Author Topic: what about footwork balance?  (Read 2120 times)

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: what about footwork balance?
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2013, 11:59:15 am »
+1
The punishment would be in form of a longer attacker stun (loss of initiative while still being able to block)

Now that we are discussing this subject, isn't this supposed to be what just about any block does ?

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2013, 12:01:26 pm »
+5
PLz for the love of god... dont slow down the combat, because of some whiney 1h str cruther thx..
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2013, 12:27:57 pm »
+1
Now that we are discussing this subject, isn't this supposed to be what just about any block does ?

Well, the idea is the smaller the speed bonus is (<0%) when the hit connects, the bigger is the time the attacker is stunned and can't attack again. Just like the effect a parry had when it still existed.

Offline sF_Guardian

• Marshall
  • Renown: 738
  • Infamy: 254
  • cRPG Player
  • In honour of Pepe the kindest baguette
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sad Hobo Guild, Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Peso, Dondergod, Hobo_loves_Pepe, Ras_Putin_the_stronk, FrenchBow_le_tarlouze, Forrest_Trump...
  • IRC nick: Peso
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2013, 12:31:00 pm »
+4
Never have problems with backpedalers while using any build from 9/30 till 39/3 and any class.
Just don't follow them and learn to block multiple times and ure fine.
(Btw, I noticed you backpedaling and trying to outrange quite alot lately :P)
Another point is that you have a build that allows you to oneshot kill 2-3 players with ur
lances, surely you have to sacrify something for it ;-)
I don't want to give a feedback to molly neither i want to ban him,I wanted to give advise high authorities to take his admin rights.Panos you monkey wrench where would u put this topic enlighten me you cancer fuck.

Offline RobertOfDrugsley

• Count
  • Renown: 210
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ANGST
  • Game nicks: ANGST_Robert_of_Drugsley, ANGST_Waldorph_the_Salad, ANGST_Monkey_Fling_Poo
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2013, 05:08:32 pm »
I play a 1h 5 athletics dude.

Imho I don't really need to get a fast 2h freak within weapon range much to be useful - just make him waste his time keeping an eye on me an wailing on my shield.  Eventually the archers he's not cutting to pieces because I'm keeping him occupied will find it in heir hearts to turn him into a 2h hedgehog.
I find the idea of defending someone who isn't been violently raped unacceptable on moral grounds.

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2013, 06:05:00 pm »
+1

If backpedaling is to be dealt with, and it can be a problematic and cheesy way to play, make the change deal with backpedaling directly and not just reduce the effectiveness of one skill to accomplish it. Tie a change to damage somehow, that way it's simply not effective enough for people who already sacrificed damage from stats to be able to exploit their lengthy weapons, or find a way to make it harder to do, so it's not such an easy way to take advantage of the game engine. Sacrificing the utility of better footwork for some builds because of one cheap strategy, while also normalizing what builds are best as a result, would have a serious negative impact on melee combat.

I agree. I believe that speed bonus should take into account your own speed more than it currently does. Right now, chasing a person who backpedals doesn't pay off much in damage without being much faster, and the chaser risks large amounts of damage taken as well. A similar occurrence happens when you are cav chasing another horse; it takes quite a few more stabs to kill even a lightly armored opponent.

Offline Riddaren

• Duke
  • Renown: 601
  • Infamy: 298
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Riddaren, Matthaus
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2013, 06:51:16 pm »
+2
Increase the time between attacks by ~25% when walking backwards.

Edit:
Maybe this shouldn't trigger instantly but after 1 second holding down the "s" key.
Once triggered you need to stay away from pressing "s" for 1 second to receive normal attack speed.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 09:10:18 pm by Riddaren »

Offline Kajia

• Earl
  • Renown: 481
  • Infamy: 36
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Kajia
  • IRC nick: Kajia_
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2013, 10:09:10 pm »
Also please, if you have problems fighting agi 2h or polearm users as a shielder, share your build and gear with us.
my build is 21/15, 7PS, 7 PT, 7 IF, 5ath, 5wm (85 1h, 130 throwing), 4shield
I mostly don't use the shield, and my melee weapon of choice is a +3 Italian sword. I wear a lordly heavy kuyak and litchina helmet.

Btw, I noticed you backpedaling and trying to outrange quite alot lately :P
there is only so much I can do with this build. I certainly don't like min-maxing, so I'm going with what's fun for me. backpedaling and footwork in general with a 1-hander w/o shield is absolutely mandatory. besides, my sword is relatively light, so I get block stunned from heavier weapons quite easily, so I actively avoid having to block.

Another point is that you have a build that allows you to oneshot kill 2-3 players with ur
lances, surely you have to sacrify something for it ;-)
Imho I don't really need to get a fast 2h freak within weapon range much to be useful - just make him waste his time keeping an eye on me an wailing on my shield.  Eventually the archers he's not cutting to pieces because I'm keeping him occupied will find it in heir hearts to turn him into a 2h hedgehog.
pretty much my tactics here. throwing before getting close, and trying to let others do the kills if I can't do jackshit with my italian toothpick.

it's just annoying that I can be beaten so easily by some 2h-guy using this sidestep, backpedal and circling stuff. and it's most of the time. maybe my best is just not good enough, but I doubt that I am a bad player. seriously if I pick up a 2-hander for fun, I can beat some of those guys, without any WP. it IS easy and getting easier with more athletics. period.

aye. you have some points.

Kajia's Workshop
(cRPG artwork showcase)

Offline sF_Guardian

• Marshall
  • Renown: 738
  • Infamy: 254
  • cRPG Player
  • In honour of Pepe the kindest baguette
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sad Hobo Guild, Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Peso, Dondergod, Hobo_loves_Pepe, Ras_Putin_the_stronk, FrenchBow_le_tarlouze, Forrest_Trump...
  • IRC nick: Peso
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2013, 10:20:18 pm »
If you have most of your build dedicated to thrown, it's just fair that melee is a bit harder for you ;-)
Your point is that you have problems with backpedaling 2H (what about Poles?) while using ur 95 lenght 1H with 5 atl.
IMO the Italian is just the wrong 1H for such a build, try ACS or NCS, this may solve some of your problems.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 10:26:32 pm by sF_Guardian »
I don't want to give a feedback to molly neither i want to ban him,I wanted to give advise high authorities to take his admin rights.Panos you monkey wrench where would u put this topic enlighten me you cancer fuck.

Offline Teddy bear

• Knight
  • Renown: 33
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Teddy_bear
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2013, 10:56:32 am »
+2
Some day I'll have the courage to start "Buff ME ONLY!!1" thread too :)