Author Topic: Heavy armor  (Read 2822 times)

Offline Mlekce

• Earl
  • Renown: 454
  • Infamy: 367
  • cRPG Player
  • Remove kebab
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard, ex Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Mlekce, Sergius
  • IRC nick: Mlekce
Re: Heavy armor
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2013, 11:52:34 pm »
With shield it slows you down a lot. :( Had to sell mine trans cuz of low speed,without shield is fine.

Offline uwu_

• Noble
  • Renown: 17
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2013, 11:54:56 pm »
Heavy armors were expensive historicaly. But in the mod they are more shit than expensive.
If you sell all your money for an expensive armor, you cant get protection, you get only penalty.

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2013, 11:56:46 pm »
+6
you get only penalty.

and some butthurt
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Mala

• Earl
  • Renown: 412
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2013, 11:59:44 pm »
I congratulate for the heavy armors.
Can not protect, you can not move in it, and expensive as the hell. Great job!

i need a slow motion footage to see the speed difference of light and plate armour. but to be honest it depends a lot on the athletic skill. with a lot of points in agi and ath the heavy armour does not slow you down that much and with a lot of points in str and if you can absorb more hits, thats the whole trick.

heavy armour protects you, but you have to see the whole picture. with light armour, without ironflesh, i die after 1 - 3 hits, in heavy armour it takes 3 - 5 hits. so it does protecs me better that a lighter armour.

and that is why it is ass expensive (besides the fact that good armour was only affordably by rich people). because it does not hamper you that much and you survive a bit longer, everyone would use it (and this was the case before the introduction of the upkeep).

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
  • Renown: 1856
  • Infamy: 338
  • Sky belongs to Asagods as long as the raven flies.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Son_Of_Odin
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2013, 11:59:59 pm »
+3
Excuse me but you really do get protection. It's just expensive and has some downsides to it. There's a nice collection of armors to choose from that don't look like peasant gear and aren't too costly.

There is no sight in my third eye

Offline Mlekce

• Earl
  • Renown: 454
  • Infamy: 367
  • cRPG Player
  • Remove kebab
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard, ex Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Mlekce, Sergius
  • IRC nick: Mlekce
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2013, 12:04:39 am »
+6
uwu go to crpg folder and rename peasant shirt with heraldic trans,and when you wear peasant item it will look to you like tranny and you will have low upkeep and low speed penalty. :D

Offline Dalfador

• Marshall
  • Renown: 898
  • Infamy: 81
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order of the White Stallion
  • Game nicks: Dalfador
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2013, 12:06:23 am »
+1
I used chainmail for 2 years just because I didn't want to worry about transitional upkeep. Eventually I bought some transitional and I can barely notice the speed difference.

I'm 18/18 6 ATH, pure spearman.

If you feel it slows you down too much, go for medium-heavy armor, like banded armor or cuir bouilli.

Maybe some day they'll call us heroes.

Offline Prinz_Karl

• Earl
  • Renown: 383
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Fridericus_II
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2013, 12:34:35 am »
+1
Heavy armors were expensive historicaly. But in the mod they are more shit than expensive.
If you sell all your money for an expensive armor, you cant get protection, you get only penalty.

Actually the price of plate armor would then even be higher, much higher, compared to medium or low armor. It's not easy to say, but they would cost like 100 000 gold? Or more?

Offline Tojo

• Earl
  • Renown: 490
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
  • Long Live NA_1
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems, HoC, Acre, MB, HG, Beserks
  • Game nicks: _Tojo, Drew_Brees, Tijo
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2013, 01:24:33 am »

Uwu I think you are asking too much from your armor... Even though knights wore heavy plate armor they could be killed with a Rondel dagger (look it up) through a gap in their armor. The devs also made it so blunt and pierce are better for killing plate wearers than a sword. Most armors were made of metals and leather during this time period, "Shit" armor is from an earlier time period

However, it sounds like you want God Mode just open up your command console with Shift + ~. Once opened press and hold down Alt + F4 to enable the God Mode cheat

Offline //saxon

• King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • I'm just to dam goood 😎
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Saxon
« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2013, 01:30:06 am »
If heavy armour is that bad, why are pretty much all armies in strategus geared up with it? It's definitely more effective than light armour on most infantry and cavalry builds.
this. just this.

Offline brunoII

• Earl
  • Renown: 423
  • Infamy: 30
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2013, 07:35:14 pm »
I think the right balance is somewhere in between .... a body armor ..... 40-50 allows you to move easily enough, and when combined points of Iron Flesh (5-6) can collect good shots .... then if you do not like the style of these armor and want to be a trendy little boy just out of the fashion week in Milan   .... I think you should shell out the 2000 - 3000 denier of repair .... Each armor fits the style you want to use (must be correct pairing) example: ninja Khorin + light armor -Le butan + heavy armor.

Offline Elindor

• King
  • Renown: 1178
  • Infamy: 158
  • Caelitus mihi vires
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order of the Holy Guard
  • Game nicks: Elindor
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2013, 11:12:56 pm »
I find it funny that we are all offering sound logical responses to what (as far as I can tell) is a new player just spouting random and incorrect statements about armor and its pros/cons. 

uwu_  ...  all things considered, armor is pretty balanced in this game (middle tier is probably best overall in this regard).  If you are in fact new, just play, experiment with different armors/builds, and see what works for you.  Get around 5-6 Athletics and learn footwork and timing.

Also, loomed armor protects a lot more than unloomed when you consider body and gloves.
Elindor, Archon of the Holy Guard
Holy Guard Thread :HERE
Banner Shop : HERE // Map Thread : HERE

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2013, 11:57:46 pm »
uwu, you need to play more and get better before trying to change the game. The point you make simply isn't true. Transitional is just slightly heavier than the overall best balanced armor in the game. Even more importantly, a good player can stop relying on movement speed when playing as a tank (heaviest armor set, full str build), and those guys are extremely effective because of their formidable hitting power and survivability

Offline Andy

• Count
  • Renown: 274
  • Infamy: 253
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Snow_King
« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2013, 12:02:25 am »
+1
I always play in just a robe. :D

Offline Ulter

• Baron
  • Renown: 123
  • Infamy: 25
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Duke_Henry_HRE
« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2013, 12:03:05 am »
+1
Historically a knight in a plate armour was close to invincible on the battlefield. Obviously something like that would completely ruin balance of c-rpg and therefore cannot be implemented :P At the moment heavy armour works pretty well, you can especially see that when facing agility build characters or 1h with cut damage weapons. Also if it weren't effective, we wouldn't see so much of it in stategus battles :)