Poll

Do you support this act of disgrace ?

Yes
No

Author Topic: Disgrace......  (Read 4122 times)

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1897
  • Infamy: 297
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
Re: Disgrace......
« Reply #75 on: June 23, 2013, 01:56:37 am »
I bet cmp will shut this thread down before Erzengel manages to dig even deeper hole for himself. He's almost good as me at it :lol:

Offline Erzengel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 769
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Norse_Erzengel
« Reply #76 on: June 23, 2013, 02:02:49 am »
+1
I bet cmp will shut this thread down before Erzengel manages to dig even deeper hole for himself. He's almost good as me at it :lol:

Please explain this a little bit further. :rolleyes: I am not seeing how I am digging a hole for myself.

Actually, the funny thing here is, that you are still extremly mad at me because of a few hours ban (at night!), several months ago. Sounds like you are the one with a "little" problem and not me.  :wink:

Offline wayyyyyne

• Marshall
  • Renown: 725
  • Infamy: 233
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 23, 2013, 02:03:34 am »
We are not talking about criminals here. This is only a game, in which two online characters were teamattacked/teamkilled once. There is no need to punish somebody for a "greater justice". Nobody was really hurt. It is always the best, if players can solve their conflicts without a ban. If I was afraid of bad reactions, I wouldn't have answered the ban request at all. I knew how popular ivani4 is and that there most likely would be a shitstorm.

People in this game are always complaining, no matter what you do.

Beispiele sind immer austauschbar. Die Häfltinge genauso.
Du bist viel zu willkürlich als Admin. Du lässt sowohl Leute wie bei Dieler und Ivani davonkommen, aber auch irgendeinen anderen Koffer, weil der Ersteller des Banthreads gegen ihn sich doch noch umentschieden hat ihn nicht gebannt haben zu wollen. Gleichzeitig spielst du bei einem Fall wie DKG, wo mal ausnahmsweise nicht der Spielfluss gestört wurde, die Sittenpolizei und drohst (oder tust es sogar?) mit Bans weil sie sich im Forum dir nicht gefällig geäußert haben.

Bei Dieler lass ich es mir ja noch einreden, dass er nicht gebannt wird, weil das sein erstes Vergehen ist. Bei Ivani4 ist es ja aber offenkundig nicht das erste Mal und der Beliebtheitsbonus den er genießt hat ihn schon vor Bans bewahrt weil die Leute einfach nachsichtiger mit ihm sind (dir offensichtlich miteingeschlossen)
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 02:11:29 am by wayyyyyne »

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #78 on: June 23, 2013, 02:09:51 am »
He is already unbanned sweetheart.  :P

good, now grab some vodka and go ask for forgiveness.
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2123
  • Infamy: 2512
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 23, 2013, 02:15:52 am »
Please explain this a little bit further. :rolleyes: I am not seeing how I am digging a hole for myself.

When someone doesn't agree with you, you offend him (mildly, but it's still a offense). That works for some members of this fine community (cmp being finest example, but he's working so hard on this mod he do whatever he wants). And I'm not talking about me at all.

About that thing from the past, I think you made haste judgement. I bet you don't spend more than 5 seconds looking at ban request before you ban someone. You're too eager to do it and it shows in the ban section where more than 80% of ban requests are resolved by you. Someone might call it efficiency but I call it sloppy work and trying to look better in the eyes of the overlords. After all, you're a moderately new player in this mod. I'm not one of the "old crones" either but still have more mileage than you'll ever have. I can understand why are you like that, but that doesn't mean I approve such behavior.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 02:19:31 am by Leshma »

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
« Reply #80 on: June 23, 2013, 02:18:53 am »
Hey, look at me, my name is Leshma. I play this mod 2 days longer than you do. I have no idea when you started your first character, but I did it obviously earlier cause my name is Leshma.  8-)
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline Erzengel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 769
  • Infamy: 214
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Norse_Erzengel
« Reply #81 on: June 23, 2013, 02:22:01 am »
Beispiele sind immer austauschbar. Die Häfltinge genau so.
Du bist viel zu willkürlich als Admin. Du lässt sowohl Leute wie bei Dieler und Ivani davonkommen, aber auch irgendeinen anderen Koffer, weil der Ersteller des Banthreads gegen ihn sich doch noch umentschieden hat ihn nicht gebannt haben zu wollen. Gleichzeitig spielst du bei einem Fall wie DKG, wo mal ausnahmsweise nicht der Spielfluss gestört wurde, die Sittenpolizei und drohst (oder tust es sogar?) mit Bans weil sie sich im Forum dir nicht gefällig geäußert haben.

Bei Dieler lass ich es mir ja noch einreden, dass er nicht gebannt wird, weil das sein erstes Vergehen ist. Bei Ivani4 ist es ja aber offenkundig nicht das erste Mal und der Beliebtheitsbonus den er genießt hat ihn schon vor Bans bewahrt weil die Leute einfach nachsichtiger mit ihm sind (dir offensichtlich miteingeschlossen)

My admining isn't arbitrary at all. I already did the same thing several times in the past. You also have to adapt to certain situations as admin. You just can't use the same pattern for each case.

DKG_Dragonleader was denying the holocaust (and other racist comments) several times on the forum. Unlike your example, that's actually a crime in Germany (where the servers are located). I didn't just ban him because "I didn't like his opinion". He was breaking the law and not just hurting some ingame rules. He also had countless bans and warnings before. This comparison is just weird to be honest. I am sorry, but you have no idea what you are talking about. :? Can't understand why you seem to have such a questionable sympathy for that person.

Please write in English in the future. This is impolite for most other users.

When someone doesn't agree with you, you offend him (mildly, but it's still a offense). That works for some members of this fine community (cmp being finest example, but he's working so hard on this mod he do whatever he wants).

And I'm not talking about me at all. About that thing from the past, I think you made haste judgement. I bet you don't spend more than 5 seconds looking at ban request before you ban someone. You're too eager to do it and it shows in the ban section where more than 80% of ban requests are resolved by you. Someone might call it efficiency but I call it sloppy work and trying to look better in the eyes of the overlords. After all, you're a moderately new player in this mod. I'm not one of the "old crones" either but still have more mileage than you'll ever will. I can understand why are you like that, but that doesn't mean I approve such behavior.

I don't offend people who don't agree with me. I am just sick of always the same people bitching about all of my decisions, no matter what I do. Wayyyyyne's post which I answered was only a provocation in German.

I am playing this mod since 2011. I don't think that I am really "new".  :rolleyes: I also doubt that the devs check the ban section or even give a shit about it at all. While some cases are obvious/easy to solve, lots of ban request take much more time than you might believe.

Reason why I am doing so many ban requests (without blaming anybody :D):

He bans so much because we other admins cba to solve that many ban requests... It's not always that easy and straight forward u know. Very time consuming in some cases.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 02:35:38 am by Erzengel »

Offline Ikarus

• King
  • Renown: 1470
  • Infamy: 121
  • Your favourite Schnitzel
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Ikarooz, CrossBowbimbo
« Reply #82 on: June 23, 2013, 02:24:19 am »
+2
Evidences are evidences, and there´s barely something you can do about it (even if you shoot the damn horse of some random...Jarlek...guy...meh)

Erzengel is doing a good job; it´s not a really thankful or easy job though; especially with that amount of ban requests rolling in everyday.

Both got their ban, sensei Ivani is free again, so...case closed?
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 02:36:52 am by Ikarus »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Nessaj

• King
  • Renown: 1399
  • Infamy: 176
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ▃ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇
    • View Profile
    • Vanguard
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Cooties
  • IRC nick: Nessaj
« Reply #83 on: June 23, 2013, 02:37:21 am »
+6
What people are getting at is that it doesn't matter whether or not the one who gets teamkilled says OK, its still a teamkill at the start or middle of a round, which means they both hurt their teams by doing so. That needs to be reprimanded.
The circumstances apply to the length of the ban, not whether there should be a ban or not.

I'd issue at least 12 hours bans for both Dieler and Ivani4 for this, no more than 24 though.

I'm also closing this thread down. Actions might be taken in regards to the bans.

EDIT: There isn't anything wrong with what Erzengel did. What I wrote is my opinion. There isn't any specific rules on the matter. This will be more clear when the new Hierarchy is up and running.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 02:49:44 am by Nessaj »
Things don't exist simply because you believe in them, thus sayeth the almighty creature in the sky!