Author Topic: Wolves point of view  (Read 13558 times)

Offline GRANDMOM

• Marshall
  • Renown: 920
  • Infamy: 140
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GRANDMOM
Wolves point of view
« on: July 15, 2013, 01:34:19 pm »
+26
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Wolves view Of the Situation
- And why we attacked the Mercs -

Short version, not to be taken to seriously
(click to show/hide)

There has been some discussions in  the forums about different things concerning this war, we would like to describe it from our point of view without flaming or whining. This is not intended to be an excuse, cause we are not saying we are sorry for the attacks we have made the last week. We are not trying to blame anyone for it, we will stand by our decision to start this war and take the consequences that will come of our chosen path, should it render us wiped then be it. Several players in different clans will have other views of this, they will probably flame and whine but not in here, this will be a locked thread.

Risens and the Bros (Steel Axis)declared their independence and at the same time they attacked the Wolves. For us this was where it started. Others will say that it started with Kinngrimm conspired to attack the mercs, they might be right about that, we (current wolves) dont exactly know, some will say it started in some previous strat when Kinngrimm backstabbed someone, Teutensuppe will probably claim that it started when Kinngrimm was born....To the current Wolves - it started at this day.

Mercs chose to support the Steel Axis in this war and began to attack us. Blackfists (current conquistadores)joined in aswell and from nowhere we were at war with one of the largest Clans on the map, another clan who just betrayed us and Blackfists. At this point Kinngrimm left the game completely. And as he was a leader managing everything from top to bottom (diplo, trade, gear, troops etc) we had no clue about anything or what to do next, who to trade with, where to get gear and so on. Mercs gave us an ultimatum - take all your things and leave the snowlands and we wont wipe you. We took a vote in the clan, and the vote came out 34-2 for staying and fighting, so we did.

Kapikulus, Pantheons, Ecorcheurs and Cotgs stood by us even though at first glance it looked like we were going down with a bang - we will allways be thankful for that support. I remember the first meetings we had in the teamspeak and things were looking very grimm. No leader, no experienced commander, no experienced strat coordinator, no trade coordinator and no armies ready. And we had incoming Merc armies at our doorstep.

We managed to fend off the first incoming armies, while getting ourselfs organised, and what I found at that point was that members were pissed of and worked day and night to make this defence work. Teamspeak hadnt been so full at anytime before during my time in the Wolves. We came together, as a team, where lots of people took responsability and not sitting around waiting to get orders.

Peaceoffers came after about 2 week (not sure when)and a couple of sieges of Slezkh Castle that we managed to fend off. Peaceoffer was that we should be relocated to an other part of the map and we wouldnt get wiped, there were talks about offering us some DRZ fiefs once they were taken (they still arent btw), again we took a vote and the resultat was similar to the first one. So we stayed and fought on.

We talked to Rogue and Casimir during this time, explaining again and again that the only ones benefitting from this war was the Greys, (which at least I, up to that point had been fighting since I started playing strat) and that The Wolves (current Wolves that is)were being pushed to sooner or later side with the Greys. Im sure they did their best to solve the situation but the war just went on. Still Mercs didnt take anything when they attacked, but we lost troops and so did they. So we were attacked by the east, and at the same time we were massively supported by the west block, I am not saying they did it out of pity, ofc they saw an oppurtunity to kill mercs without having to spend armies or resources on it. At this point we were closer to our former enemies than to our former brothers, yet we were still as a clan set on getting back on track, solving the situation and keep on fighting the Greys as soon as the war was over. During the war we didnt even make an effort to attack the Mercs, we made perfectly clear that we were just defending ourselfs

But time went by, the war lasted 4-5 weeks and finally a peace was struck, we all agreed on peace and that Coalition/Templars would guarantee the peace - meaning if anyone should brake the peace they would attack that clan and wipe it. We had managed to keep our fiefs and lost nothing to the Mercs during this war. We were set n keeping the peace treaty at this point. Then Kapis broke the peace, and we still stayed out of it though it was a hard decision to make. Then we noticed that Mercs tried to make fun of us, saying that we were cowards and that they owned us, then the attacked Cotgs and we let it pass. Basically, several of the Mercs were acting really bad towards our members and that didnt help the situation. At this point most of us really didnt feel anything but an eagerness to get some good old payback sooner or later when we had grown stronger and the oppurtunity was right. The actual decision to attack the mercs was made when Ginger came into our teamspeak and openly threatened Overlord, he wanted us to give him 20% of the 4k army we had just aquired or he would attack it. We cleared that up with Haboe (which btw was the only one that seemed reasonably interessted in making things work between our clans during the peacetime), but the decision was made then and there.

Greys started to move on the Dhirim area and made some good progress, and it seemed they were there to stay. So we started working on a plan to get back at the Mercs since the oppurtunity was right, we prepared the plan and also made the neccessary contacts with other clans and involved them also. So one week ago we started marching north from Khudan with 12 armies, plan was to take Rivacheg and Bulugha in the first few days - which we did, also when Mercs moved north on us the clans in the Tihr area would cross the river at Sargoth and lay siege to it.

The last week, since we started attacking last monday, several small/medium clans have offered support in this war or asked to be a part of it, we welcome them and will support them in any way we can, we have no claims on any fief owned by the Mercs, anything is up for grabs so they are all welcome. The North is pretty unprotected so welcome to visit Vezin, Ruvar or any of the other villages - you have our support up there. AND, unlike before we dont rule the small clans, they own their fief and we dont demand anything back from them - Regnum Novae know this, Valdian in Slezkh Village and Poland/Lithuania also - talk to Gods of War in Tismirr they will say the same thing, Pantheons have their village to themselfs, we dont controll these clans and we wont in the future either.

Coalition, during the war they sided mostly for the Mercs in battles, but some of them was on our side definately. I have no problems with them but I also have no illusion that they wont come for us eventually.

Templars, to lots of guys the biggest problem for them with attacking the Mercs was that relations would get worse or even nonexistent with the Templars. Dont know your stance in this, but I guess we will talk eventually. Like the coalition I guess you will be hostile to us aswell, allthough to far of to really get involved perhaps. 

Im sure that the Mercs have nice guys in the their clan, like all clans have, and that its only luck or chance that made me join the Wolves when I did, I could have just as easely applied for the Mercs when I started playing. Your enemy could be your best friend if the circumstances were different. This is our point of view, or at least mine - but It I think most of our clanmates would agree to the larger parts of this.

So, we have planned this on our own together with the other small clans that are involved, Greys didnt put us up to this which is the merc-version of it. But like they say, the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Virtual Cookies to all of you out there!!!
-GRANNY

And finally I quote Niemand for the real reason for war - "This is NOT a trading simulator!"  :mrgreen:

We're working on something cooler than a blog.

Offline GRANDMOM

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Wolves point of view
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2013, 01:48:11 pm »
+1
Lets open it anyway - let the flaming and whining begin  :mrgreen:

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2013, 01:49:28 pm »
+5
I don't think enough threads have been made, need 3 more.

Offline Haboe

• King
  • Renown: 1090
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Born with a shield on my back. Difficult birth.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Haboe
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2013, 01:55:14 pm »
You know you are allowed to post multiple times in the same topic huh? No need to open new ones for each tiny idea that pops up in your mind  :lol:

Anyway, last war was started by kinngrimm, he failed miserably because i got word of his plans early on, i took action, he attacked one of my guys, part of cfa refused to enforce the defence pact since he first took action, steel axis already pissed at wolves, ecorcheurs stayed neatral, wolves only had kapi left by their side, kinny GTXs gaming.

Granny butthurt, Granny seeks refuge in Hetman's lap, lots of xp for everyone.

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2013, 02:15:44 pm »
+18
A worthwhile thread that clarifies some of the goings on and reasoning. People complaining about diplomacy threads in the diplomacy section are idiots.
Turtles

Offline Strudog

• Marshall
  • Renown: 922
  • Infamy: 361
  • A Dog
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Britfag
  • Game nicks: Strudog
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2013, 02:17:31 pm »
A worthwhile thread that clarifies some of the goings on and reasoning. People complaining about diplomacy threads in the diplomacy section are idiots.

Yet half of it is not true

And plus thank you for refuelling my desire to get back into strat,
This is the internet.
Men are men
Women are men
Little girls are FBI agents.
Those are the rules no?

Offline Casimir

• King
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2013, 02:19:12 pm »
+7
Then please enlighten us to what is untrue, or find someone capable of doing so.

Simply saying its a lie without proof is nothing but flaming.
Turtles

Offline Strudog

• Marshall
  • A Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2013, 02:21:09 pm »
Then please enlighten us to what is untrue, or find someone capable of doing so.

Simply saying its a lie without proof is nothing but flaming.
You know you are allowed to post multiple times in the same topic huh? No need to open new ones for each tiny idea that pops up in your mind  :lol:

Anyway, last war was started by kinngrimm, he failed miserably because i got word of his plans early on, i took action, he attacked one of my guys, part of cfa refused to enforce the defence pact since he first took action, steel axis already pissed at wolves, ecorcheurs stayed neatral, wolves only had kapi left by their side, kinny GTXs gaming.

And what he states is the absolute truth because he wrote an essay on it?
This is the internet.
Men are men
Women are men
Those are the rules no?

Offline Tomas

• Marshall
  • Renown: 718
  • Infamy: 217
    • View Profile
    • Fallen Brigade Website
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Tomas
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2013, 02:23:57 pm »
+8
I read it all and have to say that i am extremely disappointed that "THERE RISENS MERCS KAPIKULUS WE PEACEOFFERS WE BUT GREYS THE COALITION TEMPLARS I'M SO" does not make any sense.

Therefore i award this thread only 3/10 for poor effort :D

Offline Vovka

• King
  • Renown: 1174
  • Infamy: 240
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Vovka
  • IRC nick: Vovka
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2013, 02:26:17 pm »
TL;DR.

Who even cares?  :mrgreen:
what? why that random guy from spam thread spam in diplomat thread  :P

Offline Casimir

• King
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2013, 02:27:50 pm »
+5

Did I say its an absolute truth or are you putting words in my mouth?  Its an insight that brings clarity to motivations, its written from their point of view so of course its not objective.

Simply having a different point of view doesn't mean what the other person is saying is a lie.
Turtles

Offline ProLuX

• Knight
  • Renown: 37
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fenris_Green_Fresh_
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2013, 02:29:26 pm »
+3

rage post again ...... why dont you say something like "ok thats your point of view", but NO you should post something like bla bla kinngrimm failed miserably because bla bla ..... kinny rage quits gaming .. ok. From where you know that kinngrimm rage quited the game can you tell me ??

Offline ProLuX

• Knight
  • Renown: 37
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fenris_Green_Fresh_
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2013, 02:33:02 pm »
+2
Yet half of it is not true

And can you tell me what is not true here ??

Offline GRANDMOM

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2013, 02:33:08 pm »
+3

Facts that can be verified:

Steel axis first attack in Wolves
When: 2013/04/27 07:06 until 07:43
http://c-rpg.net/index.php?page=strategusbattlesarchive#!?page=strategusinfobattledetail&id=3447

Mercs first siege to Slezkh castle
When: 2013/04/27 19:55 until 21:15
http://c-rpg.net/index.php?page=strategusbattlesarchive#!?page=strategusinfobattledetail&id=3454

So, an attack on a very large Wolf army by the Steel axis and later the same day Mercs siege a castle? If those two clans havent been talking before this day and planning this together - Id be more than surprised - so the War was in fact planned by the mercs before hand.

Offline Strudog

• Marshall
  • A Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2013, 02:33:51 pm »
Am i not allowed to point out that he is lying? When there are clear facts that Kingrimm started the first war and he posts above that we started it, is not a point of view, he is trying to make the Apostates look like big bullies when they forced it upon themselves, so there actions from that point on are totally unjustified and all based on wrong facts
This is the internet.
Men are men
Women are men
Those are the rules no?