Author Topic: Another fucking troll post- this time: on archery  (Read 2756 times)

Offline Stormcrow

• Knight
  • Renown: 61
  • Infamy: 58
  • cRPG Player
  • The spirit is willing, but the body is weak
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Stormcrow, Ragnarok
Re: Another fucking troll post- this time: on archery
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2013, 03:08:46 am »
solution is simple, dont play archery. Here are the choices

play 2h and hit someone in 50 armor twice to kill them, takes 2-5 seconds

Or shoot someone in 50 armor 5-6 times while not being able to kick, block, jump or move. Takes about 35 secs providing you hit them every time.

Choice is clear, only morons play archer builds

Gen 19 lvl34 archer

Offline Stormcrow

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2013, 04:07:47 am »
+2
I just shot shana 9 times with mw horn bow, mw bodkins and 6 pd  and she didnt die. She was only wearing black lamellar and a straw hat. Ran out of arrows before I could kill her.  So may have previously under exaggerated the weakness of archery, my mistake.
Gen 19 lvl34 archer

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2013, 12:54:06 pm »
mw horn bow

You would need more hits with a sickle and 6 PS, just saying.

Offline peter_afca7

• Count
  • Renown: 224
  • Infamy: 113
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BLABLA
  • Game nicks: BLABLABLA
« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2013, 01:24:19 pm »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Stormcrow

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2013, 03:35:46 pm »
+1
Um a sickle would cost you 47 gold, while mw horn bow and mw bodkins cost 13, 000 gold and 6 loom points. A theoretical value of 2.4 million gold.

For 5 round the max upkeep for the sickle would be 15 gold. For horn bow and bodkins its around 1000g.

You tell me what the better value is.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 03:41:56 pm by Stormcrow »
Gen 19 lvl34 archer

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2013, 06:36:50 pm »
Um a sickle would cost you 47 gold, while mw horn bow and mw bodkins cost 13, 000 gold and 6 loom points. A theoretical value of 2.4 million gold.

For 5 round the max upkeep for the sickle would be 15 gold. For horn bow and bodkins its around 1000g.

You tell me what the better value is.

MW sickle if you want

My point is, why not compare the strongest melee weapons with the strongest bows on a large sample size instead of taking apart one outlier event and start to qq over it. Damage comparisons are completely meaningless anyway, as one can't block arrows.

Offline HoboJoe

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2013, 09:29:47 pm »
+1
MW sickle if you want
23C OF DOOM! It's like getting cut open with a spoon!
I am American, and therefore it is my business to meddle in other peoples affairs.

Offline Stormcrow

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 09, 2013, 05:18:12 am »
Shield
Gen 19 lvl34 archer

Offline Sellka

• Knight
  • Renown: 28
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Acre
  • Game nicks: Sellka,kovoca
« Reply #38 on: June 09, 2013, 10:32:19 pm »
I use to play archery three years ago, back when I could actually hit things for a dam. the way archery is now, you can't support your allies in combat, it all required timing and lots of practice. I know back then I could build a 18 18 and actually hit something I was aiming at, and the damage with a un loomed longbow was good enough where you could kill something with 2-4 hits with bodkins.  Now I see a crossbow, reload faster then a longbow draw an arrow, and do less damage then the crossbow. all I can look at here is having the longbow Buffed, the rest can stay the same, since hornbows etc seem to have better accuracy then the longbow for some reason.
Pew pew pew pew pew

Offline Algarn

• King
  • Renown: 1230
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Algarn, Jorick
« Reply #39 on: June 10, 2013, 01:50:20 am »
I was longbowman until the level 33, I was acurate , fast , and powerful , at melee too ... Why did I stopped ? Because of upkeeps and shitty scores.

Archery is balanced, but repairs are high (I saw stats , I lost 39 k a day), and you need looms to be an archer. You never have valour as archer, even if you are a fucking sniper, a headshot gives you 2 points I think ... Long-range shot are almost impossible , and we have a shitty score for it ... So, the wayout is  :

-buff unloomed stuff and nerf loomed stuff (nohing will change for loomed archers , and archery will be more easy for new players)
-reduce prices for fuck sake ... Archery and throwing were cheapest things on the battlefield, in this game , a longbow cost MORE than the best 1 hander ...
-Change the scoring system please ... I saw guys in siege with 0/19 to have better scores than me with 8/3 ... you don't believe me , so , go on EU 2 ...

I don't believe in "ARCHERY IS NERFED AS FUCK !!" ... Michael, are you mad ? You use a nomad bow without looms and without bodkins , so , even with a lot of PD , you can't make a shit with a ligh bow. Archery is pretty balanced in a fight, even if that does require practice. Only those 3 things are pain. Don't expect to 1 shot a guy with a light bow, before QQ about archery, try bows like Rus , or longbow, and then , you will really feel the difference...
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 02:01:25 am by Algarn_of_Nord »

Offline Michael

• Don't take me seriously
  • Baron
  • Renown: 118
  • Infamy: 559
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 10, 2013, 06:34:17 pm »
You would need more hits with a sickle and 6 PS, just saying.

This was a missunderstanding. On my side. I was thinking he was talking about the native Rhodok (military) sickle. I didnt even know there is some cheap crap called sickle you can buy in the crpg shop.
I did not expect crpg players to be smart, but still, I did not expect anyone to be stupid enough wanting to compare a decent bow (in my opinion the nomad bow is the best bow for native competetive play) with some useless crap.

Anyhow, I am absofuckinglutely open for challenges. Nditions (native duel server), swadian infantery, default sword, best shield (heavy heater). Be it Mercs, Deserters or some other crpg-hero: tell me when you are ready, I was born ready.

Offline Michael

• Don't take me seriously
  • Baron
  • Renown: 118
  • Infamy: 559
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 10, 2013, 06:41:48 pm »
solution is simple, dont play archery. Here are the choices

play 2h and hit someone in 50 armor twice to kill them, takes 2-5 seconds

Depends on opponent, but most crpg players can be killed faster.

Or shoot someone in 50 armor 5-6 times while not being able to kick, block, jump or move. Takes about 35 secs providing you hit them every time.

Choice is clear, only morons play archer builds

That is my argument. Crpg devs should write something like: what is crpg? to sum it up: if you dont care about night/fog/ rain 24/7, great mod for people who love to hide in heavy armor and spam 2h, pole or pure 1h - all others play something else.