Author Topic: Archery for Strategus  (Read 2224 times)

Offline Rhekimos

• Duke
  • Renown: 672
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • ふふふふふ
    • View Profile
    • Forbiddena
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Rhekimos
  • IRC nick: Rhekimos
Re: Archery for Strategus
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2013, 05:12:47 pm »
I guess.

I don't think the archers enjoyed it either. At least that's what I heard from archer clanmates in the same fight.

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2013, 06:26:02 pm »
+2
That is the whole premise behind my MW Nomad bow build. it is fun as hell. Well, unless you need to satisfy your e-peen with a high k/d ratio for bragging. Me, I'm satisfied with rolling x5 while I buff my teammates k/d.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline OttomanSniper

• Count
  • Renown: 175
  • Infamy: 97
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Greek_OttomanSniper Roof_Monkey
  • IRC nick: _Sniper
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2013, 03:54:25 pm »
I lose my years for this game and  u say to me "u are support class". Who wants play a support class? OK give me to a free respec! Its new nerf and I did not know this class will nerf in future.

Look real wars, archery isn't support class. Mostly one shot = one kill. But in CRPG all tincans looks like hedgehog. I cant understans how can move this tincans with 20 arrow? Its look painful.

Offline Rumblood

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2013, 06:51:55 pm »
I collect 250+ points in game but only kill 2 player.

LVL 35
26str
8 Power Draw
150wp
+3 rus bow
+3 bodkin arrow

I get kills with only 3 PD, a +3 Nomad Bow and +3 arrows (normal). Some arrows will bounce off of tincans, but not all. Certainly with higher PD they don't nearly as often. You are either A: really bad or B: killing teammates and losing kills or C: you are exaggerating for effect.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2013, 07:57:18 pm »
I get kills with only 3 PD, a +3 Nomad Bow and +3 arrows (normal). Some arrows will bounce off of tincans, but not all. Certainly with higher PD they don't nearly as often. You are either A: really bad or B: killing teammates and losing kills or C: you are exaggerating for effect.

Grannpappy you're HA now though, right?  OP is over-exaggerating, but at the same time HA speed bonus & high horse archery skill can probably achieve higher damage than a foot archer.  I don't know how feasible 3 PD is for a foot archer unless they solely focus peasants or headshots.
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline Rumblood

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2013, 12:34:43 am »
+2
Grannpappy you're HA now though, right?  OP is over-exaggerating, but at the same time HA speed bonus & high horse archery skill can probably achieve higher damage than a foot archer.  I don't know how feasible 3 PD is for a foot archer unless they solely focus peasants or headshots.

Right now I am, but that doesn't mean I haven't done a full generation as a foot archer with a Nomad bow and 3 PD and done just fine. Besides, if you think that being on a horse makes a 3PD +3 Nomad bow with +3 normal arrows more powerful than 8PD with +3 Rus and +3 Bodkins, you my Shiny friend, are crazy in the head  :lol:

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2013, 01:05:49 am »
OP is over-exaggerating, but at the same time HA speed bonus & high horse archery skill can probably achieve higher damage than a foot archer.

Never in the history of c-RPG have I or any Fallen I know feared the sting of a HA's arrow more then a normal archer. High HA skill helps accuracy, your damage is murdered by using a smaller bow, being unable to spare the normal amount of attributes and skill that a normal archer has due to sinking into HA and Riding, and that even high HA skill will still leave you at a noticeable damage penalty.

Only at the best of times, the rarest of times, will the HA do more damage then an archer (who would have to be a horn-bow toting accuracy build), and even then you could simply brute-force higher damage from a ground archer if the ground archer ever wanted comparable accuracy to a HA and use the saved points to have a crapload of PD with a rus/longbow.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 01:20:09 am by Tears of Destiny »
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2013, 03:28:41 pm »
I should have clarified my earlier post: what I meant was that a HA can achieve more damage than a foot archer of equivalent PD.  The speed bonus changes probably helped bring HA a bit closer to foot archer damage in general, but yeah I'm in agreement that foot archers in general have the capacity to output more damage.

I'm mostly just surprised that Grannpappy can get away with 3 PD... that seems masochistic :P
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline bagge

• King
  • Renown: 1056
  • Infamy: 275
  • cRPG Player
  • Duke of Poland
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: bagge
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2013, 10:56:13 pm »
+2
Archery aint a support class.

http://c-rpg.net/index.php?page=battlesparticipated#!?page=battleroster&id=2870 - siege (attacker)

http://c-rpg.net/index.php?page=battlesparticipated#!?page=battleroster&id=3744 - open field (attacker)

I collect 250+ points in game but only kill 2 player.

LVL 35
26str
8 Power Draw
150wp
+3 rus bow
+3 bodkin arrow

Too many shots bounced with this build. I get 10+ headshot but never kill with HS

How can you explain this s*it? I play this game from CRPG start and never see like this. Devs u are really...

If that is so you're just bad :P I got 6 PD btw.
I hope you guys get some sort of sticky balls deseases and smell like my armpits, sorry excusese for nolife fucking cunts you are.

Offline Mr.K.

• Earl
  • Renown: 474
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmar Union
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2013, 12:58:27 am »
Do NOT buff Bagge. FFS, this my old friend rapes anything that moves on strat. If you can't aimboat, be a 2H hero.

Archery is fine. It's UP as shit, but a pro's like Bagge still pwn. Deal with it.

Offline Bobthehero

• Duke
  • Renown: 515
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Grandmaster Ultimate God Of Swashbucklin'
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bridgeburners
  • Game nicks: Bobthehero_Whals and I am totally not all the Not_Bobthehero alts ever.
  • IRC nick: Buff Swashbuckling
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2013, 04:41:46 pm »
Look real wars, archery isn't support class. Mostly one shot = one kill. But in CRPG all tincans looks like hedgehog. I cant understans how can move this tincans with 20 arrow? Its look painful.

Absofuckinglutely not you moron, there's been tales of Crusaders with arrow stuck in them and said Crusaders just walking around, their armor protected them, whilw with plate armor the arrows would be bouncing back, they barely feel the arrows.
The Narwhals, dedicated swashbuckler part of FCC

Stabbing is my speciality and one hitting people, my art

Offline OttomanSniper

• Count
  • Renown: 175
  • Infamy: 97
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Greek_OttomanSniper Roof_Monkey
  • IRC nick: _Sniper
« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2013, 10:42:27 pm »
Archery aint a support class.

http://c-rpg.net/index.php?page=battlesparticipated#!?page=battleroster&id=2870 - siege (attacker)

http://c-rpg.net/index.php?page=battlesparticipated#!?page=battleroster&id=3744 - open field (attacker)

If that is so you're just bad :P I got 6 PD btw.

yea u are awesome archer i know, my last strategus war; u shot me 7 times and kill me 6 time from my head and one time to body like %100 level counter strike pod-bot. its mean u make better ur player skills. and why my shots bounced i still cant understand, im not best archer in crpg but i have highest damage archer in crpg. repeat repeat repeat.... how can bounce i still cant understand.

Absofuckinglutely not you moron, there's been tales of Crusaders with arrow stuck in them and said Crusaders just walking around, their armor protected them, whilw with plate armor the arrows would be bouncing back, they barely feel the arrows.

uneducated...

« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 10:47:08 pm by OttomanSniper »

Offline Bobthehero

• Duke
  • Renown: 515
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Grandmaster Ultimate God Of Swashbucklin'
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bridgeburners
  • Game nicks: Bobthehero_Whals and I am totally not all the Not_Bobthehero alts ever.
  • IRC nick: Buff Swashbuckling
« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2013, 02:30:07 am »
Yes send me a link in moonspeak and try to educate me, right.... right...

Edit: The test at the end is done so horribly wrong the only thing I want to do right now is punch your face in, how can you not notice all the flaws you moronic fuck face, no seriously, they take a single metal plate without and gambeson, and then fire an arrow and call it a day.
The Narwhals, dedicated swashbuckler part of FCC

Stabbing is my speciality and one hitting people, my art

Offline Jarold

• Marshall
  • Renown: 987
  • Infamy: 142
  • "Always wear more armor than the guy next to you."
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarold
« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2013, 04:13:20 am »
Went 39/18 with 6 PD in the only strat battle I played as archer. It was a +3 horn bow, would've preferred a +3 long bow. I had to repeatedly jump and chop down ladders as an archer because some teammates wouldn't do it.

Offline bagge

• King
  • Renown: 1056
  • Infamy: 275
  • cRPG Player
  • Duke of Poland
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: bagge
« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2013, 08:58:09 pm »
Went 39/18 with 6 PD in the only strat battle I played as archer. It was a +3 horn bow, would've preferred a +3 long bow. I had to repeatedly jump and chop down ladders as an archer because some teammates wouldn't do it.

Point being?
I hope you guys get some sort of sticky balls deseases and smell like my armpits, sorry excusese for nolife fucking cunts you are.