Author Topic: Meanwhile on the doorstep of Fisdnar...  (Read 11783 times)

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
Re: Meanwhile on the doorstep of Fisdnar...
« Reply #90 on: July 27, 2013, 06:23:38 pm »
+2
Read this First
(click to show/hide)

Bullshit, i tried to sell the village once it lost its value for us due to the wolves war.
Look at spoiler. You've been less than forthcoming about it.

It used to be of strategic use, since dhirim is a dangerous area, and with fisdnar we had a good distance bonus within our northern fiefs. On different times in the war the prices variate, fisdnar peasants refused to answer and even negotiate about it. They are all cool and RP about it, but arys gives BS about anything. First BS on how we have to many troops in there (butthurt?) then about me trying to sell it, i basically get "fck off we didn't prepare all this time to buy the fief, we wanna fight for it". Make up your mind arys!

Read Knutes quote listed above. Anytime someone stacks more than 4500 troops in a fief they deserve to be drawn and quartered. It's a problem and it's right to be yelled at for doing it. Acre(NA faction) did this, but they (I guess) worked out a deal to allow attacks on castle rather than the do anything to win mentality I see in EU(more often).

It's only normal troops are in the fief, when the fpof attacked, ujuki got out of his fief with 120 or so troops, then you attacked him and booted him away. How did you imagine lowering the garrison size that way?

As said before, complete fisdnars army is the work of 1 man, that we gave a village  to protect for trade purposes, and he did an amazing job defending it. I know invading EU with horrible ping and with that a weak roster is frustrating, but don't blaim the apostates for that, you knew what you would get when you planned the attack.
BTW I'm not a FPoF memeber. Arys is a TS admin in our TS, but I rarely play(haven't much the past week due to procrastinating on a school project) I won't comment here. I do talk, but I am not privy to their affairs.

I tried to be nice to the fpof and they all but 1 made this into a great roleplay war over their home town. Arys just rages rather quick.
Heh, agreed on this. He's had his admin revoked in TS before he goes into his huge drinking binges. Otherwise...bad things happen

Yea Think I rambled a bit.  Either way, hopefully people rally to the cause and Join in the glories of Fisdnar.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Knute

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 682
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Peasants of Fisdnar
« Reply #91 on: July 27, 2013, 08:15:59 pm »
+15
There has been too much violence. Too much pain in this thread. But I have an honorable compromise. Just walk away. Give us your troops, the S&D, the gold, and the whole village, and we'll think about sparing your lives. Just walk away and play the games you bought on the Steam sale. Just walk away and there will be an end to the horror.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #92 on: July 27, 2013, 08:44:48 pm »
+1

Read Knutes quote listed above. Anytime someone stacks more than 4500 troops in a fief they deserve to be drawn and quartered. It's a problem and it's right to be yelled at for doing it. Acre(NA faction) did this, but they (I guess) worked out a deal to allow attacks on castle rather than the do anything to win mentality I see in EU(more often).

To be fair you need to keep troops in a fief or bleed enormous amounts of gold in upkeep -a cre had only one castle so where else do you expect them to keep it when they are not marching them in armies, just like you keep majority of your troops in your castle anders.  The apostates had tried to get the fief owner to bring the troops over to where they were needed, from what i understand he was recalcirant to give up the troops he had been steadily adding for months. 

Also, im just glad last night's battle was decent despite the horrible time slot it was 34 v 34 most of the match, much better than having something stupid like 40 v 25 because of a horrible attack time - not how the game is supposed to be played/won.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
« Reply #93 on: July 27, 2013, 08:48:55 pm »
To be fair you need to keep troops in a fief or bleed enormous amounts of gold in upkeep -a cre had only one castle so where else do you expect them to keep it when they are not marching them in armies, just like you keep majority of your troops in your castle anders.  The apostates had tried to get the fief owner to bring the troops over to where they were needed, from what i understand he was recalcirant to give up the troops he had been steadily adding for months. 

Also, im just glad last night's battle was decent despite the horrible time slot it was 34 v 34 most of the match, much better than having something stupid like 40 v 25 because of a horrible attack time - not how the game is supposed to be played/won.

True, upkeep IS cheaper, but I mentioned, specifically, the abuse(or however you wish to define it) of the 1/3 rule.  Wish more factions would do what Acre's done. Make the battles not waste troops because of timer.

Offline Pajamawocky

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Pajamawocky
« Reply #94 on: July 27, 2013, 09:32:00 pm »
+4
For the good thing! And Northern Perch!

Offline Turkhammer

• Earl
  • Renown: 376
  • Infamy: 194
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 28, 2013, 12:23:27 am »
For the good thing! And Northern Perch!

Come back to the fray Pajama.  There's still a peasant's hovel with your name on it in the Uslum refugee camp.  Help us put it on one in Fisdnar!

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
« Reply #96 on: July 28, 2013, 01:18:05 am »
Let me just get my Drama Lama so I can ride around pointing.

You know they should add a drama lama to the horses give it 10 speed and 10 manurer.

But lets all be nice kiddies, come now, tis best for the funnening!

----

Troop BS:

Personally I don't hold it against the Mercs. I think it's a broken system that is mostly being used as intended. What chadz and Co. should have done is set the 1/3 rule in play but once you cross the the 1300 troop threshold it goes out the window and you can attack anything. That would have made more sense.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2013, 01:21:12 am by FRANK_THE_TANK »
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline Haboe

• King
  • Renown: 1090
  • Infamy: 331
  • Born with a shield on my back. Difficult birth.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Haboe
« Reply #97 on: July 28, 2013, 04:34:08 pm »
There has been too much violence. Too much pain in this thread. But I have an honorable compromise. Just walk away. Give us your troops, the S&D, the gold, and the whole village, and we'll think about sparing your lives. Just walk away and play the games you bought on the Steam sale. Just walk away and there will be an end to the horror.

I lost track of who i talked to, but thats exactly what we wanted to do ;)
But ofc if our members get attacked when they wanna go there, or leave fisdnar, there is not much moving of troops done  :mrgreen:

Btw, fisdnar is currently one of the lowest garrisoned fiefs we have, we simply don't hold the fiefs to spread them out over ^^
As for us not taking them out, i don't mind if that goes for the enjoyment of more battles vs a clan like fpof. However, you insist on attacking at very early/ very late time for me and any of my members. The NA/EU border is there for a purpose.

Offline Kelugarn

• Marshall
  • Renown: 936
  • Infamy: 79
  • #̪͎̳̭̰͓͙ͯ͗̇͘ͅͅ1̢ͨ̈̆̓ͮ͐̌͏̪̦͓̣ ̽̇ͫ҉̸͕̻͙͖̮̹ͅN̡̥̭͖͙ͮ͊͡
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Froyo The Wizard
  • IRC nick: #FreeArys2012
« Reply #98 on: July 28, 2013, 07:37:36 pm »
+6
We'll try and launch our next assault at a better time, obviously the last one didn't work out for anyone. As for the Fisdnar garrison, when we attacked it had enough troops to be tied at 4th/5th largest at the time. Even after two assaults it's still more heavily defended than quite a few of your northern fiefs.

If you really want to abandon the fief then take all the gold and troops out that you can and have uJuKi walk out the door. I'm sure it's more than a little annoying to be facing such a large EU threat and then have some drunken NA peasants come and start dying all over your village, I can only assume the mountain of bodies is what's stopped you from marching out at this point. If you leave today you can go take them somewhere important like Wercheg or one of those other fiefs we don't have in NA.

Just give it up and it could all be over.

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
« Reply #99 on: July 29, 2013, 10:23:16 am »
+1
That's too defeatist for my liking Froyo ma boyo!

LET EM BURN!!!

We always take Fisdnar red army style!
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline Haboe

• King
  • Renown: 1090
  • Infamy: 331
  • Born with a shield on my back. Difficult birth.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Haboe
« Reply #100 on: July 29, 2013, 12:16:15 pm »
We'll try and launch our next assault at a better time, obviously the last one didn't work out for anyone. As for the Fisdnar garrison, when we attacked it had enough troops to be tied at 4th/5th largest at the time. Even after two assaults it's still more heavily defended than quite a few of your northern fiefs.

If you really want to abandon the fief then take all the gold and troops out that you can and have uJuKi walk out the door. I'm sure it's more than a little annoying to be facing such a large EU threat and then have some drunken NA peasants come and start dying all over your village, I can only assume the mountain of bodies is what's stopped you from marching out at this point. If you leave today you can go take them somewhere important like Wercheg or one of those other fiefs we don't have in NA.

Just give it up and it could all be over.

I don't have enough guys here to carry the stuff. I lost track, but we are at war with about 8 factions, so my guys barely get to step out of the fiefs   :P

Maybe a few more battles, take it down to 1500-2000 and he can walk away  :mrgreen:

Offline Kelugarn

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 29, 2013, 09:23:00 pm »
I like the sound of that, a few more fights and something will be better than nothing.

Offline Havoco

• Duke
  • Renown: 538
  • Infamy: 102
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Hospookfans
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Havoc
  • IRC nick: Havoco
« Reply #102 on: July 30, 2013, 02:13:18 am »
Arys is muted during the rise of the donkeys? What is this madness?
Pock gobblers

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
« Reply #103 on: July 30, 2013, 03:28:59 am »
+8
Uh hm.

In the great castle of New Reindi, a cool wind was blowing. Summers long heat was just ending for the day. A lone, barely clothed peasant had finally reached the castle. After months of trekking through the treacherous snow lands, across the grand Crusader Mountains, he reached his goal. Having finally reached his destination, he collapsed from the stress of the journey near the Great Melons Inn. The patrons of this Inn, feeling sorry for the poor man, brought him out of the castles traffic. With his life saved by the generous benefactors, he told his story of a great army of Apostates, who forsook the great Donkey's teachings have captured and burned the ancestral home of the Free Peasants. He told stories of the pissing on the straw beds, the eating of the cabbages, and the most heinous the donkey "tickling."

This story gravely upset the patrons the the Great Melons Inn, so much that not even the the melons started to deflate. The story of this heinous act brought many brave men in front of the Great Mercenary Lord. They asked for him to muster the army to help save these poor peasants and the lords most precious creation: the donkey. The Lord, being weary of the blood lusts common amongst Dharans, called upon the brave men of the Free Dharan Lands to join his banner for a Blood Fued. With the story being spread far and wide, 1200 Dharans answered the call. The Mercenary Lord pulled forth the peasant from between the Great Melons Patrons, and Thus said to him: "I have Asked the men of this realm, and they have outpoured wholly and fully. Thus, I give you the Army of these great people. May you Reclaim your home and prevent the donkey Tickling. May the Donkey be praised!"

Level Up: FPoF Have gained 1200 Tickets!
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 04:40:09 am by Lt_Anders »

Offline Kelugarn

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 04, 2013, 03:42:48 am »
+4
We're back, and we've come to lower you property values and wreck your neighborhood. Be prepared Mercs, another filthy peasant horde is on the horizon.