Author Topic: Panos permabanned again?  (Read 19031 times)

Offline wanteds

• Earl
  • Renown: 396
  • Infamy: 133
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: polelord
Re: Panos permabanned again?
« Reply #75 on: June 29, 2013, 09:05:09 pm »
+2
No, you're not getting that right (I'm not even sure where you're getting that at all). You could say it's what made me go over his posting history, but that's about it.

Well, I'm only hearing positive stuff about his late behavior from everyone.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #76 on: June 29, 2013, 09:12:44 pm »
+1
you shouldn't do that at all.
its just retarded and have no sence

Especially when you purposefully leave out the part that explains it.

Well, I'm only hearing positive stuff about his late behavior from everyone.

Unfortunately the condition for a permaban not getting restored is "behave well in-game and on the forums", not just "behave well in-game". Panos already knew that from his previous permaban.

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #77 on: June 29, 2013, 09:16:00 pm »
+1
It comes into play after the second permaban.
To you and most people he's just a funny troll, to those of us who spent countless hours dealing with his bullshit he's way more than that. Easy to judge when you don't know/remember most of the facts.

Will you please break it down for us once and for all with all the facts, since we don't have all the facts as you say and I promise I myself I'll never ask another question about Panos ever again.
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

Offline dynamike

• King
  • Renown: 1212
  • Infamy: 187
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Let's be friends again?
    • View Profile
    • The Remnants Clan Website
  • Faction: Stratia
  • Game nicks: Remnant_dynamike
« Reply #78 on: June 29, 2013, 09:17:01 pm »
+1
I say give him credit for trying.

Even from the other side of the pond you can see that he has done some good things for the community - and active members like him are becoming sparse.
For while the fire in the heart of a single Remnant still burns... can Stratia truly have fallen?

Offline Perverz

• Earl
  • Renown: 381
  • Infamy: 180
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Barabe_Perverz
« Reply #79 on: June 29, 2013, 09:18:41 pm »
+3
look cmpx i just said baning someone in game because forum troling or whatever for me is bullshit!!!!!
BARABE:
those without the necessary properties of good in human society, coarse, vulgar and violent man, scumbags

Offline Micah

• Duke
  • Renown: 539
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Micah_Senpai_von_Krems Glance_the_Useless_von_Krems Arielle_the_little_Mermaid
« Reply #80 on: June 29, 2013, 09:20:33 pm »
I would love to agree with people who want to unban panos and are sad about the ban like me, but i cant , because ~

Panos isnt a nice guy!
Eventhough i thought i start to like him myself a bit, but on the second thought , it was mostly relief because he didnt insult me directly anymore - aswell as likey or hatey doesnt matter here at all!
Eventhought some people may think he is cool, because he insults random (or particular?) people, appearently not caring about their emotions and his own ban history, Not only in forums, also in game! Yet its correct, he did quite behave ingame ...
Eventhough he had some funny ideas in the forum and had his opinions in suggestions corner, yet often enough acompanied by strong and subtile insults and provocations towards individual people...
Eventhough i feel with him regarding his perhaps bad irl-environment and even more, because i believe he has some kind of neural disorder, making him experiance things stronger than others and causing him to go emo all the time - and i would suggest him to get some help on this matter
Eventhough he has extrovertive charm and a talent to make his friends love him and his enemies hate him, and his punishers feel guilty, and his friends are currently fanatically trying to save him from a ban against all objectivity
Panos isnt a nice guy!

Because its not okay to insult people - not like this ... and its not funny and its not cool and its not rectified, neither by having a bad irl-experiances, nor because its fun watching him do this ... there is nothing that makes it ok,including saying "grow a thicker skin in the internet" - which i find the most retarded statement in this community btw - and admins dont have to tolerate this !
You need to get this straight guys... you can have fun, but not by cost of other peoples fun, and this is what panos is propagating most of the time, regardless if he is realising it or not. And he is doing this with the help of his followers, who are also catalysing this trend ... to the disadvantage of the community and also for panos disadvantage, your own hero!
« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 09:24:09 pm by Micah »
I am writing long winded essays in shitty english.

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #81 on: June 29, 2013, 09:29:39 pm »
+7

Will you please break it down for us once and for all with all the facts, since we don't have all the facts as you say and I promise I myself I'll never ask another question about Panos ever again.

Sorry, but no. I've wasted enough time with him already and I'm certainly not gonna do it a second time to dig some old IRC logs and forum posts because you asked.
You're gonna have to take my word for it, and if you can't, that's not really my problem.

look cmpx i just said baning someone in game because forum troling or whatever for me is bullshit!!!!!

This is bullshit:
XYZ trolls on forum -> XYZ gets permabanned

This is not bullshit:
XYZ gets permabanned -> XYZ's permaban gets removed on condition that he behaves nice on the forum and in-game -> XYZ doesn't behave nice on the forum -> XYZ's ban gets restored

If you fail to see why those two cases are very different, again, that's not really my problem.

Offline darmaster

• King
  • Renown: 1398
  • Infamy: 297
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguards
  • Game nicks: Retsamrad
« Reply #82 on: June 29, 2013, 09:32:17 pm »
+1
Sorry, but no. I've wasted enough time with him already and I'm certainly not gonna do it a second time to dig some old IRC logs and forum posts because you asked.
You're gonna have to take my word for it, and if you can't, that's not really my problem.

This is bullshit:

This is not bullshit:
XYZ gets permabanned -> XYZ's permaban gets removed on condition that he behaves nice on the forum and in-game -> XYZ doesn't behave nice on the forum -> XYZ's ban gets restored

If you fail to see why those two cases are very different, again, that's not really my problem.

we guys have to give him a point here. we're not asking him to be fair, we're asking him to be good; let's just hope he'll change his mind.

Offline Tom Cruise

• Duke
  • Renown: 685
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
  • All I do is shitpost anymore in this game.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tom_Cruise_Dota_Fanatic
  • IRC nick: Tom_Cruise
« Reply #83 on: June 29, 2013, 09:32:38 pm »
+2

This is bullshit:

This is not bullshit:

Hopefully people can understand it when you have to put it that simple  :P

Offline SirCymro_Crusader

• King
  • Renown: 1095
  • Infamy: 134
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 29, 2013, 09:32:53 pm »
+3
« Last Edit: March 09, 2023, 06:44:31 pm by SirCymro_Crusader »

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #85 on: June 29, 2013, 09:41:17 pm »
+3

As expected...  More than enough from me.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 09:44:21 pm by Prpavi »
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

Offline Perverz

• Earl
  • Renown: 381
  • Infamy: 180
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Barabe_Perverz
« Reply #86 on: June 29, 2013, 09:53:19 pm »
+3
i understand what are you talk about....but bann on forum should't have effect in game.
BARABE:
those without the necessary properties of good in human society, coarse, vulgar and violent man, scumbags

Offline Dolphin

• Earl
  • Renown: 375
  • Infamy: 22
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Can you find my secret ?
  • Faction: The Joyous Raider
  • Game nicks: DoIphin, Siff and some alts
  • IRC nick: Dolphin
« Reply #87 on: June 29, 2013, 10:33:51 pm »
+1
i understand what are you talk about....but bann on forum should't have effect in game.

This is what i understand is the reason on the ban, downvote me if i am wrong.

The first perm was placed, and he bhougt the game a second time.
He gets told to behave or he will get removed from the mod, again.

It is not because of a single post he got banned, he got banned because he promised to behave, which he didnt... (did i cut in paper, black and white)

That is the reason he got banned ingame also and not just muted on the forums.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #88 on: June 29, 2013, 10:38:45 pm »
+15
Not really sure what to say. I have a hard time remembering any incidents before today on this specific account and that wasn't even close to crpg-forum "full retardness". I've seen worse, way worse things being simply ignored.

About those reported posts: Those are Panos-posts and he is polarizing inside this community like nobody else, that should be kept in mind when reacting on those reports.

It seems that the good work Panos did lately is completely ignored. Maybe on purpose or maybe cuz devs aren't as connected to the community as they used to be before MBG.

He organized events, he put a lot of effort into the armour-thread, he came up with the Achievements, he paid his own Gold for headhunting, he gave away loompoints for free, he keeps crpg going for a lot of veterans. Whenever he came up with some idea like those above, the population on EU1 grew, you saw people suddenly playing a bit who you didn't see for weeks.

Things like these have to count for something, one might think. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to count for shit. And that is more disappointing than the ban itself. I am disappointed.
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #89 on: June 29, 2013, 10:44:33 pm »
+1

The rules for everyone don't apply to him. He was banned once already, he got another chance under a special, less forgiving deal. And he broke that deal, which means he receives the promised punishment.

Darmaster is right, we can't ask CMP to be fair, we can only ask him to be nice.
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)