Author Topic: 100k Gold To Whoever Can Beat My Drag  (Read 3596 times)

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
Re: 100k Gold To Whoever Can Beat My Drag [True Stories: Queen Auphilia]
« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2013, 08:27:34 pm »
+10
What a cute lady that Auphilia is. Further proof that every player who has a female character is a girl IRL.  :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline Auphilia

• Earl
  • Renown: 480
  • Infamy: 190
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 05, 2013, 08:33:04 pm »
+2
BTW, you don't choose to leave for medical reasons, if you're already in the military you are told to leave, you don't have a choice.  And seeing is this Major recommends you be allowed to re-enter, that proves my previous sentence...you don't need approval to reenter if everything is fine.

Good thing you are an expert lol

The major wanted me to stay and the squadron commander wanted me to stay (in fact he refused to let me leave for a while). They only let me out because I asked to leave (with the excuse of my medical condition) which was waived upon entry. He gave me his recommendation so I could get back in the military with no issues if I actually did decide to come back. I wasn't kicked out. I don't know what branch you are familiar with, but the Air Force doesn't exactly just kick out airborne linguists. For the most part everyone getting separated had to fight to get separated. I knew people who had been on med-hold for over 9 months. I'd rather spend that time more comfortably in the civilian world where I actually have a bit of freedom.

Depending on why people get separated, the Air Force won't want to waste their time with certain individuals. For example, if you just want to go home and are completely fine, they would never let you back into the Air Force because you wasted their time. If you leave for severe medical reasons, you probably won't be allowed back in either. The only way to get a recommendation to rejoin is if you have a legit reason to leave, and are actually worth letting back in.

Thanks for your omniscience on the situation though, Ragnar the Red.

Offline Boxxy

• Noble
  • Renown: 21
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Waylander
  • Game nicks: Boxxy
« Reply #32 on: August 05, 2013, 08:43:55 pm »
+5
Waylander Clan are pretty fabulous...

Waylander_Mew:

(click to show/hide)

Waylander_KingConan:

(click to show/hide)

Waylander_Sniper:

(click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 08:51:02 pm by Boxxy »
Our key was banned. I am live at the hostel, and we have in room 3 people and one notebook

Offline Ragnar_Ulfson

• Count
  • Renown: 185
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ulfson
  • IRC nick: Ulfson
« Reply #33 on: August 05, 2013, 08:47:56 pm »
+3
Good thing you are an expert lol

The major wanted me to stay and the squadron commander wanted me to stay (in fact he refused to let me leave for a while). They only let me out because I asked to leave (with the excuse of my medical condition) which was waived upon entry. He gave me his recommendation so I could get back in the military with no issues if I actually did decide to come back. I wasn't kicked out. I don't know what branch you are familiar with, but the Air Force doesn't exactly just kick out airborne linguists. For the most part everyone getting separated had to fight to get separated. I knew people who had been on med-hold for over 9 months. I'd rather spend that time more comfortably in the civilian world where I actually have a bit of freedom.

Depending on why people get separated, the Air Force won't want to waste their time with certain individuals. For example, if you just want to go home and are completely fine, they would never let you back into the Air Force because you wasted their time. If you leave for severe medical reasons, you probably won't be allowed back in either. The only way to get a recommendation to rejoin is if you have a legit reason to leave, and are actually worth letting back in.

Thanks for your omniscience on the situation though, Ragnar the Red.

I was in the Marine Corps, and I didn't claim to be an expert.  Every single medical condition that warrants you to leave the military, warrants you not to be able to return to service.  If you choose to leave, based on this specific medical condition, and you think its that serious to not finish out your contract, just because some Major says he recommends you doesn't mean anything.  Being let back in will be a lot higher decision then just a recommendation, they'll look at your decision, and medical condition and say "Hey he thought it was serious enough to leave", 99% of the time (especially in the shrinking military now) they won't let you rejoin because you left saying it was serious enough to leave.  Maybe the Air Force has a different policy then the Navy or USMC, but I doubt it.

"For example, if you just want to go home and are completely fine, they would never let you back into the Air Force because you wasted their time.", the only time this will ever happen is during BMT training no where else.  If you want to just "Leave" the military, that won't happen, you will have to do something to warrant a discharge and usually that is negative.  No way in hell can you get out of your contract because you feel you're done.

If you left because of a medical condition, you have 0% chance of getting let back in, because they're not going to take another chance on a variable. 

p.s.  How long did you serve (just curious) ?

Offline Auphilia

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 05, 2013, 09:07:17 pm »
+1
Oh, well there is the misunderstanding. I was in BMT when I left. I served for a jolly good month <3
You are right, if I graduated and started serving the contract, it would be a different story.

And yes the marines are probably more strict on medical complications than the Air Force.

Summarized:

1. I had/have a medical condition that they waived and allowed me to join.
2. I decided I'd rather not endure it through all of BMT and beyond.
3. I was treated and given means of a possibly remedy. This remedy would take weeks/months.
4. The major recommended that I either just endure through it, stay in med-hold for months, or leave and come back after 6 months of healing.
5. I'm allowed to re-enlist with the same medical condition already waived. The major is also a doctor.

Just so you know, med-hold is probably the worst place to be in the military (other than combat). It is like a never-ending limbo. You can't do anything because you are still a "trainee", yet you stay there for months instead of the typical 8 weeks. Someone even committed suicide in my dorm (a few months before I got there). I asked the dorm chief why he did it and his answer was simply, "He wanted to go home".  That isn't exactly the environment I wanted to spend months in. Especially when I have the option of leaving and coming back.

I hope that makes more sense.

Offline VVarlord

• Count
  • Renown: 176
  • Infamy: 86
  • cRPG Player
  • Simmer down and pucker up
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Waylander
  • Game nicks: Waylander_VVar
  • IRC nick: Boldkorn
« Reply #35 on: August 05, 2013, 09:25:11 pm »
Waylander Clan are pretty fabulous...

Waylander_Mew:

(click to show/hide)

Waylander_KingConan:

(click to show/hide)

Waylander_Sniper:

(click to show/hide)

Class

Offline partyboy

• Earl
  • Renown: 477
  • Infamy: 133
  • cRPG Player
  • BRING BACK LADDERS
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GODQUEEN_PARTYGIRL_OF_BIRD
« Reply #36 on: August 05, 2013, 09:27:19 pm »
+1
lookin' good, gurl.  :oops:
Subject displays signs of antisocial behaviour

Offline Ragnar_Ulfson

• Count
  • Renown: 185
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ulfson
  • IRC nick: Ulfson
« Reply #37 on: August 05, 2013, 09:28:48 pm »
Oh, well there is the misunderstanding. I was in BMT when I left. I served for a jolly good month <3
You are right, if I graduated and started serving the contract, it would be a different story.

And yes the marines are probably more strict on medical complications than the Air Force.

Summarized:

1. I had/have a medical condition that they waived and allowed me to join.
2. I decided I'd rather not endure it through all of BMT and beyond.
3. I was treated and given means of a possibly remedy. This remedy would take weeks/months.
4. The major recommended that I either just endure through it, stay in med-hold for months, or leave and come back after 6 months of healing.
5. I'm allowed to re-enlist with the same medical condition already waived. The major is also a doctor.

Just so you know, med-hold is probably the worst place to be in the military (other than combat). It is like a never-ending limbo. You can't do anything because you are still a "trainee", yet you stay there for months instead of the typical 8 weeks. Someone even committed suicide in my dorm (a few months before I got there). I asked the dorm chief why he did it and his answer was simply, "He wanted to go home".  That isn't exactly the environment I wanted to spend months in. Especially when I have the option of leaving and coming back.

I hope that makes more sense.

Well, I commend you for at least giving it a shot, but to clarify, you weren't technically in the military then.  BMT is completely different animal when it comes to discharges, because you aren't technically in the service if you do not complete BMT.  Your statements make complete sense now that this all happened in BMT.  Yes, I know med hold is a terrible place, I met a guy who was in it for 18 months (Tore both ACL's in his legs).   

I have to do this, it's Marines* (No sarcasm involved). 

Good luck to you in your endeavors. 

Offline karasu

• King
  • Renown: 1751
  • Infamy: 316
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • D̶͎̳͒́͗͋ẹ͕̲̠̳̄̃͂ͤ͑ͮṃ̮͎̗̦̏̿͊ͤi̥̪̼͕ͦ̀̊̐ȗ̘rͩ͋̅̊gͭ̿̋
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 05, 2013, 09:34:58 pm »

Offline Herkkutatti666

• Duke
  • Renown: 585
  • Infamy: 285
  • cRPG Player
  • Rips pärs
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 05, 2013, 09:44:57 pm »
Disgusting

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #40 on: August 05, 2013, 10:35:32 pm »
+15
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline cup457

• Earl
  • Renown: 490
  • Infamy: 102
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: RavenR_cup457
  • IRC nick: cup457
« Reply #41 on: August 05, 2013, 11:24:51 pm »
+4
this is the worst thread i have ever seen
CUP CLAN BEST CLAN
Okay, I need your protection, your love. :P

Offline Auphilia

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 05, 2013, 11:31:49 pm »
+15
this is the worst thread i have ever seen

But you have seen it ;)

Offline Lemon

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 517
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Lemon Company
  • Game nicks: #Free Lemon 2012
  • IRC nick: Lemon
Re: 100k Gold To Whoever Can Beat My Drag
« Reply #43 on: August 02, 2014, 09:21:01 am »
I feel like you and Baeur would totally be friends.
Lemon Luther King JR, has a dream, where all trolls are treated with fairness and equality. Lemon's want to be able to vote, and ride in the front of the bus, and drink from the same fountain that we do. Please right this inequality

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 234
  • cRPG Player
  • (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻. take all my upvotes! Part-time retard
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild Enthousiast,
  • Game nicks: Wy can't I upvote my own posts, Im a fucken genius, yo.
  • IRC nick: Joseph_Porta
Re: 100k Gold To Whoever Can Beat My Drag
« Reply #44 on: August 02, 2014, 10:39:11 am »
But you arent black..
I loot corpses of their golden teeth.
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™