Poll

Remove stunlock from pole-arms

Yes.
73 (61.3%)
No.
46 (38.7%)

Total Members Voted: 119

Author Topic: Remove stunlock from polearms possible??  (Read 4816 times)

Offline Thucydides

• Baron
  • Renown: 129
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player
  • I shat Uranus
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Thucydides
Re: Remove stunlock from polearms possible??
« Reply #60 on: August 17, 2011, 11:08:41 pm »
I disagree with this on all levels. Polearms, seem/are much faster than their speed suggests. Try swinging a 95 speed warspear and 95 speed miaodao, maybe its just a weight difference, but the warspear seems much faster and you can feintspam like a madman. Whereas feinting with the miaodao just makes most people yawn. Same goes for comparison of a danish greatsword and long hafted blade.

Warspears, glaives and long hafted blades all seem ridiculously fast for their speed. You can pull of unbelievably confusing feints with all of these weapons. Also when these weapons get blocked, they bounce back in a way thats similar to the animation of chambering a new attack, so its hard to spot double attacks. I for one always get killed by double attacks by these weapons, which rarely happens to me versus 2h.

Several polearm stabs in succesion of eachother are also very fast. If a warspear user stabs and backpedals you can barely get a hit in.

I'd say polearms get the +5 speed with their animations and more confusing feints. I don't believe you can state these things, you must not have tried both.

i went on the EU server to duel and 2h animations are confusing as fuck, much more so than polearms. Especially if they look at the ground and then feint

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 17, 2011, 11:24:13 pm »
2h feints are a lot faster.

Offline Siiem

• Heretic
  • Duke
  • Renown: 611
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 18, 2011, 01:04:59 am »
Funny... the polearmers says the 2h feints are faster. 2hers say polearm feints are fast and weirder. lul.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 18, 2011, 10:17:55 am »
Funny... the polearmers says the 2h feints are faster. 2hers say polearm feints are fast and weirder. lul.

Polearm feints are weirder, but 2h feints are absolutely faster. FEINTS, not attack animations. Have a 2h with a lot less wpf than my polearm char, and he feints a lot faster. Going from block to swing to block. Try it yourself.

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #64 on: August 18, 2011, 10:45:10 am »
With a 4 direction 2h it's kinda possible to conceal one attack feint as another, like for example a thrust can initially look like a right-to-left swing when done turned to the right. While that's not possible with pole or 1h, those got other advantages.

Offline Spawny

• Count
  • Renown: 152
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Templar_Spawny
« Reply #65 on: August 18, 2011, 10:48:50 am »
I mostly find polearms easier to block than 2h's, unless ragni is feinting with his glaive. It kinda looks like he's having a seizure and I just can't keep track of the thing.
I find that more common in 2h's, but I think it's more the players that use them, rather than a feature of 2h weapons.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The problem is even if you are number 1 in NA you are still only number 467 in EU or the worst in AUS(number 17)