Author Topic: LOL this is brilliant... Pork laced bullet to send jihadist muslims to hell!  (Read 4971 times)

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
(click to show/hide)

and once again,  south park knows it all:
http://www.southparkstudios.com/full-episodes/s10e12-go-god-go
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Panos

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 1319
  • Infamy: 551
  • cRPG Player
  • Hate for 2h kuyak my old friends.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Varangian Guard
  • Game nicks: Varangian_Panos
  • IRC nick: Panos
but seriously.  religion talk on gaming forum ftw!

Just because we`re on a gaming forum, that does not mean that we can`t have other discussions aswell.

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
Just because we`re on a gaming forum, that does not mean that we can`t have other discussions aswell.

but it does mean that a lot of people here will throw in their two cents without a)  having read the hole thing and b)not giving enough of a fuck to share a well educated opinion.
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Exactly. Just like monotheistic religions in their time, atheism is the next step for humanity. There were far worse things than church, like rules of the tribe or sacrifices to animal gods etc. But now we have better thing than religion and it's called science. Maybe one day we'll find out science was wrong and someone will come up with something even better, who knows. I can already feel the wrath of many scientists, just because I said science could be wrong. Many of them aren't much different than religious nutjobs, don't you agree? :wink:

The problem with having such an argument is that most scientists will define something that proves previous science wrong as the new science, so it doesn't really make any sense to say it can be proven wrong. Science isn't immutable like religion or any dogma for that matter, so if there's a new theory that describes reality better than the previous one, the new one is adopted.

It also really depends on what science you are talking about. In mathematics (and logic in general), you can learn truths from a set of axioms, so there's simply no way to invalidate what you find.

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
I agree with bloody nine. It is widely believed by modern philosophers that atheism is the logical step further after monotheism and personally I think it makes sense. It is much easier to stop believing in the existence of something that cannot be detected. If we still had a god of thunder and no other explanation of thunder, thunder would be proof of its existence.
I've a Thunder god, suck it!

Offline Torost

• Count
  • Renown: 292
  • Infamy: 109
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Science is the new organized religion!

Only it is not in obscure Latin anymore , its in math,physics and statistics.. equally hard to grasp for the common peasants.

With all their priests chanting about fermions, hadrons ,bosons,quantummechanics,antimatter .. Global warming.. the list is long.

99.99% of people can not possibly verify most advanced scientific claims for themselves, same as religious people can not verifiy the existance of any god or supernatural beings.

So we trust in the scientists/priest, as the peasant of old did.

I always liked this one from Arthur C. Clark:

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic"

/trolololololo

Offline Armpit_Sweat

• High Lord of the Spam
  • King
  • Renown: 1417
  • Infamy: 154
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Armpit_Sweat, My_horses_name_is_Rebecca
Science is the new organized religion!

Only it is not in obscure Latin anymore , its in math,physics and statistics.. equally hard to grasp for the common peasants.

With all their priests chanting about fermions, hadrons ,bosons,quantummechanics,antimatter .. Global warming.. the list is long.

99.99% of people can not possibly verify most advanced scientific claims for themselves, same as religious people can not verifiy the existance of any god or supernatural beings.

So we trust in the scientists/priest, as the peasant of old did.

I always liked this one from Arthur C. Clark:

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic"

/trolololololo

Without going any further on that issue, a short counter-argument: If you wish, you can study any field of science, and eventually understand it. You can read bible and quran 100 lifetimes, and would not come any closer to "verifying god's existence".

Since you are quoting Arthur C. Clarke, here is one i found on WIki:

... quoted in Popular Science in 2004 as saying of religion: "Most malevolent and persistent of all mind viruses. We should get rid of it as quick as we can."
  Spam at The Temple of Spam

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
I think his intent was to say that advanced technology lets us do things that in the past would have been considered magic.

Offline Angantyr

• King
  • Renown: 1134
  • Infamy: 130
    • View Profile
According to the hadiths, Muslims are allowed to consume pork if absolutely necessary, for example when starving (or getting shot I guess). Allah is merciful.

Offline the real god emperor

• King
  • Renown: 1630
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Et tu, Brute?
    • View Profile
    • Click for gifts
  • Faction: Rome
  • Game nicks: Captain_Sweden
According to the hadiths, Muslims are allowed to consume pork if absolutely necessary, for example when starving (or getting shot I guess). Allah is merciful.

That also applies on killing someone and  using drugs i think...

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven

That's in the Quran so definitely legit. If you are ignorant of it, starving or have no choice then it is forgiven.

Like technically Pagans are forgiven by God because they are most likely 'ignorant' of Islam, despite the fact they worship multiple god's ect.

Offline Sir_Hans

• Earl
  • Renown: 477
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Beached_Dolphin, Sir_Hans
It's all about agnostic views   8-)

It's impossible to know if there is or isn't a creator. But if there is a creator, he doesn't want use to know on purpose or out of a random sequence of events (such as we are the mold growing on cosmic babies fecal matter (galaxies = cosmic fart particles)

Worshiping the sun, makes the most sense to me since it dictates all existence of known life in our galaxy. But my first name translates to Sun, so maybe I'm biased in that view  :mrgreen:

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile

Offline Sir_Hans

• Earl
  • Renown: 477
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Beached_Dolphin, Sir_Hans
Drunk posting  :rolleyes: mah bad.....

Here just watch this instead

(click to show/hide)

Offline Jarold

• Marshall
  • Renown: 987
  • Infamy: 142
  • "Always wear more armor than the guy next to you."
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarold
Like technically Pagans are forgiven by God because they are most likely 'ignorant' of Islam, despite the fact they worship multiple god's ect.

If you're talking about Christianity then that is not true. If you don't believe in God then you go to hell. That's why there are a lot of missionary organizations. But if you are like a child who cannot possible grasp what God is you will be spared. I'm not a supreme expert on it though.

Also if anyone compares the Quran to the Bible then it is a poor comparison. Quran, all about killing infidels, Bible all about peace. Plus the Quran was all written by Muhammad while he had siezures. The Bible was written by a lot of different people throughout the ancient period.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 06:48:08 pm by Jarold »