Author Topic: RE: Admin Transparency  (Read 6739 times)

Offline HarryCrumb

• Earl
  • Renown: 339
  • Infamy: 68
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: RE: Admin Transparency
« Reply #75 on: July 21, 2013, 09:29:31 pm »
Actually, the only people that need to take a look in the mirror are those who take this game so seriously that they have taken out the fun aspect of it. They have turned it into a grind where the only satisfaction they receive is rolling on a multi, and that's just wrong.

Now, before everyone starts talking about you fun is not my fun or other shit like that, at the end of the day this thread was started because someone lost a multi. I don't know about you, but I have just as much fun playing at x1 as I do at x5 and if I happen to lose my multi, I just keep on playing. Hell, I try more at x1 so I can get a x5 in 3 rounds (gotta love dat valour).

If the point of this thread was to expose the fact that admins are inconsistent, I'm not sure anyone who has played the game for longer than a couple weeks that does not know this. Considering that I'm playing this for free, and the admins are volunteers who also want to play the game and not just police it, I'm fine with the inconsistency. Never been banned, never gotten anyone banned. Just play the game, forget about the multi, and your chance of developing an aneurysm will drop dramatically.

You completely misunderstood what the OP is speaking of. Glad you could explain how much you love to play the game. I too enjoy playing the game much more than spectating the game. The OP is pointing out how the current amount of bro-coders on NA_1 recently has made the game you seem to love so much to be much less enjoyable sadly. I don't want people to get banned, I just want people to stop doing it. It isn't funny. It isn't cute. It is simply just wasting everyone on the servers time when people bro-code.

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #76 on: July 21, 2013, 09:51:03 pm »
Sometimes people will bro code me from the other team by blocking up or hopping around or whatever, instead of attacking. I just rush them down and plant some steel between their ribs.

War. is. WAR

Also the only time I am transparent is when I have cast sphere of invisibility or greater night veil. My unique dagger "Spine Slave" (+3, 5-7 poison damage on strike, 30% poison resist) has a 1% chance to cast shadow dance after a kill, but that rarely comes up and shadow dance is more of a teleport spell than an invis spell. So...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline Swaggart

• Earl
  • Renown: 481
  • Infamy: 92
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 21, 2013, 10:07:00 pm »
You completely misunderstood what the OP is speaking of. Glad you could explain how much you love to play the game. I too enjoy playing the game much more than spectating the game. The OP is pointing out how the current amount of bro-coders on NA_1 recently has made the game you seem to love so much to be much less enjoyable sadly. I don't want people to get banned, I just want people to stop doing it. It isn't funny. It isn't cute. It is simply just wasting everyone on the servers time when people bro-code.

You sure that was the point? All he did was ask different admins questions and wrote down their responses.

Bro-coding happens maybe 5% of the time on the server, and quite frankly, when you have a mounted ranged the last person alive it delays the rounds so much more than bro-coding.

Offline HarryCrumb

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 21, 2013, 10:13:20 pm »
You sure that was the point? All he did was ask different admins questions and wrote down their responses.

Bro-coding happens maybe 5% of the time on the server, and quite frankly, when you have a mounted ranged the last person alive it delays the rounds so much more than bro-coding.

Apparently you just didn't read the initial post then.

If you don't like people delaying games then you have to understand the frustration that Wrang is showing in his OP. He took things slightly further in regards to admin discrepancy but the situation that inspired his post was having to do with bro-coding.

Offline Swaggart

• Earl
  • Renown: 481
  • Infamy: 92
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 21, 2013, 10:14:58 pm »
Yes I know that was the reason behind the thread - he lost his multi.

Offline SirCymro_Crusader

• King
  • Renown: 1095
  • Infamy: 134
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 21, 2013, 10:26:38 pm »

War. is. WAR

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #81 on: July 21, 2013, 11:54:27 pm »
+1
Apparently you just didn't read the initial post then.

If you don't like people delaying games then you have to understand the frustration that Wrang is showing in his OP. He took things slightly further in regards to admin discrepancy but the situation that inspired his post was having to do with bro-coding.

This thread had nothing to do with delaying.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline HarryCrumb

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 22, 2013, 12:11:10 am »
This thread had nothing to do with delaying.

So there isn't a correlation between people bro-coding and delaying?

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #83 on: July 22, 2013, 02:08:44 am »
So there isn't a correlation between people bro-coding and delaying?

There isn't a correlation between bro-coding, delaying, and this thread.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline Havoco

• Duke
  • Renown: 538
  • Infamy: 102
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Hospookfans
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Havoc
  • IRC nick: Havoco
« Reply #84 on: July 22, 2013, 02:48:33 am »

Can bro-coding be against the rules? Yes, in some cases. I'll use a scale of examples to show what I mean.

• Not against the rules: seeing an opponent you wouldn't like to fight on one end of the battlefield, moving to the opposite side.
  • Not against the rules: seeing a friend of yours in a row of enemies facing your row of teammates, choosing not to move over to attack him.
  • Not against the rules: running away from a specific opponent, as long as delaying rules do not apply.
  • Borderline, probably doesn't warrant admin action: choosing not to chase a player on the opposite team who is moving to attack your teammates without being contested.
  • Borderline again: choosing to stay out of a fight against someone on the enemy team, such as the last player alive, when he's fighting some of your teammates. (unless you're the last person alive on your team, and possibly if there's only one or two others on your team)
  • Light rule breach (merits warning at least): coming into contact with a friend on the opposite team, acknowledging but refusing to attack him to allow him access to fight your team unhindered. *this is the example as per the ban request, I think
  • Breach of rules: blocking your teammates from being able to attack a player on the opposite team (also includes griefing rule).
  • Breach of rules: attacking teammates for trying to attack a player on the opposite team (also includes intentional teamwounding rule).

Is something like this posted for all admins or players to see? JW, because it seems like the rules are pretty vague. It would be great to see more rules covered so thoroughly in this manner.
Pock gobblers

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #85 on: July 22, 2013, 05:23:14 pm »
I love how the moment he brings up a really good point you fucks change the subject to asinine gifs. Good fucking fight cRPG community. Good fucking fight. 

Edit: The admins are doing a fine job, but you people need to take a good hard look in the mirror.

To be fair I only read about 1/5th of this thread, and some of the other one/s he created.  He's collecting admin responses...he's taking it way too far.  I agreed with his initial point, that bro-coding at the end of the round happens too often, and nothing is done about it. 

But sometimes you just need to let it go man.
 - Stolen from Macropussy