Author Topic: Why oh why are 2h and pole arms still OP?  (Read 22419 times)

Offline H4rdn3ssKill3r

• Baron
  • Renown: 107
  • Infamy: 46
  • cRPG Player
  • Crummy Wizard
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: naaaaaaaaaah
Re: Why oh why are 2h and pole arms still OP?
« Reply #75 on: May 12, 2011, 09:19:09 pm »
Stamina mechanism would stop the pointless spam, but it's not wanted by 90% of the community, whatever the reasons...

Because the majority of players ARE spammers so they beat the minority, and if the devs did implete it, it would cause soooo muchhh hattteee that you cannot imagine....
f8uasdlöadk blablablababa lbalba
^ Analogy of discussions on forums.

Offline Diomedes

• Count
  • Renown: 200
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
  • Cat
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Sootnik_Diomedes
« Reply #76 on: May 12, 2011, 09:47:08 pm »
I'm a sword and board and I do fine.  My main issue is with some oddly advantageous animations/glitches(?) with the occasional weapon, but those are bound to occur occasionally.  The bec, I think, has some sort of glitch were it appears to be drawing back for a strike when it's actually continuing the previous feint.  May just be me, though, so I don't make a big deal about it.  And hey, that's what right click is for amiright?   :wink:

Offline H4rdn3ssKill3r

• Baron
  • Renown: 107
  • Infamy: 46
  • cRPG Player
  • Crummy Wizard
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: naaaaaaaaaah
« Reply #77 on: May 12, 2011, 09:49:54 pm »
I'm a sword and board and I do fine.  My main issue is with some oddly advantageous animations/glitches(?) with the occasional weapon, but those are bound to occur occasionally.  The bec, I think, has some sort of glitch were it appears to be drawing back for a strike when it's actually continuing the previous feint.  May just be me, though, so I don't make a big deal about it.  And hey, that's what right click is for amiright?   :wink:

Happens wit hmy espeda a-lot of times if I feint too much,

It stops the swing and im like GODDAMIT SWING then suddenly out of nowhere a extremely fast swing just kills them...
f8uasdlöadk blablablababa lbalba
^ Analogy of discussions on forums.

Offline Shablagoo

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 12, 2011, 11:12:19 pm »
People like to talk about ohhhh how much skill 2h/polearms take.  It's true that they might have a high skill ceiling, but they forget that they also have the highest skill floor.  Anyone with good armor and a 2hander can mash the attack button all day long and since it's so fast and doesn't even require aim they'll get a ton of kills.  They even accidentally kill people standing behind them.  It's easy to use while at the same time allowing them to pretend they have skill because they would totally have to manual block if they ever did actually hit the block button instead of swinging wildly into crowds. 

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 13, 2011, 01:23:04 am »
Yeah, I've tried to bring the same argument and use it pro stamina mechanism, but I was only ridiculed as a noob, although I am mostly 2h myself. It is too easy to grab a long weapon, jump around a bit and never stop swinging. It also gets you fairly high in the scoreboard.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • Renown: 467
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
  • Relax, it is just a life...
    • View Profile
    • Wanna work with me? Ping for more info!
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Fapulena, Useless
  • IRC nick: Cepeshi
« Reply #80 on: May 13, 2011, 08:20:22 am »
I had triple loomed heraldic with tabard before, but still, if some friends are on and we all go full plate, its damn fun :)

And one thing I forgot to mention, as probably biggest advantage of plate armor: not that easily TKed by random idiots. Yeah, i can do quite well in low height/armor gear, but then some retard hunts frag and kills me on one hit...that barely happens in plate.

But back to the topic, i was last testing range of thrust before the big patch, and swords seemed to have greater reach, dunno how it is now, but it happens quite often that i miss a guy with sideswing just to get hit by his polearm immediatelly (no step toward my direction, nothing like that, just stationary target)

I do not like to whine about something i can prevent with footwork or some other stuff, but from the looks of things now i seemed outranged by some polearms. But whatever, i will try polearms next gen to see for myself :)

edit: just one more thing came to my mind, i do not remember being killed by javelin over last month or so...i mean, i do not even saw many of them :)
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 08:23:10 am by Cepeshi »

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #81 on: May 13, 2011, 08:29:51 am »
but from the looks of things now i seemed outranged by some polearms.

It's about time and should have been this way from the very beginning.  Yes, it's a stupid "realism" argument, but ffs they're POLEARMS.  A guy with a spear can outdistance any 2h'd sword easily in terms of lethal effective range.
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • Renown: 467
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
  • Relax, it is just a life...
    • View Profile
    • Wanna work with me? Ping for more info!
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Fapulena, Useless
  • IRC nick: Cepeshi
« Reply #82 on: May 13, 2011, 08:49:22 am »
It's about time and should have been this way from the very beginning.  Yes, it's a stupid "realism" argument, but ffs they're POLEARMS.  A guy with a spear can outdistance any 2h'd sword easily in terms of lethal effective range.

i would not mind this if the poleaxes were high dmg/LOW speed, but currently the top tier polearms are way better in terms of dmg, and somewhat comparable in terms of speed (1 or 2 points, not a biggie), where is the balance in that?

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 55
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Corrado_the_Grey, Bodyguard_the_Grey, Sniper_IV_the_Grey, Ston3rh, Hopleet
« Reply #83 on: May 13, 2011, 02:09:25 pm »
2h are faster than 1hander

simply 1hander think that they can outspam 2h only by click click, + have shield  so 90% of  1h+shield suck

thats why in eu,  top 1hander are 5-10 ppl and        all other who top score are 2h-/pole .

if we make here a list of 100 top  player in eu crpg, 90 are 2h/pole/archer       10 are 1hander

uhm where is the cavalry?

anyway my personal list of the most skilled 1h/shielders or 1h without shield is:

- IG_Saint (don't know if still use 1h shield)
- DimaUrban
- Phazh
- LoR_The_Grey
- Kurosch
- pompom (don't know if he still play)
- UGLYBASTARD
- Legio_Lars (cold as ice. not a supereliteskilled player but many times man of the match in the shogunate tournament)

Offline _GTX_

• I <3 Shemaforash
  • Duke
  • Renown: 535
  • Infamy: 960
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • O===((:::::::::::::::>
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmarunionen
  • Game nicks: GTX
  • IRC nick: GTX
« Reply #84 on: May 13, 2011, 02:11:01 pm »
2hers are faster than 1hers quite often. It's depressing.

Yeah that explains why i get spammed when i have my mw 2h? and the fact i then pick up a 1h and can spam people easyli with 1 wpf ? yeah i see.....

BTW quit the 2h nerf chats, 2h swords sucks ass. Polearms is way better atm.

And i actually play with 2h alot, and fight against polearms and with polearms. So i know exactly what im talking about.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tomas_of_Miles

• Count
  • Renown: 263
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player
  • Inactive
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Rusty mercenary siege engineer
  • Game nicks: Something with Tomas in it
« Reply #85 on: May 13, 2011, 04:07:40 pm »
uhm where is the cavalry?

anyway my personal list of the most skilled 1h/shielders or 1h without shield is:

- IG_Saint (don't know if still use 1h shield)
- DimaUrban
- Phazh
- LoR_The_Grey
- Kurosch
- pompom (don't know if he still play)
- UGLYBASTARD
- Legio_Lars (cold as ice. not a supereliteskilled player but many times man of the match in the shogunate tournament)
Lol you forgot Kinngrimm... and Vicious...?  :P
Professional poop cleaner

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #86 on: May 13, 2011, 06:32:43 pm »
Yeah, I've tried to bring the same argument and use it pro stamina mechanism, but I was only ridiculed as a noob, although I am mostly 2h myself. It is too easy to grab a long weapon, jump around a bit and never stop swinging. It also gets you fairly high in the scoreboard.
That only works till you run into a remotely skilled player, in which case the jumping around will only make you look like an idiot as you get cut down in mid air. Stamina would change too many aspects of this game. I spent 3 of the previous 5 hours dueling one person. We were averaging 2 minute duels with our longest duels being just over 5 minutes. It was some of the most fun I've ever had in warband. So how the fuck can you balance Stamina for such a thing?
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Philoctetes

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 13, 2011, 06:40:35 pm »
As a 1H & shield user I am jumping in here to agree that 2H swing too fast, and that the 2H plate helicopters must be balanced.

Offline justjr

• Knight
  • Renown: 37
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
  • I AM THE DRAGON KNIGHT
    • View Profile
    • Just Imports
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: (former Justus_Caesar) Windrunner_of_Chaos, Dragon_Knight_, Justino, cRazY_jusTT_of_Choad
  • IRC nick: Just
« Reply #88 on: May 13, 2011, 06:46:55 pm »
Use a buckler!

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 55
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Corrado_the_Grey, Bodyguard_the_Grey, Sniper_IV_the_Grey, Ston3rh, Hopleet
« Reply #89 on: May 13, 2011, 07:09:29 pm »
Lol you forgot Kinngrimm... and Vicious...?  :P

Vicious? you mad? i said the most skilled shielders... not the most equiped.
cmon vicious can't feint, he knows only 2 attack directions. left swing and overhead.

take out his lordly plate, lordly mittens, lordly helm, lordly greaves, loomed pick and loomed steel shield... should be funny to see.