Author Topic: Backstabbed...AGAIN!  (Read 4971 times)

Offline Apollo

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 194
  • Infamy: 38
  • cRPG Player
  • The Gay Serf
    • View Profile
  • Faction: GOBBLIN EMPIRE
  • Game nicks: Apollo, Asstron_the_Assassinator
Re: Backstabbed...AGAIN!
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2013, 05:14:27 am »
You don't need to ban or anything just for future reference or something because he's rude to me.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tom Cruise

• Duke
  • Renown: 685
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
  • All I do is shitpost anymore in this game.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tom_Cruise_Dota_Fanatic
  • IRC nick: Tom_Cruise
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2013, 06:36:57 am »
+2

Offline Gawin

• Count
  • Renown: 192
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player
  • My pic ^^
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Gawin, Fallen_SantaRudloph, PR_Red_Ranger the leader of the power rangers
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2013, 06:51:50 am »
wow tanken... people really dont liked you..

Offline Tom Cruise

• Duke
  • Renown: 685
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
  • All I do is shitpost anymore in this game.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tom_Cruise_Dota_Fanatic
  • IRC nick: Tom_Cruise
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2013, 07:30:31 am »
wow tanken... people really dont liked you..

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2013, 01:42:49 pm »
Oh no the forum warrior has risen, when do i ever wear plate? A week ago, can't say i recall. I'm pretty sure you won't see more than two AoW members on at the same time unless there is a strat fight, so i guess "shitlords gonna shit"? GF shitlord bronto, king of all the shits?

Wow you owned me so hard....so....hard....what clan are you calling yourselves this week?

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2013, 06:50:39 pm »
Like I said, AoW isn't quite the clan you're thinking. While a couple of us participate in Strategus, we're not really super into it. You can throw all the insults about FCC and whatnot at us, but I don't think many of us really care. To be frank, I enjoy the company of FCC's members. They're pretty relaxed, agreeable people, which is much unlike the pseudo-intellectualism I see from guys like Canary and sometimes even you, Malaclypse.

I was simply saying that Holiday's comment about heavy armor/STR builds and a in it to win it mentality in Strategus sounds more like FCC* than KUTT (who had broken gear and who mostly weren't interested in Strat- the LL section of it was; KUTT of course had their fair share of STR fellas like Tretter, SHORTSIR, and Soss).

Then he clarified saying that he was speaking about NA 1 and NA 2 and the KUTT of old which is a fair approximation- their members over time gravitated largely to more balanced builds in Lamellar-ish tier armor, but they definitely had their heyday of heavy armor STR gravitating folk.

I wasn't thinking anything about AoW there so I'm not sure if that's meant for me, or if it is, why. Believe you me, I care less about Strategus now than I ever have.

*Heavy Yaws or Sarranid Guard Armor for the min-max factor, and two-handers with high STR stand out- not that there's any faction that's without it's STR-based heroes (those Raven shielders are pretty beefy, for example, and we had Rhaelys as a disgusting STR dick for the longest time in CHAOS though he has recently gone a more balanced route) and go-to-message-him-as-soon-as-battle-is-declared champion mercenaries like allers, but it always feels like there are quite a few folks rocking the Firebus build with that orange faction comparatively, at least when I'm on the opposite side- lots of one shots or blackbar hits against me and guys who take 5+ 6PS hits for me to kill sometimes. But that's probably less an issue with the faction and more an issue with the metagame of Strat.
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline Relit

• Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 109
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Relit
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2013, 07:35:46 pm »
+1
*Heavy Yaws or Sarranid Guard Armor for the min-max factor, and two-handers with high STR stand out- not that there's any faction that's without it's STR-based heroes (those Raven shielders are pretty beefy, for example, ...

Our shielders are almost all hybrids with at least 15 AGI. The fact that they can take a beating comes more from loomed gear than being str heavy (most are sub 21).

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2013, 08:38:16 pm »
Believe you me, I care less about Strategus now than I ever have.

Actually i don't believe you - you seem more active than you ever were before now with your golden apple corps vassalage to Occitan and owning a fief.

*Heavy Yaws or Sarranid Guard Armor for the min-max factor, and two-handers with high STR stand out- not that there's any faction that's without it's STR-based heroes (those Raven shielders are pretty beefy, for example, and we had Rhaelys as a disgusting STR dick for the longest time in CHAOS though he has recently gone a more balanced route) and go-to-message-him-as-soon-as-battle-is-declared champion mercenaries like allers, but it always feels like there are quite a few folks rocking the Firebus build with that orange faction comparatively, at least when I'm on the opposite side- lots of one shots or blackbar hits against me and guys who take 5+ 6PS hits for me to kill sometimes. But that's probably less an issue with the faction and more an issue with the metagame of Strat.

Not really getting the min-max thing you are saying - we use middle-eastern armor (been our theme for a very long time, heavy yawshawns, mameluke armor - both actually are not the best they emphasize more leg armor and less body armor than equivalent level armor (other factions use trasnitional and milanese plate whicha re actually better armor and heavier gauntlets than our mail gauntlets) and we use cav robes and sarranid guard armor)  - for min-maxing look for people maximizing their playerbase with as many hoplites and pikemen as possible as long as its the OP thing with insta-facehugging stabs (word on the street next patch will finally fix that idiocy) or have majority of their players go heavy cav builds - basically flavor of the month OP builds is min-maxing.  Can't even remember last time we even had a battle with heavy yawshawns - been reusing gear we won from other battles.

Im honestly just tired of you putting down any faction who doesn't crutch on agility spamming heroism like you do malaclypse, which is dependent on lighter armor.

P.S.  Sjimmy this shit was pretty cold.  Didn't even let him know so it could be a real battle.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2013, 08:49:54 pm by Keshian »
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2013, 08:52:27 pm »
Concerning armor: Anyone that has half their tickets with over 47(base) body armor is crutching(47 is the point where armor starts to weigh more for armor).

Can't say I don't either. +3 Red Brigs and +2 Mail, +2 Red Roman Helms....For like 3k tickets. If you don't have heavy armor you're sadly ruined. I just wish that Heraldic Mail was the baseline over all this shitty plate.

Offline Relit

• Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 109
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Relit
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2013, 09:01:31 pm »
+2
Concerning armor: Anyone that has half their tickets with over 47(base) body armor is crutching(47 is the point where armor starts to weigh more for armor).

Can't say I don't either. +3 Red Brigs and +2 Mail, +2 Red Roman Helms....For like 3k tickets. If you don't have heavy armor you're sadly ruined. I just wish that Heraldic Mail was the baseline over all this shitty plate.

Im happy with our banded armor (45 base), I like to think our armies do really well with it and it still fits within our theme restrictions. Sometimes its more important to look good than min-max the way to victory.

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2013, 09:27:22 pm »
+2
Im happy with our banded armor (45 base), I like to think our armies do really well with it and it still fits within our theme restrictions. Sometimes its more important to look good than min-max the way to victory.

My Red Brig's are nice looking when you had the Red roman helm. Looks spiffy all decked out like that.
My Normal Getup for Strat:
Heavy
(click to show/hide)

Medium
(click to show/hide)

Light
(click to show/hide)

And my peasents:
(click to show/hide)

And I do believe I just hijacked tankens thread.... :shock:

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2013, 09:31:10 pm »
+8
I was simply saying that Holiday's comment about heavy armor/STR builds and a in it to win it mentality in Strategus sounds more like FCC* than KUTT (who had broken gear and who mostly weren't interested in Strat- the LL section of it was; KUTT of course had their fair share of STR fellas like Tretter, SHORTSIR, and Soss).

Then he clarified saying that he was speaking about NA 1 and NA 2 and the KUTT of old which is a fair approximation- their members over time gravitated largely to more balanced builds in Lamellar-ish tier armor, but they definitely had their heyday of heavy armor STR gravitating folk.

I wasn't thinking anything about AoW there so I'm not sure if that's meant for me, or if it is, why. Believe you me, I care less about Strategus now than I ever have.

Mala.. Every single faction in strat uses heavy shit if they got it. And every faction in strat is full of people with more str than agi. Me, you and a few other agi guys like Gmno will always be the minority unless they drastically change this game to make agi a hell of a lot better than it currently is in strat.

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2013, 09:32:53 pm »
+3
Mala.. Every single faction in strat uses heavy shit if they got it. And every faction in strat is full of people with more str than agi. Me, you and a few other agi guys like Gmno will always be the minority unless they drastically change this game to make agi a hell of a lot better than it currently is in strat. in all game modes.

Fixed.

Offline Penguin

• Duke
  • Renown: 670
  • Infamy: 121
  • cRPG Player
  • JesusChrist
    • View Profile
  • Faction: [A]rrows Incoming!
  • Game nicks: [Y]Retreat!
« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2013, 11:34:26 pm »
+5
Actually i don't believe you - you seem more active than you ever were before now with your golden apple corps vassalage to Occitan and owning a fief.

Not really getting the min-max thing you are saying - we use middle-eastern armor (been our theme for a very long time, heavy yawshawns, mameluke armor - both actually are not the best they emphasize more leg armor and less body armor than equivalent level armor (other factions use trasnitional and milanese plate whicha re actually better armor and heavier gauntlets than our mail gauntlets) and we use cav robes and sarranid guard armor)  - for min-maxing look for people maximizing their playerbase with as many hoplites and pikemen as possible as long as its the OP thing with insta-facehugging stabs (word on the street next patch will finally fix that idiocy) or have majority of their players go heavy cav builds - basically flavor of the month OP builds is min-maxing.  Can't even remember last time we even had a battle with heavy yawshawns - been reusing gear we won from other battles.

Im honestly just tired of you putting down any faction who doesn't crutch on agility spamming heroism like you do malaclypse, which is dependent on lighter armor.

P.S.  Sjimmy this shit was pretty cold.  Didn't even let him know so it could be a real battle.

Kesh, you have a problem. You're delusional. +3 Heavy Yawshawns are 59 body armor 25 leg. It doesn't "emphasize leg armor" at all. It's literally 1 leg armor point above equivalent armors like plate armor and churburg. Nor does it lack any sort of body armor. Remember, +3 heavy yawshawns are better than unloomed milanese plate. Also what faction even uses milanese plate regularly? The only faction I've ever seen use it would be SS, but even that was only for a few battles. Transitional is certainly not better armor any way you slice it. And you last used Heavy Yawshawns 4 days ago. I don't know what this is with you trying to make it seem like your faction is just a bunch of poor farmhands who patched together some rusty old armor you found in the scrap pile out back. You have the best gear in NA by far, don't try to sugar coat it. No one buys it but the sorry souls who follow your every word.

Sorry for your betrayal by the way, Tanken, it's truly a shame.
"As you gaze upon the cross, and long for conformity to him, be not weary or fearful because you cannot express in words what you seek. Ask him to plant the cross in your heart. Believe in him, the crucified and now living one, to dwell within you, and breathe his own mind there."

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2013, 11:48:13 pm »
+2
For owning a fief (which was to be given to CHAOS initially until I goaded Canary into just letting Krosis, Saxton and I dick around with it; so if anything the GAC is a vassal of CHAOS who is a further vassal of Occitan- though that cannot be the case, because if it were Aggregate Alliance would be vassals of FCC, having been given all of that territory they hold by them- but as far as we know, based on the statements of both of those factions, that's not the nature of their relationship) I've been about as active as I need to be, and less now that it's armed and not full of naked men bought from Anders.

It's true, FCC does have their theme set, and there have been less Yaws than before. Within that theme of gear, however, you guys have no light armor at all except for what you pilfer, nothing under 9 pounds/36 armor for body gear readily used; these unused armors account for almost half of all middle-eastern themed body apparel, all of it resting on the lower end of armor (Sarranid Leather Armor- which is beautiful and I don't understand why that isn't your go-to light set with the second Desert Turban- and below). So while it's true that the faction has a theme, it definitely has the preference of heavier armor within that theme. That's an observation- an accurate one- not a judgement!

I never put down "any faction who doesn't crutch on agility spamming heroism". I said that something Holiday said about KUTT (which I assumed was in regards to Strat since this is a Strategus sub-forum but which turned out to be about their past existence in NA 1/NA 2) sounded (to me) like a more apt description of FCC. Maybe he intended to put KUTT down by saying what HE said- that doesn't mean I meant to put FCC down by redirecting his comments to them, just that I (me, here, this guy) thought it was a better description of one faction over the other. An easy mistake to make via only text communication.

Me, you and a few other agi guys like Gmno will always be the minority unless they drastically change this game to make agi a hell of a lot better than it currently is in strat. people choose to change their playstyles.

I don't think agility is under-powered and that's why people go to Strength oriented builds- I think they're pretty level for lethality and survivability (in their own ways- one by taking more hits, one by avoiding more potentially). This is a player choice thing, and it's probably influenced by a variety of factors: Strategus effectiveness, NA 1 effectiveness, versatility, fun, etc. Agility could stand to be given a very small buff (as it holds one Passive to Strength's two/three passives), but I posit that at the end of the day it's not the lack of possible effectiveness which makes people go more Strength than Agility, it's the boon afforded by extra HP and perhaps a lack of knowledge of how good 12, 15, or 18 STR can be with the right weaponry.

@ Tanken: Did you not see the post I made in your thread about this before the battle started?

Also I guess there are Flaming Katana's and Donkeys in the game now WAT 0.3.0.3?!
« Last Edit: July 27, 2013, 11:55:46 pm by Malaclypse »
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.