Author Topic: Current Map Cycle with Screenshots  (Read 7386 times)

Offline Viriathus

• Count
  • Renown: 273
  • Infamy: 23
  • cRPG Player
  • !TI SLLIW DOG
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Crusader_Alliance
  • Game nicks: Templar_Viriathus
Re: Current Map Cycle with Screenshots
« Reply #45 on: October 02, 2013, 06:21:09 pm »
I didnt even get to play the map, to be honest. I made it suposed to be archer friendly, cav friendly and melee friendly. Half of the map is open terrain, another half is a narrow gap.

It should please every type of player.

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #46 on: October 02, 2013, 10:40:32 pm »
Bounty seems to function fine to me, never noticed many people leave or complain during it either.
Also please remove Lochhaven ATS, siege maps aren't suited for battle, map is pretty much completely unplayable as cav, it's gameplay is 90% of the time whoever gets to the keep first camps until the other people charge and die.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #47 on: October 02, 2013, 11:02:08 pm »
+1
Please don't blanket put ATS "fun" maps in the rotation without looking them over first...we already have a majority of maps that are enclosed maps (i.e. city maps with lots of buildings to hide behind, and only a couple paths to go).  I stopped playing counter-strike years ago, I don't want to add more counter-strike-esque maps to crpg than we already have.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline dynamike

• King
  • Renown: 1212
  • Infamy: 187
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Let's be friends again?
    • View Profile
    • The Remnants Clan Website
  • Faction: Stratia
  • Game nicks: Remnant_dynamike
« Reply #48 on: October 07, 2013, 08:47:59 pm »
As a totally unbiased cav player I second the motion of my esteemed colleagues and kindly request every map be replaced with RandomSteppe#27

/ sarcasm

(click to show/hide)
For while the fire in the heart of a single Remnant still burns... can Stratia truly have fallen?

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 07, 2013, 09:08:20 pm »
]Get up those ATS maps because not every map has to be balanced for all classes - as long as the map rotation in total is balanced.

Bring back the fun!
Take a look at the map rotation, it is in no way "balanced"
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Teeth

• Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 07, 2013, 09:38:50 pm »
What type of maps are lacking then?

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 07, 2013, 09:49:57 pm »
What type of maps are lacking then?
Open ones, we don't even have 10 of them in there, we got plenty of nice ones submitted to the rotation, yet they aren't included.
Also, Dynamike, Lochhaven ATS is a horrible siege map, there were far more cav unfriendly ATS maps in Jackos rotations that I didn't really mind, Lochhaven sucks though.

Offline Teeth

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 07, 2013, 10:07:55 pm »
+1
Depends on your definition of open I guess, but I generally agree. I just don't think people appreciate very open maps as in devoid of any cover though, the crying is enormous everytime a random plains comes a long even when it is nice and flat. I could easily generate some nice flat random plains, maybe add a shallow river or a bunch of rocks and add those as fixed maps, as I don't like the random himalayan mountains often created by the actual random maps. Doubt most people would appreciate it though.

Open ones, we don't even have 10 of them in there, we got plenty of nice ones submitted to the rotation, yet they aren't included.
Like which? I tend to find people shy away from creating open maps as they feel its too simple or it doesn't allow them much creativity.

Offline Kato

• Count
  • Renown: 227
  • Infamy: 37
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 07, 2013, 10:09:59 pm »
+2
Pls, remove Goat Road, its worst map in current rotation.
I am sure most of the playerbase think the same (at least base on hate in chat everytime this map is on).

(click to show/hide)

Offline Kato

• Count
  • Renown: 227
  • Infamy: 37
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 07, 2013, 10:22:13 pm »
+1
Depends on your definition of open I guess, but I generally agree. I just don't think people appreciate very open maps as in devoid of any cover though, the crying is enormous everytime a random plains comes a long even when it is nice and flat. I could easily generate some nice flat random plains, maybe add a shallow river or a bunch of rocks and add those as fixed maps, as I don't like the random himalayan mountains often created by the actual random maps. Doubt most people would appreciate it though.
Like which? I tend to find people shy away from creating open maps as they feel its too simple or it doesn't allow them much creativity.

Chagan_Arslan made tons of great flat open maps, I love Tilting at windmills most.
http://forum.melee.org/scene-editing/natural-maps/

EDIT: sry for double post

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 07, 2013, 10:30:49 pm »
My definition of open maps is large open areas, with no spots unreachable with cav, no buildings forcing people into tight spots, not a large amount of ruins, and no fucking huge mountains.

Like which? Tumulus, Spring Flood, and while it is slightly  a village map, Hun in the sun.'

Also Kato, <3 u too, please remove my map btw, gonna be several months before I get a patch out I'm satisfied

Offline dynamike

• King
  • Renown: 1212
  • Infamy: 187
  • Let's be friends again?
    • View Profile
    • The Remnants Clan Website
  • Faction: Stratia
  • Game nicks: Remnant_dynamike
« Reply #56 on: October 23, 2013, 04:32:02 pm »
ATS SUPER AWESOME FUN MAPS

PM'ed Teeth with this already, but for good form and visibility:

Any updates on re-adding some ATS maps?  :)
For while the fire in the heart of a single Remnant still burns... can Stratia truly have fallen?

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 05, 2013, 06:54:33 pm »
Map people, mind stating why Tumulus or whatever it was called by Jacko was removed? I miss it like crazy.

Offline Teeth

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 05, 2013, 07:03:57 pm »
I found that the height of the hills each team spawned at caused them to be perceived as superior positions, causing people to camp them endlessly. Boring and long rounds with both teams being very hesistant to charge. The team that camped and as such lost less cohesion and stragglers to cav mostly won.

Any updates on re-adding some ATS maps?  :)
Still gotta look through the last 30 but there is very little in there that even has a chance of being added. A lot of ridiculous map designs that would not work at all and often rather poor quality visual wise. Got pretty nostalgic looking at some of them, but nostalgia wears of quickly and is not a good reason to add bad maps. Written down a few that with some adjustments could work, but don't count on much.

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 05, 2013, 07:12:51 pm »
I found that the height of the hills each team spawned at caused them to be perceived as superior positions, causing people to camp them endlessly. Boring and long rounds with both teams being very hesistant to charge. The team that camped and as such lost less cohesion and stragglers to cav mostly won.
Thanks for the info, yeah I guess it's true about 50% of the rounds had one side camping, from what I recall that side usually lost though.