Author Topic: I feel that the cost of thrown weapons needs to be reduced. (Comparison)  (Read 6627 times)

Offline PhantomZero

• Earl
  • Renown: 384
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
  • I'm going to need you playing at 6AM on Saturday..
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BIRD CLAN
  • Game nicks: POSTMASTER_PHANTOM0_OF_BIRD
  • IRC nick: PhantomZero
Re: I feel that the cost of thrown weapons needs to be reduced. (Comparison)
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2011, 05:25:13 am »
i would like to not have 0 kills every fight due to a cav running my unarmored char down.

i would like to look at a skilled player if i can even tell that anymore since they are all in drab pesant gear and think i could give them a good fight before i die.

i would like this mod to be fun like last week

i would like this mod to not be native where everyone is the same.

These were all the exact problems before the patch.

Cavalry being too armored/good to be killed and running over peasants. Have you tried throwing anything at a horse? It takes maybe 3 darts at most or 1 if its a headshot or Javelin/Heavy Throwing Axe.

The good players all wore heavy armor, as a peasant you couldn't even hurt them and they could kick you to death while laughing as they dipped their hands into another bag of cheetos, how could you possibly give a good fight to that person as a level 15 character? This also ties into your forth point as before it was just who could rush to get the Sword of Cookies, Throwing Lances, Gothic Plate Armor with Bevor, Plated Chargers where everyone uses the same weapons (Boulder on a stick, Great Maul, Huscarl Shield, Sniper Crossbow etc.)

This game wasn't any fun for new players the way it was before and was seen as too grindy. Would you prefer to have everyone's characters get wiped every 2 months?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline AirPhforce

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2011, 05:26:02 am »
Why are you alone? Why isn't there someone helping stop a guy from running up and cutting your head off?

You guys can give me all the troll points or whatever you want, but you might as well just download Americas Army so you can become an Army of OneĀ™

How many kills would you guys personally like to have per round or for that matter at the end of the map?

We arn't talking about "Army of One" we are talking about the super-high cost of a person who puts all his points in power throw. That means 3x thrown and a shield. No melee weapons. No Army of One.

Offline PhantomZero

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2011, 05:29:40 am »
We arn't talking about "Army of One" we are talking about the super-high cost of a person who puts all his points in power throw. That means 3x thrown and a shield. No melee weapons. No Army of One.

And i'm saying there isn't a cost unless you feel the need to be 1-shotting people while running around by yourself and wasting all of your javelins on the first man with a farm tool that you see.

Offline Surol

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2011, 05:36:00 am »
i was a heavy thrower now im a pesant i could take a few hits from the chargers and still get them off the horse now i get rsn over sand cant upkeep my throwing items. this is my new game.

Offline PhantomZero

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2011, 05:39:17 am »
i was a heavy thrower now im a pesant i could take a few hits from the chargers and still get them off the horse now i get rsn over sand cant upkeep my throwing items. this is my new game.

Try hanging out with a guy holding a pike, he can protect you from horses while you throw darts at all the other poor people on the other team. Or are you going to try and tell me you always get matched against the best players in the game and they all have millions of gold in the bank and still run around with all the gear they used pre-patch.

Offline AirPhforce

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2011, 05:48:17 am »
And i'm saying there isn't a cost unless you feel the need to be 1-shotting people while running around by yourself and wasting all of your javelins on the first man with a farm tool that you see.

I just think it's interesting that you think war-darts are a viable weapon. You have clearly never used a throwing character.

They have a shield? Whoops. I can't do anything. At all. Period. That's why all the dedicated thrown are pidgin-holed into using the "Bonus against shield" spears, which happen to be super expensive. 

Offline PhantomZero

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2011, 05:59:00 am »
I just think it's interesting that you think war-darts are a viable weapon. You have clearly never used a throwing character.

They have a shield? Whoops. I can't do anything. At all. Period. That's why all the dedicated thrown are pidgin-holed into using the "Bonus against shield" spears, which happen to be super expensive.

Why are you throwing shit at someone who is aware of you and using a shield? As a cavalry it would be stupid of me to charge at someone who is aware of me and is using a pike or throwing weapons.

Why do you feel the need to be 100% effective against everything in the game? Why not attack people who are distracted? Shields are much smaller now so try aiming for their feet (this also means if you miss you can just run back and pick up your expensive javelins)

Carrying a shield is literally the only reason to use a 1h weapon, if that shield is negated by a javelin, why bother playing a 1h?

Offline AirPhforce

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2011, 06:07:06 am »
Why are you throwing shit at someone who is aware of you and using a shield? As a cavalry it would be stupid of me to charge at someone who is aware of me and is using a pike or throwing weapons.

Why do you feel the need to be 100% effective against everything in the game? Why not attack people who are distracted? Shields are much smaller now so try aiming for their feet (this also means if you miss you can just run back and pick up your expensive javelins)

Carrying a shield is literally the only reason to use a 1h weapon, if that shield is negated by a javelin, why bother playing a 1h?

"I want to use this one weapon type exclusively, but it costs four times as much as the other weapon users who also decide to use one weapon exclusively!"

And to that you reply "Why do you feel the need to be 100% effective against everything in the game?" and "Don't forget you can just grab a sword off the field!" You either don't understand or are deliberately trolling.

Offline Vicious666

• Baron
  • Renown: 88
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
  • becouse an image is worth a thousand words
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vicious666_xXx
  • IRC nick: Vicious666
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2011, 06:09:51 am »
i would like to not have 0 kills every fight due to a cav running my unarmored char down.

i would like to look at a skilled player if i can even tell that anymore since they are all in drab pesant gear and think i could give them a good fight before i die.

i would like this mod to be fun like last week

i would like this mod to not be native where everyone is the same.

sorry just upset that the game is not as fun for me as it used to be. now i just run and die like when i first played.

he is right

give us our fun back.

together with my plate triple loomed eslavona and   charger

Offline Kophka

• Baron
  • Renown: 92
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
  • for the final ride
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnants
  • Game nicks: Kophka/Koschei
  • IRC nick: Kophka
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2011, 06:16:10 am »
Did no one notice my post?  :cry:

Offline PhantomZero

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2011, 06:29:01 am »

"I want to use this one weapon type exclusively, but it costs four times as much as the other weapon users who also decide to use one weapon exclusively!"

And to that you reply "Why do you feel the need to be 100% effective against everything in the game?" and "Don't forget you can just grab a sword off the field!" You either don't understand or are deliberately trolling.

I'm just trying to come up with reasons for you to go the cheap route, everyone else in game is fine using 3 slots of javelins and war darts and are apparently not having a problem maintaining it, you seem to want throwing spears and lances to become the norm while plate armor and ~swordz of cookiez~ go out of style.

A sword is not effective against a 2 handed one or cavalry and unless you are packing tons of powerstrike not against tin cans either. A piercing weapon is effective against all armors and countered with archers and crossbowmen, the only thing as an infantry that can save you is a shield or the ineptitude of the thrower. You were complaining about having things be too expensive to maintain while I am trying desperately to show you that you aren't alone and when you have two guys with 8 javelins each that is plenty enough to hold off many times your number.

I did kophka, but you dont understand, its not DEDICATED enough, there aren't enough throwable weapons that I can use against my foe. What if I miss with those 8 javelins? What am I going to throw at him to BREAK HIS SHIELD and CRUSH HIS SPIRIT.

Offline Surol

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2011, 07:11:29 am »
i dont think he is talking about breaking a shield.

he is talking about affording a wep that can do more then sting at near melee range which is where a thrower stands.

Offline Ganon

• Peasant
  • Renown: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ganon, Linkk
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2011, 07:21:23 am »
I agree the cost is excessive even when using mid level weapons, and the suggestion to use low level/beginner's weapon forever is just a poor attempt at trolling.

Offline AirPhforce

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2011, 07:32:39 am »
i dont think he is talking about breaking a shield.

he is talking about affording a wep that can do more then sting at near melee range which is where a thrower stands.

This, exactly.

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2011, 07:32:42 am »
I don't see how they need to be reduced when throwing has taken off like crazy since the patch and is tearing people apart since there's more mid-tier armor instead of everyone and their 2nd cousin being some plate crutching spammer.  Even more so since you can be just within melee range, start your attack and get an insta-jart in the face from less than a foot away.
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?