Author Topic: Panos permabanned again?  (Read 19022 times)

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
Re: Panos permabanned again?
« Reply #60 on: June 29, 2013, 07:44:20 pm »
No, you're not getting that right (I'm not even sure where you're getting that at all). You could say it's what made me go over his posting history, but that's about it.

Offline Riddaren

• Duke
  • Renown: 601
  • Infamy: 298
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Riddaren, Matthaus
« Reply #61 on: June 29, 2013, 07:45:22 pm »
Mion is the type of player who will intentionally shoot and bump their teammate (if the guy looks new), then when the teammate hits back Mion will take screenshots and banthread him.

Zlisch, do you realize you could just replace Mion with your own name?
What a blunder...

I've seen Zlisch behave bad on EU_4 for as long as I remember. Teamhitting, teamkilling, kick and ban polling for no reason.
I have not seen any other player behave as bad as he has. Still he gets away with it, for some reason.

Panos may not pick his words as well as Zlisch but he is a nice guy who have also contributed to the community.

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
  • Renown: 1856
  • Infamy: 338
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Sky belongs to Asagods as long as the raven flies.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Son_Of_Odin
« Reply #62 on: June 29, 2013, 07:46:38 pm »
+3
Well it's true that Panos' posts are/were getting reported quite often and that forces the moderation team to take a look at them and consider whether the reports are valid or not.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

There is no sight in my third eye

Offline polkafranzi

• Marshall
  • Renown: 814
  • Infamy: 276
  • pronouns: Nick/her
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fun clan - Burg Krems, join with main or alt!
  • Game nicks: Adelheid, Wulfing, Hildebrand, Vulferam, Sepp, Pippa (r.i.p), Minjy
« Reply #63 on: June 29, 2013, 07:47:14 pm »
+8
Well it's true that Panos' posts are/were getting reported quite often and that forces the moderation team to take a look at them and consider whether the reports are valid or not.

Well done over-sensitive nerds who reported his posts.

Go outside.

2024: selling my thirty odd +3 items for rl money, don't think i need them anymore tbh. pm me

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #64 on: June 29, 2013, 07:52:22 pm »
+9
Forum ban maybe, but game ban? Too far. Panos occasional outbursts aside he is actually a good guy and one of the better players ingame, he  contributes to the game and also helps new players. His past is the past, if he has over stepped the mark on the forum then ok ban him or mute him here, but a game ban seems too much.

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #65 on: June 29, 2013, 07:55:42 pm »
+2
Zlisch, do you realize you could just replace Mion with your own name?
What a blunder...

I've seen Zlisch behave bad on EU_4 for as long as I remember. Teamhitting, teamkilling, kick and ban polling for no reason.
I have not seen any other player behave as bad as he has. Still he gets away with it, for some reason.

Panos may not pick his words as well as Zlisch but he is a nice guy who have also contributed to the community.
Riddaren, I may teamkill (though I've pretty much purely done it at the end of the round, accidentally, or to a friend for quite some time now), I may occasionally banpoll/kickpoll a friend or someone legitimately breaking the rules and pissing me off enough to care, but unlike Mion I never have and never will frame someone, or grief someone and then banthread them if they respond, so no, you can't replace my name with Mions. And I'm not gonna lie, I've been quite rude to you and others without proper ground, but I would never do any of the disgusting shit that Mion does.

And I fully agree on your description of Panos (besides me not exactly putting my words all that well), but I still understand cmps reaction.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Grumpy_Nic

• King
  • Renown: 1023
  • Infamy: 306
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Hermann_von_Krems
« Reply #66 on: June 29, 2013, 08:08:32 pm »
+2
I'm not the person who liked him and found it good that he was banned when it was the first time. This time I do not approve it although I have little sympathy for Panos.
I dont think that rageposts should lead to a ban that also prevents him to play the game. Permanently mute him on the forum if you dont like his posts but this is too much. In general I dont think that being an ass on the forum should lead to ingame punishments. He also did some nice things for the community and you should think about this too.

Think about this ban, it is not fair. This action is random, sleep a night and unban him.

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #67 on: June 29, 2013, 08:32:23 pm »
+5
I guess I can understand how much it sucks if you get constant reports for the same member. So I can understand how CMP, when he reads this - indeed absolutely inacceptable, even for Panos - outburst of insults and cursing, goes absolute apeshit on Panos. We all know how he can be, and we should show some empathy for CMP.

Still, on the other hand, nobody would think you'd lose your face if you'd revert the permaban. Panos acted emotionally all the time, and now did you for the first time, and nobody will charge you with that. If we all calm down until tomorrow, no harm will have been done.

I think saying "It's Panos, it's okay, he can't act differently" is wrong. He has to learn and to stick to the rules like everybody else. Being temperamental is no excuse. To me it shows only a lack of maturity and in some cases of intelligence. I rarely see smart people completely losing control over themselves.

That's why I think that Panos should indeed be punished. My suggestion:

We still stick to the essay "Why ranged combat is important for the game, and why everybody is allowed to enjoy it the way he likes", and expand it with "Why we should treat everybody with respect and why one should always stay objective in a discussion". So he has actually to write two of them.

Then he gets muted on the forum for the maximum amount of time, say 99% or 100% (if 100% doesn't mean ban).

And then he agrees to never violate not only the forum rules any more, but also the rules of conduct and good behaviour. If he again breaks the rules, feel free to ban his ass from that moment on until the end of time. We all will be witnesses of his promis to behave from now on, we all will know the deal and the possible punishment, and we all will know it will be justified when you ban him the next time.

And we all know he will get banned another time. It will just take longer, a year or one and a half something like that. And at that point, the mod will be dead, anyway.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 08:38:33 pm by Joker86 »
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline Riddaren

• Duke
  • Renown: 601
  • Infamy: 298
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Riddaren, Matthaus
« Reply #68 on: June 29, 2013, 08:40:40 pm »
+4
Riddaren, I may teamkill (though I've pretty much purely done it at the end of the round, accidentally, or to a friend for quite some time now), I may occasionally banpoll/kickpoll a friend or someone legitimately breaking the rules and pissing me off enough to care, but unlike Mion I never have and never will frame someone, or grief someone and then banthread them if they respond, so no, you can't replace my name with Mions. And I'm not gonna lie, I've been quite rude to you and others without proper ground, but I would never do any of the disgusting shit that Mion does.

And I fully agree on your description of Panos (besides me not exactly putting my words all that well), but I still understand cmps reaction.

Oh... that was not the answer I expected. I truly appreciate your honesty Zlisch!

Let's bury the hatchet and pray that Mork will have mercy on our souls :wink:

By the way; why not unban Panos ingame atleast?

Offline Juhanius

• Legendary Engraver
  • Count
  • Renown: 261
  • Infamy: 26
  • "I always hated crossbows, take too long to load!"
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Juhanius, Stormy_Repairs
« Reply #69 on: June 29, 2013, 08:46:54 pm »
+3
Good night right side :wink:

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 29, 2013, 08:49:28 pm »
+2
No, you're not getting that right (I'm not even sure where you're getting that at all). You could say it's what made me go over his posting history, but that's about it.

Fine then, just unban him ingame please :(

I wouldn't want that happening to anybody

Offline ToxicKilla

• Knight
  • Renown: 79
  • Infamy: 8
  • For England, and Saint George!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Killmoar_the_Lone_Knight
  • IRC nick: ToxicKilla
« Reply #71 on: June 29, 2013, 08:52:12 pm »
+1
You could tell he actually tried to be better this time around, and he was also doing quite a bit to help new guys and shiz, he's just a bit of a hot head. Kind of an undeserved ban.

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #72 on: June 29, 2013, 08:56:24 pm »
Still, on the other hand, nobody would think you'd lose your face if you'd revert the permaban. Panos acted emotionally all the time, and now did you for the first time, and nobody will charge you with that. If we all calm down until tomorrow, no harm will have been done.

I have no reason for reverting the permaban, unless something changed since he was banned and I haven't heard about it.

Also, to clear up some concerns: banning people in-game for something they say on the forum is not something we do very often.
However, you have to understand that when/if your permaban gets removed, you don't get a clean slate and you are expected to behave in a certain way; if you don't, your full ban gets restored. Simple as that.

Offline KingBread

• Earl
  • Renown: 445
  • Infamy: 42
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: KingBread
« Reply #73 on: June 29, 2013, 09:03:55 pm »
+1
I can't think of anything more degrading than an adult having to write an essay for some geeks in order to play a computer game because he 'misbehaved'. Still can't believe people have actually wrote those in the past.

If it was me, I would rather stay banned but still be able to look at myself in the mirror with my pride intact.
I think your pride have rather weak base if it can fall so easly. When face some internet community game.

Offline Perverz

• Earl
  • Renown: 381
  • Infamy: 180
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Barabe_Perverz
« Reply #74 on: June 29, 2013, 09:04:06 pm »
+4
banning people in-game for something they say on the forum is not something we do very often.

you shouldn't do that at all.
its just retarded and have no sence
BARABE:
those without the necessary properties of good in human society, coarse, vulgar and violent man, scumbags