balance
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline XyNox

• Marshall
  • Renown: 801
  • Infamy: 219
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Quincy Clan
  • Game nicks: Quincy_XyNox
« Reply #51 on: September 03, 2013, 06:41:02 pm »
Xynox this wasnt a nerf archer qq thread before you rage posted :-P its more lulz at unfortunate team balance

Certainly your OP wasnt meant as such. I was just replying to people who think that ranged is destroying the game, too much ez-mode, etc.

Offline Templar_Steevee

• Duke
  • Renown: 613
  • Infamy: 128
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew-pew for victory!!!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Steevee, Templar_catchArabbit, Gangtroll
« Reply #52 on: September 03, 2013, 07:22:17 pm »
XyNox you are an archer for a long time as i remember and you should get accostumed to rage about ranged. Keep calm and pew pew enemies  :mrgreen:

I wish to be there last night to shoot some HAs down, I just love doing that, but sometimes they are annoying as hell
Archer forever :D

Offline Fartface

• Earl
  • Renown: 476
  • Infamy: 288
  • cRPG Player
  • Centurii
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deathcore,Djentcore,Deathmetal,Brutal,Slam
  • Game nicks: Growling,Grunting,Screaming,Squeeling
  • IRC nick: Fuck I love it.
« Reply #53 on: September 03, 2013, 07:58:01 pm »
XyNox you are an archer for a long time as i remember and you should get accostumed to rage about ranged. Keep calm and pew pew enemies  :mrgreen:

I wish to be there last night to shoot some HAs down, I just love doing that, but sometimes they are annoying as hell
I know who you are on eu1 , I either fuck you over with shot bumb shot or you take my horse down  :cry:

Offline Macropus

• King
  • Renown: 1668
  • Infamy: 296
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macropus
« Reply #54 on: September 03, 2013, 11:17:50 pm »
+1
Played as a ninja on double xp days with 200+ players online, now that was really hard to do without being shot constantly. Now it's just an easymode comparing with what it used to be.
Melee heroes complain about archers cuz they had 20/0 k/d on this map and now got shot once, so 20/1 is shit lame k/d and ranged ruined the game.

Offline BASNAK

• King
  • Renown: 1349
  • Infamy: 170
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MolonLave_Garlic
« Reply #55 on: September 03, 2013, 11:33:04 pm »
+1
I retired to archer because if you can't beat them you join them.

Offline Fandrall

• Knight
  • Renown: 53
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Steppe Cap is back in style!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Fru_Apskaft
« Reply #56 on: September 04, 2013, 01:04:30 am »
+1
On that particular map the class balance was totally fucked up. Allmost all ranged and cav was stacked together on one team and the melee inf was on the other.

However both teams used teamplay and played to their strengths which I found really enjoyable. Win or loose the game is much more fun when "tactics" are applied.

I think it ended up ranged/cav team:4  melee team:3... It should have been the other way around though as the flag where bugged one round and didnt end the match when it reached the top.

Offline Swaggart

• Earl
  • Renown: 481
  • Infamy: 92
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 04, 2013, 05:24:12 am »
Because when an archer blocks a melee swing he is countering the melee ?? By that logic, the instant a shielder blocks an arrow, he has countered the archer. LOL

Yes.

I don't understand why this is hard for you to understand. A ranged class's primary method of dealing damage is, you guess it, with a ranged weapon. If a shielder can negate that, he has countered the primary damage of the class. How is a shielder not a counter to a ranged class? Now, I would buy your argument about melee protecting ranged if ranged classes were utterly useless and vulnerable against melee, but lets face it: they're not. If archers can't protect themselves, then fuck em all.

Offline Panos_

• იოსებ ბესარიონის ძე სტალინი
  • King
  • Renown: 2006
  • Infamy: 885
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • Come and get couched, Turk!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vyzantion (Palaiologos Era)
  • Game nicks: Panos_the_TurkSlayer
  • IRC nick: THE_PANOS
« Reply #58 on: September 04, 2013, 07:49:55 am »
+8
I would want to say "omg this ranged QQ again" but the word "again" doesnt seem to fit here since it implies that there was a period in between sometime when people did in fact not complain about ranged in the first place. This complaining seems to be more of a constant in the cRPG universe.

I cant even feel offended anymore by the stupidity of suggestions such as "too much ranged !!! nerf ranged damage, nerf their speed, nerf this nerf that nerf their ammo count etc." because everyone knows already that the stats are not the problem. Still claiming they are just reveals ones lack of understanding for the game mechanics, hence, why devs maybe wont take your complains seriously. I dont know how often I wrote this down but I will again; the problem is the lack of ability to play as a team ( omg not again ).

For some reason in cRPG the willingness to give a fuck about anyone but yourself and your heroism is astonishingly, mindfuckingly low. In almost every other game I played, there is some form of very basic code consisting of things you intuitively do to assist your allies. I am not a big fan of MOBA games but take things like LoL or Dota for example:

If you feed the enemy, people from your team will probably scream at their computer screens while writing very unkind things in chat to let you know that you are HURTING YOUR TEAM. Or for instance, if you are a healer and a nearby teammate is low on health, wouldnt it be ABSOLUTELY NATURAL that you heal said teammate ? You get the deal.

To transfer this matter to cRPG, since it is known that archers are good at ranged at not so good at melee ( since this is how the whole class shit works right ? pros and cons ) shouldnt it be ABSOLUTELY NATURAL to let your archers shoot the other archers instead of charging in there alone without a shield ?

[Sarcasm]

Nope ... not in cRPG ... what the hell are you thinking ??? In cRPG I still see 2h's chasing HA's through the whole map, which they will obviously never catch, while teammate archers are getting slaughtered by enemy shielders. Why should anyone give a fuck about those my old friendgy archers right ? If enemy archers gank your shieldless pure melee build because your team has no archers left at the end of the round, then there is nothing wrong with you, there is obviously something wrong with the game right ? But hey, afterall melee is the right way to play and ranged is simply wrong and defending your archers would be a disgrace to melee masterrace. If you cant kill them all yourself, you can always go to the forum and say that ranged is bullshit because OP and that there is NO WAY to counter them ( that doesnt include holding W until you are in melee range ).

[/Sarcasm]

I cant understand how anyone even expects to be taken seriously when he proposes that gameplay mechanics should be ballanced in a way that he alone with his specific build is able to counter EVERYTHING in the game. In fact, IMO the lack of certain capabilities for some classes such as ranged weapons, shields, horses etc. is THE key aspect that sets this game on top of so many other games where everyone can do roughly the same, which is shooting a gun in most cases. This system should beg for more teamplay than in most other games and it baffles me how the average member of the cRPG community coult possibly get so egocentric as it is the case now.

Damn ... I did again. I wanted not to do it again but I couldnt help myself. I wrote all this down and I already know that people will go "omfg lawl fuckin bullshit", then hop into the game, hold W into a swarm of archers as soon as the round starts, get shot to pieces and then come here and say "wololo ranged OP nurf lol good joooooke devs I quit cuz you kill teh gaem".

Sad, very sad.

(click to show/hide)

Everytime I see you post, I`m gonna reply with this

shut your whore mouth ranged my old friend

And since I`m quoting a banned person, I can`t be banned, because it`s not my words.

Enjoy.

shut your whore mouth ranged my old friend

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #59 on: September 04, 2013, 09:21:54 am »
+4
(click to show/hide)
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.