Poll

Choose the 2 classes you find most OP in game currently. 5 days from now poll closes.

xbow on foot
26 (4.4%)
xbow on horseback
158 (26.7%)
2hander on foot
128 (21.6%)
2hander on horseback
22 (3.7%)
polearm on foot
31 (5.2%)
polearm / shield on horseback
12 (2%)
archer on foot
12 (2%)
archer on horseback
12 (2%)
1hander shielder on foot
13 (2.2%)
1hander shielder on horseback
48 (8.1%)
hoplite
49 (8.3%)
thrower on foot
17 (2.9%)
thrower on horseback
12 (2%)
1hander without shield
52 (8.8%)

Total Members Voted: 374

Voting closed: June 18, 2013, 12:16:20 am

Author Topic: What class is OP  (Read 8718 times)

Offline BASNAK

• King
  • Renown: 1349
  • Infamy: 170
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MolonLave_Garlic
Re: What class is OP
« Reply #45 on: June 13, 2013, 03:37:01 pm »
+1
It still makes me laugh that ppl consider 2h OP: sure, its high damage and nice animations...but its countered by correct use of, wait for it: BLOCKING. Block, dont chase the backpeddlers, and stand your ground, be ready to kick the fucker away, and no 2h can do shit. Then it comes down to: who can keep the fight up for longer without missing a block. And some can say, SURE, untill the 2hander uses footwork to outrange: to this I have 2 responses: 1/ DONT chase backpeddlers, if it REALLY gets to you take 2 powerthrow and put a throwing dart in the bundle of sticks each time he tries to backpeddle, he will soon run at you again when he realises that he's been cunted, and 2/ Polearms are infinitely better at outreaching, due to their longer weapons, better selection of non-straight weapons (If your weapon is curved or has a head, like an axe has, you WILL hit earlier in animation in Warband, thats a broken mechanic but noone has seen fit to try to correct, due to hitboxes being linear), and nice damage even with decent agility instead of strengh.

Even kickspammers can be countered now by kicking them back and knocking them down, but this nudge shit: can I counternudge? Nope, just eat shit and die, dickhead, its your fault for trying to have a fight with someone, rather than just look for the easiest way to give them no chance of fighting back. My bad.

OP: Broken nudge. Look at game previously: attacking or blocking: slows your movement....kicking: stops you completely.... jumping: forces you to stop when landing for half a second: Nudging? Just fucking sprint on thru bro, its all good.

Nudge is the result of someone love of their own code, they made something, they wont admit its breaking the game, cause they are too happy with themselves.

I don't think all of us have the mad skillz like you bro
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 13, 2013, 04:21:42 pm »
+6
It still makes me laugh that ppl consider 2h OP: sure, its high damage and nice animations...but its countered by correct use of, wait for it: BLOCKING.

And how does that not apply to 1h or polearms ?

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #47 on: June 13, 2013, 04:44:13 pm »
+3
I voted 2h & 1h no shield.  2H isn't OP it's just very strong, and I already know nudge is being worked on so it's a moot point.

Anyone who votes HX as an OP class is a big whiny babby.
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #48 on: June 13, 2013, 04:55:57 pm »
Where's the "No class is overpowered" option?

Nudge is a little overpowered (you can keep your swing chambered or blocked, moving full speed as you try to nudge), but that (to me) still wouldn't make 1h "OP"
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Angellore

• Count
  • Renown: 275
  • Infamy: 52
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 13, 2013, 05:11:20 pm »
+1
I think nothing is OP, but there are some slight balance issues with the game.

xbow on horseback:
Horse speed bonus added to damage gives too huge additional damage - should be decreased a lot.

2hander on foot:
Thrust range should be reduced. Also, 2h animations almost never glances - it's too easy to run around your enemies like crazy and spam swings.

polearm on foot:
Pikes/long spears deals too huge damage to humans. Same time they deals too low damage to horses. They should get 200% damage buff vs horses, but deal just 50% of current damage to human targets.

archer on foot:
Poor class atm. You can do fine only with very high level (33-34 or more) and plenty of experience in it.

archer on horseback:
HA deals slightly too low damage currently. Should get at least +10% bonus to damage.

1hander shielder on horseback:
Deals too high damage. It can 1 hit kill almost everything.

Other things:
Arabian Warhorse got crazy maneuver. Should be decreased at least by 2 points.
Nudge should be removed for now from main servers. It's fine on DTV, but not on main servers.
Knockdown should be removed from Great Maul - at least for strategus battles.
High damage pierce weapons, like morningstar or awlpike are too effective vs heavy armors - they seems to almost completely ignore it.

Offline TheAppleSauceMan

• Duke
  • Renown: 553
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • dear god I hate throwers
    • View Profile
    • Look and you'll enjoy.
  • Faction: Dracul, RUFF RYDERS
  • Game nicks: Dracul_AppleSauce_FieldBauss | Wiff Khalifa | U_Having_A_Giggle_M8
« Reply #50 on: June 13, 2013, 06:09:35 pm »
+1
Yeah I don't think anything is really OP right now, but I voted for 2h on foot and 1h w/shield on horse.

I'm a shielder so I had to vote 2h as it's in my blood. And I just think 1H cav is gay, mainly because bump-slash is fucking lame lol.

I was going to vote for throwers on foot, but I don't think they're OP, there's just a shit ton of them lately and it's quite frustrating.
I'm rock, nerf paper, scissors is fine. Welcome to c-RPG.

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 13, 2013, 06:24:38 pm »
People who state what class they are in their thread should have their votes removed. That you think in terms of being one class stops you from being able to see. Play all classes all the time.

Anyway: Greatmaul without knockdown? dont joke.

Pierce weapons ignoring armor: Yes of course, thats their job.

Throwers OP: in 1v1, sure. Low ammo count is balancer.

2hander never glances: Sure, when STR crutch swings it. Otherwise, glancefest. Learn to block, no longer an issue.

And how does that not apply to 1h or polearms ?

Sure, it does to polearms, but noone was moaning about it. It doesn't help with one handers: you block, they press V, your fucked.

I don't think all of us have the mad skillz like you bro

If you cannot easily kill 80-90% of ppl you encounter on battle then you should keep your opinion to yourself untill you l2p. Of course, gank is gank, dieing to multiple enemies can often be purely unlucky, or being shot, or horsebumped, doesnt really mean the person killing you is any better, they were just in the advantagous position.

The only really OP thing atm is nudge. Everything else is counterable by using brain. If brain not up to job, find easy game like WoW where its just remembering sequences of buttons. Also: Ban everyone under 20 from playing, so OP their fucking reaction times, once u get close to 30 its gets harder to fucking react :C
I don't know enough

Offline TheAppleSauceMan

• Duke
  • Renown: 553
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • dear god I hate throwers
    • View Profile
    • Look and you'll enjoy.
  • Faction: Dracul, RUFF RYDERS
  • Game nicks: Dracul_AppleSauce_FieldBauss | Wiff Khalifa | U_Having_A_Giggle_M8
« Reply #52 on: June 13, 2013, 06:35:00 pm »

2hander never glances: Sure, when STR crutch swings it. Otherwise, glancefest. Learn to block, no longer an issue.

I think it's more of learning to turn into swings and not attack at bad angles. I ran around on a STF that was 9/30, only 3 PS, with a katana. I rarely ever glanced. Even on extremely heavy armor.  :D
I'm rock, nerf paper, scissors is fine. Welcome to c-RPG.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 13, 2013, 06:39:21 pm »
Sure, it does to polearms, but noone was moaning about it. It doesn't help with one handers: you block, they press V, your fucked.

I haven't seen many people use nudges but enough to say it is a little more complex than that. Can't say they are or aren't OP at the moment though. With nudges aside (because they are getting a hotfix) 1h no shield is the worst melee "class" anyway.

Also about polearms I for one bitch about them because unlike 2h you can't block after they release, with the craxy amount of frame skipping that is going on (and also that a wiggle looks exactly like a pole swing but that's fair and  a somewhat skill based way to feint) and animations just straight lying when they exist (famous glaives & co hitting before the weapon model connects).

Offline Konrax

• Count
  • Renown: 281
  • Infamy: 107
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Konrax of Chaos
« Reply #54 on: June 13, 2013, 06:51:29 pm »
A skilled 1h fighter without a shield using the proper weapon is better than most 2h and polearms.

LEE for example is imo the best 1h duelist weapon, its long, fast, and stabs very well.

Only down side is the swing damage, but with nudge you poke em in the eye, then in the heart.

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 13, 2013, 07:03:00 pm »
Kafein:

As Ive stated: All weapons with a head larger than the shaft will hit before the visible model connects. That is because all hitboxes are straight lines. Not the shaft, but from the hand of character, to the furthest forward part of the head/blade. This is more pronounced on poles because heads are very large, and the "invisible line" from the head of weapon to the users hand depicts a larger triangle (with the shaft of the weapon as the other side of the triangle), and also Im pretty sure the end of the hitbox is the LEFT hand on polearms, unlike the right on 2handers. Again, I can draw a pic if you want.

Anyway:

I think it's more of learning to turn into swings and not attack at bad angles. I ran around on a STF that was 9/30, only 3 PS, with a katana. I rarely ever glanced. Even on extremely heavy armor.  :D

9/30 WM is 10. Thats close to 200 wpf. Thats almost double damage. 10 athletics: 200% speed bonus (I believe thats still currently max on foot). Katana: curved blade, hitting very early in animation because of reasons Ive stated above. I can take anyone's argument ad absurdium like you have done, it doesn't make me right. In this case, it makes you either a/ silly for thinking I don't know how to spam2h (I am willing to bet you 100k that I can endlessly beat you in duel with mirrord characters and gear) b/ just making a silly point for the joy of seeing your own text (love hearing your own voice). I think you are US player, so I will forgive your foolishness.
(click to show/hide)
I don't know enough

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 13, 2013, 07:09:48 pm »
A skilled 1h fighter without a shield using the proper weapon is better than most 2h and polearms.

LEE for example is imo the best 1h duelist weapon, its long, fast, and stabs very well.

Only down side is the swing damage, but with nudge you poke em in the eye, then in the heart.
Side sword is extremely well too.
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 13, 2013, 07:11:44 pm »
Long espada is betta. They both 400 years out of place but o well....
I don't know enough

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 13, 2013, 07:15:11 pm »
Side sword has better speed and better cut damage. Making it a very good duelling weapon. Both are very good. I own both at the moment. Long espada is obviously good with heavier armor, because it makes you compensate the movement speed with more reach. Side sword is also thinner, making it harder to spot for your opponent.
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420