Author Topic: Panos permabanned again?  (Read 19246 times)

Offline djavo

• Marshall
  • Renown: 904
  • Infamy: 120
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Salut
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HDZ_wing
  • Game nicks: Djavo
  • IRC nick: Kebab_Monteno
Re: Panos permabanned again?
« Reply #135 on: June 30, 2013, 01:16:42 pm »
+3
It's not time to get banned,
Just relax, take it easy.
You're still young, that's your fault,
There's so much you have to know.
Find a clan, settle down,
If you want join kapikulu.
Look at me, I'm not greek, but I'm happy.

I was once like you are now, and I know that it's not easy,
To be calm when you've found nerfs going on.
But take your time, think a lot,
Why, think of everything you've got.
For you will still be here tomorrow, but cmp may not.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Kuujis

• Count
  • Renown: 298
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Midreek_HRE
« Reply #136 on: June 30, 2013, 01:21:32 pm »
This was a bad decision IMO, given that the reasons stated would band at least a couple of times at least several other people... I'd say PMS, but afaik cmp is a guy... :rolleyes:

And the worst part is that backing away from it was made a "road not to be taken", because it would show weakness or something similar (sorry, english is not my native language, so I can't find the word which suits better). Although from my POV - this is a mistake and admitting it would not cause any harm, only vice versa - would bring back a community member, who is nuisance in some cases, but provides some seriously good shit on other occasions.

I'd say unban.

Offline Lannistark

• Duke
  • Renown: 586
  • Infamy: 118
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Duke
« Reply #137 on: June 30, 2013, 01:59:04 pm »
My opinion towards the developers of the game, specially this cool individual who believes himself to be the latest fashion in smart comments, has lately shifted from this:

(click to show/hide)

To this:

(click to show/hide)

Offline Lars

• Earl
  • Renown: 346
  • Infamy: 34
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 30, 2013, 02:18:13 pm »
+8
I think you forgot to mention that no one else ever racked up that many permabans.

Ok, but still, Panos is permabanned for something he did on the forums, not in game, in the worst
case permamute him here, but let him play.

Getting permabanned for something you wrote on the forums is ridicolous,  it shouldn't matter what you may have done in the past, In-game actions are all that matters, you should be punished with a permaban only when you keep teamhitting/teamkilling(on purpose), glitching, leeching, or double respawning ( which is glitching imo).

I don't know which  kind of deal Panos  had with the admins this time, but if this deal implicated that Panos could be permabanned if he misbehaved on the forums, well,  i think this deal doesn't make sense,  you could have permabanned  his forum account in the first place, it would have made more sense than allowing him to come back at those conditions.

"Also, to clear up some concerns: banning people in-game for something they say on the forum is not something we do very often"

Forums and in-game "behaviour"/actions should be always considered as two completely different things, without exceptions.

« Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 02:22:02 pm by Lars »

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #139 on: June 30, 2013, 02:31:58 pm »
+2

Ok, but still, Panos is permabanned for something he did on the forums, not in game, in the worst
case permamute him here, but let him play.

Getting permabanned for something you wrote on the forums is ridicolous,  it shouldn't matter what you may have done in the past, In-game actions are all that matters, you should be punished with a permaban only when you keep teamhitting/teamkilling(on purpose), glitching, leeching, or double respawning ( which is glitching imo).

I don't know which  kind of deal Panos  had with the admins this time, but if this deal implicated that Panos could be permabanned if he misbehaved on the forums, well,  i think this deal doesn't make sense,  you could have permabanned  his forum account in the first place, it would have made more sense than allowing him to come back at those conditions.

"Also, to clear up some concerns: banning people in-game for something they say on the forum is not something we do very often"

Forums and in-game "behaviour"/actions should be always considered as two completely different things, without exceptions.

This is bullshit:
XYZ trolls on forum -> XYZ gets permabanned

This is not bullshit:
XYZ gets permabanned -> XYZ's permaban gets removed on condition that he behaves nice on the forum and in-game -> XYZ doesn't behave nice on the forum -> XYZ's ban gets restored

If you fail to see why those two cases are very different, again, that's not really my problem.

Yes, getting a permaban removed implies that you have to behave on forums as well. If you think that's unreasonable, I really don't understand what goes through your mind.

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 30, 2013, 02:38:38 pm »
Just like restaurant owners aren't forced to serve blacks or gays (thankfully), game developers aren't forced to serve raging Greek shitposters. It is a free mod after all with thousands(?) of manhours put into its development by unpaid staff.

There's plenty of other shitty f2p grinding games out there, like World of Tanks, or real life. Go play those instead
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline XyNox

• Marshall
  • Renown: 801
  • Infamy: 219
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Quincy Clan
  • Game nicks: Quincy_XyNox
« Reply #141 on: June 30, 2013, 03:02:08 pm »
+5
Yes, getting a permaban removed implies that you have to behave on forums as well. If you think that's unreasonable, I really don't understand what goes through your mind.

Not that its my business but I think everyone in here understands this deal between you and Panos just fine, which is "this is your last chance, dont mess up again".

As I see it, the thing that many people dont understand ( me included ) is where that violation of terms is actually to be found. What Panos did was trashtalking, as in roleplaying, nothing more. Something that probably 90 % of all community members do on a regular basis, in game or on the forum. If it would have been an actual insult against the human being behind the computer screen ( which it simply wasn't as you cant insult someone as a "ranged my old friend" irl ?!? ), that'd be fine. I dont know what horrible things Panos has done in the past but I simply cant see how this incident qualifies as "not behaving on the forums". If you'd be consistent with that, a LOT of people would need to get permabanned right now.

I am quite certain that Panos isnt even aware that what he said was out of line. Understandably enough, since everyone else does it all the time. In my book it was just a misunderstanding and I am sure if you would unban Panos he would know better from now on. Again, not my business, I could be wrong because I dont know him personally but I would give him another chance and simply make sure this time what he is allowed to say and what is inappropriate. What is the worst that can possibly happen ??

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #142 on: June 30, 2013, 03:37:31 pm »
I see your point, but I disagree with it. I think when you get this kind of chance you should be held up to a much higher standard (especially when it's the second time).

In my book it was just a misunderstanding and I am sure if you would unban Panos he would know better from now on.

I would say that all evidence suggests otherwise.
Also, that's very easy to say because you don't have to deal with it when it happens. I wonder how many people would vouch for him if there were actual consequences.

Offline Latvian

• King
  • Renown: 1494
  • Infamy: 379
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • с̴͎͖͈͟͠ͅу̷̸̻̣͇͚̫͎͇̩̟̖̪͇̯к̀́͠͞҉͎͚͎а̰̤͕̱͔̬͖̟̺͍͎́͞ ̸͝
    • View Profile
  • Faction: one and only DESERTERS
  • Game nicks: u know its me when you see me
« Reply #143 on: June 30, 2013, 04:14:53 pm »
+1
I see your point, but I disagree with it. I think when you get this kind of chance you should be held up to a much higher standard (especially when it's the second time).

I would say that all evidence suggests otherwise.
Also, that's very easy to say because you don't have to deal with it when it happens. I wonder how many people would vouch for him if there were actual consequences.
i would vouch, but if he would fail i would most likely find him and take away all german money.
people are like potatoes, they come in different shapes and sizes and they all are beautifull
masturbating while looking in a mirror isnt wrong unless its the rear view mirror and you are driving a school buss.

it doesnt matter if you are happiest person or an unfortunate weeper, a powerfull beast or a terrifying creature. we are all equal, in the eyes of the reaper.

Offline Algarn

• King
  • Renown: 1230
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Algarn, Jorick
Re: New patch first thoughts
« Reply #144 on: June 30, 2013, 04:15:17 pm »
+2
 Panos is Panos ... He can act really stupidly , but we often forget he done goods things too ... Like explanation of graphics options of WSE2 , rewards for objectives , etc ...

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #145 on: June 30, 2013, 04:34:10 pm »
Would be fun I guess if he could get unbanned providing 3 people agreed to be permabanned if Panos got permad again. :D
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 30, 2013, 05:10:30 pm »
+2
CMP and Panos had a man-to-man deal, Panos broke it, CMP banned Panos.

If the deal had been made "public" beforehand it wouldnt have looked as strange as it seemed then, there is also no witnesses (someone call the police!) of what the conditions were exactly, so there is much place for the imagination, and god knows our community has a lot;

All in all, a good drama story, would read again.

When you are an administrator and have responsabilities, you tend to become ruthless with others; the others then tend to become care bears about everything they think looks like an injustice;
Welcome to the internet!  :)

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #147 on: June 30, 2013, 06:12:27 pm »
+4
Okay, clutching ny straw now:

The point of telling people to behave is to not offend other people by misbehaving. Since Panos did not offend Xynox, it was no misbehaving, at least none of the sort where damage had been done.

That way he was close to crossing the border, but did not. Which means that a warning shot could be adequate, e.g. a temporary ban, forum mute, essay, whatever.

I guess it would be a nice compromise to settle this unpleasant matter now...
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #148 on: June 30, 2013, 06:16:02 pm »
+1
I wonder how many people would vouch for him if there were actual consequences.

I'd vouch for him any day.

I would be willing to put my account up for permaban also if he fucks up again, I know that doesn't stand foe much and probably wont happen but I'd do that in a heartbeat,
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

Offline Ras_FrenzYYY

• Mad Cuz Bad
  • Earl
  • Renown: 363
  • Infamy: 482
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 30, 2013, 06:20:10 pm »
"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened"