Author Topic: NA Admins These Days...  (Read 3356 times)

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
Re: NA Admins These Days...
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2013, 04:09:28 am »
+3
I think you should be able to have any name you wish as well as the ability to say anything you wish, excluding divulging real-life information about someone without their consent. It'd be ideal for players to be able to permanently mute people client-side so they wouldn't have to do it each map, and for players to be able to "mute" names that they find offensive, be it through a word-filter or simply replacing the objectionable name with a blank space or pre-determined text like "i chose a naughty name".

Not many people agree with me, though. I wouldn't use the privilege to say controversial things more than very rarely, because such a thing is pretty rude, but I strongly feel that one should be free to be a rude, obnoxious, hostile cunt if one chooses.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2013, 04:14:30 am »
+1
..Did you really take offense to this? Obvious trolling by Tydeus
It actually wasn't even related to tanken, I was making fun of someone that used the word 'nerd' as an insult while playing a very nerdy game. This pretty much sums up the whole thread, honestly.
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline ArysOakheart

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1322
  • Infamy: 176
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Peasants of Fisdnar
  • Game nicks: Arys_TheDrunkenPeasant
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2013, 04:22:12 am »
+13
..Did you really take offense to this? Obvious trolling by Tydeus

Should admins be allowed to troll players? What kind of message does that send to players new to the community?

Offline LordLargos

• Count
  • Renown: 279
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn (Lord,X-Champion)
  • Game nicks: Largos the Weaboo Wrangler, HoC Lord Largos
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2013, 04:30:29 am »
+1
You're dense. It was a joke because your ignorance(I'm just going to assume it's ignorance as the only other alternative requires you to be an idiot) was irritating. I also have/had the characters: Farfalle, Bigoli, Campanelle, Gigli, Bucatini, Croxetti, Angel_Hair, and others that I'm sure I have forgotten. It's just the theme I chose to use for my alts nearly 2 years ago.

Please pull your head out of your anus.

No spaghetti therefore argument is invalid.
Well, this doesn't look good for you. Four team kills - definitely intentional, Appeared to be afk more than once in the video.Also kicking people off of walls is grieving! don't do it.... but ill let you off with a warning this time, only because I don't like largos anyway.

Offline partyboy

• Earl
  • Renown: 477
  • Infamy: 133
  • cRPG Player
  • BRING BACK LADDERS
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GODQUEEN_PARTYGIRL_OF_BIRD
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2013, 05:34:44 am »
+1
You could always try to ask the devs to tighten up the rules on offensive names/language, but they're too busy putting on their grandfathers' SS uniforms in their basement muttering about something rising again.
Subject displays signs of antisocial behaviour

Offline partyboy

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • BRING BACK LADDERS
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2013, 05:35:45 am »
Like when they say no n-words allowed, they aren't talking about the word being off-limits.  You'd know this if you play NA 1 and see how often it's thrown around.

Offline Artyem

• King
  • Renown: 1218
  • Infamy: 264
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • SODOM Shaman
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul / Raven / SODOMY
  • Game nicks: Artyem
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2013, 07:08:48 am »
+3
It isn't that it's necessarily 'offensive' as much as it is just poor conduct for an admin.  This is the same issue people had with Smoothrich; when he was an admin I really didn't care for his humor, but now that he's just another player I find him to be amusing.

As Arys said, what kind of impression does it make on our new players?  I don't think it makes a good one at all when admins contradict the rules they attempt to enforce.

EDIT:

No, but really, who is/was Adam_Lanza_Fan?

Sordida asinum latronibus sumus

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2013, 07:31:58 am »
+7
I always joked about NA being special but now it's a fact. Being offended by pasta is kinda wow. Maybe start a petition that his names get changed to burgers because he actually has all kind of (about a year old) axis of evil pasta alts. And no, my old friendottini is not the oldest of them.

Offline Legs

• Marshall
  • Renown: 819
  • Infamy: 88
  • cRPG Player
  • Loco Motive
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Arms, Legs
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2013, 07:33:17 am »
+3
Like when they say no n-words allowed, they aren't talking about the word being off-limits.  You'd know this if you play NA 1 and see how often it's thrown around.

Players with the usernames "Digger Nicks" and "A Numb Digger" have been banned because their names could have been construed to contain hate speech. I personally have witnessed several cases of players being muted or banned for saying things like "sup nigga" to their friends, when they're clearly joking and actual racism is clearly absent.

The bottom line is that some admins enforce the strictest possible interpretation of the rules while completely avoiding responsibility themselves, and that this kind of hypocritical behavior is obviously wrong.
Legs are used for standing, walking, jumping, running, kicking, and similar activities.

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2013, 07:36:00 am »
+8
No, but really, who is/was Adam_Lanza_Fan?

Who do you think Adam_Lanza_Fan was? Protip, he posted in this thread, is a giant my old friendottini and was "retired" from the admin business for his exploits.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 07:39:47 am by Paul »

Offline partyboy

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • BRING BACK LADDERS
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2013, 07:36:04 am »
no but you see it ended with an -a, not an -er, clearly a different word

Offline raccoonlord

• Baron
  • Renown: 132
  • Infamy: 25
  • HoC_Raccoon
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HoC
  • Game nicks: HoC_Funesti_Equites, HoC_HeavyHitter_Monty, AND MANY MORE!!!
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2013, 07:57:12 am »
+2
I always joked about NA being special but now it's a fact. Being offended by pasta is kinda wow. Maybe start a petition that his names get changed to burgers because he actually has all kind of (about a year old) axis of evil pasta alts. And no, my old friendottini is not the oldest of them.

It's not necessarily that people take offense to it, but the fact that admins continuously ban people for indecent names yet can have an obvious troll name like "my old friendattini"

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2013, 07:58:47 am »
+2
I remember angel_hair, never knew that was an alt.

If your pasta name offends people, is it really that hard to pick a different variety and make a name change? I'm a fan of thick cut pastas like tagliatelle and farfalloni. It's a lot easier to get that perfect al dente texture than with thin pasta.

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2013, 08:40:58 am »
If your pasta name offends people, is it really that hard to pick a different variety and make a name change?
Difficult? It would take me a total of 15 seconds. Will I? Not unless chadz or cmp demand such(Ha Ha!). I've actually become quite irritated at how eager everyone in this thread is to censor things. Yes, the word contains the sequence of characters "my old friend" and looks similar to "bundle of sticks", but to censor my old friendottini is to censor the word black in spanish and many other legitimate words. So I refuse.
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Tanken

• King
  • Renown: 1463
  • Infamy: 395
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Tanken
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2013, 08:49:31 am »
+10

The whole point of this thread isn't necessarily about his obvious troll name. Look at his response to my simple mention of his name and the following comments. Not to mention that his whole demeanor towards other players in the separate chat.

Also, Tydeus, I reported it twice in i chat, both times while it was happening.

I think it's quite evident by the outcry of most members posting on this thread that what you did was wrong, and that your name, while it is, and as I have made clear is Pasta, you as an admin and a long time player knew the exact risk and the exact reasoning behind why you chose my old friendottini.

You can't cry poor-me when someone calls you out on it. Had you simply said "It's a pasta joke" instead of "Fuck you." "You're a fucking dimwit." "Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck" or whatever the hell you said, I would have let it go and most others would have as well. However, your demeanor towards me, and other players was entirely unacceptable. You are an admin, and stay admin, by the support of your peers and this community. I like how you mentioned how you'll stay an admin since chadz and CMP have to say otherwise--you're basically hiring behind your power and not admitting to any wrong doing.

Shame on you Tydeus, you were more well-respected than this, at least by me. But your behavior was, and is entirely unacceptable. Step up, or step the fuck down because there are a lot better individuals in NA that could fill your role and do it 100x better.
Below is a Collection of Finalists in my Design my Avatar contest -- They all did Awesome!
Thanks to all of those who contributed.