Author Topic: The Heirloom Pack  (Read 39348 times)

Offline Zaar

• Knight
  • Renown: 51
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
  • Wait! I, Uryens, will try.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Prpavi Fan Club :P
  • Game nicks: Zaar, Zaaraza
Re: Final_Boss' Heirloom Pack!
« Reply #135 on: December 03, 2013, 10:34:36 am »
Awesome work so far and even more awesome if you're continuing with work!!!
"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery;
none but ourselves can free our mind"

Offline Jarold

• Marshall
  • Renown: 987
  • Infamy: 142
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "Always wear more armor than the guy next to you."
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarold
« Reply #136 on: December 04, 2013, 03:34:24 am »
Oh yeah I always forgot about those new weapons. What are all of the new ones? Just the flambard and estoc?

Offline Lemon

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 517
  • Infamy: 190
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Lemon Company
  • Game nicks: #Free Lemon 2012
  • IRC nick: Lemon
« Reply #137 on: December 04, 2013, 03:35:01 am »
Yep.
Lemon Luther King JR, has a dream, where all trolls are treated with fairness and equality. Lemon's want to be able to vote, and ride in the front of the bus, and drink from the same fountain that we do. Please right this inequality

Offline Sagar

• Earl
  • Renown: 463
  • Infamy: 279
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bogumili
  • Game nicks: Sagar
  • IRC nick: Sagar
« Reply #138 on: December 17, 2013, 10:09:34 am »
Yea, give us some shining for Estoc and Flambard  :D

Offline Sir_Hans

• Earl
  • Renown: 477
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Beached_Dolphin, Sir_Hans
« Reply #139 on: December 18, 2013, 08:22:25 pm »
Can you make heirloom models for Estoc and Flambard?
^ this

Make texture for flambard plzzzzzz I just loomed one :3

Offline Jarold

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 18, 2013, 10:44:37 pm »
Is the model for the flambard different in game then what it shows on the website?

Offline protox2k

• Earl
  • Renown: 304
  • Infamy: 67
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mango
  • Game nicks: Soft_Juicy_Mango
  • IRC nick: Kev
« Reply #141 on: December 19, 2013, 12:02:31 am »
nope

Offline Sagar

• Earl
  • Renown: 463
  • Infamy: 279
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bogumili
  • Game nicks: Sagar
  • IRC nick: Sagar
« Reply #142 on: December 19, 2013, 10:11:18 am »
Yes, they are different.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Silfarion

• Baron
  • Renown: 101
  • Infamy: 23
  • praise mlaatr
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sovereign Kingdom of Thirdarrell
  • Game nicks: I am the everyjudas!
  • IRC nick: Judas_cRPGSilfarion
Final_Boss' ShiftKnife Crown HALP ME PLS
« Reply #143 on: December 23, 2013, 10:48:42 pm »
+2
I'm trying to add an heirloom helmet whilst knowing literally nothing about how openbrf works and how to do the heirloomed items thing

So far, I've managed to separate the regular iron hat with aventail helmet with the +3 / lordly iron hat with aventail helmet, and it looks like this:

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

As you can see, something went horribly wrong. What happened, I know not, but it took me 3 days just to get this far and I refuse to give up because I am so close to being done. If anyone knows how to fix this, please help :(

The broken helmet is basically the mesh of the helmet, but completely untextured for some reason, with a copy of the textured, correctly modeled helmet floating over your head with no animation; i.e it's a helmet that just follows your head but doesn't bob, bounce, etc. as if it were connected to your hitbox

Here's a link to my work in case you need it to figure out what I did wrong

I also made a modification to the mod.xml file in the heirloom pack Mods folder (this was to separate the unloomed model of the hat with the loomed model of the hat). I added a single entry under replace_models that would replace itm_imodbits_lordly_chapel_de_fer_mail1 with chapel-de-fer_mail1_h4 (chapel-de-fer_mail1_h4 being the name of +3 hat in the resource brf i added).

I would try to fix it, but throughout this entire project I've relied on intuition and luck to get me through, and it seems for the last step I will not be able to use either of these so... I'm stumped :cry:

EDIT:Ok, I fixed the double helmet thing, the problem was that I had 2 copies of the helmet in 2 separate .brf folders, and one of them was not animated

see fer yerself
« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 11:58:55 pm by Silfarion »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #144 on: December 23, 2013, 11:10:11 pm »
Ive dun have a clue, but im sure there is someone out there who wanna lend you a hand :)

I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Silfarion

• Baron
  • Renown: 101
  • Infamy: 23
  • praise mlaatr
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sovereign Kingdom of Thirdarrell
  • Game nicks: I am the everyjudas!
  • IRC nick: Judas_cRPGSilfarion
« Reply #145 on: December 24, 2013, 03:51:05 am »
And now I need help AGAIN!

This time I'm pretty sure I have no idea how to do it without help, unlike the other 2 times I've asked Jarold for help

ShiftKnife doesn't like the Heirloom Pack so he basically just wants the Heirloom Pack with no changed textures. Is it possible to do this without spending more blood sweat and tears replacing every single item mesh in the game with the original meshes, and then replacing all their textures with the original textures?? As in, with code? Because I don't know anything about coding

Now watch as I miraculously find a solution in 5 minutes, though I'd appreciate the help anyways
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Jarold

• Marshall
    • View Profile
Re: Final_Boss' ShiftKnife Crown HALP ME PLS
« Reply #146 on: January 01, 2014, 03:51:02 am »
I'm trying to add an heirloom helmet whilst knowing literally nothing about how openbrf works and how to do the heirloomed items thing

So far, I've managed to separate the regular iron hat with aventail helmet with the +3 / lordly iron hat with aventail helmet, and it looks like this:

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

As you can see, something went horribly wrong. What happened, I know not, but it took me 3 days just to get this far and I refuse to give up because I am so close to being done. If anyone knows how to fix this, please help :(

The broken helmet is basically the mesh of the helmet, but completely untextured for some reason, with a copy of the textured, correctly modeled helmet floating over your head with no animation; i.e it's a helmet that just follows your head but doesn't bob, bounce, etc. as if it were connected to your hitbox

Here's a link to my work in case you need it to figure out what I did wrong

I also made a modification to the mod.xml file in the heirloom pack Mods folder (this was to separate the unloomed model of the hat with the loomed model of the hat). I added a single entry under replace_models that would replace itm_imodbits_lordly_chapel_de_fer_mail1 with chapel-de-fer_mail1_h4 (chapel-de-fer_mail1_h4 being the name of +3 hat in the resource brf i added).

I would try to fix it, but throughout this entire project I've relied on intuition and luck to get me through, and it seems for the last step I will not be able to use either of these so... I'm stumped :cry:

EDIT:Ok, I fixed the double helmet thing, the problem was that I had 2 copies of the helmet in 2 separate .brf folders, and one of them was not animated

see fer yerself

Sorry I didn't notice this question sooner! It's sounds like you worked it out already but do you still need help? Because I can help if need be.

And now I need help AGAIN!

This time I'm pretty sure I have no idea how to do it without help, unlike the other 2 times I've asked Jarold for help

ShiftKnife doesn't like the Heirloom Pack so he basically just wants the Heirloom Pack with no changed textures. Is it possible to do this without spending more blood sweat and tears replacing every single item mesh in the game with the original meshes, and then replacing all their textures with the original textures?? As in, with code? Because I don't know anything about coding

Now watch as I miraculously find a solution in 5 minutes, though I'd appreciate the help anyways

If he wants the original heirloom pack there is a link for that in the main post. If he wants to get rid of the heirloom pack simply click repair at the cRPG launcher.

Offline Battlepriest

• Scene Manager
  • Renown: 440
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • hi how are you doing
    • View Profile
  • Faction: hesse
  • Game nicks: hesse_judie, skot_judas
  • IRC nick: sweet potato
« Reply #147 on: January 01, 2014, 04:10:44 am »
Basically, he wants the heirloom pack with regular no-heirloom textures

Offline Jarold

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 01, 2014, 04:33:50 am »
Basically, he wants the heirloom pack with regular no-heirloom textures

Really? Ewwww. But ok, you'll just have to rename everything with _h4, _h3, and _h2 to _h1. So it would be like this...

itm_cudgel Cudgel Cudgel 1 cudgel_h4 to itm_cudgel Cudgel Cudgel 1 cudgel_h1

I recommend getting Notepad++ or use and edit the mod.xml in the final boss folder.

Offline Battlepriest

• Scene Manager
  • Renown: 440
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • hi how are you doing
    • View Profile
  • Faction: hesse
  • Game nicks: hesse_judie, skot_judas
  • IRC nick: sweet potato
« Reply #149 on: January 01, 2014, 05:09:48 am »
Wow, really? I thought I would've had to replace every single item's mesh and texture so that they can get their original textures back, but this sounds much easier, thanks

Btw I use openbrf