Author Topic: Can you increase the armour difficulty ?? VIDEO ADDED!  (Read 3602 times)

Offline Macropus

• King
  • Renown: 1668
  • Infamy: 296
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macropus
Re: Can you increase the armour difficulty ??
« Reply #45 on: June 10, 2013, 12:56:01 pm »
+3
Pros and Cons of being a 2h agi whore with a 15/24 build.

- Fast
- Can outspam 90% of other weapons
- Can wear heavy armour up to gothic plate, AND STILL BE FAST as hell
- Uber protection from both melee and ranged, because of the plate cruth
- Gain a lot of speed bonus, because of your high Ath and WM

Cons

- ???
- ???
- ???
- ???

Pros and Cons of being an Str whore like myself 27/12 Poleaxe

- Strong
- ???
- ???
- ???

Cons

- Slow ass motherfucker
- Everyone can outspam you
- You don`t have the slightest bonus with the heavy armour that you wear, because the happy teenage agi hero, CAN WEAR THE SAME ARMOUR LIKE YOU AND STILL BE FASTER!!!
Panos, that's just total bullshit. 
You obviously have not tried playing high agi 2h, let me tell you how it feels.
1) You can't outspam everyone. It's is just easier to spam, but even so, you can only spam when your enemy makes a mistake in his timing. You can also spam with high str builds really effectively because of non-glancing attacks at any angle, btw.
2) Heavy armor is utterly useless for an high-agi char. Why? Because it cuts your athletics to zero. You can still be (comparingly) fast when running straight (as well as any str-plate crutcher), but you lose all your ability to change your moving directions smoothly, and it is the main purpose of having athletics, not running fast. And so all the speed bonus fades away.
3) You don't get much protection because of low HP (low str + usuallo no IF). The heavier armor you use, the more useless your agi becomes (which is nt noticeable for str- and very noticeable for agi-chars.

Now about pros:
1) You're maneuverable and fast (if you use right gear).
2) Speed bonus kinda compensates for low damage if you use it.

Of course, no one should underestimate the advantage of being maneuverable. It's easier to break through the enemy's "block barrier" (I mean to make him miss a hit), you can change your targets really quickly in the fight, you can run away in a lot of bad situations. But still it leaves you really fragile and weak.

If agi characters are so effective in heavy armor, why do you think they're so shit on Strat, where everyone's using heavy armor? Think about it...

PS: what I agree with you on though, is that the difficulty of heavy armor should go up to 21 str or even 24. I want tincans to be slower and stronger, as they should be.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 01:08:39 pm by Macropus »

Offline wayyyyyne

• Marshall
  • Renown: 725
  • Infamy: 233
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Can you increase the armour difficulty ?? VIDEO ADDED!
« Reply #46 on: June 10, 2013, 01:40:41 pm »
the grudge you hold against 2handers is bordering the obsessive Panos

most armors could use an increase in their STR requirement though

Offline bagge

• King
  • Renown: 1056
  • Infamy: 275
  • cRPG Player
  • Duke of Poland
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: bagge
« Reply #47 on: June 10, 2013, 01:48:57 pm »
I would actually say the same if I was ranged to, and 90% of my gametime was, PEW run PEW run PEW, and only melee when I was the last guy or when I was cornered, and please Bagge, do tell me, apart from my logical request to add Power Draw to xbow, have you ever seen me "whining" about ranged being OP?? NO YOU HAVEN`T, because I find it normal to die from ranged, and, I sucked it up, and I spent 3 points to have a shield, and the gameplay for me is a lot better now.

Have you ever seen me "whining" about 1h being OP?? Apart from their high chance of knockdown, I never said anything else about the class, because I find it normal that short weapons are faster than my polearm, I don`t even mind the uber crazy abusable, nudge + kick combination that lot of 1handers use, I sucked it up, and forced myself to use kicks.

No matter how much time I spend on duel server trying to find the slightest thing that will give me a small advantage as a polearmer against 2handers, I come up always to a dead end, fuck , a couple  days ago, I was dueling GTX,  he was hugging me, and he used a lolstab, I COULD HEAR THE BOUNCE SOUND, but not only he wasn`t stunned, but he could land a new full stab!!!

Please I beg you, teach me a way to counter 2handers as a polearmer and I promise to shut the fuck up.

Come come. I'm just saying that your obsessive whine against 2h's is getting pretty old. You've made your point clear, several times :P tbh you should ditch the STR build and go for a 18/24 a la Tor instead.
I hope you guys get some sort of sticky balls deseases and smell like my armpits, sorry excusese for nolife fucking cunts you are.

Offline Panos

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 1319
  • Infamy: 551
  • cRPG Player
  • Hate for 2h kuyak my old friends.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Varangian Guard
  • Game nicks: Varangian_Panos
  • IRC nick: Panos
« Reply #48 on: June 10, 2013, 02:03:19 pm »
Come come. I'm just saying that your obsessive whine against 2h's is getting pretty old. You've made your point clear, several times :P tbh you should ditch the STR build and go for a 18/24 a la Tor instead.

change class and gamestyle because of a totally OP and broken class.

SEEMS LEGIT.

Maybe I should go ranged and pretend I`m robin hood, or even better LEGOLAS!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline bagge

• King
  • Renown: 1056
  • Infamy: 275
  • cRPG Player
  • Duke of Poland
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: bagge
« Reply #49 on: June 10, 2013, 02:33:52 pm »
change class and gamestyle because of a totally OP and broken class.

SEEMS LEGIT.

Maybe I should go ranged and pretend I`m robin hood, or even better LEGOLAS!

Tor uses a polearm.

Anyway, sometimes you have to adapt your gamestyle.
I hope you guys get some sort of sticky balls deseases and smell like my armpits, sorry excusese for nolife fucking cunts you are.

Offline Herkkutatti666

• Duke
  • Renown: 585
  • Infamy: 285
  • cRPG Player
  • Rips pärs
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 10, 2013, 02:37:03 pm »
You can also spam with high str builds really effectively because of non-glancing attacks at any angle, btw.
Yeah sure, this shows you haven't tested str builds..

Offline Macropus

• King
  • Renown: 1668
  • Infamy: 296
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macropus
« Reply #51 on: June 10, 2013, 03:07:01 pm »
Yeah sure, this shows you haven't tested str builds..
I haven't.  :D
Yeah, my wording wasn't correct enough. With STR build you can spam because of lower chance of glance even at bad angles.
Now that should be correct.

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 10, 2013, 03:11:06 pm »
I have - the difference is that it's a far less risky move with greater rewards, when you're a str build.

You deliver more damage per hit and, if the opponent does return a hit, it'll hurt for a much smaller % of your HP. So much so, it's actually a viable "playstyle" with a heavily armored str char and a hard hitting 2h (see ivani4 and others).

Offline jasonjay543

• Knight
  • Renown: 67
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: xX
« Reply #53 on: June 10, 2013, 03:12:09 pm »
+5

Pros and Cons of being an Str whore like myself 27/12 Poleaxe

- Strong
- ???
- ???
- ???

Cons

- Slow ass motherfucker
- Everyone can outspam you
- You don`t have the slightest bonus with the heavy armour that you wear, because the happy teenage agi hero, CAN WEAR THE SAME ARMOUR LIKE YOU AND STILL BE FASTER!!!

YOLOSWAG MY MAN, Yes I whinne, I really do, Yes I`m a noob, and aaaaaaaaall you are 10 times better than me.

Let me fix that for you:

- Durable.
- Heavy Hitting (One-Two hit most enemies.)
- Long lasting if you can block.
- As for the polearm part, you can S key and still do infinite amounts of damage.

Cons

- Slow
- Everyone can outspam you Invalid if you can block.
- You don`t have the slightest bonus with the heavy armour that you wear, because the happy teenage agi hero, CAN WEAR THE SAME ARMOUR LIKE YOU AND STILL BE FASTER!!! Also invalid because the "Agi hero" does not have 9 IF, he has 5.

Quit bitching about everything and just get better, Panos.

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #54 on: June 10, 2013, 03:26:38 pm »
+2
While your hate towards 2h players is getting borderline ridiculous, the armour difficulty was always a bit too low. Wouldn't mind seeing a (minor) change.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #55 on: June 10, 2013, 04:05:36 pm »
Meh, most effective armor for anything else than strat battles and maybe dueling is medium, I don't see any point in making the heavier armor require more str. Also Panos, this is coming from me, one of the biggest 2h haters in this game, nerf the long/bastard/heavy bastard by 1-2 speed, make the 2hstab slightly less viable at facehug range, add those nudges to poles and 2h and shield bashes to shielders, and the melee will be pretty balanced. Teeth all of those things you listed apply just as much to poles, and 1h got regular slightly greater speed/shields/(once nudges are added to the other classes) somewhat more powerful nudges to compensate.

Zlisch, everyone can run fast naked, even a guy with 2 athletics can run fast with no armour at all, so your argument is invalid, and also most agi players, have some IF, so chances are he will need 4-5 hits, because of the IF + Heavy armour combination.
Yeah, one small issue here, an agi guy will run much more fast in no armor than in heavy armor than an str guy will, and an STR player could just pick more IF and then he'll need 6-7 hits, so whatever.
Also,
No matter how much time I spend on duel server trying to find the slightest thing that will give me a small advantage as a polearmer against 2handers, I come up always to a dead end, fuck , a couple  days ago, I was dueling GTX,  he was hugging me, and he used a lolstab, I COULD HEAR THE BOUNCE SOUND, but not only he wasn`t stunned, but he could land a new full stab!!!
is one of the most common techniques that still work for getting hits in on good players, and can be done with everything that can stab, including poles.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Panos

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 1319
  • Infamy: 551
  • cRPG Player
  • Hate for 2h kuyak my old friends.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Varangian Guard
  • Game nicks: Varangian_Panos
  • IRC nick: Panos
« Reply #56 on: June 10, 2013, 04:09:23 pm »
While your hate towards 2h players is getting borderline ridiculous, the armour difficulty was always a bit too low. Wouldn't mind seeing a (minor) change.

I know it , but I can`t help it  :mrgreen:

Offline Mammonist

• Earl
  • Renown: 426
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Centi
« Reply #57 on: June 10, 2013, 05:08:31 pm »
+1
that brings us to the next point: do something about 1h nudge, make it counterable

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 10, 2013, 05:10:15 pm »
^ only scrubs die to spam

Only scrubs dare do anything bar straight attacks and spam. I hate this 2013 meta

Btw Panos, the problem here is armor simultaneously giving too much damage reduce and a sligthtly too low agility malus. Nothing related to 2h or even to builds.

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 10, 2013, 05:16:40 pm »
+3
Lets do some maths

3.3 X 2 = 6.6 KGR

0.7 X 3 = 2.1 KGR

Your math is wrong. Running speed is decreased by "pure" weight, weight multiplied by 2 (in the case of head armor) or 4 (gloves) decrease effective wpf.

And I don't get your point Panos (except for hating 2h ofc :P), you're saying that agi builds are OP in comparison to str ones?  :shock: