Author Topic: Panos permabanned again?  (Read 20390 times)

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
Re: Panos permabanned again?
« Reply #120 on: June 30, 2013, 02:35:03 am »
+7
Yeah, I think first of all people should stop insulting the devs and cmp in special. I don't think that those heavy insults against cmp will bring Panos back. If anything, the opposite will happen, and only displays what kind of people supports Panos.

Don't worry, insults from random people do nothing at all. There's only one person who can bring Panos back, and that is Panos.

Offline KaMiKaZe_JoE

• Marshall
  • Renown: 904
  • Infamy: 117
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Cavalieres
  • Game nicks: KaMiKaZe _______
« Reply #121 on: June 30, 2013, 02:43:46 am »
+4
Honestly, I think a temporary forum mute would be more appropriate. But that's just me looking at this ban out of the context from basically anything else involving Panos.

I figure that if you sperg out on the forums, you should get punished on the forums. And, there's no denying that Pano's little outburst was a total sperg. No humor, no wit, just the searing heat of wild internet fury, funny only because each and every word typed seems to have evaded Panos's internal filter.

On a related note: I find the idea of "I'm sowwy" essays astoundingly, fantastically demeaning. A public apology is fine. An essay, however,  is reminiscent of grade-school punishment. It's like being spanked in front of the whole internet. I'd rather fuck sand (or stop playing).

And cmp, I don't think Panos can bring himself back?
"I don't think I'd want to meet anyone from cRPG. Sorry no offense lol" -TG

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #122 on: June 30, 2013, 03:07:43 am »
+1
Don't worry, insults from random people do nothing at all. There's only one person who can bring Panos back, and that is Panos.

So I guess if he does something which (in your eyes) makes up for what he has done, amuses you or touches your heart deeplay so that you lose a single, manly tear, there are chances for him to come back?

Now that's a start at least  :mrgreen:
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline teale

• Noble
  • Renown: 23
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fenris_Teale, Fenris_Leach, Fenris_Leachy
« Reply #123 on: June 30, 2013, 03:25:12 am »
I know he's been banned before etc so this could be void, but when he was ranting about the new update (I know that's not the only reason you re-instated the ban) Considering pretty much everybody on this thread has said he's been well behaved this time around, couldn't you have just said 'Okay Panos you need to chill the fuck out and remember you're only playing the game because we're giving you a second (Third? Fourth?) Chance. I dunno, might just be me but I feel like he should have got some sort of warning, he was clearly raging about the update which tipped him over. A small reminder could have helped is all.

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #124 on: June 30, 2013, 03:36:19 am »
+9
This is all interesting, as we all feel very strongly for Panos here. It's a sign we are a thight knit community, but also that cRPG is pure heroin. It's like taking away the daily dose(s) from a fellow junkie. You might like him or not, he is a total bastard (like the rest of us) but our human compassion translates very easy to Imagine A World Without cRPG!

The human part in me says unban Panos. But on the other hand, it's not a very good sign to the rest to let him slip. Both those that are permabanned, perhaps for lesser things than what Panos have done, and those that will be. It could potentially create a very nasty precedence.

On the other hand, the mod is small, the community is tight, and everyone knows Panos and his case. I doubt the consequences of an unban would be that huge. What I always liked about him was that he was funny and gave from himself, good or bad.  (Comparing to others who sometimes manages to destroy the server and mood without breaking any rules..)

Now to the practicals, if in a hypotethical situation cmp asked me to unban Panos on the condition that I would have to deal with all Panos matters in the future, I'd say no way. For the admins and devs, all that stuff translates into lots of extra WORK, for just one player to have fun and be himself. I've never timed it, but an average ban probably takes about 15mins to 1 hour of dealing with complaints, proof, back and forth. And lots of interruptions. If it's a drama thing it can go on for days..  :rolleyes:

I don't personally know the detailed drama/ban/workload history of Panos, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was rather heavy. Still, if I was cmp, I'd asked the admins (not me btw) if anyone is willing to take responsibility for an unban of Panos, and all future Panos matters. Perhaps that is a solution? :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Kitten_Mittonz

• Baron
  • Renown: 97
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player
  • KbW KbW KbW #1
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Murder Boner
  • Game nicks: KbW_Jester_MB One_Handed_Hero_Fag
« Reply #125 on: June 30, 2013, 06:24:41 am »
Free ma n*gga Panos man this guy may have had a bad rep in the past but over the last few months you can notice a considerable amount of change his been contributing and helping out in events on forums etc more then alot of people here. Everyone nerd rages once and a while how is his rage any different.  :evil: :evil:

''You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don’t help.''

Offline Strudog

• Marshall
  • Renown: 922
  • Infamy: 361
  • A Dog
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Britfag
  • Game nicks: Strudog
« Reply #126 on: June 30, 2013, 08:39:24 am »
This is all interesting, as we all feel very strongly for Panos here. It's a sign we are a thight knit community, but also that cRPG is pure heroin. It's like taking away the daily dose(s) from a fellow junkie. You might like him or not, he is a total bastard (like the rest of us) but our human compassion translates very easy to Imagine A World Without cRPG!

The human part in me says unban Panos. But on the other hand, it's not a very good sign to the rest to let him slip. Both those that are permabanned, perhaps for lesser things than what Panos have done, and those that will be. It could potentially create a very nasty precedence.

On the other hand, the mod is small, the community is tight, and everyone knows Panos and his case. I doubt the consequences of an unban would be that huge. What I always liked about him was that he was funny and gave from himself, good or bad.  (Comparing to others who sometimes manages to destroy the server and mood without breaking any rules..)

Now to the practicals, if in a hypotethical situation cmp asked me to unban Panos on the condition that I would have to deal with all Panos matters in the future, I'd say no way. For the admins and devs, all that stuff translates into lots of extra WORK, for just one player to have fun and be himself. I've never timed it, but an average ban probably takes about 15mins to 1 hour of dealing with complaints, proof, back and forth. And lots of interruptions. If it's a drama thing it can go on for days..  :rolleyes:

I don't personally know the detailed drama/ban/workload history of Panos, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was rather heavy. Still, if I was cmp, I'd asked the admins (not me btw) if anyone is willing to take responsibility for an unban of Panos, and all future Panos matters. Perhaps that is a solution? :)

You admins actually do something in c-rpg? you learn something new every day
This is the internet.
Men are men
Women are men
Little girls are FBI agents.
Those are the rules no?

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #127 on: June 30, 2013, 10:27:28 am »
So I guess if he does something which (in your eyes) makes up for what he has done, amuses you or touches your heart deeplay so that you lose a single, manly tear, there are chances for him to come back?

Now that's a start at least  :mrgreen:
All he ment was "...if he buys a new key, I might not ban him straight away again."
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Mwahahaha

• Knight
  • Renown: 63
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Zero_Tolerance
« Reply #128 on: June 30, 2013, 10:47:59 am »
+1
Can we just send some money for Panos, for new game? ( I can give him 1-2 euro ) I don`t now him well, but I like how he do on strat battles, he dont do a shit, I want him back. For me he is a nice guy, he is just plays role of a rude guy.

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #129 on: June 30, 2013, 10:54:56 am »
+1
Can we just send some money for Panos, for new game? ( I can give him 1-2 euro ) I don`t now him well, but I like how he do on strat battles, he dont do a shit, I want him back. For me he is a nice guy, he is just plays role of a rude guy.

He doesn't want a new key.
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

Offline Corwin

• Earl
  • Renown: 499
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Corwin_the_Lazy
« Reply #130 on: June 30, 2013, 11:15:35 am »
+5
Maybe I should have bolded this part in the original post, because it seems a lot of people are missing it:
When you have been permabanned several times you get no leeway. If you think that's unfair, feel free to not apply it in your community.

So, its up to admins now to estimate people's "attitude in general"? This is the second time you are banning him for reasons no one else ever got banned.

I mean, what have you got to lose? You know, you come from nothing, you're going back to nothing, what have you lost? Nothing!

Offline brunoII

• Earl
  • Renown: 423
  • Infamy: 30
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 30, 2013, 11:31:41 am »
In my opinion Panos is a proper person and available ..... Panos free .... unban

Offline brunoII

• Earl
  • Renown: 423
  • Infamy: 30
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 30, 2013, 12:37:48 pm »
Prpavi where is your post? however, had borne this

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #133 on: June 30, 2013, 12:54:09 pm »
So, its up to admins now to estimate people's "attitude in general"? This is the second time you are banning him for reasons no one else ever got banned.

I think you forgot to mention that no one else ever racked up that many permabans.

Offline Riddaren

• Duke
  • Renown: 601
  • Infamy: 298
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Riddaren, Matthaus
« Reply #134 on: June 30, 2013, 12:55:54 pm »
+2
Click my signature for more of my newly made Panos signatures :wink: