Author Topic: FCC/FCC Vassal Tactics  (Read 9920 times)

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
Re: FCC/FCC Vassal Tactics
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2013, 09:09:12 pm »
I think you missed the parenthesis part and switched alignments with this one, Matey.

But its cool, I feel like a my old friend when I compliment people, anyway.

I caught the part in parenthesis but the rest of the comment is awfully dismissive anyways, plus I can't think of any FCC people who match the description you assigned to us.

Offline KaMiKaZe_JoE

• Marshall
  • Renown: 904
  • Infamy: 117
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Cavalieres
  • Game nicks: KaMiKaZe _______
« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2013, 09:16:52 pm »
+5
Joe stood behind a herd of some seventy five Champion Coursers, fifty Warhorses, and eight hundred Champion Rounceys, trying desperately to cram them inside a quickly filling castle. "FUCKING MOVE," he screamed, his voice barely carrying over the neighing and stamping of hooves. "ITS NOT SAFE OUTSIDE!"

He turned to see a rising dust cloud behind him, a few miles off. A CHAOS raiding party was hot on his heels. He needed to get the rest of his horses into the safety of the castle. He ran back and forth behind the herd, waving his arms and slapping rumps, shouting. Slowly, the animal ocean flowed though the castle's gates.

An unloomed rouncey approached. He said, "My lord! The leaders of Frisia and the FCC are having a long-distance parlay!"

Joe smiled. Nothing could distract from the thought of imminent death like these two factions' attempts at diplomacy. "Thank you, good horse." He grabbed an armful of hand-written dispatches from a basket on the horse's flank and kicked it in the face, dismissing it.

Joe had read through five dispatches, quite giddy by this point, when a +3 Courser appeared, panting and bloody-faced. "Lord Joe, there is no more room in the castle! We are being crushed!"

Still reading, Joe said, "Have the guards throw ladders. You can climb up if the angle's not steep. Fill up the walls and towers."

The courser looked skeptical. "As you wish."

After a few minutes, Joe had satisfied his lust for nerd rage. This round of communiques had been particularly entertaining--the parchment upon which the last  exchange between Keshian and kasMVC was written on was actually speckled with dried blood.

He looked up at the castle. Horses stood all along the walls, upon the keep and towers, and filled up the courtyard. They bristled from every surface of the building like the feathers of a great bird. His four-legged friends had done well.

Summoning the rouncey again, he wrote out his own contribution to the diplomatic event: "Nerf cav."
"I don't think I'd want to meet anyone from cRPG. Sorry no offense lol" -TG

Offline Matey

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2013, 09:29:54 pm »
+2
It wasn't meant to be dismissive, just an idea on how people not in FCC view FCC.

You know how kesh makes broad generalizing statements of shittalk against clans when he should only insult the one person he has an issue with but instead insults everyone in that clan and everyone who has ever liked anyone in that clan... you see where im going with this? :P

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2013, 09:39:43 pm »
+4
When we attacked that RoR fellow a few days ago, we were legitimately concerned about him stealing S and D from us. He had a large number of crates, and he appeared to be headed to our castle. We don't have enough fiefs to afford S and D pirating, so we attacked him. It wasn't for no reason, it wasn't because we wanted to pick a fight, it was in defense of our precious internet commodity.

Of course, that fact is of little importance now. All I'd like to do is once again request that both parties in this conflict agree to a gentleman's accord in which we don't attack at retarded hours. I would like to suggest that we do our best to keep battles between 5pm and 2 am EST. Yes, we did attack that other fellow at 3:30 AM, and that was kinda shitty. This attack is near 7 AM which is really shitty. Lets try to put a stop to this. I can't make you guys do shit, but I'm not being unreasonable nor rude. Daruvian talks a lot of shit and I'm fine with that. I don't control my members, but you'd do well to ignore him based upon your responses to him. If you're looking for srs business posts, read mine.

I also understand that interception of armies sometimes can't really wait until the next day. That's a real tough hurdle to get past, but lets do our best to not move through contested territory past the hours of 12 PM EST and 2am EST. I give my word that we'll do our best to keep to that timeframe if you folks will agree. Regardless of if you agree or not, we'll not initiate attacks that are not between the hours of 5pm-2am EST unless we make a mistake and fuck up.

I do hope that we can come to an agreement. I doubt we'd be able to do that with FCC; we hold a fucking lot of ire and animosity between our factions at the moment. But my faction has been damn near exactly where you guys are. We were very friendly and cooperative with FCC, but we didn't consider ourselves vassals. Factions that we were opposed to at the time called us vassals all the damn time, though. We resented that fact, hell, that's part of why we fired shots against FCC. We wanted to prove that we weren't anyone's bitches.

I reckon that you're in a position very similar. Of course you're very friendly with FCC; you've not gained a fief through anyone but them. Its only natural that you'd be amiable towards them. They're a good faction to fight for, although their teamspeak can be taxing on one's nerves during battles in my opinion (and many others I have spoken to). I mean shit, who doesn't want to fight for a faction that has excellent fucking gear EVERY BATTLE? I don't mean that as "lol armor crutcher yashawn nerds" either; FCC has their shit together and has all loomed shit all the time and it makes them get a large following of mercs outside of their client clans (referring to remnant, aow, hg, fallen) which already provide them with a lot of mercs. They win a lot of battles, and damn near everyone likes to be on the winning team.

All that doesn't make you vassals. Truth be told, nobody but yourselves knows if you're a vassal or not. We don't know shit about how you communicate with FCC. We don't know shit about if you take orders from them. When we were in your shoes, I consulted Kesh on damn near every strat move we made, because he's a fucking encyclopedia of strategus knowledge. The man very rarely makes any mistakes on the strat map.

tldr;
(click to show/hide)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline BaleOhay

• Marshall
  • Renown: 789
  • Infamy: 229
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BS
« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2013, 09:58:55 pm »
+2
I would say that is a pretty good description. They are friendly towards us and will likely stay that way till it is not in their best interest. We are fine with that. They are without a doubt not vassals. They come and talk to us and bounce ideas around but we do not give them orders.

You are not far off kesh is a wizard on strat.... he is as good on the map as he is bad on the forums. That should give you an idea what he means to the clan in terms of organization and keeping the ship pointed in the right direction.

Fcc will also do our very best to keep any fighting with you in primetime. Bad time fights are a hardship for everyone. If you are willing to make the same time claims to us we will do our best to do the same. Granted stopping armies in the field has always been an issue. I am not sure how to fix that.
Leader of BS

Offline BaleOhay

• Marshall
  • Renown: 789
  • Infamy: 229
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BS
« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2013, 10:24:33 pm »
maybe so. I just spend a lot of time bringing things from point A to point B without walking over mountains forests etc. So when I do that I like to be in the fights.
Leader of BS

Offline Penguin

• Duke
  • Renown: 670
  • Infamy: 121
  • cRPG Player
  • JesusChrist
    • View Profile
  • Faction: [A]rrows Incoming!
  • Game nicks: [Y]Retreat!
« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2013, 10:34:14 pm »
+1
To anyone reading this thread with no understanding of diplomacy or strat:

-FCC Vassals are not FCC Vassals, just up and coming independent factions who exclusively merc for FCC, take orders on who to attack, and use their gear and supply&demand
-Many FCC members (the same 3 or 4 people) are dedicated to making Orwellian propaganda RP posts defending every action they make for some reason
-HoC is good at strat
"As you gaze upon the cross, and long for conformity to him, be not weary or fearful because you cannot express in words what you seek. Ask him to plant the cross in your heart. Believe in him, the crucified and now living one, to dwell within you, and breathe his own mind there."

Offline Matey

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 22, 2013, 10:39:45 pm »
+3

-FCC Vassals are not FCC Vassals, just up and coming independent factions who exclusively merc for FCC, take orders on who to attack, and use their gear and supply&demand
-Many FCC members (the same 3 or 4 people) are dedicated to making Orwellian propaganda RP posts defending every action they make for some reason
-HoC is good at strat

you forgot

- JC is the saviour of strat who fights for free trade and is not a bandit; he also is the champion of the forums and brings only unbiased truth.
- daruvian a reasonable person on the forums and it is wise to take him seriously.

Offline Tojo

• Earl
  • Renown: 490
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
  • Long Live NA_1
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems, HoC, Acre, MB, HG, Beserks
  • Game nicks: _Tojo, Drew_Brees, Tijo
« Reply #38 on: June 22, 2013, 10:40:27 pm »
guys its the weekend though we can stay up alll night C-rpg partyyyyy!!!!
wasnt there just a thread about some faction could only play during their Primetime. Also, both sides have to have mercs at 7am...

dont even try using logic when disputing with Frisians. Their minds are only concerned with homoerotic fantasies, trolling and tables...

Offline Artyem

• King
  • Renown: 1218
  • Infamy: 264
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • SODOM Shaman
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul / Raven / SODOMY
  • Game nicks: Artyem
« Reply #39 on: June 22, 2013, 10:50:12 pm »
+3

-HoC is good at strat

Being the #1 FCC Vassal NA as well as the original vassal, I've never been told who or when to attack by FCC, nor by anyone.  I have worked with FCC in the past against Hero Party (now Semen Storm) and we used some coordinated attacks and reinforcement, but never have they went "Go and attack these guys because we don't like them".

I think FCC is large enough and has enough of their own shit under control that if they wanted to attack somebody they wouldn't order a faction comprised of new(ish) clans to do their work for them.

Also, when can I get gear and gold from FCC?  I mean, JC says everyone got gear but where the fuck is my paycheck?

Sordida asinum latronibus sumus

Offline Artyem

• King
  • Renown: 1218
  • Infamy: 264
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • SODOM Shaman
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul / Raven / SODOMY
  • Game nicks: Artyem
« Reply #40 on: June 22, 2013, 11:04:21 pm »
+5
Nah, but without people like Smoothrich posting my interest for Diplomacy went out the window.  With these new belligerents I don't have anyone to cyber with, and posting in neutrality is boring.

Sordida asinum latronibus sumus

Offline Adoptagoat

• Count
  • Renown: 237
  • Infamy: 25
  • cRPG Player
  • Know your Goat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 22, 2013, 11:07:16 pm »
+10
Nah, but without people like Smoothrich posting my interest for Diplomacy went out the window.  With these new belligerents I don't have anyone to cyber with, and posting in neutrality is boring.

Yeah, we all miss smoothrich's valuable contribution to the community and forums.  Someone give him admin and a 30 man clan already.
Adoptagoat: http://i.imgur.com/p5s51.gif
Voso the Worst: thats you
Adoptagoat: I know.

Offline Goretooth

• Duke
  • Renown: 634
  • Infamy: 237
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 22, 2013, 11:26:29 pm »
+6
Clearly

I am the only FCC vassal

Braeden - Clanless maybe? or Free Peasant not sure - Rarely plays, plus might be retarded
Tydeus - Nord EU Scum - Hates adminning

Offline Kaelaen

• Count
  • Renown: 163
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
  • Peasant
    • View Profile
    • H2O Kaelaen's Youtube Videos
  • Faction: Blandiloquent Rampallion Deutereagonists (BRD)
  • Game nicks: Kaelaen_BRD
  • IRC nick: Kaelaen
« Reply #43 on: June 22, 2013, 11:47:14 pm »
+6
Kalam let his eyes drift toward the color show on the horizon, a satisfied sigh escaping his lips. On a plate too close to his chin, the after math of a war with mustard-based barbecue lay in stray crumbs and spilled sauce. "How can we get Kesh to stop talking?"

"It's easy. You just close his mouth," replied one of his wise wives.

"Right," the old sneak replied as he washed down the scent of pork with a barley-heavy beer. "If only. And how do we make the more eloquent Kesh be quiet?"

"The same way, but it looks like someone already did it. Also, I think the second Kesh calls himself 'DAH-ROO-VEE-UHN'."

"You're right as always, my dear. Come, let's finish this wondrous meal the way it needs to be finished. With a buttermilk pie! We need to share this recipe with our friends, who this second Kesh insists are our vassals. We don't have vassals, do we?"

"No, but if you get fat, someone's going to be sleeping on the couch."

"If I get fat, and all our soldiers get fat, we will crush our enemies and..." Kalam licked his lips. "...maybe we can even eat them after we're done sacking their castles."

It's not roleplay unless it's in italics!  How am I supposed to take this post seriously?!  -1.

-idlewind
-idlewind

Offline dynamike

• King
  • Renown: 1212
  • Infamy: 187
  • Let's be friends again?
    • View Profile
    • The Remnants Clan Website
  • Faction: Stratia
  • Game nicks: Remnant_dynamike
« Reply #44 on: June 23, 2013, 12:55:10 am »
+2
This is literally the worst thread on the forums. It makes me so mad to read that I refuse to even up/down vote anyone in here.

I will go and furiously masturbate now until I fall unconscious from my chair from sperm and blood loss (yes, I will masturbate REALLY hard) and forget all about this monstrous turd of a non diplomatic whatsoever thread.

You are all worse than each other (if this is even possible) and should be ashamed of your behavior and feel terribly guilty if I don't wake up from my post-masturbatory coma.

Because it will be YOUR fault.

Can you live with that?

Can you?

(click to show/hide)
For while the fire in the heart of a single Remnant still burns... can Stratia truly have fallen?