Zeus
8 (7.1%)
Kuyak_Hero
1 (0.9%)
Skinboat
6 (5.4%)

Total Members Voted: 109

Voting closed: April 28, 2015, 10:59:55 pm

Author Topic: NA servers - Game Admins Wanted  (Read 52857 times)

Offline CALAMARI

• Earl
  • Renown: 350
  • Infamy: 130
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: NA servers - Game Admins Wanted
« Reply #480 on: April 19, 2015, 02:09:25 am »
+1
I am also always on steam, you can also add me and request help if needed. My Steam is in my sig.

I'm on steam but can't be ingame. If someone is doing bad stuff please message me on steam(http://steamcommunity.com/id/evilmagic/) and I'll hop on the server and see what I can do.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline POOPHAMMER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 328
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • yes thats me irl
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Barabe
  • Game nicks: POOPHAMMER
« Reply #481 on: April 19, 2015, 04:01:13 am »
+2

No need to be a cunt about it.
Uther Pendragon: dont worry i wasnt planning on trusting you anyway

Offline CALAMARI

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: April 19, 2015, 04:28:39 am »
No need to be a cunt about it.

It's bullshit that we went through this admin draft and can't get one during primetime hours on the weekend. Sven1 came back for about 3 rounds before the server got trolled; his response was something along the lines of "gone for 3 months and this is what I come back to". We shouldn't have to contact you on steam; by the time you guys log on the damage has been done and the ppl are gone. There should be at least some basic schedule to ensure primetime is covered.

P.S. Don't call me a cunt; you eunuch grundle fondler.

Offline Tristan_of_Erzoth

• Game Admin
  • Renown: 1000
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player
  • I dont know
    • View Profile
    • steam id
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Tristan_of_Erzoth, Sorcerer_Tholamin, Big_Dick_McCallister
  • IRC nick: wtf is an IRC
« Reply #483 on: April 19, 2015, 04:35:53 am »
It's bullshit that we went through this admin draft and can't get one during primetime hours on the weekend. Sven1 came back for about 3 rounds before the server got trolled; his response was something along the lines of "gone for 3 months and this is what I come back to". We shouldn't have to contact you on steam; by the time you guys log on the damage has been done and the ppl are gone. There should be at least some basic schedule to ensure primetime is covered.

Right, just because we're admins doesn't me we no life it and play cRPG 24/7. I played 7 hours yesterday, and 4-6 hours every night the rest of this week. Today I had something planned, fuck my life right?

http://steamcommunity.com/id/evilmagic/

Offline Dupre

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 825
  • Infamy: 149
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: DoV
  • Game nicks: Dupre, Sentri
  • IRC nick: Nashringa
« Reply #484 on: April 19, 2015, 04:44:36 am »
+2

http://forum.melee.org/na-(official)/
Steam: ajkretchmer

Offline CALAMARI

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: April 19, 2015, 04:49:11 am »
Right, just because we're admins doesn't me we no life it and play cRPG 24/7. I played 7 hours yesterday, and 4-6 hours every night the rest of this week. Today I had something planned, fuck my life right?

No; drop the victim mentality you drama queen. If you're going to sign up for the responsibilities then respect the position and come up with a damn schedule. 

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #486 on: April 19, 2015, 02:45:42 pm »
+6
If you're going to sign up for the responsibilities then respect the position and come up with a damn schedule.

...but there's nothing written anywhere or any precedence of admins being on a forced schedule...????

This reminds me of the other guy (stonedsteel? can't remember) who wanted admins to be spectators only, because if they were playing the game or in a clan at all they would be biased in their judgements. I think that if anyone was forced to be online from X:XX to Y:YY and could only be a spectator, they'd either quit out of boredom or become a rules Nazi and get people upset when they take things too seriously.

CRPG admins aren't paid, this isn't volunteer/intern experience we are gonna put on our resume. Man why am I writing all these words you guys are either trolls or dense and either way my dumb idiot words don't matter to you. Peace.

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline StonedSteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 717
  • Infamy: 400
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: April 19, 2015, 11:54:03 pm »
I didnt say they should be spectators. If you werent allowed to play, i dont think ANYONE would be an admin. What i said was, i had assumed the donkey crew WERE the admins...and not Chaos.

With Chaos as admins, their pal Tydeus completely changed the game, not around balance, but around what his friends in Chaos liked to abuse, you have the Allers\Lemon situations where the MAJORITY of the player base strongly disagreed with the admins...but not one admin saw a problem? See, having a head admin, pick only his friends as other admins, leads to situations where, even if people disagree, they wont speak their mind, Shik used to tell us about the admin meetings...nothing but canary and his yes-men.

"while chaos\cannery are a large part of the reason behind NA being dead...idk if switching to a diff head admin is gonna change much.

when i first came to crpg, i had thought that the people making the bans would be the same people would made the rules by which players get banned for braking. i had assumed it would be the devs going around checking logs and handing out the bans.

when i heard that it was the players themselves...i just shook my head and laughed.

power corrupts, and there is not one single player out there, that would not abuse it, their friends would get nothing but warnings and light slaps, while people they dont like would get banned for nothing, harsh punishments for minor things.

and again, it should not be some player that is head admin and has the power to choose other admins, certainly he will choose only people that are his friends, or agree with his point of view. its a recipe for disaster."

And it was. 

I REMEMBER PLAYING IN RAIN
THROUGH THE NIGHTFALL WITH FOG
THAT CLOGGED UP OUR EYES
BUT IM MORE HORRIFIED OF A MOD
I NO LONGER RECOGNIZE

Offline Kalam

• Duke
  • Renown: 697
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Never do an enemy a small injury.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Linebreakers
  • Game nicks: Cavalieres_Midnighter, Dunsparrow
  • IRC nick: Kalam
« Reply #488 on: April 20, 2015, 12:39:40 am »
I don't disagree with the spirit of what you're saying, merely the specifics.

CHAOS never had a monopoly on admins like you describe. However, it did attract people who are more likely to take the game seriously, and admins tend to be chosen from that specific pool to begin with. They were never what ATS was.

Keep in mind that Shik had an odd way of seeing things.

SQUID: most of the current admins have their steamid publicly available for you to contact when you need an admin.

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #489 on: April 20, 2015, 01:05:27 am »
+2
CHAOS never had a monopoly on admins like you describe.

Debatable... Canary, San, Ganner, Desire (for a long time when chaos was active she was a part of them), Cyclopsided, Tydeus minds well be in their clan since he was in their TS 24/7, and... uhhh... was Darkkarma an admin back in the day? Now while they had 6-7 admins, most other equally-sized or lager clans had 1-2 at best, not to mention that for a large majority of yesteryear chaos members were the only active, or seemingly-active admins, essentially giving them a total monopoly as other clan's admins like adoptagoat or phantasmal rarely played anymore.

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Dionysus

• Duke
  • Renown: 696
  • Infamy: 63
  • cRPG Player
  • I move-- for no man.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Art of War
  • Game nicks: Dionysus_AoW
« Reply #490 on: April 21, 2015, 07:11:48 pm »
+2
I get admins have lives to live too, just keep in mind you'll probably get some backlash for not being on during prime time. As vulnerable as this community is right now, a few people can ruin it for the rest of us.

Offline W0LF

• Baron
  • Renown: 148
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: W0LF
  • IRC nick: W0LF
« Reply #491 on: April 21, 2015, 07:15:58 pm »
+1
I feel we still need another admin or two just to make sure we can have admins on during most times.

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: April 21, 2015, 08:19:21 pm »
+2

With Chaos as admins, their pal Tydeus completely changed the game, not around balance, but around what his friends in Chaos liked to abuse, you have the Allers\Lemon situations where the MAJORITY of the player base strongly disagreed with the admins...but not one admin saw a problem? See, having a head admin, pick only his friends as other admins, leads to situations where, even if people disagree, they wont speak their mind, Shik used to tell us about the admin meetings...nothing but canary and his yes-men.

Well Plumbo, here we are again and this is just wrong. Tydeus did not completely change the game around what his friends in Chaos liked to abuse. Also, when Tydeus did start making changes he started playing on EU more than NA. This is just a small sampling of the many builds in CHAOS at the time.  Man-of-War(shielder) build: 27/15; Cyclopsided (master archer) 27/18; Xol (2hander), 24/18; Canary (poles) was like 12/30; Rhalzo (hoplite)was 15/24; Uumdi (poles) balanced builds; Serge (RIP 2 hander) all strength; Ganner did either shielder balanced or more heavily strength build 2hander; etc. They had the same diversity of any other larger clan at the time and weren't all Legion. We used to argue with him all the time about what he was doing. He's always thought he knows better. I mean for fuck's sake, Tydeus used to run around with a 12/33 build with 0 PS and a goedendag. No one in our TS did that except for him. We all thought he was retarded. On a personal level, he was/is a nice guy so I'm not insulting Tydeus on a personal level, just on a what the fuck did you do to the game level. Ask him, I've steamed him many times about changes that were made. Mostly in all caps and a fit of autistic rage. As for Shik telling you about admin meetings, take that with a grain of salt. He used to hang out in our TS as much as Tydeus did and if that's what he was telling you, then I'd be skeptical of his duplicity.

I'm personally glad with the admin changes but the mod is old. People cry too much. The end.

Offline Tagora

• Duke
  • Renown: 522
  • Infamy: 69
  • cRPG Player
  • there's bollocks in yr tea
    • View Profile
    • ClickCLICKclickCLICKCLICKCLICK
  • Faction: Dubliners
« Reply #493 on: April 21, 2015, 09:35:29 pm »
+6
I'd like to be reconsidered again. :)

http://steamcommunity.com/id/tagora/

c h e l s e a  b o y s

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #494 on: April 21, 2015, 10:19:28 pm »
+4
I feel we still need another admin or two just to make sure we can have admins on during most times.

Nashringa said that we'd see how things go, then look for more admins if needed. Personally I don't see how a few more could hurt, as long as they are good admin material.

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far