Author Topic: War on Apostates  (Read 55661 times)

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
Re: War on Apostates
« Reply #240 on: July 22, 2013, 02:06:08 am »
+5
Note: i don't give a shit about strat, i just think you're chatting shit.
Turtles

Offline GRANDMOM

• Marshall
  • Renown: 920
  • Infamy: 140
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GRANDMOM
« Reply #241 on: July 22, 2013, 02:06:25 am »
+1
I think many have tried to point out the irrelevance of Strat, Osiris, but the message just gets lost.

Teeth and bagge for example, I got nothing against you guys, but you minus my posts when I think we already established how much effort I put into my posts in regards to Strategus. :lol:
And you know why I even post here? If you think it's because I care, then sorry to disappoint you. You guys are fucking hilarious, though, sperglording over Strategus when you barely even contribute to either side of this virtual "war". The only reason I am interested in Strat is because I get to openly trash talk after I win, or lose (god forbid?). I'm just pouring more fuel on the bonfire that is soon turning into a wildfire of hatred. That's my job, one I take pride in. Because then, maybe one day after the "us vs them" tragedy that is infesting Strat to a point where it's downright personal, you'll see the fucking joke. You're getting close, though, that much is evident.

I don't care if we lose or win, hell -- "we" is an illusion. "Beating" Strat holds no merit in the future, the only reason that it's any interesting is because the hatred that it creates spawns drama in its wake, thus in turn adding the real substance, the one thing that motivates everyone to spend time generating resources to get an edge over your enemies. If you were only interested in exp, we'd have funbattles every weekend or even friendly scrims. In the history of cRPG and Strategus, I think we've only had a few of those, and only one "faction" dedicated to funbattles, namely Pub Crawl. I really liked Pub Crawl, because it was a casual and relaxed alternative to the hormonal atmosphere you have in battles where you have those Grey cunts and Merc srsguise on each side. Naturally I prefer seriousness over being an opportunistic and ambitious cunt, but I prefer to stay out of it altogether.

Ask yourselves when you shout at people in Teamspeak for some insignificant mistake they did, is it worth it?
Sure, I've also felt like shunning some morons on our roster because they're fucking awful at this game, more worthful just acting as a meatshield than anything, but it's really hard to not care sometimes when your clanmates and allies are yelling simple instructions and seeing some people either do fuck-all or getting confused. However, that's just the way society and school raised us, incompetence breeds frustration. This is not the problem though, the problem is how much people invest their emotions into Strategus. It's sad, actually.

Especially when people like GRANDMOM make threads like these just to display their deluded sense of superiority, behind the comfort of internet with a smug smile on their faces while they receive backrubs from their clanmates and/or allies for some accomplishment done in an internet horses game.

Say whatever you want about me, I know what I've said and done in the past of my stay in this community. Chances are I'd agree with you, but you wouldn't accomplish anything. Just making this post here to clarify some things, and maybe change some perspectives. Although I think that would be asking too much of some people here.

I have to give it to you though, Diplomacy section is a seemingly endless source of amusement.

Bjord, have you ever felt the need to intimidate your opponent with utterly ridiculous words?

Even so, If you feel that your trash talking is ineffective, its probably a good idea to hold your horse a bit. Many people have built an immunity to trash talking (especially bad trash talking) and therefore it doesnt affect them much at all, especially if they are at the moment winning the game you are currently playing. If you run across this kind of person, your best call is to just shut your mouth and own them at whatever you are playing (strat). If you cannot, then stop making a fool out of yourself and go see a Justin Bieber consert.

If many people hear you talking trash and then see you lose, no one will respect you or give you cred. Also, your opponent could make fun of you (im sorry) . If you feel you are losing, stop trash talking. Continuing will only make your downfall even worse. You must be willing to put your money where your mouth is, which is an expression that means to do what you say you are going to to do (mighty hammer of doom), even when you are talking trash.

And, if you dont care about this game - try playing another  :mrgreen:

*and on a serious note - If you really would like to discuss the thoughts you describe in your post, Im up for it

« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 02:22:18 am by GRANDMOM »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

We're working on something cooler than a blog.

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • Renown: 1328
  • Infamy: 1109
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: July 22, 2013, 02:20:57 am »
I know another place where you can put your money, pup.

See? Trash talking is not about reinforcing the worth of your actions but simply to trash talk. Winning only makes it sweeter. I don't care if nobody is affected by it, if my friends can laugh in Teamspeak "Good old Bjord, never change.", then I'm happy. If you think I care whether or not you're upset, then once again, you do me too much credit.

Oh, but I do care about this game, else I wouldn't be playing it. I'm simply pointing out the fact how you're trying to blow something out of proportion. I'm not one for humility unless it's required to be taken seriously, so don't take my word for it, but you some of you (especially you) seriously lack it, which is why it's so hard for some of us not to call your bullshit posts out sometimes. It doesn't mean anyone's butthurt, it's just that you unintentionally provoke further hostility where it's not needed. And all of this stems from the deep investment of your emotions and level of care in Strategus. The sooner you realize it's just a game, the more fun it will be for everyone.

I like the general outlook of Strat at the moment, because yes it is interesting, thanks to you guys. You do deserve credit for that, make no mistake. Underdog factions unite under one cause: to wipe veteran clan Mercs & Co. I very much like that angle. Just keep it classy, man. No need for threads just because you took fiefs from us. Maybe when and if you win the war, you could make a grand, RP post like the Diplomacy section was meant for. Fuck, is that so much to ask for? Decency and modesty? :lol:

My bad english is one of the reasons i don't post on this forum, i chose to learn Breton instead of English at School and i actually try to speak and write a bit more english sentences because i want to learn it.

I ask you to moderate your words, i see more and more insults in your posts, try to treat other players with respect and civility, Thanks.

Just ignore me if it bothers you, there's an option for that if you go to your control panel.

Note: i don't give a shit about strat, i just think you're chatting shit.

Well, that's too bad. Luckily, we're on the internet and I'm afraid what you think is of little concern to me. Just like I'm sure you don't care when I say I think you care more about Strat than you would dare to admit.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 02:26:26 am by Bjord »
When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back.

Offline Casimir

• King
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: July 22, 2013, 02:37:16 am »
+1
Correct, what people say over the internet is really of no consequence. But pointless arguments are such a good way to pass the time and that is basically all strat is good for.
Turtles

Offline GRANDMOM

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: July 22, 2013, 02:43:10 am »
+1
I know another place where you can put your money, pup.

See? Trash talking is not about reinforcing the worth of your actions but simply to trash talk. Winning only makes it sweeter. I don't care if nobody is affected by it, if my friends can laugh in Teamspeak "Good old Bjord, never change.", then I'm happy. If you think I care whether or not you're upset, then once again, you do me too much credit.

Oh, but I do care about this game, else I wouldn't be playing it. I'm simply pointing out the fact how you're trying to blow something out of proportion. I'm not one for humility unless it's required to be taken seriously, so don't take my word for it, but you some of you (especially you) seriously lack it, which is why it's so hard for some of us not to call your bullshit posts out sometimes. It doesn't mean anyone's butthurt, it's just that you unintentionally provoke further hostility where it's not needed. And all of this stems from the deep investment of your emotions and level of care in Strategus. The sooner you realize it's just a game, the more fun it will be for everyone.

I like the general outlook of Strat at the moment, because yes it is interesting, thanks to you guys. You do deserve credit for that, make no mistake. Underdog factions unite under one cause: to wipe veteran clan Mercs & Co. I very much like that angle. Just keep it classy, man. No need for threads just because you took fiefs from us. Maybe when and if you win the war, you could make a grand, RP post like the Diplomacy section was meant for. Fuck, is that so much to ask for? Decency and modesty? :lol:

*WARNING* Serious post coming up *WARNING*

You know what Bjord - I like you

But, this is just trash talking from my side, and perhaps you dont get provoked or you do, I dont know. But the fact is that, these threads had their purposes, and believe me it was not to try and make us look superior :)

Trash talk IS effective, it gets on peoples nerves, it makes them angry, it makes them feel frustrated and it makes them make bad decisions. Also when on a loosing streak, which you are now, its harder to get to work and play the game right with the trashtalk ecoing inside your head. Im sure that some/most mercs have not been provoked by our trashtalk, but definately some. Has it worked to our favour? Yes, people see and read, then roster for us, offering help and so on. What we have been trying to do is to make the merc clan (which has a history of being a great clan) more "mortal" so to speak, so small clans wouldnt hesitate as much in joining the war against you.

Belive it or not, I would have had no problem, in the next strat, actually I would find it interessting, to fight alongside any of my enemies this strat. I wouldnt have a problem with it, I play strat to have fun, and to help my team to win, just like a soccer game.

Its not like all Mercs are like this and that, or all woves are like so, all greys do that or all Coalition is this way. This is bullshit of course, we are all guys from different parts of the world playing teh same game and what made us join or start different clans is mere luck or chance.

Like I said before, Im sure some mercs are good guys, just like some greys are good guys and so on.

But this strat we have a goal and you know it, if we dont succeed well then be it, we would have had fun and hopefully you would have to

Well, back to trashtalking in the next post...no more of this BS :)

Offline bagge

• King
  • Renown: 1056
  • Infamy: 275
  • cRPG Player
  • Duke of Poland
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: bagge
« Reply #245 on: July 22, 2013, 02:47:07 am »
+2
I'm an asswipe because your feelings got chipped, that's understandable.

No Bjord, you're an asswipe cause you lack manners.

Oh well, everyone matures eventually, even asswipe kids.
I hope you guys get some sort of sticky balls deseases and smell like my armpits, sorry excusese for nolife fucking cunts you are.

Offline GRANDMOM

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: July 22, 2013, 02:57:46 am »
+1
Bjord? Bjord?? Come back!!!! Without you here I cant verify my own existense, or make me the big superior strategic monster Granny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline GRANDMOM

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: July 22, 2013, 03:02:27 am »
+1
Three down  8-)

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: July 22, 2013, 03:05:30 am »
Correct, what people say over the internet is really of no consequence. But pointless arguments are such a good way to pass the time and that is basically all strat is good for.

When you put it that way, this whole community and its forums are redundant. Much like almost everything is pointless in the grand scheme of life.

Yet we linger, often to make our voices heard, as if people would truly take to heart the things we write here.

I don't expect everyone to take my posts seriously, obviously that train passed long ago and my credibility is long reduced to what my reputation reflects. Still, there are some who care and as long as some do, I'll continue making my voice heard. Even if it's resented by some, especially those who look at my posts and think "asswipe". That, and because you wouldn't understand half the things I find amusing. :lol:

So you say I chat shit yet some would beg to differ, just like I say you chat shit yet some would beg to differ. Opinions, bro, everyone has one.

*WARNING* Serious post coming up *WARNING*

You know what Bjord - I like you

But, this is just trash talking from my side, and perhaps you dont get provoked or you do, I dont know. But the fact is that, these threads had their purposes, and believe me it was not to try and make us look superior :)

Trash talk IS effective, it gets on peoples nerves, it makes them angry, it makes them feel frustrated and it makes them make bad decisions. Also when on a loosing streak, which you are now, its harder to get to work and play the game right with the trashtalk ecoing inside your head. Im sure that some/most mercs have not been provoked by our trashtalk, but definately some. Has it worked to our favour? Yes, people see and read, then roster for us, offering help and so on. What we have been trying to do is to make the merc clan (which has a history of being a great clan) more "mortal" so to speak, so small clans wouldnt hesitate as much in joining the war against you.

Belive it or not, I would have had no problem, in the next strat, actually I would find it interessting, to fight alongside any of my enemies this strat. I wouldnt have a problem with it, I play strat to have fun, and to help my team to win, just like a soccer game.

Its not like all Mercs are like this and that, or all woves are like so, all greys do that or all Coalition is this way. This is bullshit of course, we are all guys from different parts of the world playing teh same game and what made us join or start different clans is mere luck or chance.

Like I said before, Im sure some mercs are good guys, just like some greys are good guys and so on.

But this strat we have a goal and you know it, if we dont succeed well then be it, we would have had fun and hopefully you would have to

Well, back to trashtalking in the next post...no more of this BS :)

I suppose we have different ideas of trash talk. I see it for what it is, while you see it as a means to win favour and support, a strategy to further the downfall of your enemies. Which is fine, I guess. Doesn't mean I (or we for that matter) will like it, and of course, we'll protest, since it isn't "fair play". Showmanship belongs on the battlefield, not the forums. You'd win far more favour (even from us) if you were more creative than resorting to the forums like a bitch hound, howling for some pounding.

In fact, I can see why you get along with the Greys so much. You want to win as bad as they, but unlike them you actually possess some creativity. Their ambitiousness and opportunistic demeanor coupled with an underdog's unyielding hunger for victory. You'll do anything to win, which is why we don't like you.

Then again, asking you to play by the rules is perhaps asking you to lose.

This war is probably a fine example of new school vs old school, you emply tactics that some of us feel are unfair while you see it as intelligent strategies. It's all relative. :wink:

No Bjord, you're an asswipe cause you lack manners.

Oh well, everyone matures eventually, even asswipe kids.

Oh I disagree, I possess very exquisite manners. I just don't divulge them unto rabble, no offense. Your lackluster posts just make me yawn, and often I make very half-assed posts during such yawns. I can see how such posts would make you irate, though. :wink:

Offline Casimir

• King
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: July 22, 2013, 03:14:54 am »
+4
Opinions, bro, everyone has one.

Yeah but mine are better.
Turtles

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: July 22, 2013, 03:15:27 am »
Yeah but mine are better.

I beg to differ.

Offline GRANDMOM

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: July 22, 2013, 03:20:49 am »
Isnt "fair play"? - so using the forums diplomacy section to gain an edge isnt fair play, have you even read the forums?

"You'll do anything to win, which is why we don't like you." - so its personal now, its not just a game anymore, well then good to know Bjord u are sad really.....

"Then again, asking you to play by the rules is perhaps asking you to lose." - rules broken? Please tell me more Bjord, about what rules we have broken, we attacked you and you couldnt defend urself - tough luck kitten

From your last post, we can all read between the lines that you have responded like a looser to trashtalk and that you are far from immune to it, even if you try hard to be a hardcase - and that if u cant take the heat of the trash talk (which u obviously cant) then please leave the kitchen in an orderly manner and go play some Gin rummy.

You are taking this so seriously, the fact that your mighty merc empire crumbled in 3 weeks from a bunch of small claners is making you whine like a 6 year old loosing a game of monopoly.

Good night Bjord, you really are a silly sod

Offline bagge

• King
  • Renown: 1056
  • Infamy: 275
  • cRPG Player
  • Duke of Poland
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: bagge
« Reply #252 on: July 22, 2013, 03:25:37 am »
+1
Oh I disagree, I possess very exquisite manners. I just don't divulge them unto rabble, no offense. Your lackluster posts just make me yawn, and often I make very half-assed posts during such yawns. I can see how such posts would make you irate, though. :wink:

I don't devote myself to my forum posts, even if lackluster posts make you yawn I don't really give a shit.

Meh, I shouldn't be arguing with you, not worth my time
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 03:29:50 am by bagge »
I hope you guys get some sort of sticky balls deseases and smell like my armpits, sorry excusese for nolife fucking cunts you are.

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: July 22, 2013, 03:36:47 am »
Again, you really think I speak for everyone? :lol:

God, it's so fucking easy to do this. All I did was add some "we"'s and such and it's on again. The "us vs them" joke.

If you read my opening post here before I went back to trash talking, you'd know I don't give two shits about how you win the war. Even less who wins the war.

But I'm sure you have set your opinion of how I'm upset about the "Merc Empire" crumbling. So yes, I bid thee good night and I'm sure you'll sleep well knowing you 'bested' me in this 'trash talking bout'. Meanwhile, I'll be enjoying my sleep as well, knowing the next episode of Diplomacy drama tomorrow is secured.

And you have the audacity to claim I don't read the forums? You're all my monkies, and I'm having you dance in my palms. Get to my level, son.

I don't devote myself to my forum posts, even if lackluster posts make you yawn I don't really give a shit.

Meh, I shouldn't be arguing with you, not worth my time

Yes, clearly your time is very precious, 3:35 AM in the morning. So many important things to do.
As I said, lackluster. :wink:

Goodnight, chimps.

Offline GRANDMOM

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: July 22, 2013, 03:40:17 am »
Again, you really think I speak for everyone? :lol:

God, it's so fucking easy to do this. All I did was add some "we"'s and such and it's on again. The "us vs them" joke.

If you read my opening post here before I went back to trash talking, you'd know I don't give two shits about how you win the war. Even less who wins the war.

But I'm sure you have set your opinion of how I'm upset about the "Merc Empire" crumbling. So yes, I bid thee good night and I'm sure you'll sleep well knowing you 'bested' me in this 'trash talking bout'. Meanwhile, I'll be enjoying my sleep as well, knowing the next episode of Diplomacy drama tomorrow is secured.

And you have the audacity to claim I don't read the forums? You're all my monkies, and I'm having you dance in my palms. Get to my level, son.

Yes, clearly your time is very precious, 3:35 AM in the morning. So many important things to do.
As I said, lackluster. :wink:

Goodnight, chimps.
Justin, getting to your level means I would have to respec  :lol:

No drama tomorrow, busy with real life m8 - u should try it sometime would do u good