Author Topic: Steam summer sale.  (Read 11791 times)

Offline Ganner

• Duke
  • Renown: 553
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The other white meat
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Ganner_of_Chaos
Re: Steam summer sale.
« Reply #105 on: July 16, 2013, 10:15:01 pm »
ug i broke down and bought skyrim even though i have it on xbox (and cant for the life of me pick it up cause i hate playing rpgs with xbox controller)

Offline pingpong

• Earl
  • Renown: 423
  • Infamy: 220
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 17, 2013, 12:03:28 am »
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot are these cards and why some people buy  them with real money? i got all tf2 class cards, 2 wispmother cards and 2 nordic ruins cards from skyrim, and i have no idea what to do with them.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #107 on: July 17, 2013, 12:13:04 am »
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot are these cards and why some people buy  them with real money? i got all tf2 class cards, 2 wispmother cards and 2 nordic ruins cards from skyrim, and i have no idea what to do with them.
I sold a few of them and now I have like 3€ in my Steam wallet or something and have no clue what to do with it :oops:

Its worth it for the continuation too ac4 which looks to be a far superior game.  Just for the story its enjoyable and if you fancy the multiplayer its alright.  performance was choppy at times.
I decided to pass this one cuz I don't think the setting is sexy. Arabic world was cool, Italy was interesting, New World not so much...

I might get Black Flag on release instead for a similar price at some key seller. Pirates are sexy again :D but thanks for the the tips, it actually helped me to decide! Appreciate it...
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 12:17:37 am by benkei »
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline pingpong

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 17, 2013, 12:15:10 am »
I sold a few of them and now I have like 3€ in my Steam wallet or something and have no clue what to do with it :oops:

wow, there must be some reason people buy these, so you get these cards when you play any steam game you have??

Offline Molly

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 17, 2013, 12:19:54 am »
Don't think it's every game but just a few selected. I know Tomb Raider and Borderlands 2 do get you different cards.

I think Djavo made quite some bucks on this one. Maybe pm him here for more details if you really wanna know...

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #110 on: July 17, 2013, 12:30:17 am »
wow, there must be some reason people buy these, so you get these cards when you play any steam game you have??

Kinda, yea. If you craft the badge FOR THAT GAME, you can get a discount coupon for another game or for a future DLC.
What do I get when I craft a badge from my Trading Cards?
In addition to getting the Game Badge itself, you'll get:

a random emoticon item created for this game, that can use in chat or discussions;
    a random profile background item created for this game, that can use on your Steam Community profile
    a chance to get a discount coupon for a different game or DLC
    100XP, which may increase your Steam Level

If your Steam Level increases, the limit on the size of your friends list will be increased by five, and potentially you'll unlock the ability to customize your profile with showcases.
http://steamcommunity.com/tradingcards/faq
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #111 on: July 17, 2013, 12:52:45 am »
I decided to pass this one cuz I don't think the setting is sexy. Arabic world was cool, Italy was interesting, New World not so much...

I might get Black Flag on release instead for a similar price at some key seller. Pirates are sexy again :D but thanks for the the tips, it actually helped me to decide! Appreciate it...

Yeah the setting was it's flaw. The cities and towns are majorly boring when compared with the others and though they tried to make up for it with the scenery, there's only so much pre-set paths along trees I could take. I was quite glad of the ability to fast travel so I could skip all the stuff in between. The story continuation was great though and the sea battles were just sexy. I'd definitely get Black Flag based on just those.

Offline pingpong

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 17, 2013, 01:19:40 am »
+3
What do I get when I craft a badge from my Trading Cards?
In addition to getting the Game Badge itself, you'll get:

a random emoticon item created for this game, that can use in chat or discussions;
    a random profile background item created for this game, that can use on your Steam Community profile
    a chance to get a discount coupon for a different game or DLC
    100XP, which may increase your Steam Level

If your Steam Level increases, the limit on the size of your friends list will be increased by five, and potentially you'll unlock the ability to customize your profile with showcases.

People are stupid.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 17, 2013, 07:57:00 am »
You get steam cards by playing certain steam games - you only get half of the cards required for the badge by playing the game - you have to trade for the rest, or buy them off steam market. Cards are over time added to new steam games as well - it started only with Half-life 2, Dota 2, CS:GO and Portal. Badges in the end basically just give you visual stuff for your steam profile - you don't lose anythiny by not crafting them.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 08:02:10 am by Vibe »

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #114 on: July 17, 2013, 12:11:43 pm »
+2
Except a bit of your soul.  Seriously you have to pay money to get a card which you craft into a badge which gives you a shiny token for your account.  Valve are turning into right money grubbing cunts.
Turtles

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 17, 2013, 12:13:25 pm »
+1
Except a bit of your soul.  Seriously you have to pay money to get a card which you craft into a badge which gives you a shiny token for your account.  Valve are turning into right money grubbing cunts.

You don't need to pay for a card. You can trade cards you get from other games, or sell enough of them on the market to buy cards for one badge of a specific game. Of course you'll not be able to complete all badges for the games you have, but you should be able to complete up to 50% badges without paying.

Of course from Valves perspective this is tax money on Steam market trades, but I wouldn't call them money grubbing cunts because of that, considering how much more greedy a company can get (EA) and how you actually gain nothing from steam trading cards, just visual stuff.

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #116 on: July 17, 2013, 12:16:53 pm »
+7
NO EXTREME POINTS OF VIEW ARE ALWAYS CORRECT!!!
Turtles

Offline Armpit_Sweat

• High Lord of the Spam
  • King
  • Renown: 1417
  • Infamy: 154
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Armpit_Sweat, My_horses_name_is_Rebecca
« Reply #117 on: July 17, 2013, 01:36:46 pm »
+6
NO EXTREME POINTS OF VIEW ARE ALWAYS CORRECT!!!

(click to show/hide)
  Spam at The Temple of Spam

Offline Lars

• Earl
  • Renown: 346
  • Infamy: 34
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 18, 2013, 12:23:57 pm »
+2
I would like to trade one Crysis 3 key (  activable with Ea origin ) + one Far Cry 3: Blood dragon key (Ubishop download) for:  Borderlands 2 ( 20,09€ on steam ) + Rogue legacy (11,19€) + Hotline Miami(4,24€)  these 3 games together cost 35,52€

Crysis 3 costs 54,9€ on Ea site, and Far Cry3: blood Dragon atm costs 11,24€ on Steam   Total= 66,14€   

"It's a deal, it's a steal, it's the sale of the fucking century!In fact, fuck it Nick, I think I'll keep it"

I'm reliable, i have  already traded Bioshock Infinite and Tomb raider with a member of this  forum, you won't be disappointed.

All games gone

« Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 11:20:09 pm by Lars »

Offline Molly

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 18, 2013, 02:14:11 pm »
I'll give my Grid 1 copy away for Monaco :D