Author Topic: MURRICCA c-rpg clan league - If you build it they will come  (Read 35641 times)

Offline Gristle

• Duke
  • Renown: 560
  • Infamy: 130
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BRD
  • Game nicks: Gristle_BRD
Re: MURRICCA c-rpg clan league - If you build it they will come
« Reply #210 on: June 26, 2013, 05:11:07 am »
+4
I was going to let it go, BUT

If your really going to complain about people in separate clans playing together because their side of the pond does not have a team, step back. As I viewed the FCC league I viewed the fact that there were 3 different clans among you. Just like us. We had 7 frisians(with one switching out), jesus(well call him a random) and bagge. You had unicorns, BRD, and underscore ninja death squad.

I really hate to debate about this topic but I don't like it when people sling shit at me and I don't sling back, it upsets me

You take issue with FCC clans playing on the FCC team? This is somehow your justification for having an EU player in the NA league?

I know there's no rule against it, but I assume that one was left to common sense. I'd like this to become a written rule. No EU players. I'm not asking for that round to be redone or anything. Just for the future.

Offline Jack1

• Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 231
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jack1_, Abbud_Amari, The_Doc, Gottlob_Kohlman
  • IRC nick: Risen_Jack
« Reply #211 on: June 26, 2013, 05:17:51 am »
I was going to let it go, BUT

You take issue with FCC clans playing on the FCC team? This is somehow your justification for having an EU player in the NA league?

I know there's no rule against it, but I assume that one was left to common sense. I'd like this to become a written rule. No EU players. I'm not asking for that round to be redone or anything. Just for the future.

If you read the rules, there is nothing agents EU players.

And the thing being debated was on clans. And as you may know from a diplomacy post, FCC is a group of clans with the same intent.... Or something like that.
We're all nerds here, so it doesn't really matter.

Offline Aderyn

• Earl
  • Renown: 365
  • Infamy: 243
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Kalmar Union
  • Game nicks: Aderyn
« Reply #212 on: June 26, 2013, 05:22:10 am »
+4

Oh you. Here we go!

Just because it's called murrika league it has to be NA people in it? How narrowminded. It's hosted by our dear mrshine who is from NA with help from raven, hence called murricca league.

Feels like your going by the logic of "since the game is called mount and blade, there should be no ranged weapons in this game since it's not in the name of the game. *hurr durr*"

As a sidenote to give you more of a perspective, i was gonna play with the frisians too but got stuck in another game so that would mean 2 EU archers. Just because our clans havn't applied doesn't mean we can't play with the others. And why are you whining over your enemies using EU players on ravens server? It's like 150-160 ping for us, should be a huge advantage for you.

edit: you should already know EU players are allowed since i actually inquired if i could make a team and join on first page of this thread
Can't spell manslaughter without laughter.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #213 on: June 26, 2013, 05:31:40 am »
+3
Oh you. Here we go!

Just because it's called murrika league it has to be NA people in it? How narrowminded. It's hosted by our dear mrshine who is from NA with help from raven, hence called murricca league.

Feels like your going by the logic of "since the game is called mount and blade, there should be no ranged weapons in this game since it's not in the name of the game. *hurr durr*"

As a sidenote to give you more of a perspective, i was gonna play with the frisians too but got stuck in another game so that would mean 2 EU archers. Just because our clans havn't applied doesn't mean we can't play with the others. And why are you whining over your enemies using EU players on ravens server? It's like 150-160 ping for us, should be a huge advantage for you.

edit: you should already know EU players are allowed since i actually inquired if i could make a team and join on first page of this thread

Oh God. Frisia Team should be: Itchy, Kesh, Apollo, Bagge, Segd, DaveUKR, Aderyn and Rohy.

On a more serious note (I guess?): My own personal experience with the tournie so far has been pretty bad. I like the idea and everything and I did miss two of our match ups so maybe they were different but from the pre-season match and from the match with frisians i think the mindset of our team every round has been "watch out for that archer! we have to stay out of his sight until the flags come up or until he runs out of ammo!". I do have a crossbow which at least gives me the chance to get shot in the head while shooting back which is more than some guys and I do have a shield so I can at least have some hope of running at the archer but the general battle strategy seems to be for shielders to stand around with shields out, non-shielders to hide and archers to be nice and protected while shooting at the enemy team. Then whichever team wins the ranged battle generally wins the round. Ultimately as far as Fun goes, I have had very little with the tournie so far; it is season 1 though and I suspect changes will be proposed and made and that is why I wanted to say how I felt about things so far. If everyone else has been having fun then I guess things are fine as they are and no changes should be made. I just find it frustrating that the entire focus of every match I've played has been the enemy archer rather than the enemy melee or anything like that.

Offline Gristle

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: June 26, 2013, 05:34:15 am »
+1
Aderyn, you're in an NA clan and you always play on NA servers. I honestly think of you as an NA player. Same could be said for players like Badplayer. Clearly, exceptions can be made and should be discussed.

Offline Penguin

• Duke
  • Renown: 670
  • Infamy: 121
  • cRPG Player
  • JesusChrist
    • View Profile
  • Faction: [A]rrows Incoming!
  • Game nicks: [Y]Retreat!
« Reply #215 on: June 26, 2013, 05:38:01 am »
+7
(click to show/hide)

Week 3 Power Rankings

1. ►PRO (2-0) - Keep on keeping on, not much to say here, their next match against Raven and make up against RoR should prove pretty easy sport
2. ►Independents (2-1) - Dominated Astralis in a game overshadowed by a lot of back and forth bickering
3. Frisia (3-0) - Here we are, a series of unlikely events has somehow propelled this bumbling group of neanderthals to a 3-0 start. Who am I to deny the facts?
4. ►TKoV (2-1) - Got off to a slow start against Raven, but manhandled the next two maps. They remain a legitimate threat.
5. FCC (1-2) - Off to a slow start is in understatement. It seems like though their mercs and gear are great, they just don't mesh well with eachother in a situation reminiscent of LA Lakers 2012-13 season.
6. ►Astralis (0-3) - They've had tough matchups so far and boast the worst record. It will definitely be a challenge for Astralis to turn this season around
7. ►Raven (1-2) - Their shields just aren't getting the job done
8. ►RoR (1-1) - Are they even active anymore?

Week 4 predictions

FCC over Raven 2-0
TKoV over Frisia 2-1
PRO over Astralis 2-0
Independants over RoR 2-0

Predictions score: 3-5

To receive real time text message alerts text "NCKBRDALRTS" to 55403
"As you gaze upon the cross, and long for conformity to him, be not weary or fearful because you cannot express in words what you seek. Ask him to plant the cross in your heart. Believe in him, the crucified and now living one, to dwell within you, and breathe his own mind there."

Offline Aderyn

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: June 26, 2013, 05:40:04 am »
+2
Oh God. Frisia Team should be: Itchy, Kesh, Apollo, Bagge, Segd, DaveUKR, Aderyn and Rohy.

On a more serious note (I guess?): My own personal experience with the tournie so far has been pretty bad. I like the idea and everything and I did miss two of our match ups so maybe they were different but from the pre-season match and from the match with frisians i think the mindset of our team every round has been "watch out for that archer! we have to stay out of his sight until the flags come up or until he runs out of ammo!". I do have a crossbow which at least gives me the chance to get shot in the head while shooting back which is more than some guys and I do have a shield so I can at least have some hope of running at the archer but the general battle strategy seems to be for shielders to stand around with shields out, non-shielders to hide and archers to be nice and protected while shooting at the enemy team. Then whichever team wins the ranged battle generally wins the round. Ultimately as far as Fun goes, I have had very little with the tournie so far; it is season 1 though and I suspect changes will be proposed and made and that is why I wanted to say how I felt about things so far. If everyone else has been having fun then I guess things are fine as they are and no changes should be made. I just find it frustrating that the entire focus of every match I've played has been the enemy archer rather than the enemy melee or anything like that.

So the basis of your posts was that you got shot by a good archer in a teamgame? Why didn't you bring shielders, or equip your beloved 2h heroes with shields (i bet they are pure 2h, in which case they have themselves to blame for getting owned by range). This isn't some random stratbattle or NA_1. This is a teamleague, wich means playing tacticly is kinda important.

I played a little in team sweden in nations cup and i can tell you that having good synergy between the classes and sticking together and engaging at the right area is just as important as playerskill. Not to mention having a leader that knows the maps and makes good calls. Kinda like good ol' days in CounterStrike.

tl;dr If archers give you trouble, don't leave your shields at home/bring throwing weapons with your shields.

Offline Gristle

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: June 26, 2013, 05:43:39 am »
+1
5. FCC (1-2) - Off to a slow start is in understatement. It seems like though their mercs and gear are great, they just don't mesh well with eachother in a situation reminiscent of LA Lakers 2012-13 season.

This has in fact always been our weakness. Bunch of 1v1 fighters.

Offline Relit

• Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 109
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Relit
« Reply #218 on: June 26, 2013, 07:08:07 am »
+1
MrShine, it would be nice if we could get some clarification. The name 'MURRICCA crpg clan league' implies this is a NA clan league. Now we have EU players and people signing up for whoever.

I am all for have a independent team of non-clan affiliated people to play in but in the current situation it sort of defeats the purpose of having a clan league. I thought the point was to field teams of clanmates and attempted to earn some 'internet pride/bragging rights'. Some leeway should be given to multi-faction clans, like FCC, who for all purposes are essentially one clan, on a single banner.

As far as the EU players having a handicap: Previous strategus' have taught us that having a high ping means nothing to a archer (except in melee). Time and time again EU archers have come into NA battles and preformed just as well as NA archers. Having EU players in this league, especially ones who are not even in the clan of their team, just seems a bit much considering EU players/clans have their own leagues already. Exceptions could be made to select players who are in NA clans.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 07:11:50 am by Relit »

Offline HarryCrumb

• Earl
  • Renown: 339
  • Infamy: 68
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: June 26, 2013, 07:12:51 am »
MrShine, it would be nice if we could get some clarification. The name 'MURRICCA crpg clan league' implies this is a NA clan league. Now we have EU players and people signing up for whoever.

I am all for have a independent team of non-clan affiliated people to play in but in the current situation it sort of defeats the purpose of having a clan league. I thought the point was to field teams of clanmates and attempted to earn some 'internet pride/bragging rights'. Some leeway should be given to multi-faction clans, like FCC, who for all purposes are essentially one clan, on a single banner.

As far as the EU players having a handicap: Previous strategus' have taught us that having a high ping means nothing to a archer (except in melee). Time and time again EU archers have come into NA battles and preformed just as well as NA archers. Having EU players in this league, especially ones who are not even in the clan of their team, just seems a bit much consider EU players/clans have their own leagues already. Exceptions could be made to select players who are in NA clans.

Give this man a cold beer for an absolutely fabulous post. I could not be any more ashamed that we are letting EU scum tarnish the league that was founded by the true founding fathers (and Tom_Cruise, the mother of MURRICCA) of this great community.

Offline AluminumMonster

• Knight
  • Renown: 79
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: PRO_Flying_Dildos
« Reply #220 on: June 26, 2013, 08:52:46 am »
+1

maybe if we all post a brick, we will have enough bricks to build a wall and keep these goddamn foreigners out!!
THE 99% WILL LOOK UP AND SAY "FEED ME"

AND I WILL SHOOT A DILDO DOWN YOUR THROAT.

Offline Aderyn

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: June 26, 2013, 12:24:35 pm »
So much anger over 2 swedes playing for frisia. Are you that afraid of us?

As far as the EU players having a handicap: Previous strategus' have taught us that having a high ping means nothing to a archer (except in melee). Time and time again EU archers have come into NA battles and preformed just as well as NA archers. Having EU players in this league, especially ones who are not even in the clan of their team, just seems a bit much considering EU players/clans have their own leagues already. Exceptions could be made to select players who are in NA clans.

Sorry to burst your bubble but there are hell of alot more good EU archers than NA archers.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 12:29:42 pm by Aderyn »

Offline Gristle

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: June 26, 2013, 01:07:23 pm »
Sorry to burst your bubble but there are hell of alot more good EU archers than NA archers.

Read his post again, then tell me what you just said has to do with anything being discussed. He's talking about archers having an easy time regardless of ping, and you've apparently decided to measure cock sizes. No one here cares about the skill level between EU and NA archers. No one mentioned that. Skill is not the fucking topic at hand. Hey, how about you reply to what I said, rather than look for a fight? I think SOME EU players should be allowed in the league, while most should not. Do you have a response to THAT?
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 01:15:17 pm by Gristle »

Offline BaleOhay

• Marshall
  • Renown: 789
  • Infamy: 229
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BS
« Reply #223 on: June 26, 2013, 01:49:23 pm »
+1
seems I missed something and my shield could have been helpful
Leader of BS

Offline Aderyn

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: June 26, 2013, 02:02:52 pm »
+3
Read his post again, then tell me what you just said has to do with anything being discussed. He's talking about archers having an easy time regardless of ping, and you've apparently decided to measure cock sizes. No one here cares about the skill level between EU and NA archers. No one mentioned that. Skill is not the fucking topic at hand. Hey, how about you reply to what I said, rather than look for a fight? I think SOME EU players should be allowed in the league, while most should not. Do you have a response to THAT?

My point is that he says archers are coming over from EU to play on NA and do well even with bad ping. It's simply because those coming over are better than the average archer on NA, not to mention the russians are already used to playing on high ping.

If you take a look around there aren't many archers on NA, mainly due to the hostility people show if someone is holding a bow(and the latest nerfs in recent days ofcourse).

And yes i do have a response to that SOME EU player should be allowed in the league. Why the segregation? Why discriminate the others just because they have bad ping and havn't played as long on the NA server as some of us have? It's not a league for those who has played NA_1 the longest, it's a teamcup. As a sidenote here i think it's wrong to discriminate people by where they are from.

And why narrow it down to just the europeans? How do you feel about brazilians, aussies(new zealanders too), chinese etc? Are they allowed from your point of view? They are just as far away (if not even further).
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 02:06:00 pm by Aderyn »