Author Topic: Pontic Genocide  (Read 6460 times)

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
Re: Pontic Genocide
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2013, 05:06:45 pm »
[...]If Greeks were in political position that could do major changes, chances are that the world would be a lot better than it is now.
Considering that you can't even keep your own country running, I don't even wanna image what could happen if Greece had the power to influence all of Europe.
Probably we would be all hunting pigeons in the street as food...  :D

Sorry buddy, but from 2000 bc and up until 1450, Greeks were the only ones who did revolutionary things.

And yes, I strongly believe that if Greeks were in a more powerful position, the world would be 10 times better. I don`t support that because I`m a Greek, I support this because history proves that Greeks invented all major things in this world.

Hell, chances are that, if it weren`t the Greeks, most European countries would still have monarchy .

Ronin : Please tell me that you are joking..
Yea, fuck all the high cultures that existed in that timeframe!
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2013, 05:08:05 pm »
Ronin : Please tell me that you are joking..
Fuke you Gayreek

(click to show/hide)
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline Panos

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 1319
  • Infamy: 551
  • cRPG Player
  • Hate for 2h kuyak my old friends.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Varangian Guard
  • Game nicks: Varangian_Panos
  • IRC nick: Panos
« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2013, 05:14:29 pm »
Considering that you can't even keep your own country running, I don't even wanna image what could happen if Greece had the power to influence all of Europe.
Probably we would be all hunting pigeons in the street as food...  :D
Yea, fuck all the high cultures that existed in that timeframe!

Oh you`re right, because now that Germany has the power to influence all of Europe, things are 1000 times better. At least for you guys.

All of the cultures that co-existed along with the Greek, was either Monarchies or Oligarchies.

Oh my GOD, even the words Monarchy and Oligarchy are Greeks  :wink:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2013, 05:28:18 pm »
+1
Because there were Greek monarchies and oligarchies.
Turtles

Offline Panos

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2013, 05:29:20 pm »
Because there were Greek monarchies and oligarchies.

With the only difference that when monarchies existed in Greece, Greece was city states, and not one nation.

Offline Casimir

• King
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2013, 05:30:44 pm »
To lazy to unify you own lands so you went and invaded others. GG.
Turtles

Offline Prinz_Karl

• Earl
  • Renown: 383
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Fridericus_II
« Reply #36 on: May 22, 2013, 02:26:08 am »
Sorry buddy, but from 2000 bc and up until 1450, Greeks were the only ones who did revolutionary things.

And yes, I strongly believe that if Greeks were in a more powerful position, the world would be 10 times better. I don`t support that because I`m a Greek, I support this because history proves that Greeks invented all major things in this world.

Hell, chances are that, if it weren`t the Greeks, most European countries would still have monarchy .

They invented the democracy and revolutionary ideas which made them to the most advanced thinkers of ancient times. Anyway you shouldn't see democracy as an invention which didn't find its way up to Europe in the Middle Age and thus never happened there. It was rather the position the people were situated in which made a Revolution not possible yet. You can't compare Greece with other Europe states of the MA, the religion made progresses not possible there, "the King was chosen by god". I want to say that different situations lead to different developements. But don't say things the Greeks invented the democracy, without that invention there would be still monarchies. Democracy is a natural progress in history which is based on the willingness of people to make a change.

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #37 on: May 22, 2013, 08:47:15 am »
+4
Well, let's hope it doesn't get to Germany really running things again.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Panos

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 22, 2013, 09:20:04 am »
They invented the democracy and revolutionary ideas which made them to the most advanced thinkers of ancient times. Anyway you shouldn't see democracy as an invention which didn't find its way up to Europe in the Middle Age and thus never happened there. It was rather the position the people were situated in which made a Revolution not possible yet. You can't compare Greece with other Europe states of the MA, the religion made progresses not possible there, "the King was chosen by god". I want to say that different situations lead to different developements. But don't say things the Greeks invented the democracy, without that invention there would be still monarchies. Democracy is a natural progress in history which is based on the willingness of people to make a change.

But the Athenians were the first one worldwide that had democracy  :?

And why wouldn`t I compare Greece to other countries?? Greece/Byz Empire was a very religious country aswell, not ruled by the Pope, but the Patriarch had very big influence aswell.

Democracy is a progress in history which is based on the way Athenians used to live. Even the word Democracy is Greek, so please don`t try to tell me that democracy was something that would occur natural to the rest of Europe.

Especially when the biggest countries (France & Germany) establised democracy on the 19th-20th century. Even the les lumières revolution, was based on the ancient Greeks and the way they used to live..   :wink:

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #39 on: May 22, 2013, 12:37:50 pm »
We used to be awesome.

Now I have to tell everyone else what we used to be cuz it's just a huge pile of crap today  :cry:
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 12:52:16 pm by benkei »
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Casimir

• King
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 22, 2013, 01:04:05 pm »
+2
British parliament is descended from the ancient Germanic tradition of wartime council. Magna carta and all that established the legal requirement for the monarchy to consult the nobility.  Although not strictly adhered to for the follow 3 centuries every monarch was required to call parliaments and eventually the enfranchisement spread to more members of society. This was a form of democracy, and it wasn't based on Athenian democracy.

To say that all democracy stems from Greece is incorrect,  such traditions such as this prove that concepts of democracy can be found in civilisations that would have had ni knowledge of Athenian democracy.
Turtles

Offline Panos

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 22, 2013, 01:05:15 pm »

A people without the knowledge of their past history, origin and culture is like a tree without roots.

Marcus Garvey

I`m proud for my country`s history, something that you Germans will never have  :wink:

Edit for Cas: Magna Carta was signed in the 13th Century, Greeks had democracy for over 15 centuries  :lol:

Offline Casimir

• King
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 22, 2013, 01:15:25 pm »
So what, it's in no way linked to Greek democracy. Many early civilisations are likely to have had a form of democracy simply records do not survive.

As I said it stems from an ancient Germanic tradition that could easily predate the existence of Athens. Magna carta simply enshrined in law traditions that already existed in effect.
Turtles

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2878
  • Infamy: 2808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 22, 2013, 01:21:06 pm »
+1
Germans are proud too, they are the ones who ended Roman Empire... (in flames)

Btw. whenever a country gets in a deep shit people start acting like you are acting recently, Panos. When my country went from being decent to shithole, all of a sudden people started thinking how they are special (Serbs are sky people, don't you know that?), mentioning great conquests that happened more than 500 years ago, blah, blah, blah...

Only uneducated people tend to act like this, but there's so damn many of them...

In every country that is going through rough times, nationalism and racism show their ugly head sooner or later. And parties like Golden Dawn come to power. In the 90s we had Serbian Radical Party which had same "ideology" as your beloved Golden Dawn, just replace Greeks with Serbians. Now they have transformed into biggest proponent of European Union...

Offline Panos

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 22, 2013, 01:28:17 pm »
Being a patriot does not make you a racist.

I`m sick and tired of all those anti-nationalist idiots all around Europe, we have a lot of anarchists here in Greece aswell, rich boys hailing from the richest families of Greece.

At the end, I prefer being an uneducated nationalist, rather a spoiled wannabe yuppie anarchist.

And I don`t get it, why should nationalism be a bad thing??

If  someone claims that he`s a communist or an anarchist, everyone is acting like it`s something normal, while on the other hand, if you claim that you are a nationalist, you`re instantly shunned.